The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

What I've Been Up To in 2017 -- And How I Accidentally Became A Direct Response Copywriter

NewYorkCity

Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Jun 7, 2011
I graduated college not TOO long ago (Mid 20's here). I've been working in b2b sales for the last few years learning the ins and outs of the Big Business world and how deals are done.

Currently I work in Enterprise Software Sales. Big money here...even as an employee. However I need to grind it out for a few more years until I am making enormous amounts... however it is not a bad backup plan or something to do in the meantime.

It's also not the most fun. Constant quotas and the typical corporate BS. Not a bad place to be but certainly not the best. If you're a budding entrepreneur who still needs to pay the bills it is a good place to work for a while.

Latest Business

The latest business I've started was an 'niche Authority site'. Last month it made a whopping....$10!

But why are you starting one of these you probably ask?

I have a buddy who lives in a high rise from Manhattan (He even talked about buying his brother a house) all from the proceeds from his website.

TheWirecutter sold for eight figures to the New York Times. It was made by a Hawaiian dude who slept on his friend's couch for a while. I figure I can at least get mine to 6 figures in revenue.

So the last few weeks have been me bashing my head against my keyboard after work trying to figure out how to rank well in Google.

If you're sitting at home looking for ideas and don't have a ton of capital, this might be a good idea. You can work at it at your job while doing other things.

How I Landed a Copywriting Role at the Biggest Financial Publisher

And recently I accidentally unofficially landed a role at one of the biggest financial publishers in the world by getting an internal referral...You guys know who they are. Ditching my software job because I think it has more potential.

I don't have a copywriting background except for a few things I wrote here and there. Base Salary, Benefits, Free Housing for the first six months and comparable to being a freelancer on the royalties side.

So if one of you wanted to pursue that freelance route it certainly is possible. Challenging to get in, but possible if you wanted to give it a go.

@Joe Cassandra Knows who I am talking about.... I think...Small world.

Last year I was finishing paying off my stupid student loans working a job I absolutely loathed. Better now but still not where I want to be. Shows you guys how much things can change in a year.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Azure

Perpetual Motion
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Mar 12, 2016
Let me guess, you work for Agora?

Y.B.

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Feb 7, 2014
Not sure about sleeping on a couch but the wirecutter was founded by the former director of gizmodo - Brian Lam - Wikipedia

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.