The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

The End of Slowlane Suffering

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

JJMac

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 6, 2019
United Kingdom
Hello everyone,

I'm Joe, 25 years old from the UK.

Graduated June 2016 with a degree in Civil Engineering and that very same month entered the slowlane, with a job working on a railway project with a large construction firm. The degree in engineering came about from a google search sometime in 2011 stating 'what degree gives me the best chance of getting a job once I graduate' on which civil engineering listed 3rd. So whilst not being passionate about civil engineering, I was somewhat interested, hence the choice of degree.

Until now I have been one of those people that will suddenly get a spike in motivation, go crazy searching the web for ideas, and then the motivation dies after a week or so, to then arise once again maybe a month later. I would search the web aimlessly, coming across 'gurus' left, right and centre, and shamefully admit to having spent many an hour wasted listening to some of them!

My job began to wear down on me, commuting nearly 4hrs daily and doing boring project management style work for somebody else's gain. Then something really crazy happened, me and my partner found out we were expecting our first child (since born November)! At that point I knew I needed to change everything I have been doing, living pay check to pay check would no longer be an option, as well as a 5-2 trade of time.

So I started looking at my own mindset and goals etc this time to start at the root of the problem instead of instantly what will make me money, with the intention of sustaining this development unlike other times, and so far, I have. And this is what led me to 'the Millionaire Fastlane '. And wow @MJ DeMarco, this book is what finally articulated the things I have been needing to hear to put an end to my useless procrastination. Thank you very much. Unscripted will be in the post on its way to me this week.

For me this is the very beginning, I've read a few gold threads already which have presented some very inspiring stuff! I intend to get through as many as possible. The people in this forum are the type of people my life has been lacking, I have so much to learn from you all, thank you in advance. And sorry for the long intro!

I am ready to finally take action.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
Hey Joe! First of all, congratulations on your new role as parents :)

Reading your post reminded me of how I came to the Millionaire Fastlane book in the first place.

I still remember how I felt when I was first thrown into the working-a-job-life after graduating from school.
One of my most prevalent thoughts was "that's it? That's my life now? Doing the same boring shit for another 40 years and only having some real freetime on the weekends?"

It's been almost 10 years since I started working a job and having those thoughts the first time, if I remember correctly I already had them in my first week or so of working.

I also remember how I felt after reading TMF . What a great feeling to finally have someone articulate what you only felt inside and weren't able to really get a hold of that feeling.

Anyway, I'm wandering off topic right now.

TMF , like for me, seems to have changed your life to the better. I hope this forum continues to do so for you :)

JJMac

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 6, 2019
United Kingdom
Hi @Supa, thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear from somebody who can relate to my story. As you can imagine I have frustrated myself a lot so far, and although I haven't accomplished anything yet, I'm somewhat relieved to feel like I now have some sense of direction.

I think , and correct me if I'm wrong, I now just need to absorb as much great information on here as possible and my path will reveal itself assuming I have the right attitude and mindset. I want to start with creating passive income in an area that I can learn a lot of useful stuff along the way that can then be converted to a Fastlane system. I also want to be able to make the 'leap' people refer to in this forum as soon as possible, to leave my current day job to start working full-time for myself. Any thoughts/criticism on my approach would be more than welcome.

Timmy C

I Will Not Stop!
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
231%
Jun 12, 2018
Melbourne, Australia
Hi @Supa, thanks for the reply!

Glad to hear from somebody who can relate to my story. As you can imagine I have frustrated myself a lot so far, and although I haven't accomplished anything yet, I'm somewhat relieved to feel like I now have some sense of direction.

I think , and correct me if I'm wrong, I now just need to absorb as much great information on here as possible and my path will reveal itself assuming I have the right attitude and mindset. I want to start with creating passive income in an area that I can learn a lot of useful stuff along the way that can then be converted to a Fastlane system. I also want to be able to make the 'leap' people refer to in this forum as soon as possible, to leave my current day job to start working full-time for myself. Any thoughts/criticism on my approach would be more than welcome.

At the end of the day just reading more will be more action faking you learn by doing. It might well be valuable to go through the gold and notable threads but from my very limited experience. Focus on utilising what skills you have at the moment in your endeavour. You will need more than motivation you need DRIVE, motivation will be fleeting when you come across challenges that are difficult to solve DRIVE will keep you going not motivation, your WHY you are doing this has to be strong enough. Once you get through UNSCRIPTED you will have a few more ideas of how to get started, i rate it better than the millionaire fastlane but both have had a great impact on me personally.

Welcome to the forum.

JJMac

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
183%
Jan 6, 2019
United Kingdom
Thanks for the comments and welcome message @Timmy1990, appreciate the feedback. I agree with what you are saying, drive is the key to continuing through the roadblocks. I do just need to start with something and learn along the way but I just thought due to my currently limited skillset I am maybe best placed to get some wisdom/ direction as to how I can improve my skillset through this community.

Excited to hear you thought Unscripted was even better than the Millionaire Fastlane , can’t wait to read it!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Joe, appreciate the intro!

Supa

Came for the $. Stayed for the Ice Cream.
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
289%
May 27, 2015
Germany
@JJMac yeah, in MJ's words, it's like a new road has opened in front of you, one you didn't even know exists. It can feel exhilarating to know, that there really is more to life than just working a job and living 5 for 2.

Use this to build your own mindsets. Ones that are not formed by society, but by yourself. There are tons of great threads on here to help you get in the right mindset to start your journey to the Fastlane, aswell as keeping you in that mindset on your way there.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.