Hi, I'm Stefan, a software engineer from England. I've already sent a thank you email to MJ after reading The Millionaire Fastlane , a book I think has the potential to change my life. After a bit of thought I joined this forum because I think converting it to paid is actually a good idea. I've never really engaged with a forum much in the past, especially after Reddit became popular, but with this being a group of dedicated, like minded people I thought it would be a good idea to check this place out!
I come from a background of slowlaners, my network of family and friends are all sidewalkers and slowlaners. My Mum worked 42 years at a bank! Ever since I was young I knew I had an entrepreneurial streak in me, and I've always been ambitious, but 5 years into my software career I realised after reading Fastlane that I was falling into the same Slowlane trap! Funnily enough, a week before I started reading Fastlane on a flight home, I had just invested into my first Vanguard ETF and decided to start making it a habit of investing a little into it month after month. I'm the first out of my family and friends to do this, I thought I was on the path to becoming wealthy! I'm about to turn 30 and know that I am late to the investment game, I delayed because the cost of living has been insane for a while now, so I didn't see the point of investing £200 a month when rent used to be over half of my income. I always knew that it wasn't right, that if I wanted to get rich and achieve my dreams of having a hot tub and an Aston, I was never going to get that for at least 30 years and a lot of luck.
All of this year I've been educating myself, reading business books, getting to grips with the world of business. I have become totally disinterested in my career and just this week turned down the opportunity to apply for a senior role (and a pay rise of £10k), because I know that's just going to suck up more of my time and energy, all for like £300 extra a month. I'm looking to get onto the Fastlane! So I'd say at the moment I'm very much changing the way I think and observe the world and all the opportunities out there, re-evaluating, re-educating, all that good stuff. Currently I've recognised that my network is far too small, I just don't really know anyone similar to me, or any professionals that do stuff that I could get some ideas or inspiration from, so I've committed to going to networking events for the few month I have left in London before I move to Poland later next year. And I'm really trying to resist just sitting around and brainstorming good business ideas, rather I'm trying to train my mind to see the opportunities out there, because currently I am very much in the "everything has already been done" headspace, which I know is BS.
So anyway thanks for having me! I'm looking forward to engaging and being a part of this community. Thanks again MJ, I've got a copy of Unscripted and am currently reading it during downtime at my job.
Stefan
I come from a background of slowlaners, my network of family and friends are all sidewalkers and slowlaners. My Mum worked 42 years at a bank! Ever since I was young I knew I had an entrepreneurial streak in me, and I've always been ambitious, but 5 years into my software career I realised after reading Fastlane that I was falling into the same Slowlane trap! Funnily enough, a week before I started reading Fastlane on a flight home, I had just invested into my first Vanguard ETF and decided to start making it a habit of investing a little into it month after month. I'm the first out of my family and friends to do this, I thought I was on the path to becoming wealthy! I'm about to turn 30 and know that I am late to the investment game, I delayed because the cost of living has been insane for a while now, so I didn't see the point of investing £200 a month when rent used to be over half of my income. I always knew that it wasn't right, that if I wanted to get rich and achieve my dreams of having a hot tub and an Aston, I was never going to get that for at least 30 years and a lot of luck.
All of this year I've been educating myself, reading business books, getting to grips with the world of business. I have become totally disinterested in my career and just this week turned down the opportunity to apply for a senior role (and a pay rise of £10k), because I know that's just going to suck up more of my time and energy, all for like £300 extra a month. I'm looking to get onto the Fastlane! So I'd say at the moment I'm very much changing the way I think and observe the world and all the opportunities out there, re-evaluating, re-educating, all that good stuff. Currently I've recognised that my network is far too small, I just don't really know anyone similar to me, or any professionals that do stuff that I could get some ideas or inspiration from, so I've committed to going to networking events for the few month I have left in London before I move to Poland later next year. And I'm really trying to resist just sitting around and brainstorming good business ideas, rather I'm trying to train my mind to see the opportunities out there, because currently I am very much in the "everything has already been done" headspace, which I know is BS.
So anyway thanks for having me! I'm looking forward to engaging and being a part of this community. Thanks again MJ, I've got a copy of Unscripted and am currently reading it during downtime at my job.
Stefan
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
