The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Switching lanes

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Just jotting down some quick bio, mainly for myself to look back on when I have reached the fastlane.

When I was really young, I never wanted to work. When someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I'd say I would rather be homeless than have a job. Around the age of 10 I did have some entrepreneurial adventures selling bootlegged movies, games and cd's. The margins were great, I only paid for the empty CD-R and could charge 5x the amount. In the end that business quickly died when the internet become available in more and more homes. After that I always felt like I was destined for a slowlane life, but I didn't look forward to it. I look at the regular steps, but I took my time. I was held back one year in high school, I changed subjects at university and in the end I was nearly 28 when I gratuated. I've been doing okay since, making progress at an interesting company and (slowly) increasing my salary.

Last month I read the book I Will Teach You To Be Rich (slowlane material for sure, but insightfull still). This made me finally take action, and put my savings in some indexfunds (still better than 0% interest). However, when I made the overview of my monthy earnings/spendings I realized something. I do I have a quite comfortable live right now, but it's because I have a dirt cheap appartment (student appartment). When I have to move out the next year I will have to spend almost double on rent, and have hardly any left for savings/investing. So something needs to change. When looking up something from I Will Teach You To Be Rich online, I stumbled upon this forum (a thread by JokerCrazyBeatz). While for me it all seemed to make sense that was written in the book, over here not everyone agreed about the ideas. So I decided to check out what the fastlane forum was all about and got the book. MJ makes one hell of a point, there is a way out. I'm now finishing up the last chapters of the book.

The problem is, I don't know what I want to do. Currently I'm working as a software developer and I really like it. In my spare time I work on personal projects (football betting odds scraping, automation of mundane tasks) but I don't think I could market those. I'm thinking about doing freelance work, so I'm currently setting up an Upwork profile. I think that by being in direct contact with clients I'll get a better feel what the market needs, and maybe it'll inspire me in coming up with my own a SaaS project(s).

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

gryfny

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 11, 2019
Europe
Quick update. I've finished TMF over the last few days.

Also, yesterday I had an idea. It hasen't been done yet and it fits the NESCT criteria. It's basically a system that helps clients get a refund on certain services. Since the amounts are small and the process to get a refund is cumbersome, most people don't bother. I would create a quick and easy process for the client. Sign up to my site once and import the auto-forward rule I've set up. This way I would receive their monthly overview and process any refunds for them automatically. Profit per client (a % of the refund) would be small, but the potential number of clients would be countrywide.

However, I stumbled upon a major roadblock today. I just checked and the overviews are only downloadable from the company website. The monthly e-mail that are send out only have a link to the clients account page. Asking the clients to download the overview and send me this each month would kill my USP (zero effort for refunds).

I'll think about how to work around this, because I believe the idea has potential.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...