The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My FTE (F*ck this Event) List + Progress Thread

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Bruce Marvel

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Aug 26, 2014
This is a post I create for myself and maybe others for inspiration ( I picked the idea from the Manufacturing a FTE moment thread ).

Why the F*ck do I want to improve myself and my life?
  • Having Mountain Dew / Coca Cola and sunflower seeds for dinner is not a F*cking meal - F*ck this shit
  • Being a fat 275 lbs piece of shit is not what I wanted from myself 10 years ago - F*ck this shit
  • Having a business that is actually a low effort job in disguise that pays only a few hundred dollars a month is not what I envisioned for me - F*ck this shit
  • Not having at least a resemblance of a mission or purpose is killing my human spirit - F*ck this shit
  • Being a lazy underachiever is not what I want to appear like to my future kids - F*ck this shit
  • Lacking any kind of savings is not how I want to enter my mid twenties - F*ck this shit
  • Watching TV shows, playing video games and eating crap food is not how I should be spending the most fruitful years of my life - F*ck this F*cking shit
  • Being one bad month away from being thrown out of my rented room is scaring the shit out of me, but it's numbed by the next sale I make - F*ck this shit, I want my rent for 5 F*cking years.
  • Needing to ask friends for money so I can buy an electric skateboard and then getting denied by them - F*ck this shit
  • Procrastinating on every little F*cking thing for days, weeks or even months because there's a new shiny tv episode out there, a new meme that I *must* check out or a new political scandal that I just *have* to follow - F*ck this shit
  • Staying inside because I'm F*cking lazy and fat and ashamed of myself on a perfectly clear day, full of beautiful, scantly dressed chicks that should drive my F*cking hormones through the roof but it doesn't- F*ck this shit
  • Having a declining body that I never train and is just a big blob of fat with little muscle and lacking energy or motivation - F*ck. This. Shit.
  • Having no dreams, hopes, ambitions or desires from myself because I lack any sort of direction - F*ck this shit
  • Having a wonderful, slim, smart girlfriend (I'm no nu beta male, it's amazing that I know how to make women crave me given my appearance) that I probably embarrass every time we go out, but she never tells me and loves me unconditionally- F*ck THIS SHIT, she deserves better
  • Feeling embarrassed by what my 15 year old self would think of me if he saw where I got - F*ck this shit
  • Having almost zero work consistency that varies from perfect work ethic to "just F*ck it" for months at a time - F*ck this shit, I want to be a F*cking value producing motherfcker, impress my F*cking customers and making all of them happy and chirping about my customer service to their friends
  • Having the same 4 exact T shirts that I wash twice a week and not having a nice suit for myself if I want to go out - F*ck this shit
  • Not living up to the potential I know I'm capable off - F*ck this shit
  • Going to sleep at midnight every night and waking up at 8-9, shipping just enough so I don't go broke for the next few days and then numbing myself with soda, junk food, tv shows, video games, memes and political websites - F*ck this shit, I deserve better from myself. I should F*cking teach me new F*cking things every single day that add to my knowledge and my portofolio of skills, even if I never use them. I should be a learning machine, mastering a few languages, not only 2, and being a F*cking computer wizard like I always wanted, making machines do stupid amazing shit and making them work for me instead of being the slave of the screens, what the F*ck is wrong with you you lazy piece of shit?!?!?
  • Not having a morning routine, like shit, shower, shave and brush my teeth, boiling some green tea, doing some stretching, push ups, cleaning a bit of my room and desk every single morning and jumping straight into the most productive 2-3 hours of my day instead of wasting my life around - F*ck. THIS. SHIT.
  • Not being able to go in a vacation once every few months (OR F*ckING WEEKS, DARE TO DREAM BIGGER YOU UNDERACHIEVING PIECE OF SHIT) - F*ck this shit
  • Being an almost action-faker because I convince myself that hey, I make almost medium wage in my country, and thinking that's F*cking ok for someone with my capacity and intellect. I lack any F*cking ambition and this will ruin me in the end. F*ck. THIS. SHIT.

Steps I already took:
Bought Unscripted (ebook form) and read 50 pages so far.

Steps I'll take today:
Clean my room completely

Steps I'll take tomorrow:

Read 30-50 pages of Unscripted / day (not more 'cuz I know i'll F*cking fall in a vicious circle of wantrepreneurship and never implementing)

Ship, if I have anything

Add Google ads + Facebook ads + post to 5 different websites however many of the rest of my 20 products that I was too lazy to do for the past months. By the end of the week, I expect to post ALL 20 of them.

Start a water fast for 10 days.

Income so far:
2,420 dollars since 1 January 2017 ( medium wage is ~450 bucks in my country after taxes)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

UncommonWay

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
462%
May 9, 2011
Pennsylvania, USA
I like it! You've got to start somewhere, and as long as you're taking action towards a goal, this is your start.

I would caution you against diving into a water fast. I did a 7-day water fast and lost 14 pounds, but I had zero energy. If you want to achieve things while you're losing weight, may I suggest Tim Ferriss' Slow Carb Diet ? It's the eating plan I use now, and it makes you feel full while losing a pound or so a week. I've been doing it for almost two months, and it's just habit now. Plus, it's pretty cheap if you're making your own food.

Here's the best part: a planned day each week where you eat yourself sick with all the junk food you want. I look forward to my "Faturday" each week, and by the time it's over, I'm done with junk food for a while. Makes the whole thing much easier to do.

Just do a search for "Tim Ferriss Slow Carb Diet" and you'll get all the info you need.

Congrats again on making a decision to make your life better. The trick now is maintaining your enthusiasm. I recommend re-reading your F*ck This List every morning and evening, and allowing yourself to feel the full weight of each of the items on your list. It will hurt at first, because the list is painful, but it will provide daily motivation and help you avoid slipping back into your previous crappy habits.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I might have to create new category for all these FTE's and FTSs!

Thanks for sharing.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.