The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Intro,My FTE and a problem i am facing...[NEED HELP]

Vedant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
500%
Feb 13, 2024
India
Hello! its been almost a month since i've joined TFF and i didnt really have anything to share
but after i read the "who are you "thread and some of the intros
finally i got the courage to introduce myself
MY INTRODUCTION TO THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
so basically i grew up in a middle class indian family[where everyone thinks doctor is the best career you can get] and my father was the one that planted the seedling of entrepreneurship when i was 14 by introducing the book rich dad poor dad
when i was kid i'd never read a book but that book caught my attention and to be honest i liked it at that age
it lit a fire in me cause of the success stories the author mentioned and the new things introduced to me like real estate and stock market so i thought wow its easy to get rich by just doing this
and back then i was immature and tried to show off in the school by suggesting everyone to read that book
so this led to me watching videos about finance and 2 months before i got introduced to the millionaire fastlane i binge read it within 3 days enjoyed it over any other i read previously

MY F*ck THIS EVENT
so my family is trying to shift from a bad locality to a good
my mom dad had searched extensively and suddenly one day we saw a property which everyone liked [ it was like a dream home ]
my mom discussed with my dad that lets take the risk and take a big loan & we'll manage and at the moment my father agreed too
but after thinking about the finance the house was 1.5cr [180000$] and after selling all the assets we had
still my dad had to take a loan of 50 lakh [60000$]
and one night he came in my room
[there are very few moments when dad becomes emotional with me this is the first]
he explained the situation to me that its a bad financial decison
and said if we purchase our dream home than i'll have to sacrifise all my assets , earnings in the next 10 years to that house and than what i die
this was the moment i realised what a big amount 1.5cr[180000$] is! as a teenager i thought thats an income that i can easily earn
but no my dad showed me the reality
till now my dad never showed me the need of money he bought me all the stuff as i asked [ costly stuff too ]
and that night i cried thinking about his feelings
that how hurt he would be when he admitted to his son that he cant afford that house
that was my F*ck this event
from that day i decided to give my father all the happiness he deserves
i never want a F*cking price tag to decide my dad's worth
i want to buy him his favorite BMW i want him to enjoy all the happiness in the world

THE PROBLEM I AM FACING
in indian schools you have to select which field/career you want to choose at the age of 15
and honestly i was immature when i was 15 i was so influenced by the society and my F*cking relatives [ they created an enviournment which led to me believing that becoming a doctor is the only succesful career because all of my relatives are doctor]
so i chose to become a doctor [ you can call me dumb but yeah i regret it ]
and now i am 16 in 11th grade and there is a competitive exam called NEET to get into good colleges [ high marks means almost free education , low marks= fees upto 100000$ ]
i dont care about that exam [ i know that hard work brings me good marks and yes i get good marks in practise tests too]
but the main problem is after reading the millionaire fastlane i am realising that i am not at all interested in becoming a doctor because its not a thing that interests me and also i will not enjoy freedom my entire life
if i hard work and enter a good medical college i will have too spend my 5.5 years in college [ 9 hours of college everday ] for my bachelors and than F*cking 3 years in masters
total 8.5 years of my life spent
and during this period i dont get free time too [ because attendence and marks are a must ]
and one more important point i can't turn back from selecting this field because my parents have celebrated too much for me becoming a doctor
all relatives have considered me an honored doctor my parents are tooooo proud
many times i give my dad hints about me becoming an entrepreneur but he some sort of resists everytime and says that the chances of having success is very less
the person that creates success that way is 1 in a million and tells me stop wandering about creating millions and asserts me that doctor is great

so i want the help of the forum members to suggest some ways
[ let me give you some possibility :- in a year until my college admission i convince my father that i dont want to become a doctor and choose some other degree like pharmacy , biochemistry , nutritionist (which have less college years and gives more time)
or continue what i am doing in till i spend 8.5 years and than do something entrepreneurial
or during the months between the admission into a college ( 3 months ) i earn some money by doing something and than try to convince him
any suggestion would help

thanks @Andy Black after the conversation we had i got the courage to speak up

thanks
vedant

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 26, 2023
Hello! its been almost a month since i've joined TFF and i didnt really have anything to share
but after i read the "who are you "thread and some of the intros
finally i got the courage to introduce myself
MY INTRODUCTION TO THE MILLIONAIRE FASTLANE
so basically i grew up in a middle class indian family[where everyone thinks doctor is the best career you can get] and my father was the one that planted the seedling of entrepreneurship when i was 14 by introducing the book rich dad poor dad
when i was kid i'd never read a book but that book caught my attention and to be honest i liked it at that age
it lit a fire in me cause of the success stories the author mentioned and the new things introduced to me like real estate and stock market so i thought wow its easy to get rich by just doing this
and back then i was immature and tried to show off in the school by suggesting everyone to read that book
so this led to me watching videos about finance and 2 months before i got introduced to the millionaire fastlane i binge read it within 3 days enjoyed it over any other i read previously

MY F*ck THIS EVENT
so my family is trying to shift from a bad locality to a good
my mom dad had searched extensively and suddenly one day we saw a property which everyone liked [ it was like a dream home ]
my mom discussed with my dad that lets take the risk and take a big loan & we'll manage and at the moment my father agreed too
but after thinking about the finance the house was 1.5cr [180000$] and after selling all the assets we had
still my dad had to take a loan of 50 lakh [60000$]
and one night he came in my room
[there are very few moments when dad becomes emotional with me this is the first]
he explained the situation to me that its a bad financial decison
and said if we purchase our dream home than i'll have to sacrifise all my assets , earnings in the next 10 years to that house and than what i die
this was the moment i realised what a big amount 1.5cr[180000$] is! as a teenager i thought thats an income that i can easily earn
but no my dad showed me the reality
till now my dad never showed me the need of money he bought me all the stuff as i asked [ costly stuff too ]
and that night i cried thinking about his feelings
that how hurt he would be when he admitted to his son that he cant afford that house
that was my F*ck this event
from that day i decided to give my father all the happiness he deserves
i never want a F*cking price tag to decide my dad's worth
i want to buy him his favorite BMW i want him to enjoy all the happiness in the world

THE PROBLEM I AM FACING
in indian schools you have to select which field/career you want to choose at the age of 15
and honestly i was immature when i was 15 i was so influenced by the society and my F*cking relatives [ they created an enviournment which led to me believing that becoming a doctor is the only succesful career because all of my relatives are doctor]
so i chose to become a doctor [ you can call me dumb but yeah i regret it ]
and now i am 16 in 11th grade and there is a competitive exam called NEET to get into good colleges [ high marks means almost free education , low marks= fees upto 100000$ ]
i dont care about that exam [ i know that hard work brings me good marks and yes i get good marks in practise tests too]
but the main problem is after reading the millionaire fastlane i am realising that i am not at all interested in becoming a doctor because its not a thing that interests me and also i will not enjoy freedom my entire life
if i hard work and enter a good medical college i will have too spend my 5.5 years in college [ 9 hours of college everday ] for my bachelors and than F*cking 3 years in masters
total 8.5 years of my life spent
and during this period i dont get free time too [ because attendence and marks are a must ]
and one more important point i can't turn back from selecting this field because my parents have celebrated too much for me becoming a doctor
all relatives have considered me an honored doctor my parents are tooooo proud
many times i give my dad hints about me becoming an entrepreneur but he some sort of resists everytime and says that the chances of having success is very less
the person that creates success that way is 1 in a million and tells me stop wandering about creating millions and asserts me that doctor is great

so i want the help of the forum members to suggest some ways
[ let me give you some possibility :- in a year until my college admission i convince my father that i dont want to become a doctor and choose some other degree like pharmacy , biochemistry , nutritionist (which have less college years and gives more time)
or continue what i am doing in till i spend 8.5 years and than do something entrepreneurial
or during the months between the admission into a college ( 3 months ) i earn some money by doing something and than try to convince him
any suggestion would help

thanks @Andy Black after the conversation we had i got the courage to speak up

thanks
vedant
can't share any experience, but know for sure some of forum's knowledged members will be happy to give you a piece of advice on the situation.
hope you won't regret your decision to speak aloud!
Good probability to your path, Vedant!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...