The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

First Post | The story of my FTE

A post of a ranting nature...

rocketkodak

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 6, 2023
I thought I would share my introduction and story in case it inspires anyone or helps anyone in a similar spot or who is at a low point like I was earlier this year when I had a F*ck This Experience. Posting a snapshot of where you're at can be a tool of motivation to look back and see how far you've have come or to help inspire any of you guys if you've had a similar experience. if you can take anything from it, great. If not, great.

I am a 21 year old and right now I am in the beginning stage of starting a marketing business. This month I read the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , life changing books which I will read a second time and I recommend anyone who finds these books valuable to read them a second or third time, to take notes, and know the content well enough to make a presentation from it.

Now: I am in the education phase of the journey to building a Fastlane Business. My schedule consists of marketing E-learning and reading for 12 hours/day, 7 days/week, except Sunday being the day I allow myself to go online or relax if I want, I still use most of Sundays to work. I believe the pure learning phase should only take another month before I start implementing and designing the marketing productocracy I plan to build while continuing to seek educational content. No drugs of any kind with no exceptions. Training 5-6 days per week. 7 hours of sleep per night. No exceptions.

For context I should say I am extremely privileged to be born to a mom in America of all places, and being part of a family that hasn't broken apart, with no abusive situations and no extreme economic hardships. For some time in my life I threw most of this opportunity in the trash. That being said, I have two parents with dead dreams of being entrepreneurs, who instead good-willingly taught me the Scripted dogma of: frugal saving, turning off lights when you leave the room, living in a freezing cold house, getting good grades, take no risks, invest your quarters, get a good job, go to the best college, and maybe someday you will make 100k dollars a year, all while worshipping the government, love Wall Street, democrat this, republican that, you can fill in the rest.

I started working when I was 12 by doing busking, making around 400 dollars per night making a couple thousand dollars per summer, even landing a gig that paid 2,000 dollars alone, not kidding! I decided to spend it on useless shit I didn't need and got virtually none of it back, but you gotta learn somehow lol. At 14 I wrote a book that really sucked and won a couple bs awards that virtually no one bought (thank god) because I naively "sold" it (for free) to a publishing company that printed several copies that are probably still floating around in some bookstore in my hometown and payed me nothing. Neurotically protective parents and going to a high school that taught me mostly extreme politics was getting heavier. On top of that, my dad who is a frugal saver and diligent corporate ladder trustee was experiencing health problems that someone in their late 50s shouldn't have. Rare conditions that required expensive surgeries, needing expensive vaccines and seeing both him and my mother get big-time surgeries and travel to big cities to go to sleep and wake up in hospital beds scared the daylights out of me.

I began working again at 16 to spend all of my earnings on cigarettes weed, adderall, alcohol, and anything else my coworkers in the fast food industry were doing (wonderful people). From 14-20 I was smoking at least a pack a day's worth of cigarettes, and from 16 to 20, I was constantly high or drunk. I don't remember hardly any of it. I somehow graduated high school and got into a couple decent collages and decided to not go and instead burn all my money traveling to foreign places where I could be intoxicated 24/7. At this time I had lost one family member to suicide and several descended into drug addiction. I somehow stayed optimistic that things would turn out somehow, and they did.

Soon after my 21st birthday I quit working in manufacturing after I had the first fragment of my FTE. I was becoming slowly aware of the Script on my own when the lockdown hit at age 19 and forced me to move from Europe back home. I began working 12 hour night shifts slaving away in a factory for almost two years and spent my 21st birthday in a cold, corporate lunchroom of the facility. It hit me when a higher-up executive came to give us factory workers a presentation about something like social distancing during a 12 hour graveyard shift. He was drinking coffee like it was an IV, almost yelling to us that he had to drive 3 hours from Boston to Maine twice that day and would have to do the same thing tomorrow while getting 4 hours of sleep and not being able to afford taking any time off. Beyond the nervous laughs in the room, I felt terrible for him. I asked myself if I considered this guy's higher up position as "lucky" as my company called it, and if it was something I wanted to "aspire to" as they advised us to, only if we slaved away in the factory for at least another decade.
The first two answers were obvious "hell no"s and it I stopped showing up for work. I didn't want to go. I got fired the day I returned and cursed an innocent security guard and threw an empty bottle out the window onto the pavement as I drove away from my facility. Not my proudest moment.

Going 30 miles/hour, sitting behind the steering wheel of my leased A-class I couldn't afford that I had fender-bent while drunk a couple weeks prior, I cried for the first time in years. I contemplated suicide but realized that once I had been much happier and to get back to that place I just had to trace back nearly a decade and see what went wrong, and why it did.

Working at the next job I got after forfeiting my apartment, moving back in with my parents, getting a DUI, and paying a lawyer thousands of dollars just to tell me to plead guilty, I came across the short film Happiness by Steve Cutts and cried for the second time in years in my manager's dark office of the dying retail store where I was working. I had lost two of my cars, my driver's license, my apartment, my ability to afford nicotine, drugs or alcohol, all of my money, and my sanity, and at that moment it was my faithful mom who somehow didn't kick me out yet who was on her way to pick me up driving through the cold fall weather and southern Maine traffic. This was the second half of my FTE.
If you don't know Steve Cutts he's awesome, watch it if you haven't already
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk

Shortly after I quit that job, l also decided quit drinking and the plethora of drugs I was doing and never look back. I've been reading several books a week, writing, and working on becoming smarter and being an entrepreneur ever since. A part of me is now a selfish person and I don't care if I come across as one. Putting my business, myself and my health comes first with no negotiations and everything else is background noise. Although I've lost almost every friend I used to have to the time I spend working, I am now working for no one above me and am slowly starting to see the money rolling in. Being satisfied with my life for the first time in a decade feels better than I ever thought it would, and I have forgotten virtually about my past life, as I am grateful for where I am today and the lessons my failures taught me. I have enough hope for my future to keep pursuing the script that I want, and have found amazing mentors like MJ DeMarco, and several others in the business, lifestyle and marketing space. I feel indebted to The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted for how these books have already changed my life and will continue to do so in the future.

In terms of my marketing business, I plan to grow freelance marketing into a consulting and advertising agency that goes beyond finding leads for clients in the oversaturated SMMA market (where most of the SMMAs just generate leads, use Gohighlevel templates and have virtually no value). The goal is to offer consulting, services, and software that is tried and true at not only getting more clients but expanding the business owner's revenue by as much as possible...To scale this agency from being a one person business (me) to having several talented advertisers working for me and to have a frontend package that teaches proven sales techniques, forms of advertising, and techniques of expansions to businesses in my niche. I also plan on eventually having a backend offer that once a business is scaled using our frontend package our agency can go in depth to transform the structure and brand of our client to grow its revenue even more. We'll see how this plays out as the execution phase continues. It's a big project and vision. I'm not expecting it to happen overnight, but after several years of devoting my life to work and the boring stuff, I believe it will pay off.

I know this post is "me, me, me" stuff. I'm sharing it in case it can inspire anyone struggling. If I can recover from severe delusions about money, several addictions, having mental health problems, and change the script of my life, anyone can. I haven't had my "break" yet, but I am on my way there. So in short, I think this forum is awesome. And if anyone had the patience to read through that I hope this story provides value for you. And cheers to this awesome life that we get to live.

-rocketkodak

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

KrisRomer

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
520%
Jan 24, 2023
I thought I would share my introduction and story in case it inspires anyone or helps anyone in a similar spot or who is at a low point like I was earlier this year when I had a F*ck This Experience. Posting a snapshot of where you're at can be a tool of motivation to look back and see how far you've have come or to help inspire any of you guys if you've had a similar experience. if you can take anything from it, great. If not, great.

I am a 21 year old and right now I am in the beginning stage of starting a marketing business. This month I read the Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted , life changing books which I will read a second time and I recommend anyone who finds these books valuable to read them a second or third time, to take notes, and know the content well enough to make a presentation from it.

Now: I am in the education phase of the journey to building a Fastlane Business. My schedule consists of marketing E-learning and reading for 12 hours/day, 7 days/week, except Sunday being the day I allow myself to go online or relax if I want, I still use most of Sundays to work. I believe the pure learning phase should only take another month before I start implementing and designing the marketing productocracy I plan to build while continuing to seek educational content. No drugs of any kind with no exceptions. Training 5-6 days per week. 7 hours of sleep per night. No exceptions.

For context I should say I am extremely privileged to be born to a mom in America of all places, and being part of a family that hasn't broken apart, with no abusive situations and no extreme economic hardships. For some time in my life I threw most of this opportunity in the trash. That being said, I have two parents with dead dreams of being entrepreneurs, who instead good-willingly taught me the Scripted dogma of: frugal saving, turning off lights when you leave the room, living in a freezing cold house, getting good grades, take no risks, invest your quarters, get a good job, go to the best college, and maybe someday you will make 100k dollars a year, all while worshipping the government, love Wall Street, democrat this, republican that, you can fill in the rest.

I started working when I was 12 by doing busking, making around 400 dollars per night making a couple thousand dollars per summer, even landing a gig that paid 2,000 dollars alone, not kidding! I decided to spend it on useless shit I didn't need and got virtually none of it back, but you gotta learn somehow lol. At 14 I wrote a book that really sucked and won a couple bs awards that virtually no one bought (thank god) because I naively "sold" it (for free) to a publishing company that printed several copies that are probably still floating around in some bookstore in my hometown and payed me nothing. Neurotically protective parents and going to a high school that taught me mostly extreme politics was getting heavier. On top of that, my dad who is a frugal saver and diligent corporate ladder trustee was experiencing health problems that someone in their late 50s shouldn't have. Rare conditions that required expensive surgeries, needing expensive vaccines and seeing both him and my mother get big-time surgeries and travel to big cities to go to sleep and wake up in hospital beds scared the daylights out of me.

I began working again at 16 to spend all of my earnings on cigarettes weed, adderall, alcohol, and anything else my coworkers in the fast food industry were doing (wonderful people). From 14-20 I was smoking at least a pack a day's worth of cigarettes, and from 16 to 20, I was constantly high or drunk. I don't remember hardly any of it. I somehow graduated high school and got into a couple decent collages and decided to not go and instead burn all my money traveling to foreign places where I could be intoxicated 24/7. At this time I had lost one family member to suicide and several descended into drug addiction. I somehow stayed optimistic that things would turn out somehow, and they did.

Soon after my 21st birthday I quit working in manufacturing after I had the first fragment of my FTE. I was becoming slowly aware of the Script on my own when the lockdown hit at age 19 and forced me to move from Europe back home. I began working 12 hour night shifts slaving away in a factory for almost two years and spent my 21st birthday in a cold, corporate lunchroom of the facility. It hit me when a higher-up executive came to give us factory workers a presentation about something like social distancing during a 12 hour graveyard shift. He was drinking coffee like it was an IV, almost yelling to us that he had to drive 3 hours from Boston to Maine twice that day and would have to do the same thing tomorrow while getting 4 hours of sleep and not being able to afford taking any time off. Beyond the nervous laughs in the room, I felt terrible for him. I asked myself if I considered this guy's higher up position as "lucky" as my company called it, and if it was something I wanted to "aspire to" as they advised us to, only if we slaved away in the factory for at least another decade.
The first two answers were obvious "hell no"s and it I stopped showing up for work. I didn't want to go. I got fired the day I returned and cursed an innocent security guard and threw an empty bottle out the window onto the pavement as I drove away from my facility. Not my proudest moment.

Going 30 miles/hour, sitting behind the steering wheel of my leased A-class I couldn't afford that I had fender-bent while drunk a couple weeks prior, I cried for the first time in years. I contemplated suicide but realized that once I had been much happier and to get back to that place I just had to trace back nearly a decade and see what went wrong, and why it did.

Working at the next job I got after forfeiting my apartment, moving back in with my parents, getting a DUI, and paying a lawyer thousands of dollars just to tell me to plead guilty, I came across the short film Happiness by Steve Cutts and cried for the second time in years in my manager's dark office of the dying retail store where I was working. I had lost two of my cars, my driver's license, my apartment, my ability to afford nicotine, drugs or alcohol, all of my money, and my sanity, and at that moment it was my faithful mom who somehow didn't kick me out yet who was on her way to pick me up driving through the cold fall weather and southern Maine traffic. This was the second half of my FTE.
If you don't know Steve Cutts he's awesome, watch it if you haven't already
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9dZQelULDk

Shortly after I quit that job, l also decided quit drinking and the plethora of drugs I was doing and never look back. I've been reading several books a week, writing, and working on becoming smarter and being an entrepreneur ever since. A part of me is now a selfish person and I don't care if I come across as one. Putting my business, myself and my health comes first with no negotiations and everything else is background noise. Although I've lost almost every friend I used to have to the time I spend working, I am now working for no one above me and am slowly starting to see the money rolling in. Being satisfied with my life for the first time in a decade feels better than I ever thought it would, and I have forgotten virtually about my past life, as I am grateful for where I am today and the lessons my failures taught me. I have enough hope for my future to keep pursuing the script that I want, and have found amazing mentors like MJ DeMarco, and several others in the business, lifestyle and marketing space. I feel indebted to The Millionaire Fastlane and Unscripted for how these books have already changed my life and will continue to do so in the future.

In terms of my marketing business, I plan to grow freelance marketing into a consulting and advertising agency that goes beyond finding leads for clients in the oversaturated SMMA market (where most of the SMMAs just generate leads, use Gohighlevel templates and have virtually no value). The goal is to offer consulting, services, and software that is tried and true at not only getting more clients but expanding the business owner's revenue by as much as possible...To scale this agency from being a one person business (me) to having several talented advertisers working for me and to have a frontend package that teaches proven sales techniques, forms of advertising, and techniques of expansions to businesses in my niche. I also plan on eventually having a backend offer that once a business is scaled using our frontend package our agency can go in depth to transform the structure and brand of our client to grow its revenue even more. We'll see how this plays out as the execution phase continues. It's a big project and vision. I'm not expecting it to happen overnight, but after several years of devoting my life to work and the boring stuff, I believe it will pay off.

I know this post is "me, me, me" stuff. I'm sharing it in case it can inspire anyone struggling. If I can recover from severe delusions about money, several addictions, having mental health problems, and change the script of my life, anyone can. I haven't had my "break" yet, but I am on my way there. So in short, I think this forum is awesome. And if anyone had the patience to read through that I hope this story provides value for you. And cheers to this awesome life that we get to live.

-rocketkodak
Awesome post! Good luck on your journey. I wanted to start a local lead gen SMMA, but this text kind of bitch-slapped that out of me. Very good idea to offer consulting and software, hope to see more of your journey here!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...