What's new

Landing An Apprenticeship

Marketing, social media, advertising

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

William B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Dec 29, 2018
Messages
13
Rep Bank
$160
User Power: 85%
Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all safe and well during these bizarre times.

I'm a soon-to-be college graduate in the Los Angeles area. After graduating I'll be staying in LA or moving to Austin, 5+ year business goal is to start a boutique yoga/fitness studio, but for now, I am focused on skill acquisition. I am working specifically on learning copywriting now, and studying psychology/general marketing on the side. I have a blog with some writing samples and a YouTube channel as side projects to practice what I'm learning.

I've applied to some marketing agencies/small companies I like, but really feel I'd learn a lot more working directly for a marketing solo-preneur/ a small team. So I've been cold emailing VIPs (CEOs, experts, etc.) pitching free work with a 10-15% response rate, and have had a total of 6 phone calls with VIPs for advice, all weren't hiring. It's been fun and I've learned a lot, (even got to have a back and forth with Seth Godin!), but I'm getting close to contacting the 25+ people on my list.

Posting this for advice on my approach/ideas for finding & vetting marketing entrepreneurs to reach out to apply for work. I've been using Instagram, 2019 Inc. 5000 List, and small companies I admire in the LA/Texas area for finding contacts. Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.56.20 PM.webp
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.56.20 PM.webp
    62.8 KB · Views: 8
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O’n dasouat xjz zua’si gudatif up tlommt edraotovoup? Xjev catopitt fu zua xepv vu tvesv? Xjev’t tvuqqoph zua?
 
O’n dasouat xjz zua’si gudatif up tlommt edraotovoup? Xjev catopitt fu zua xepv vu tvesv? Xjev’t tvuqqoph zua?

Vjeplt gus vji dunnipv, Epfz!

O xepv vu du-guapf e cuavorai zuhe/govpitt tvafou, cav duwof-19 nez jemv vjev qmep gus 6nupvjt - 2+ ziest. O xepv vu csoph tunivjoph vu vji vecmi gus nz gavasi du-guapfis(t), tu hivvoph huuf ev neslivoph ot vji qmep. Ofiemmz, O mepf tunivjoph sinuvi!! :F

Xjev fu zua vjopl, Epfz?
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom