The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Marketing, social media, advertising

William B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 29, 2018
Hi Everyone,

I hope you're all safe and well during these bizarre times.

I'm a soon-to-be college graduate in the Los Angeles area. After graduating I'll be staying in LA or moving to Austin, 5+ year business goal is to start a boutique yoga/fitness studio, but for now, I am focused on skill acquisition. I am working specifically on learning copywriting now, and studying psychology/general marketing on the side. I have a blog with some writing samples and a YouTube channel as side projects to practice what I'm learning.

I've applied to some marketing agencies/small companies I like, but really feel I'd learn a lot more working directly for a marketing solo-preneur/ a small team. So I've been cold emailing VIPs (CEOs, experts, etc.) pitching free work with a 10-15% response rate, and have had a total of 6 phone calls with VIPs for advice, all weren't hiring. It's been fun and I've learned a lot, (even got to have a back and forth with Seth Godin!), but I'm getting close to contacting the 25+ people on my list.

Posting this for advice on my approach/ideas for finding & vetting marketing entrepreneurs to reach out to apply for work. I've been using Instagram, 2019 Inc. 5000 List, and small companies I admire in the LA/Texas area for finding contacts. Any advice/input would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.56.20 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-03-27 at 11.56.20 PM.png
    449.2 KB · Views: 8

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I’m curious why you’re focused on skills acquisition? What business do you want to start? What’s stopping you?

William B

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
85%
Dec 29, 2018
I’m curious why you’re focused on skills acquisition? What business do you want to start? What’s stopping you?

Thanks for the comment, Andy!

I want to co-found a boutique yoga/fitness studio, but C0VlD-19 may halt that plan for 6months - 2+ years. I want to bring something to the table for my future co-founder(s), so getting good at marketing is the plan. Ideally, I land something remote!! :D

What do you think, Andy?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.