The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction- Omar Mo, finally prioritized this life

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Hello, fellow fast-laners. About 3/4 of the way through "The Millionaire Fastlane " and decided it was time to join this forum. Fantastic book thus far.
I am a beginner in my journey.

26 years old, hold a bachelors of science in Geology. Decided 6 months after graduating and working a corporate job, that I wanted to travel. I went halfway across the world to Australia and New Zealand and spent 2 years there. I had a life-changing time, and learned some much-needed lessons, found and lost love. I spent the entire 2 years as a side-walker. Somewhere down that journey, when I didn't even know if I could eat the next day, I realized what money really meant.
You see, I had a chip on my shoulder since I was 18, I had the determination and wanted to prove to myself I could do something.

Instead of focusing my effort on making money, however, I focused on getting girls. It worked, at 18 I was a fat virgin who got bullied, and at 26 I've been with over 100 women and a few meaningful relationships. But, I realized, all of that meant shit. I was with my last ex, and some days I didn't know what we were going to eat. We lived in a campervan, and most weeks couldn't go on tours or anything because we were broke.

Well, now I made a choice. I'm tired of living broke, and the 9 to 5 will never be for me. I want to make a difference in the world, and I want to be filthy F*cking rich. I've always had entrepreneurial traits in me as I'm great at sales and good with numbers. It's time I put them to good use. Since starting this book, I've done some retail arbitrage, and I've delved into the dropshipping world as I believe it will be a good intro to the online business world. I've also started 2 Instagram
theme pages as I'd like to leverage social media into something eventually.

Pros: Moved back in with my parents, free rent and food, and all the quiet time and space I need to work. I have 4$ to my name at the moment but just got a job that will at least bring some cash flow into my bank for the meantime. Also started a little tutoring business on the side, but my only client bailed on me so far, so once I get another 5$, another ad will go on craigslist with even better ad copy. Also started a dropshipping store and some retail arbitrage on the side (selling free stuff from craigslist. I have access to a car and free gas at the moment.

I'm in a great environment but horrible financial position at the moment.

Cons: Beginner to business, don't know code. In 20k debt. Broke.

I'm determined as F*ck, and I know I'll make it, its a matter of time. Just as how I was able to significantly better my dating life, I'll do the same with business.

I've got a question for all of you guys out there that seem to be much more experienced than I. My goal is to start a business that will enable me to work freely from my laptop. I'll be doing this for 8 hours a day coming back from work, and then 12 hours on the weekends until I can make it passive. What do you think are skills that are necessary to work from my laptop? Is coding/programming a must?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Welcome.
Check out a few gold threads. There are hundreds of ways to make money using the internet and a laptop. Coding is but one.
Make videos
Write articles, ads, blog posts, books, etc
Teach
etc. Coding id definitely one of the ways.

Ilya C

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jun 6, 2019
Hello and welcome!

>Is coding/programming a must?

As someone with an engineering degree, I don't think it's a must. There are online services that allow you to put up a website, a mailing list, and so on. It's enough to start something, and then you can hire a programmer.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Welcome to the forum.
Just curious: Are you based in Southern Hemisphere in Australia/NZ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

omarmo93

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
65%
Dec 11, 2019
Thank you guys for the advice and welcomes so far.

Welcome to the forum.
Just curious: Are you based in Southern Hemisphere in Australia/NZ?

No, I backpacked through Australia for a year, really spent 6 months in Sydney tbh. Did another year in New Zealand, and now I'm back in Texas, USA

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007