The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Introduction: "I haven't even begun to peak." - Dennis Reynolds, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia

Schmidty_222

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Feb 21, 2021
Hello MJ (if you read this) and everyone else!

It's a pleasure being a member of the forum, and I hope to be as useful to you all as you Will all be to me. MJ, thank you for your books. They will go down as two of the most important books I'll ever read, as they have completely shifted my mindset on achieving wealth and freedom. Without these books, I would have lived my life in the Slowlane...thinking that I was "crushing it."

Growing up, I saw my dad run his own construction business. Through some personnel issues and the 2008/9 crash, I've watched him struggle to stay afloat while working his a$$ off (to this day) digging his way out of his debts. I've never known anyone else who has started their own business. Up until a couple of years ago, I said that I would never, ever own a business because of what I've seen. Meanwhile, I went to college (per the script) and graduated with a degree I would never use. I enlisted in the Navy just to get a steady paycheck to pay the bills. I've been in the military now for, going on, 8 years and will be getting out this fall. After having every second of my life owned by someone else, the idea of owning my own time and telling someone to "F*ck off" if I wanted to sounds like heaven. When I get out of the Navy, I'll be 32. I have a beautiful wife and two beautiful daughters, the youngest turns 1 in a couple days. Everything I do is so that I can spend and give them as much time as possible.

Despite my experiences with "entrepreneurship," within the past couple of years, I've realized that entrepreneurship was calling. I've had crazy ideas, good ideas, and feasible ideas, but I've never acted on them. I realized that I was wasting my precious "free time" watching the likes of 'The Office' and just dreaming about winning the lottery. Prior to reading MJ's books, I did decided to make a change. I started reading more and building skills that might someday pay off. I took some online courses on Khan Academy and read all sorts of non-fiction books. But I lacked focus. I read/heard somewhere that luck favors the prepared. Just like shooting a shotgun into the clear blue sky has a chance of hitting a duck, I had a chance of "making it big." Then I happened upon "Unscripted " in a search for books on entrepreneurship. I will now be a millionaire, someday.

Just listening to the book and learning how to think like an entrepreneur triggered enough neuron explosions in this ol' brain for me to come up with an idea to dive into. I'm excited because I will learn a ton from the process. It is related to my dream business but it meets all parameters of the CENTS model and will act as my first business failure...worst case scenario. Best case scenario, I will own my time for the rest of forever. Either way, I'll be happy. My family is my passion, and I'm so excited to set the example for my daughters and future kids of how to live unscripted .

Since I first started listening to "Unscripted ," I have picked up my family from the airport after 8 weeks of being apart, come up with a business idea and bought rights to my first domain name, began learning to code my own website, bought an 'idea notebook,' and was forced to switch my sleep schedule from the dayshift to the nightshift in a 36 hour period, all while working at least 60 hours a week. And it's been the most exciting couple weeks of my life. Despite being 32 and getting out of the military, still paying off my bs student loans, I haven't even begun to peak.

Thank you everybody for reading. You'll be hearing from me again.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome @Schmidty_222 , great intro! So happy to hear you found value in the books.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...