The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Hello from Greece - Creation of a SaaS and marketing problem

Marketing, social media, advertising

Skroytz

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 6, 2020
Hello everyone,

First, thank you that you spent time reading this post. My english is not very good and i hope to understand the whole writing here.

I am Nondas from Greece and i am 28 years old. I have been in the personal improvement mode for about 3,5 years now. I have joined a community in my country that helps with mental, physcological, sexual, social , and wealth health. There i learned about the MJ books and about the wealth thing. The books inspired me a lot but they troubled me also about the mistakes or the actions that i have not been taken yet.

I have 5 ideas.
3 of them is about Saas, one is about a retail store that is online first, and the final is a blog.

So i have started to work the 1 Saas with 3 other friends and it is an application about a thing that here in Greece we consume a lot. I have organized the program and we are already 2 months of working on the code. We are 3 members and we are all developers.

I have a written in a whiteboard all the CENTS steps and i believe that the app is applicable to all of them. But i have a problem. This is a future problem. I do not know the right way about the marketing. I have read some posts here with many pages about marketing and it is a huge science. That means that you should spend a lot of time doing Google Ads, Facebook Ads, Instagram, email funneling etc., and other things and so many tactics that my mind blown.

My question is this. Do you have to do this yourself ? I mean i have no knowledge and time for this and i know that you have spent thousand of hours. I ask a friend and it told me that a marketing agency for about >1000 euros(1216.04$)/month can do a great job and they have the best marketers in Greece. I want to note that the minimum wage in greece is about 650 euros (790.43$)

This scares me a lot because i know marketing is a big weapon and should be done right. Is it wrong to ask someone else to do it for me ? When we have a MVP , i was thinking to hire a freelancer marketing to do the first job for less money, and when we start growing to go agency for better marketing.

A feedback or a thought about that will be extremely helpful especially from someone that had the same problem with me.

Thank you in advance :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Hey, so I'm not en expert on marketing, and it's difficult to know for me what exactly you need. But in general I think marketing is one of the biggest expenses for any business. So if it's possible I'd look that you do it yourself. It depends a little on your SaaS, but there are amazing free courses for every possible business.
I see two options, either somebody on your team starts focusing rather on sales and marketing instead of coding. Or you get another cofounder who will only focus on sales and marketing, he/she could also do all the administrative things or so. (I'd go with that, but that's just me) The advantage you have here is that you and your friends can focus 100% on coding while he/she takes care of the rest.

Other thing which I noticed, you have different business ideas lined up. Why only start with one? Yeah, it's important that you can focus all your time and energy on your current SaaS, but wouldn't it be better if you'd start your blog soon? It could be a good distraction from your coding. It takes long to build a good blog however you don't need to work 10 hours/day on a blog, one would be enough.

Skroytz

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 6, 2020
Hey, so I'm not en expert on marketing, and it's difficult to know for me what exactly you need. But in general I think marketing is one of the biggest expenses for any business. So if it's possible I'd look that you do it yourself. It depends a little on your SaaS, but there are amazing free courses for every possible business.
I see two options, either somebody on your team starts focusing rather on sales and marketing instead of coding. Or you get another cofounder who will only focus on sales and marketing, he/she could also do all the administrative things or so. (I'd go with that, but that's just me) The advantage you have here is that you and your friends can focus 100% on coding while he/she takes care of the rest.

Other thing which I noticed, you have different business ideas lined up. Why only start with one? Yeah, it's important that you can focus all your time and energy on your current SaaS, but wouldn't it be better if you'd start your blog soon? It could be a good distraction from your coding. It takes long to build a good blog however you don't need to work 10 hours/day on a blog, one would be enough.
Thank you for your support and answer. Yes this is a good idea to have another person to focus on the marketing. For sure i will se some courses and i will read again some threads from here that they give extremely value, for having a general idea about the subject.

I have started the blog already . It builts slowly but it is as you said. I work 1-2 houres on this and all the other time i study and focus on the coding part of the app.

Thank you for your input Kasimir :D

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
Thank you for your support and answer. Yes this is a good idea to have another person to focus on the marketing. For sure i will se some courses and i will read again some threads from here that they give extremely value, for having a general idea about the subject.

I have started the blog already . It builts slowly but it is as you said. I work 1-2 houres on this and all the other time i study and focus on the coding part of the app.

Thank you for your input Kasimir :D
That sounds great!
I think you are doing a great job, getting a little know-how about marketing is important, so you know if somebody is really an expert.
Let us know if you have more questions.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Skroytz

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Dec 6, 2020
That sounds great!
I think you are doing a great job, getting a little know-how about marketing is important, so you know if somebody is really an expert.
Let us know if you have more questions.
Appreciate it man :D

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.