• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

INTRO A massive HELLO from Greece!

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by bilkar1985, Sep 5, 2018.

Tags:
  1. bilkar1985

bilkar1985 Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $160
    Hello world, hello people!

I am very happy to be here with you! It is not the first time I visit these forums, but now I decided I should enter and stay (hope you don't mind hehe).

I read your posts and have to say I'm amazed! A special thanks to @mj, as without him, none of this would have been materialised. Also a big THANK YOU to all contributors all these years, as you also have a great share in this.

Although I want to write more about myself during the weekend, I will say 1-2 things about me, now that I am here and feel like..home!

My name is Vasilis (friends call me Bill, whatever you like) and I live in Greece. I am 33 years old, holder of 2 MScs' (yeah it sucks), married with one daughter and hopefully a boy on the way :):hilarious:.

The reason I joined these forums is that (as most of those who do join) I don't like the state I am in right now, financially speaking always. Although both of us (me and my wife) work FT, due to the current situation in Greece, it is hard to even save something for the hard times and put it on the side.

For years now I have tried almost everything: stocks, fx, even betting hehehe. The only thing I haven't tried yet is (what else?) to create job(s).

Although I read books about leadership, finance, even business and will continue reading until I close my eyes, I wanted to be part of this, a place where I can "chat" and exchange opinions with peple who are either sick of the rat race like me or have managed to built something and have gotten out of it.

One of my "failures" until this day is not only my "chickenness", but also not being able to find a mentor and someone I can trust, especially in these hard times for my country and the greek economy.

I thank you for your time.

Best Regards,
    Bill

2. Andrew J.

Andrew J. Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $467
    Welcome to the community my friend!

bilkar1985 likes this.
  3. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $336,921
    Admin Post
    Welcome aboard!

bilkar1985 likes this.
  4. bilkar1985

Rep Bank:
    $160
    Thank you, dear Andrew!

Andrew J. likes this.
  5. bilkar1985

Rep Bank:
    $160
    Aye Aye Captain MJ! :thumbsup::praise::smile2:

6. bilkar1985

Rep Bank:
    $160
    Just a quick one, as here in Greece it is Saturday 2:00am and as said, Friday and Saturday nights especially are an opportunity to relax and clear your mind reading a book.
    MJ, I have read many many many maaaaany books in my life (33 years)..1BSc, 2MScs, several "enhancement" seminars and reading lists, reading on my own, having read all Kiyosaki books, having read Stockmarket books, having read fx books, having read Felix Dennis (describes the lanes, especially how he got on the fastlane from the pavement, but in a more fairytalish style and it was a good read too I have to say)..now..you MJ are mindf*cking me right now in the middle of the night..I am reading "The Millionaire Fastlane" and it's like I built a world brick by brick and come down with your lavish bulldozer, flashing all kind of lights and tearing the little hut down, screaming and laughing DanBlizerian style..
    I have it all wrong..I knew something was not right..a voice within me screamed all these years and I just couldn't hear it..
    While I was a kid (age 9) I was on the right track (at least when questioned):
    Dad:Son, what do you want to be when you grow up?
    Me:I want to have money and not having to wake up early like you do.
    Dad:No, tell what do you really want to do?
    Me:I just did..
    And everyone thought I was crazy and lazy..that I didn't understand and couldn't see
    Went to (private) school, the time (age 15) comes to choose:
    Dad: Son, you are grown up, what do you want to do? Do you want to join the public sector and live an easy, less stressful life, safe and sound? Month comes, month goes out..PAYCHECK!
    Me: I don't want your paycheck. I want to have my business, be boss of my own and have others work for me..I want to have money and not having to wake up early like you do. I want to enjoy life. I want to play football and go skiing whenever I want to and not whenever someone allows me to.
    Dad: No, tell what do you really want to do?
    Me: I just did..
    Went to university and another uni (London) and another uni(Finance, Athens, Greece) and all this sh*t, and now at my job I have clients that are 5 years younger and drive Merc. GLAs.
    I have my boss aged 80, who won't let go, changes cars every 2-3 years and at the same time tells the staff that not only they can't get a raise (some of them are extremely poor), but that they are lucky to have a job, lucky to get paid minimum wage, lucky to be paid at all and lucky to get paid on time. He also tells them that sales were worse than last years':smile2: and that they will be lucky if they continue to work for him.
    The worst part is my boss "just" finished school in his youth and went to create his company and I work for him (or at least joined the business) in order to learn how to create wealth..turns out he minds his pockets and only his..money is power and power is money..I take orders from a douchebag remnant, who the only thing he does is giving orders. Quite everything I have said and proposed that would do good for the company, it turns out it was right 1-2 years later. He then takes it and tells everyone that it was his thoughts and ideas (it's his company after all).
    Oh yes, I got it wrong..time to get it right..

P.S.: mindf*ck won't stop..I bought also Unscripted the same day from Amazon :cool::rofl:

Last edited: Sep 14, 2018
    kkompoti likes this.