The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Greetings from Finland!

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
Hello all,

I am Samuli, a 20 years old Finnish guy studying in a university. Education in Finland is free why my upcoming bachelors & master's degree in human & economic geography won't be wasted resources or time. I see the next 5-6 years a perfect time to educate myself and work on my skills and business. I am taking minor studies from economics and business to prepare myself for creating my own fastlane business. In addition I am working on learning how to create websites, use wordpress, php, mysql and so on because I am planning to create my fastlane lifestyle from Internet.

Couple of years ago I completely reinvented myself. I used to be introvert, depressed and overweight until one day I decided to lose all the fat. THIS was the best decision of my life and will be explaining the reasons later. By learning the basics of nutrition & exercise I managed to lose 20 kg(42 lbs) in a year. I reached my goal but I wasn't satisfied. I started to seriously work out never missing a single workout and spending my time in the workouts in the most ideal way... in the next two years I managed to gain back 15 kg(33 lbs) of weight... but this time in muscle while keeping a decent body fat levels(visible abs ~12%). While my journey of fitness I learned the importance and reality of PROCESS. I realized that there is always a process to everything, whether it is physical or mental.

While learning the reality of process I started to look at my life from other perspectives and realized that I wasn't satisfied with my life relationships or financial wise. I was an introvert hence I started to socialize way more and learn how to interact with girls & men. Eventually started to get make outs and lays which I never had before in my life. I consider myself still a rookie here but I am improving all the time! Then started to tackle the financial part of my life: and this is where the fastlane process started to step in my life. I read the DeMarco's book(among other many good books as well) which was awesome and started to think more like a producer.

And this is where I am today. Still working out hard(I love it, I have got in great shape in just couple of years. And I am not satisfied with just aesthetics - I am more strength focused why I work more on strongman & gymnastics), improving my social skills and working on my business knowledge. I really don't want to have a 9-5 job. I have been in Finnish military, worked a whole Summer as a lumberjack and worked on jobs which are tedious and boring. I don't want that but I am glad I had those experiences because I value the fastlane way more now. I want a nice house(without mortgage) with my own personal gym, enough money to sustain myself and travel abroad for 1-2 months per year while working only couple of hours a week. I want to train and motivate people but NOT BE FINANCIALLY DEPENDENT ON IT. I want to be the strongest, the most flexible and fittest guy of my country.

I already have many different business ideas. It is all about impacting the people and satisfying the need. I am working on one map software with my close friend who is a computer programmer(I need his expertise) and this would make the life of hundreds of thousands Finns a lot easier without any significant risks. If this fails, it is not bad, I work on something else then. Failure is nothing but you still have to give your all effort.

I am excited and happy. Nice to meet you all!

Samuli

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Big Daddyhoo

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
59%
Oct 21, 2012
Welcome!

Cool introduction. Suomi perkele!

travel abroad for 1-2 months per year while working only couple of hours a week
I once said something like that to a student counsellor and she looked at me like I was crazy. :cool:

May you have such success they have to invent a new tax rate.

pdog

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
37%
Oct 22, 2012
Kelowna, BC
Terve Samuli!

(Vaimoni on suomalainen).

Probably the longest Finnish post by a Canadian, on this forum :)

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
Thank you and nice to meet you all :)

Now is time to keep lurking even more and move closer reaching my dreams...

andviv

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Jul 27, 2007
Washington DC
Welcome to the forum. Great intro.

I don't know anything about the economy in Finland. The rich people there, what do they do for a living? What are the industries that you see are creating new rich in your country?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
Ah, Finland: the home of beautiful women, great metal music, and... oh wait, that's Sweden.

Just kidding :D

Welcome to the forum!

Samuli

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 29, 2012
@Andviv & TheJ

Thank you :)

Welcome to the forum. Great intro.

I don't know anything about the economy in Finland. The rich people there, what do they do for a living? What are the industries that you see are creating new rich in your country?

I did some research and even though there aren't that much rich people in Finland compared to many other countries, some of the latest millionaires have earned their money from either gaming/software, sports, music and poker, or have some way inherited a decent amount of money... but anyhow I cannot find any "trends" except the gaming/software.

I am quite familiar with the gaming/software industry because I used to manage a small hobby-based software group. We had a decent website, multiple products and everything(even fans :D), managed to sell my first product ever at that time. I sold the rights of this game for some pocket cash when I was in senior high school(4 years ago): Oddro. The price wasn't much but I didn't know how to market the game + didn't see that much potential in it. It was just one of our many games but everything from graphics to gameplay was made by me in that case(that wasn't always the case).

Nevertheless, at some point I am aiming to tackle the web-industry with both international/national websites with very little risks but high possible income. Also, the mobile gaming might be a good shot because you can almost instantly become a fastlane success story AS LONG AS I can manage to make a hit product... I haven't programmed in years but I still got it + I think I have only got better with many other related attributes ;).

I am also very interested in and very familiar with the fitness(both training and nutrition) industry which I also might consider as one of the ways to make money. I think I can stand out very well in the Finnish fitness industry by my skills: I have been training and researching the subject as a hobby/passion for the last two years very enthusiastically and I am only a few months far from completing a solid one arm chin-up along with many other impressive feats. My training philosophy works, and there aren't too many really strong & professional fitness "gurus" in Finland.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...