The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Dealing with ungratitudeness

Anything related to matters of the mind

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
Not sure whether "ungratitudeness" is even a word but I've been dealing with this more and more nowadays.

A little background: I just turned 20 this month but I've been hustling and selling online since I was around 13 years old. I began with eBay dropshipping and slowly worked my way to other things.

Late 2017 (October), I launched my 3rd Shopify ecommerce store which was a success - it made around $450k in sales 2018 but profit was pretty low (5%-10%) because I was still learning how to use Facebook Ads. Since January of 2019, it has made an extra $150k (profit 15%+) and I've branded it. This means the website has a blog, e-mailing is done with quality content, packages are customized with store's logo and special thank you card, and some branded photos for products.

Because of this business, I'm not a Youtuber (almost 3k subs) and have many students who I mentor/consult. Now lets come to the gratitude part.

Despite all of these things going on for me at such a young age, I still feel like I'm not accomplishing anything because my business does not yield expected profits each month (bulk in few months), since it's a niche store. I feel as if I have no real goal in mind and I'm not really working towards anything.

I'm spending this time reading as much as I can to learn but after I read the Millionaire Fast lane, I feel as if I'm part of the slow lane process. I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong or whether I'm on the right path but just overthinking things.

Thank you for your tips in advance.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I think you should be proud of yourself, you've accomplished quite a lot at a young age.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
For whatever its worth, stop being so hard on yourself. You've accomplished a ton and learned valuable lessons that will take you on to even greater things. Read TMF and UNSCRIPTED . It may help you find some focus, or at least set the juices back in motion.

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
I think you should be proud of yourself, you've accomplished quite a lot at a young age.
Your comment really means a lot to me MJ because I was that kid you once were looking in awe at that Lamborghini.

I'm trying everything I can to get to the stage of owning one as its my ultimate dream. Thank you for the amazing book.

Shri Kanase

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Feb 19, 2019
For whatever its worth, stop being so hard on yourself. You've accomplished a ton and learned valuable lessons that will take you on to even greater things. Read TMF and UNSCRIPTED . It may help you find some focus, or at least set the juices back in motion.
I've read TMF but need to read Unscripted . Social media has really altered the scene of success for me because I have see many of these young kids my age flaunting in front of a Lambo and it makes me feel left behind.

LuckyPup

Opportunity + Preparation = Success
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Aug 2, 2012
Midwest USA
Not sure whether "ungratitudeness" is even a word but I've been dealing with this more and more nowadays.

A little background: I just turned 20 this month but I've been hustling and selling online since I was around 13 years old. I began with eBay dropshipping and slowly worked my way to other things.

Late 2017 (October), I launched my 3rd Shopify ecommerce store which was a success - it made around $450k in sales 2018 but profit was pretty low (5%-10%) because I was still learning how to use Facebook Ads. Since January of 2019, it has made an extra $150k (profit 15%+) and I've branded it. This means the website has a blog, e-mailing is done with quality content, packages are customized with store's logo and special thank you card, and some branded photos for products.

Because of this business, I'm not a Youtuber (almost 3k subs) and have many students who I mentor/consult. Now lets come to the gratitude part.

Despite all of these things going on for me at such a young age, I still feel like I'm not accomplishing anything because my business does not yield expected profits each month (bulk in few months), since it's a niche store. I feel as if I have no real goal in mind and I'm not really working towards anything.

I'm spending this time reading as much as I can to learn but after I read the Millionaire Fast lane, I feel as if I'm part of the slow lane process. I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong or whether I'm on the right path but just overthinking things.

Thank you for your tips in advance.
The word you're looking for is "ingratitude," but I don't think it applies - you're crushing it! Keep it up!

Bryaninbangkok

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
167%
Feb 4, 2018
Bangkok
As you get close to your goals, you get higher goals, its never ending, for that reason I wouldn't get a lambo because it slows down bigger goals. But at some point when it becomes pocket change, its time to buy one.

B. Cole

In thine hand is power and might.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
328%
Mar 5, 2017
East Coast
I've read TMF but need to read Unscripted . Social media has really altered the scene of success for me because I have see many of these young kids my age flaunting in front of a Lambo and it makes me feel left behind.

On social media, you’re mostly seeing the marketing efforts of their very short lived spike and over-extended credit. Look at them and yearn. Let it stoke your rage against not being there yourself, and convert that rage into action. Yearning is the fuel that keeps an entrepreneur in motion. Without it, complacency will find you, and have you sitting at your funeral decades before you die.

Embrace this forum as a mentor, network and keep building. The bitter taste of enslavement won’t even be a significant span of time for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.