• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 50,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Dealing with ungratitudeness

Discussion in 'General Mindset, Motivation, Beliefs' started by Shri Kanase, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Shri Kanase

Shri Kanase Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $162
    Not sure whether "ungratitudeness" is even a word but I've been dealing with this more and more nowadays.

A little background: I just turned 20 this month but I've been hustling and selling online since I was around 13 years old. I began with eBay dropshipping and slowly worked my way to other things.

Late 2017 (October), I launched my 3rd Shopify ecommerce store which was a success - it made around $450k in sales 2018 but profit was pretty low (5%-10%) because I was still learning how to use Facebook Ads. Since January of 2019, it has made an extra $150k (profit 15%+) and I've branded it. This means the website has a blog, e-mailing is done with quality content, packages are customized with store's logo and special thank you card, and some branded photos for products.

Because of this business, I'm not a Youtuber (almost 3k subs) and have many students who I mentor/consult. Now lets come to the gratitude part.

Despite all of these things going on for me at such a young age, I still feel like I'm not accomplishing anything because my business does not yield expected profits each month (bulk in few months), since it's a niche store. I feel as if I have no real goal in mind and I'm not really working towards anything.

I'm spending this time reading as much as I can to learn but after I read the Millionaire Fast lane, I feel as if I'm part of the slow lane process. I'm just not sure where I'm going wrong or whether I'm on the right path but just overthinking things.

Thank you for your tips in advance.

Jello, Shashwat, Roz and 2 others like this.
  2. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $404,536
    Admin Post
    I think you should be proud of yourself, you've accomplished quite a lot at a young age.

Jello, Shashwat and Shri Kanase like this.
  3. Ernman

Ernman Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,361
    For whatever its worth, stop being so hard on yourself. You've accomplished a ton and learned valuable lessons that will take you on to even greater things. Read TMF and UNSCRIPTED. It may help you find some focus, or at least set the juices back in motion.

Jello and Shri Kanase like this.
  4. Shri Kanase

Rep Bank:
    $162
    Your comment really means a lot to me MJ because I was that kid you once were looking in awe at that Lamborghini.

I'm trying everything I can to get to the stage of owning one as its my ultimate dream. Thank you for the amazing book.

Shashwat likes this.
  5. Shri Kanase

Rep Bank:
    $162
    I've read TMF but need to read Unscripted. Social media has really altered the scene of success for me because I have see many of these young kids my age flaunting in front of a Lambo and it makes me feel left behind.

6. LuckyPup

LuckyPup Done Dicking Around Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,981
    The word you're looking for is "ingratitude," but I don't think it applies - you're crushing it! Keep it up!

Shri Kanase likes this.
  7. Bryaninbangkok

Bryaninbangkok Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $157
    As you get close to your goals, you get higher goals, its never ending, for that reason I wouldn't get a lambo because it slows down bigger goals. But at some point when it becomes pocket change, its time to buy one.

Shri Kanase and Ernman like this.
  8. B. Cole

B. Cole In thine hand is power and might. Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,413
    On social media, you’re mostly seeing the marketing efforts of their very short lived spike and over-extended credit. Look at them and yearn. Let it stoke your rage against not being there yourself, and convert that rage into action. Yearning is the fuel that keeps an entrepreneur in motion. Without it, complacency will find you, and have you sitting at your funeral decades before you die.

Embrace this forum as a mentor, network and keep building. The bitter taste of enslavement won’t even be a significant span of time for you.

Shri Kanase and Ernman like this.

Join 1000s of entrepreneurs who are rewriting life's script and winning financial freedom.

---- ----

You must be a member to join the conversation.

Create Account

Join the community fast and easy!

REGISTER

Already have an account? Login here.