The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Guru

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Apr 6, 2014
So when I first saw this thread a few years back I thought i would listen to a view of his interviews on youtube, etc. And I have.
I like Tai.
BUT, I also dislike Tai.

Watching the youtube videos where he is interviewed they are all pretty much the same... he answers every question by quoting a book. He never gives his answer, or what he really thinks.
any time he is pressed for an answer, he brings up a quote, or another book.

actually it's a bit annoying. It's like a guy that is all fluff, no substance. I don't know if he is "to cool for school" and that's the persona he's trying to show case in these videos, but I find it hard to connect with him Versus someone like Joe Rogan.

Of course, they are different personalities... but Joe Rogan does the long form interviews, but you really get his OWN PERSONAL opinion, and not some rehashed, reworded, quote from a book that Joe Rogan brags that he read.

I agree with Tai that books are good, and I like his over all larger message, and image, and I give him credit for that. The videos he does on his own, they are not to bad, and I think there is a lot of things/ideas/knowledge you can skim from it, and a LOT you can learn.

so there is good and bad.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Litoid

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Jan 31, 2019
...If I were an aspiring entrepreneur I would pay some serious attention to what he has to say because to be where he is now from where he came from is pretty damn miraculous....I've narrowed down the list of people I gather information from to a very select few and he's one of them.

Haters gonna hate, and if this is a forum to add value and not complaining, i'll add my cents in this post.

We have to be picky to whom we listen to, and there are a lot of guru out there selling how to do stuff and profit from it without actually doing what they advice.

Tai is different, he builds programs to teach people about different methods of making money. From real state, to starting your own social media managent agency, etc. He finds people who really knows how it is done to teach for him. Creates a digital course, adds it in his platform, massive market it and profit. Each course goes around $500, i bought one about Bitcoin and the information is quality. He doesn't teach, he pays other people to teach you. He learns from these people, and shares the knowledge with you.

And if you like marketing, you have to get in his list and check his copy writing. It's a master piece. He is everywhere, has a massive email list. When i see a guy like this, i focus on what i can learn and not what i can hate.

If you learn something from him, follow him. If you think it's a waste of time, don't even think about him, or post about it somewhere.

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.

Look at this video for TJF, you'll get it quickly :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbIMJCbmQMk

So, possibly nothing to do with reading

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
Who is better Jake Paul Or Tai Lopez ? Did Jake Paul make his money from monetization only and now speaking gigs?

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Singapore
The secret for these business theme influncer is to have a like-able personality.

I didn’t say that. The conclusion came from Li XiaoLai, who is a bitcoin billionaire who also sell “business knowledge”as part of his side business.

I am not against a business coach having limited success in the real business world before they turned into coaching. As long as they have the experience of getting their hands dirty and drawing meaningful conclusion for their experience and observations.

I actually watch less English speaking business contents these days and focus on the Chinese language based content these days. I get tired watching English speaking guru recycling the old content of Robert Kiyosaki, Tony Robbins and Grant Cardone...

EntrepreneurM99

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
150%
Jan 1, 2020
Look at this video for TJF, you'll get it quickly :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbIMJCbmQMk

So, possibly nothing to do with reading

I was just about to post this. He makes $70M a year from courses alone I think.

Crazy.

I always thought he only made like $10M a year or something max. But damn.

Shows you the power of a Personal Brand + Scale + Diversification.

But really just the power of Personal Brand.

I think he literally just partners with Experts and promotes a course that he made with them.

He has the reach. They have the expertise.

Crazy.

Love him or hate him, I have to admit he has an incredible business model.

alord

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Jun 8, 2019
Tai had some excellent advice/thoughts in-between all the info he gives to entertain his young and distractable audience...

He introduced me to stoicism with his book summary of "On Shortness of Life," and some of his interviews like the one with Ferritta are pure gold.

Really interesting also how he gradually climbed up from affiliate marketer, to his own products/services, to actually buying distressed brands/assets like Dressbarn.

He did achieve a lot, but as for anyone else, I believe it's good to learn what you can and forget all the rest with objectivity. He isn't a "guru" that haven't done the stuff he talks about thought, besides his flashy style that screams scam.

ravenspear

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
207%
Jul 25, 2016
Regardless if you like Tai Lopez or not, I would kill to have him promote my business online or get a shout out. Tai IS a master of marketing. We can't stop talking about him, which is indirectly putting money into his bank account. The attention economy is very real and we can all learn from him.
LMAO Don Lapre, what a character. Kind of like Roy Batty, he burned twice as hot but half as long.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Interesting that I rarely hear about this guy nowadays.

Does he still do those wacky videos?

Is he retired and living on an island in the Pacific?

MitchC

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Mar 8, 2014
Australia

Actually you probably haven’t heard from him because he’s absolutely killing it, he’s proven himself to be an incredible, legit businessman.

He owns a heap of farms which he runs the old school organic way, some even armish style.

He bought a bunch of huge companies at fire sale prices during covid and has pivoted them into massive ecommerce companies.

He’s really proven himself to always be 1 step ahead of the curve.

He made his money working at an investment or insurance company or something, he was running google ads to an ebook as lead gen before anyone was running ads so it was cheap. He became their top salesman.

Then he worked out the long form youtube to courses ad formula and milked that to become a household name.

Then he ran ads on YouTube looking for a credited investors when the laws changed there.

Then during covid he took the investors he’d lined up with those ads money and bought the businesses struggling during covid at fire sale prices, using the money as debt not equity so now he owns the whole company.

The way he tells this story is pretty impressive, he said he saw a window to get them cheap and pivot them to ecom and took it, with a lot of hard work and hustle to even find the deals and get them. He said he got I think 4 or 5 and basically that window was gone after a couple of months.

Somewhere along the way he started buying farms and selling the organic meat as a subscription box.

He has an amazing interview on the my first million podcast where he talks about his whole entrepreneurial journey and what he’s doing now.

I don’t follow him that closely but that interview he gave was great, I gained a lot of respect for him as a businessman.

I mean love him or hate him he says the way the google reps were talking he thinks he was googles highest spending as buyer at his peak so that’s got to be worth something.

Last edited:

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021

Honestly, I always saw him as one of those Fake Gurus, Paradox of Practice nonsense. I really don't know how he is making so much money, if he is.

mguerra

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
124%
Mar 23, 2015
Actually you probably haven’t heard from him because he’s absolutely killing it, he’s proven himself to be an incredible, legit businessman.

He owns a heap of farms which he runs the old school organic way, some even armish style.

He bought a bunch of huge companies at fire sale prices during covid and has pivoted them into massive ecommerce companies.

He made his money working at an investment or insurance company or something, he was running google ads to an ebook as lead gen before anyone was running ads so it was cheap. He became their top salesman.

Then he worked out the long form youtube to courses ad formula and milked that to become a household name.

Then he ran ads on YouTube looking for a credited investors when the laws changed there.

Then during covid he took the investors he’d lined up with those ads money and bought the businesses struggling during covid at fire sale prices, using the money as debt not equity so now he owns the whole company.

The way he tells this story is pretty impressive, he said he saw a window to get them cheap and pivot them to ecom and took it, with a lot of hard work and hustle to even find the deals and get them. He said he got I think 4 or 5 and basically that window was gone after a couple of months.

Somewhere along the way he started buying farms and selling the organic meat as a subscription box.

He has an amazing interview on the my first million podcast where he talks about his whole entrepreneurial journey and what he’s doing now.

I don’t follow him that closely but that interview he gave was great, I gained a lot of respect for him as a businessman.

I mean love him or hate him he says the way the google reps were talking he thinks he was googles highest spending as buyer at his peak so that’s got to be worth something.
Wow... That gave me a whole new perspective and respect for Tai Lopez. I didn't know 30% of that.

I'll certainly watch this interview you referred to.

Thanks for sharing!

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018

Thanks for this.

I am so anchored to my dislike for his ridiculously fake “I read 100 books a day by looking at the cover” video ads. My brain doesn’t let me make the jump from there to “he’s now a legit businessman”.

Years back, I had a friend who just about went bankrupt after following Tai and a bunch of those “the secret” idiots. He and his wife swore by these people. Took their lifesavings and opened an off brand perfume refills “business” at the local mall. I tried to help him back then by asking questions “how can you test the market before committing to it large sums of money?” “How do people typically buy perfume and why?” He didn’t listen and after half a year of losses, had to shut down.

I’ve had other people follow these “gurus” and fail. And somehow I lumped Tai Lopez into that charlatan category. So it’s almost like I’m learning about myself when I read your post. I trust you to be honest and right and yet I have such a hard time changing my mind on Tai. It says more about me than him … psychology - interesting.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for this.

I am so anchored to my dislike for his ridiculously fake “I read 100 books a day by looking at the cover” video ads. My brain doesn’t let me make the jump from there to “he’s now a legit businessman”.

Years back, I had a friend who just about went bankrupt after following Tai and a bunch of those “the secret” idiots. He and his wife swore by these people. Took their lifesavings and opened an off brand perfume refills “business” at the local mall. I tried to help him back then by asking questions “how can you test the market before committing to it large sums of money?” “How do people typically buy perfume and why?” He didn’t listen and after half a year of losses, had to shut down.

I’ve had other people follow these “gurus” and fail. And somehow I lumped Tai Lopez into that charlatan category. So it’s almost like I’m learning about myself when I read your post. I trust you to be honest and right and yet I have such a hard time changing my mind on Tai. It says more about me than him … psychology - interesting.
I subscribe to “How you do anything is how you do everything.”

Sure, he might be wealthy, but seemed to get there preying on those who wouldn’t know better.

Maybe he’s now using that money to invest in more legit business ventures. I’ve no interest in finding out though and will still avoid him like the plague.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
I subscribe to “How you do anything is how you do everything.”

Sure, he might be wealthy, but seemed to get there preying on those who wouldn’t know better.

Maybe he’s now using that money to invest in more legit business ventures. I’ve no interest in finding out though and will still avoid him like the plague.

Business success doesn't mean being a good person.

Not talking about the guy as I don't know anything about him. Just pointing out that being an incredible businessman doesn't make you an incredible human being.

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
453%
Mar 15, 2018
Business success doesn't mean being a good person.

Not talking about the guy as I don't know anything about him. Just pointing out that being an incredible businessman doesn't make you an incredible human being.

I guess it depends on how you define "incredible businessman".

Business success is not the same as "making money". Meaning that I do not consider a crook stealing successfully from the poor old retirees on the latest phone scam a "business success", while it is profitable. Same goes for the ransomware and other ways that people make money and become wealthier. To me, these are what I would call "bottom feeders", not a business success.

Just because you found a way to enrich yourself, doesn't make you a businessman.

But to be an "incredible businessman", in my own (completely irrelevant to the world) definition - requires you to do something that people not only value, but benefit from. I want you to buy my product because you see it as the best alternative to whatever else you could have spent your money on. Great businessmen create jobs and add to the overall economic productivity. Invent good things that didn't exist before that make our humans' lives a touch more convenient, or longer, or both. At least that's how I view it. It's not just about making money. Money typically follows as a byproduct.

Again, I too don't know Tai Lopez, but the few things I saw of him (and my friend's misplaced praise to him) years ago formed my opinion to be negative.

In conclusion, I think that an "incredible businessman" can and should be a good person and do good for other people.

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
Thank God.

So. It appears you admire him.

To those interested, here's the podcast @MitchC talked about:

#103 with Tai Lopez - Tai Lopez Opens Up About His Past and Addresses Critics

Really insightful and made me grow a whole new set of eyes to this guy and to the world.

Definitely worth watching.
No.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021
Thank God.

So. It appears you admire him.

No.
I've always felt that Tai Lopez talks 'truth' about absolutely nothing .... lol. But he also seems to make money. I also see him interviewing top successful people, it makes me wonder.
Freaking confusing.

ApeRunner

Very Fast on a Bike
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
May 16, 2014
Cozumel
I've always felt that Tai Lopez talks 'truth' about absolutely nothing .... lol. But he also seems to make money. I also see him interviewing top successful people, it makes me wonder.
Freaking confusing.
I think he's like a snake.

D

Deleted88861

Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.
Speaking as somebody who was heavily invested in the self help and guru industry, as a former consumer - Tai literally sells courses that teach people how to go on and sell their own courses. Lol. Grade A scam artist, he didn't even deny it when he was called out from the audience during a conference. Gurus like Tai Lopez, Iman Gadzhi, Cardone, Dan Lok etc target very specific audiences that usually consist of young and or vulnerable people struggling either financially, mentally, or both in life and looking for solutions, usually on the quicker side of things. The movie Wolf of Wall Street amplified the amount of people looking to get rich easily, but it's quite crazy as they don't realise that they are idolising a former criminal (and probably soon-to-be again after the release of his latest program on NFT's with mad man Brian Rose). One takeaway you may get from them is how to be more purposeful in what you are going after, but that comes with many costs such as dragging down your loved ones, losing relationships (usually they twist the narrative of setting boundaries between you and your mates and basically tell you to completely cut them off along with any unsupportive family members, so these gurus can get you even more invested and so that you are not able to hear advice from others that may turn out to be useful and rational and threatning to them). And ultimately you will realise that you were chasing the wrong idea altogether when it doesn't work out.

David Fitz

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jan 30, 2020
Ireland
There was an interview from Pejman Ghadimi on Secret Entourage with Tai Lopez. I think he deleted it after a while because Tai couldn't answer any of the questions straight. I'd put him in the same category as Dan Lok, Sam Ovens

Bearcorp

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
237%
Jul 2, 2012
Australia
He recently acquired bodybuilding.com to add to his stable of companies.

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
195%
Feb 11, 2019
I mean the guy went from selling BS* courses to owning dozens of multi-million companies, massive farming lands, etc. in less than a decade.

Sure, he may have taken "fake it till ya make it" quite far at the start, but, currently, he's very near the definition of GOAT in the field of marketing, online businesses, etc.

You may not like him as a person but you've got to respect how quickly he grew and continues to grow.

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021
Speaking as somebody who was heavily invested in the self help and guru industry, as a former consumer - Tai literally sells courses that teach people how to go on and sell their own courses. Lol. Grade A scam artist, he didn't even deny it when he was called out from the audience during a conference. Gurus like Tai Lopez, Iman Gadzhi, Cardone, Dan Lok etc target very specific audiences that usually consist of young and or vulnerable people struggling either financially, mentally, or both in life and looking for solutions, usually on the quicker side of things. The movie Wolf of Wall Street amplified the amount of people looking to get rich easily, but it's quite crazy as they don't realise that they are idolising a former criminal (and probably soon-to-be again after the release of his latest program on NFT's with mad man Brian Rose). One takeaway you may get from them is how to be more purposeful in what you are going after, but that comes with many costs such as dragging down your loved ones, losing relationships (usually they twist the narrative of setting boundaries between you and your mates and basically tell you to completely cut them off along with any unsupportive family members, so these gurus can get you even more invested and so that you are not able to hear advice from others that may turn out to be useful and rational and threatning to them). And ultimately you will realise that you were chasing the wrong idea altogether when it doesn't work out.
Something that baffles me is how the hell do they get interviews with successful entrepreneurs and moguls?
ie. Tai interviews Mark Cuban, etc etc.

RussRussman18

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
120%
Jul 8, 2016
Louisiana
Something that baffles me is how the hell do they get interviews with successful entrepreneurs and moguls?
ie. Tai interviews Mark Cuban, etc etc.
A lot of them want the publicity just as bad as the fake gurus do

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
This guy is rich being a businessman from his early days!
This Man is a hustler and money-maker!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.