• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

FORUM SEARCH

Get answers about starting a business from real entrepreneurs. Powered by Google.

My new project is to summarize Tai Lopez's 67 steps. Here are the first two lessons revealed.

Discussion in 'The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Mind' started by InstantNoodles, Jan 26, 2017.

1. InstantNoodles

InstantNoodles Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $222
    Earlier today I came up with this "great idea" to summarize Tai Lopez's 67 steps (which cost $67.) Many people hate him for his shameless self-promotion on Youtube (many of you have seen ads with his lamborghini and mansions).

This is surprisingly hard work. Each of his lessons are an hour long and is basically him rambling. I'm distilling them into a few paragraphs.

I'm basically doing this to find "gems". I'm sure there are some things that matter.

So far, I'm sure you could say it's common sense (like most of self help). I think there's a "guru" factor involved. Basically if you admire a "guru" and he/she tells you to do something, you're more willing to believe it and have it affect your life.

The Billionaire’s Brain and Jennifer Lopez’s Voice

Tai says this is a core foundational lesson and impossible to reverse if you get it wrong. It is summarized by a quote form billionaire investor and Warren Buffet’s business partner Charlie Munger:

“To get what you want, you have to deserve what you want. The world is not yet a crazy enough place to reward a whole bunch of undeserving people.”

World acts according to rules, like physics. The world is more fair than the media lets you know.

He then brings up a quote from Warren Buffet. To paraphrase, imagine a genie takes you to your high school graduation and says you can choose someone and get 10% of the money they make for the rest of their life. Who would you choose? The valedictorian? The captain of the football team? Would you choose yourself?

There is no guaranteed way to know. There are a lot of intangibles, which is what the 67 steps will get into.

Awareness is important. According to a research study, the best way to know if a 2-3 year old is “exceptional gifted” is if he or she makes observations that no one else notices. It’s the best indicator of future potential.

Jennifer Lopez’s voice not very good but she’s a renowned entertainer. She is savvy at managing PR, her team, etc. It balances out and she deserves success.

MY THOUGHTS: Excellent quote from Charlie Munger. I greatly admire Munger so this saying really resonates with me.

Interesting intellectual exercise from Buffet as well. Would I choose myself? Hard to say.

Blue footed booby birds , ESS and the 500 year old mind.

This lesson can best be summarized by a quote from the scientist Charles Darwin.

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, but rather, that which is most adaptable to change. Society says strength and IQ is most important to success, however adaptability is far more important. Tai says that most of us are hardwired to not be successful. This can be applied to life in many ways, how many of us have stayed in a relationship too long. To adapt, you need to be able to read external stimulus (awareness) and project into the future. Don’t waste years of your life expecting something you should have changed and adapted much quicker.

I wasn’t sure what he meant by the 500 year old mind. But it is someone who takes things too personally. Be moderate in your reactions.

Psychologically, don’t view things as black and white. It’s not failure, it’s experimentation. Don’t judge yourself too much. Be an adaptability machine. There are many business success stories where failures have pivoted into successes (such as instagram). Failure is in fact learning. Life is a series of experiments.

ESS stands for evolutionary stable strategy. You should be able to adapt a stable strategy that is able to repel an invasion. You need to cut deals with yourself and other dynamics. If there is disagreement between partners, try to resolve it early on and strike a new ESS.

MY THOUGHTS: Very good point about adaptability being the most important trait. Too much is made of IQ in our society.

Please comment freely. If I don't feel the project is worth it I'm not going to continue it. This is extremely time consuming. If this post doesn't get a good response there's a good chance I'll quit lol

2. Envision

Envision Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $18,084
    1. This doesnt make you money.

2. It dilutes the value of his course that you're supposed to pay for. Im not a fan of the course but its another thing to pull the lessons and give them out to the public for free without permission.

PTP, craig1928, Raoul Duke and 8 others like this.
  3. InstantNoodles

Rep Bank:
    $222
    Feedback noted.

My response is that part of it is to motivate me to get through the 67 steps. Also there are plenty of summaries available for books, and these actually increase the sales of the material

Andy Black likes this.
  4. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,067
    I don't know how I feel about this.

I know he is controversial, but that doesn't give you the right to give our the "nuggets" of his course for free...

5. InstantNoodles

Rep Bank:
    $222
    Check out blinkist.com. They do the same for books.

6. Fox

Fox Moderator Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $61,511
    Can someone summarize this thread into 10 steps when its done? o_O

Cool quotes but I see zero action here. This is straight action faking of the highest order. I know you mean well but you are summarizing a get quick rich scheme so its ever easier to read. Meanwhile the action guys on this forum are uploading products, making calls, building services and busting their ass.

How many steps left till you actually do something?

7. Waspy

Waspy Float like a butterfly Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $7,067
    Cool. I'm not sure how I feel about that either.

UnrealCreative likes this.
  8. rollerskates

rollerskates Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $3,574
    Tai's secrets are safe, OP was a bit rambling. <---I think I spend way too much time with too many women because I feel mean saying that. :jawdrop:

9. Amon

Amon Bronze Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,010
    The focus isn't on the safety of tai and his secrets - the focus is to make op stop rambling about them and focus that energy on building

million$$$smile and Andy Black like this.
  10. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $167,153
    There was a day when I couldn't imagine anything worse than paying to sit through hours of videos from a guy selling a lifestyle image to a bunch of dupes.

Then your thread came along.

After you transcribe 200 hours of videos, you'll be no closer to freedom than you are at this very moment.

In life, there are producers and consumers. Which do you imagine spends dozens to hundreds of hours watching, note taking, summarizing and republishing someone else's purchased course on how to get rich?

Do yourself a favor. Skip the circle jerk action fake and just send him some more money. There's your short cut.

11. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $149,860
    You couldn't pay me to watch his stuff. You literally couldn't pay me.

million$$$smile, GSF and G-Man like this.
  12. GMSI7D

GMSI7D Gold Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,773
    anyway, since i am learning english, it doesnt matter whether i watch tai lopez or tony robbins or anybody

at the end of the day , i have more english in my ears

the first thing you have to learn is to not give a damn about what people think. you get the feedback. it is ok

but only you can decide what is right with your life

most inventors have always be treated like idiots by someone along the road anyway

13. Vigilante

Vigilante Legendary Contributor Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $167,153
    Everybody has a number.

14. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $149,860
    Ha. Maybe so, maybe so.

I wouldn't get that time back though, and I'd have to somehow get all that cr@p out of my head too.

15. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $149,860
    OP. How much do you value your time? Have you put a figure on your hourly rate?

If you're working a job already, then maybe you already have some figure for your hourly rate.

If you're on an annual salary, then strip off the zeros and divide by two. (50 weeks at 40 hours a week is 2,000 hours a year. You're on $50,000 per annum? Then you're hourly rate in that job is about $25/hr.)

This is conservative, because you commute.

This is conservative because not all hours are equal. Dull, mind-numbing, repetitive work is worth less than strategic thinking ON your business/project/direction.

I think you could EASILY multiply your "official" hourly rate by 10 to arrive at an hourly rate for your best work.

So $50k/year = $25/hr on average = $250/hr for your very best hours.

So you're going to spend 67 of your very best thinking hours on this project.

How much is that time worth?

If I estimate my time to be worth $100/hr, then it costs me $6,700 to go through 67 hours of someone else's rambling.

If I estimate my very best hours are worth $1,000/hr, then 67 hours of Andy Black time is worth $67,000.

See why you can't pay me?

Would you do better spending that time and money getting a(nother) customer?

16. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $8,287
    That's interesting, because even for free in a thread I couldn't make it past the first paragraph.

Summarizing this looking for gems is like taking your kid to Chuck E. Cheese and watching them look for their own feet in the ball pit. You can do it if you have to, but the whole time you're thinking, "Is there really not a bar in this place?"

17. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $149,860
    People fall into one of two camps:

1) People who value their time.

2) People who don't value their time.

When I get clients for my DFY service, I look for the people that value their time. The people that don't value their time (or mine) are typically not running a decent business anyway.

They're too poor to hire me, BECAUSE they haven't put a value on their time and learned to delegate a task if it gets a positive ROI.

They're the ones queuing for hours to get a Big Mac at half price.

Which appeals to you more?

1) An 18 hour course on AdWords for $10?

2) A 1 hour course on AdWords for $180?

I ask this because there is an 18 hour course on Udemy for $10. Sheeit... that's 18 hours of my time!!!

There's more though...

Listen to the guy interviewed here: www.tropicalmba.com/clickminded

... and he says that when Udemy accidentally put his $500 SEO course on sale for $10 he noticed something interesting:

The people who bought his course for $10 rarely took the course.

What does that say about people who don't have an investment mindset? They wouldn't buy at $500 because it's "too expensive". But they will buy at $10 and let it gather dust because it's "cheaper".

In sales, our first job is to determine if the person sat opposite us sees the value or the cost in what we're offering.

If they just see the cost, then walk away, because that's a big tell that their thinking isn't right. Everything else they do is likely seen through the same lens, and they likely do a lot of other things wrong too.

Not valuing your time is a SYMPTOM of where you are in your entrepreneurial journey.

18. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,273
    Why are we talking about Tai Lopez? MJ is waaaaaay cooler.

19. Andy Black

Rep Bank:
    $149,860
    ^^^ This.

daivey likes this.
  20. G-Man

G-Man Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $8,287
    If MJ ever starts putting out videos of himself in rented jets with unenthusiastic models, then yes. Until then, Tai is the man.

Kingmaker, MidwestLandlord and Kak like this.
  21. Sanj Modha

Sanj Modha Gold Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $12,273
    I swear he's rented the whole of the internet. His face is everywhere now.

22. Kak

Kak Capitalist Pig Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $13,410
    Beat me to it.

Furthermore if your only motivation is cars, slutty girls, parties and expensive alcohol you are dead in the water. Tai is a top tier douchebag.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2017
  23. G-Man

Rep Bank:
    $8,287
    Thanks for bashing everything I ever wanted in life then calling me a douchebag.

Trs_Shup, Longinus, Kingmaker and 7 others like this.
  24. MidwestLandlord

MidwestLandlord Legendary Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR

Rep Bank:
    $33,265
    I'm kinda proud of the fact that I had no idea who this guy was until this forum. Maybe I just live under a rock?

Besides...who needs 67 steps when MJ's plan only takes 35!

Rant - "Tell me the exact steps" (OK, here are all 35 of them.)

Yeah, I hate parties anyway.

Kingmaker, cmor16 and Vigilante like this.
  25. Tomekmeister

Tomekmeister Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $558
    If that's what motivates you, then why not? :)