The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

NOTABLE! WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Maxboost

Silver Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 4, 2016
So I watched this short clip and it made him look bad, and then I watched the whole 30 minute video thinking that he'd stumble through the whole thing. But the 30 minute video wasn't that bad.

I read some comments before I watched the video and it was full of Tai supporters blasting the kid. But in the end I agreed with them. He asked very poor questions and just couldn't hang with him in terms of business maturity.

So here's what I was thinking. Any real estate investor should know what a cap rate is. But then I thought, did he start out doing SFH or multi-unit deals? Or maybe he went straight into larger deals. He is definitely very vague. If you aren't doing the details or actual work and just putting together deals, you may never calculate cap rate.

In the end I think the other dude is a little flawed. He said that he wouldn't want Tai on his board because he didn't think Tai could help his company, after Tai pointed out that his company had 200k instagram followers and only 300 likes. This tells me that this other dude is not interested in learning or growing his company, he just wants to be right.
Regardless if you like Tai Lopez or not, I would kill to have him promote my business online or get a shout out. Tai IS a master of marketing. We can't stop talking about him, which is indirectly putting money into his bank account. The attention economy is very real and we can all learn from him.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

daivey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Apr 6, 2014
So when I first saw this thread a few years back I thought i would listen to a view of his interviews on youtube, etc. And I have.
I like Tai.
BUT, I also dislike Tai.

Watching the youtube videos where he is interviewed they are all pretty much the same... he answers every question by quoting a book. He never gives his answer, or what he really thinks.
any time he is pressed for an answer, he brings up a quote, or another book.

actually it's a bit annoying. It's like a guy that is all fluff, no substance. I don't know if he is "to cool for school" and that's the persona he's trying to show case in these videos, but I find it hard to connect with him Versus someone like Joe Rogan.

Of course, they are different personalities... but Joe Rogan does the long form interviews, but you really get his OWN PERSONAL opinion, and not some rehashed, reworded, quote from a book that Joe Rogan brags that he read.

I agree with Tai that books are good, and I like his over all larger message, and image, and I give him credit for that. The videos he does on his own, they are not to bad, and I think there is a lot of things/ideas/knowledge you can skim from it, and a LOT you can learn.

so there is good and bad.

Litoid

New Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
Jan 31, 2019
...If I were an aspiring entrepreneur I would pay some serious attention to what he has to say because to be where he is now from where he came from is pretty damn miraculous....I've narrowed down the list of people I gather information from to a very select few and he's one of them.
Haters gonna hate, and if this is a forum to add value and not complaining, i'll add my cents in this post.

We have to be picky to whom we listen to, and there are a lot of guru out there selling how to do stuff and profit from it without actually doing what they advice.

Tai is different, he builds programs to teach people about different methods of making money. From real state, to starting your own social media managent agency, etc. He finds people who really knows how it is done to teach for him. Creates a digital course, adds it in his platform, massive market it and profit. Each course goes around $500, i bought one about Bitcoin and the information is quality. He doesn't teach, he pays other people to teach you. He learns from these people, and shares the knowledge with you.

And if you like marketing, you have to get in his list and check his copy writing. It's a master piece. He is everywhere, has a massive email list. When i see a guy like this, i focus on what i can learn and not what i can hate.

If you learn something from him, follow him. If you think it's a waste of time, don't even think about him, or post about it somewhere.

MaxKhalus

Contributor
Jun 7, 2018
Madrid, Spain
Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
I think I'm in the zone now.
Look at this video for TJF, you'll get it quickly :

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbIMJCbmQMk

So, possibly nothing to do with reading

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe to become an INSIDER.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom