• Discuss Entrepreneurship | Start-Ups | Starting a Business | Wealth | Money | Success | Investing
  1. Escape the Grind. Resurrect The Dream. Live Happily Ever After.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

Don’t just build a business—build a life and a legacy. UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is a specific subset of business creation that awakens dreams, frees time, and explodes incomes—but more importantly, it changes lives.

Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.
    KICKSTART YOUR PERSONAL REVOLUTION TODAY.
    Get The Book(s) Download More Info Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

Change Yourself.
Change Your Life.
Change The World.

Join now and within minutes, you can start getting advice from real millionaire entrepreneurs who live the dream.

Notable! WTF does Tai Lopez do?

Discussion in 'General Entrepreneurship and Startup' started by Journey2Million$, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Journey2Million$

Journey2Million$ Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,231
    Just saw a commercial by him today. I think it was on Youtube.
    He shows a black Lamborghini he claims to own.
    WTF does he do? I haven't seen him do anything except talk about books, books, books
    and utter an endless stream of platitudes.
    Is he just some kind of self-styled success guru or does he have a real business?
    Is he trying to be the next Warren Buffet? The next Brian Tracy?
    I heard Warren Buffet is always reading.
    I don't have time to read a bunch of general advice anymore.
    I just need to hustle and get a lot of work done.
    I got a bunch of good work done today, which is good.
    I think I'm in the zone now.

Cyriex and Gamaur like this.
  2. P3HSB

P3HSB Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,020
    Tai Lopez is a college drop out. He use to work at GE Capital. He is an owner of a nightclub business in Hollywood. Tai Lopez went on to become a Certified Financial Planner. He worked in the world of finance before becoming a founder, investor, Keynote Speaker, advisor, or mentor to more than 20 multi-million dollar businesses.

Now he does business mentorships online, inner circles, conferences and runs his "67 steps program"

He also runs a podcast “The Grand Theory of Everything” and a Youtube channel.

He lives in Hollywood Hills and drives a black Lamborghini Gallardo

And I believe he makes an estimate of 2-3 million dollars a year and counting

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $40,180
    Proof? Sources?

I think hes full of shit.

4. Journey2Million$

Journey2Million$ Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,231
    Seems to me like he's basically a new Brian Tracy. Doesn't sound like he ever really was the primary entrepreneur in starting a business other than the business of giving success advice or being a consultant. One shortcoming of Brian Tracy is that basically his experience is of being an employee (an executive, a salesman) and not really an entrepreneur.

5. theag

theag Most Aggressive Guy on the Internet on the Planet LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $40,180
  6. GuestUser113

GuestUser113 Guest

Rep Bank:
    $
    I am curious, as to why the fine folks here at the fastlane forum need to hone your bullshit meter for you?

7. Digamma

Digamma Gold Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $10,283
    I have no idea who half the people you guys talk about are. Just get to work, for fuck's sake.

8. Andy Black

Andy Black Any colour, as long as it's red. Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $106,999
    Lol. Me too...

9. Semmy

Semmy Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $973
    I think I am in the "just post some useless stuff" zone here.
    Where is the button for negative REP when you need it?
    Seriously.

You make people click on a topic not providing any value
    and just wasting our time.

What was the reason you posted this? On another thought:
    I am so fed up about the wasted time, don't bother to answer
    as I am not coming back to this thread.

MEH.

jon.a, Brett877, Vote4cake and 2 others like this.
  10. csalvato

csalvato Platinum Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $15,247
    I think the problem is that many people (past-self included) have no real life mentors and turn to gurus and similar people to "mentor" them by reading all their material. There is also this pandemic fear of picking up the phone and becoming friends with people you want to be like.

The real steps to a mentor include asking direct questions of people who aren't trying to be mentors. These aren't people blasting about how much money they make or how many powerful friends they have.

They aren't writing books or "making it rain" or telling the masses what to read on their podcast.

They are people who you want to be like in 20 years.

So here are the questions I ask myself: Who do you want to be in 20 years? Who is your role model?

Then contact them with a simple question that they can answer in 5 seconds and try cultivate a relationship. This is my future self, after all.

In my experience, this is the kind of info and engagement that will help way more than any podcast or $1000 course on how to make money.

11. DeletedUser394

DeletedUser394 Bronze Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $870
    Mr. Lopez is my father.

12. James A

James A Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,867
    uh... this sentence alone means stuff is being fluffed to sound better than it actually is. Yeah location name dropping Beverly Hills and name dropping Lamborghini in the same sentence sounds good, but actually think about it.

A Gallardo in Beverly Hills? Really?

Every time I am in Beverly Hills, no one bats an eye or even turns their head to a Gallardo. Nothing against Gallardos as I love them, but trying to impress me with bragging stats, and being at the bottom of the socioeconomic totem pole for that area is just firing all kinds of BS to me.

13. RobP

RobP Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $262
    The bio posted earlier is mostly accurate but Tai lives in the Hollywood hills, not Beverly Hills, and didn't even own a car until recently buying the Lambo. It appears he only bought the Lambo to pull views to his Youtube videos since that's what a lot of the younger crowd notice and respond to. Regardless of the minutia, he's obviously a very wealthy and successful guy.

And I'll add this: I went to junior high (aka "middle") school with Tai and we were friends in the seventh and eighth grades. If I were an aspiring entrepreneur I would pay some serious attention to what he has to say because to be where he is now from where he came from is pretty damn miraculous. Poor family. No father in his life. Zero advantages. He's definitely a smart guy but just like everybody else he started from nothing. He's now trying to impart what he's learned over the last 20 years in life and business that took him from broke to doing very well to anyone that will listen, mostly for free. I'm listening. I've narrowed down the list of people I gather information from to a very select few and he's one of them.

14. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,061
    I believe he 'owns' an aventador just to clarify, your point remains unharmed, though.

15. SBS.95

SBS.95 Gold Contributor FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $5,799
    The black car in his videos is definitely a Gallardo, 100% positive. It is a relatively newer one because of the 2x2 exhaust. The Aventador looks very different from all angles, has a quad "4 in 1" center exhaust, and has a VERY different sound.

That being said, I am not a fan of the guy. I've only ever seen one video where he talks about reading a book in 30 minutes. It seemed like a great way to gloss over any important information in the book. Would not recommend.....

16. SlowlaneJay

SlowlaneJay Silver Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,475
    He made it. Good for him.

[​IMG]

17. MJ DeMarco

MJ DeMarco Raving Lunatic Staff Member LEGENDARY CONTRIBUTOR FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass Summit Attendee

Rep Bank:
    $208,956
    Admin Post
    Well whatever he's doing, he must be doing it right because he's got you guys up in a tizzy.

18. PureA

PureA Winners never quit Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,061
    My bad I must be mistaken, not really a car guy :( I just remember him saying quarter mill car and I never thought gallardos were that much

19. Maxjohan

Maxjohan Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $843
    He hangs with Warren Buffett and Charlie Munger. And throws parties in his Hollywood hills mansion.

How impressed are you?

20. CommonCents

CommonCents Silver Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,199
    Never heard of 'em. Took a peek at a couple videos, seems like a Tony robbins type retread, but more power to 'em if he has people paying him money for it.

I wish there was a law against all these guru's name dropping Gates, Buffett, Walton etc.... It's just so cliche. Go your own way people!

I think when we thaw out up here I'll do some Bentley Business videos driving around town w/ the top down! ;)

21. parkerscott

parkerscott Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,045
    You make more money selling pans than panning for gold.

22. Jambla

Jambla Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $433
    Tai actually brought me here. I was about to watch a you tube video on home improvement, 99% of the time I don't even notice the adverts and skip straight past. This time his video caught my eye, he had my interest. I went to his website, watched his video and then he asked for $67 dollars. I thought right I am going to Google his name and some key words to see what he is about. I noticed some results had been removed under the data law protection, that made me suspicious. I also found a thread on here and I thought 'what the hell is millionaire fastlane'. Needless to say I did not buy Tai's '67 steps' but I bought Millionaire fastlane instead, after reading reviews on Amazon.

I have been self bettering for a few years now studying part time while working long hours, so that's why Tai's video caught my eye, he had my interest I wanted to be successful and he appeared to have it. He is very articulate guy I am sure many people actually parted with their $67 dollars. I am glad I watched the video as I found Millionaire Fastlane as a consequence.

Its only been a couple of weeks since I started reading the book but my attitude to life has already changed.I have an obsessive personality (my gf will vouch for that), i used to fill my time with hobbies. No longer am I wasting time on Fantasy football, Xbox etc . I am using my spare time to gain knowledge. I now listen to audio books when I am doing the dishes, having breakfast in the morning and on my drive to work. Time I would of spent listening to crap on the radio or TV. That over 10 hours a week for of being read to without any effort! The best thing about it is that I am actually enjoying the process so far.

23. nzerinto

nzerinto Bronze Contributor Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,194
    Who?

Oh look at the time, gotta get back to working on my business.....

24. Ryko

Ryko Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $436
    Andy Black, davedev and AllenCrawley like this.
  25. ksc23

ksc23 Knower of nothing FASTLANE INSIDER Read The Millionaire Fastlane Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $1,671
    I found about Tai Lopez a couple of months ago and actually signed up for his 67 steps, mainly because I wanted a copy ofManaging Oneself by Peter Drucker. The 67 Steps page is updated now, but before it was a long-form salesletter offering Managing Oneself + access to the 67 steps if you paid ~$5 for shipping. There was an opt-in form requiring: name, address, phone number, and credit card info.

Two ways I got value out of this purchase:

1. 67 Steps Funnel Analysis

The original page actually had good sales copy and whoever wrote it did a great job.

After I filled out the form and clicked submit, I realized that the free copy of Managing Oneself was a tripwire offer. I proceeded to go through his funnel of upsell pages which offered his "advanced" white belt, green belt, etc. programs. On the bottom of each page there were two options: "add to card" or "no thanks". I clicked "add to cart" a couple of times to study his copy and funnel.

Once I reached the end, I was automatically charged for whatever I "added to my cart". There was no cart in the first place. I think Ryan Deiss structures his offers like this but it wasn't a very pleasant experience having to e-mail the support team and wait a couple of days getting it cancelled.

2. 67 Steps Program

The first dozen or so videos were actually pretty interesting, and it reinforced a lot of my ideas about success. After that they become more of rambling sessions where he revisits previously mentioned ideas from a slightly different angles. Based on the posts above, I'm assuming he's raised the price to $67 now? It's definitely not worth $67 - you could just listen to his podcasts and get 90% of the value of the 67 steps. The program isn't even fully complete - he's been releasing the last few sporadically and they've been of poor quality.

I also found this today. It's definitely disappointing because he's actually a fairly charming guy with a lot of knowledge.