The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I'm now jobless and I gotta survive. Kinda need a bit of support(a bit anxious?)

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
UPDATE: POST #15
Hey everyone,

Quick background on me; I 'm 29 y/o and live on my own so no parents and no gf/spouse.

so after constantly contemplating on leaving my job (the work environment was getting worse and worse) with my desire to pursue fastlane/unscripted roadmap, I ended up quitting my job on Oct. 26.

Why Did I Quit?
It was just hard for me to stay there because of the corporate politics. Even tho I was a supervisor there, I could not have any real control over some aspects of operations(bad employees, work ethics, schedules etc) and yet, I had to keep things under control?! A lot of things did not make sense and eventually all of this led to a real absolute FTE. The funny thing is that I had to be one of the best employee of the company too. It really sucks because I still enjoyed the job there (valet at a luxury store).

Anyhow, on the last day of employment, I was not even planning to quit really. It was just a combination of bad things just compounding on top of one another that eventually led to that day. I actually came an hour late to work which never happened previously. Everyone was being a pain to deal with and the manager came in too. I just told him I quit without really thinking much about it really. He understood because he's almost at the FTE as well. I just walked away and never looked back.

The Present Moment
So right now, I barely have much to survive to be honest. I could pay my rent for this month but I don't know how I'll be doing next month. I've been working on my website and online digital product for the past months (since around july) and all is set but yet, I'm not making any sales yet and receive little traffic. I'll be signing up on JVZoo tomorrow and try to see if I could get some affiliates to promote it.

I know money online doesn't come overnight. That being said, I did side-hustles here and there (renovation with my friend, acting, security at events) but just wondering if anyone here could help me out with ideas to get-by for side-hustles? Share some opinions too pls.

I posted adds around for website building and seo service and tried prospecting/cold calling a few businesses but no luck =/. I tried selling seo/web services to local companies but when I cold call, it's usually the secretary that answers and they don't care.

Freedom Feels A Bit Bittersweet
I always thought that the feeling of absolute freedom would be like living in a utopia but man it's not really the case right now. Not having a job as a safety net right now makes me pretty damn anxious to be honest. It's okay tho. I tell myself that worse case scenario, I can move back to my mom's place but best case scenario, I'll be able to survive with a business/side-hustle and no job.

So here's the website/service I've been working on: Addict Free | Overcoming Your Addiction Starts Here.
I need everyone's feedback, good or bad (especially MJ). Guys, I don't have much to lose right now so I might as well go all-in. I assume complete responsibility for the situation I'm in right now and I'm gonna deal with whatever the consequence may be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Go get a part time job at least. Money chasing short term in buisness is a horrible approach , feed your self being a slave, and save up cash to invest. Everyone has to pay they’re dues

DaedalusIM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Sep 20, 2017
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
So right now, I barely have much to survive to be honest. I could pay my rent for this month but I don't know how I'll be doing next month.

That's tough to hear, OP, but you know what must be done. You need to look for a job, ASAP.

Now that I've stated the obvious, let me share a side gig that helped me a lot in the past: Working as a Social Media Evaluator.

This is a legit work-from-home opportunity, and they'll hire anyone who's fluent in English and has social media accounts. If you live in the US, you'll have an easier time being hired, but if you're not, don't worry. They have openings for countries all over the world (I'm from Brazil and worked on 4 projects so far).

These are the best companies you can apply for:

The hiring process can range from weeks to months. Most opportunities are part-time only, and you can expect to earn 9-13USD per hour (depends on the country you're living). I can't share many details about the work itself due to NDA regulations, but the work is easy, repetitive, and you'll have to type a lot. Still, it's a nice side income to help you during your job hunt.

Don't rely on these gigs for too long. Their contracts will last from 6 months to 1 year, so that's why I'm telling you to look for a job on the side.

You'll need to write down a resume. Nothing fancy, just a single page where you'll state that you're tech-savvy and can troubleshoot on your own. A college degree helps but isn't required. If you need any pointers on building your resume, just ask.

Good luck, OP.

Last edited:

DaedalusIM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Sep 20, 2017
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
By the way, I saw your website and your main page has a common mistake that is probably costing you traffic and conversions:

It's too focused on you. Your mission. Your beliefs.

- "We believe..."
- "We don't believe..."
- "We take a different approach..."

Focus on your clients' wants and needs, not your beliefs. Rather than saying what you believe in, tell them how fast they'll overcome their addictions if they hire your services. How pain-free their lives will be once they've conquered their addictions.

There are a few other mistakes out there, but that has to be the biggest one. If you want more help with your web copy, send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
If you can try and work overnight; i dont know if you are in USA or different country. There are a myriad of easy jobs to do overnight this way you can sleep a little and work on your hustle during the day or attend courses or go to the library and learn a new skill. There is nothing wrong working just to survive, now you have freedom on whether you want to work a miserable job for more $$$ and more stress and headache rather then working an easy job that just covers your bills and gives you some freedom and opportunity to acquire new skills and work on your venture which is ultimately your passion and key to autonomy and overall freedom.

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
That's tough to hear, OP, but you know what must be done. You need to look for a job, ASAP.

Now that I've stated the obvious, let me share a side gig that helped me a lot in the past: Working as a Social Media Evaluator.

This is a legit work-from-home opportunity, and they'll hire anyone who's fluent in English and has social media accounts. If you live in the US, you'll have an easier time being hired, but if you're not, don't worry. They have openings for countries all over the world (I'm from Brazil and worked on 4 projects so far).

These are the best companies you can apply for:

The hiring process can range from weeks to months. Most opportunities are part-time only, and you can expect to earn 9-13USD per hour (depends on the country you're living). I can't share many details about the work itself due to NDA regulations, but the work is easy, repetitive, and you'll have to type a lot. Still, it's a nice side income to help you during your job hunt.

Don't rely on these gigs for too long. Their contracts will last from 6 months to 1 year, so that's why I'm telling you to look for a job on the side.

You'll need to write down a resume. Nothing fancy, just a single page where you'll state that you're tech-savvy and can troubleshoot on your own. A college degree helps but isn't required. If you need any pointers on building your resume, just ask.

Good luck, OP.

By the way, I saw your website and your main page has a common mistake that is probably costing you traffic and conversions:

- "We believe..."
- "We don't believe..."

Focus on your clients' wants and needs, not your beliefs. Rather than saying what you believe in, tell them how fast they'll overcome their addictions if they hire your services. How pain-free their lives will be once they've conquered their addictions.

There are a few other mistakes out there, but that has to be the biggest one. If you want more help with your web copy, send me a PM and I'll be glad to help you out.

Damn, thanks a lot for the help man I really really appreciate it!!! I'll definitely check out those links you sent and probably do some work as well.

Thank you also for the feedback on my landing page. Ya it definitely needs more work and linking it directly to the sales page isn't ideal. In all honesty, it's a bit hard selling it directly to addicts since when most of them want treatment, they want to go on detox if not, they'll join one of those free AA groups. I still have to get more feedback in order to see how much it's worth in terms of perceived value. I was thinking of giving a few free accesses in order to get feeback on the product itself and see from there.

WJK

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
256%
Oct 9, 2017
Alaska
Hey everyone,

Quick background on me; I 'm 29 y/o and live on my own so no parents and no gf/spouse.

Guys, I don't have much to lose right now so I might as well go all-in. I assume complete responsibility for the situation I'm in right now and I'm gonna deal with whatever the consequence may be.
So, you jumped out of the frying pan into the fire... What do you have to lose -- as you so casually point out. You can go home and live with your mother -- for a free ride -- and you're how old? Uh? Bumming off your mother isn't an exercise that either builds your character, or helps you create a good business. It's a dead end short cut. Get a job and take care of yourself -- until you develop the necessary business habits & morals, take the steps to go through the building process, do all of the grinding hard work and replace your income with a solid business.

Sanj Modha

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Feb 16, 2016
In Your Newsfeed
Hey everyone,

so after constantly contemplating on leaving my job (the work environment was getting worse and worse) with my desire to pursue fastlane/unscripted roadmap, I ended up quitting my job on Oct. 26.

Why Did I Quit?
It was just hard for me to stay there because of the corporate politics. Even tho I was a supervisor there, I could not have any real control over some aspects of operations(bad employees, work ethics, schedules etc) and yet, I had to keep things under control?! A lot of things did not make sense and eventually all of this led to a real absolute FTE. The funny thing is that I had to be one of the best employee of the company too. It really sucks because I still enjoyed the job there (valet at a luxury store).

Anyhow, on the last day of employment, I was not even planning to quit really. It was just a combination of bad things just compounding on top of one another that eventually led to that day. I actually came an hour late to work which never happened previously. Everyone was being a pain to deal with and the manager came in too. I just told him I quit without really thinking much about it really. He understood because he's almost at the FTE as well. I just walked away and never looked back.

The Present Moment
So right now, I barely have much to survive to be honest. I could pay my rent for this month but I don't know how I'll be doing next month. I've been working on my website and online digital product for the past months (since around july) and all is set but yet, I'm not making any sales yet and receive little traffic. I'll be signing up on JVZoo tomorrow and try to see if I could get some affiliates to promote it.

I know money online doesn't come overnight. That being said, I did side-hustles here and there (renovation with my friend, acting, security at events) but just wondering if anyone here could help me out with ideas to get-by for side-hustles? Share some opinions too pls.

I posted adds around for website building and seo service and tried prospecting/cold calling a few businesses but no luck =/. I tried selling seo/web services to local companies but when I cold call, it's usually the secretary that answers and they don't care.

I always thought that the feeling of absolute freedom would be like living in a utopia but man it's not really the case right now. Not having a job as a safety net right now makes me pretty damn anxious to be honest. It's okay tho. I tell myself that worse case scenario, I can move back to my mom's place but best case scenario, I'll be able to survive with a business/side-hustle and no job.

So here's the website/service I've been working on: Addict Free | Overcoming Your Addiction Starts Here.
I need everyone's feedback, good or bad (especially MJ). Guys, I don't have much to lose right now so I might as well go all-in. I assume complete responsibility for the situation I'm in right now and I'm gonna deal with whatever the consequence may be.

Calculate how much you need to live. Like absolute minimum then go out there and find work.

What are your skillsets? Look on Craiglists, Fiverr, UpWork and I'm sure you'll find your skills in demand. Break everything down in manageable chunks.

For example, I wanted to earn $500/month to start with so I broke it down to 50 gigs at $10 each in the first month. Works out to be about 2 gigs per day then work your way up and increase your earnings goal.

This is exactly what I did. Good luck.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Only advice I can offer is look for some part time "gigs" on craigslist or something. Some people want a day or two worth of work done or some task like helping them move, mow their lawn, etc. I put an ad once on craigslist saying I would help anyone with yardwork, errands, or even tutoring (I have background in math and science, and do OK in writing too). I had a guy willing to hire me to be sort of a mentor for his disabled son. Wanted me to help him with grocery shopping, keeping his place clean, and even be someone to provide positive talk to him (when he got anxious). Anyway, I am sure you have some services you can offer the community.

NewManRising

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 30, 2017
Los Angeles
Oh, and see if you can get some unemployment benefits. Doesn't hurt to try. Maybe even food stamps if you are that desperate at the moment. Though, I am not sure if quitting a job disqualifies you from getting unemployment benefits.

ruzara5

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
104%
May 1, 2011
Currently in Washington State
Do look for a online or offline gig. Online I see a few posts with good options. Still a juggle and hustle. It all is to varying degrees. So is real biz when the customers are targeted with a pull. Now. About your site. It looks like self improvement. Not a bad topic. Helpful. How do you define it from your competitors in the niche? What are the unique benefits? I like that you are getting names and emails. Are customers getting you some feedback in a loop? Keep going. Cheers.

• nikita •

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Aug 24, 2017
London
I sympathise with you... I had a FTE at my last job, it was a TERRIBLE environment, and then was jobless for a few months. Like everyone else has said, try finding a job (any job), I'm sure you can find one.

If not, try Rev.com. You basically transcribe videos. They test your English skills and transcription accuracy based on their guidelines, but it's not too hard and you get a reply in 2 days. You can make ~ $1k a month, maybe more if you reallly work hard. It can be quite monotonous just typing, but there's a technique to it. Find the videos with the least amount of speech (so no news segments, health shows, lectures). Kids shows are the best. Simple, slow talk that you can get through watching the video on 2x speed. Just some tips.

Tips for your website:
- It isn't specific enough... I know it's for addicts but I couldn't figure out anything else. You need to build more trust and add more info to get people to pay.
- It's slow. My computer was lagging on it.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

How bout going back to live with your mom while you find a job? Or would you prefer to sleep on the streets?
Living with parents is nothing to be ashamed of. Some cultures, like in South East Asian countries and other asian countries like India, we don't leave our parents until we're married. The whole idea of moving out at 18 years old is a western (probably American?) BELIEF.

Why Did I Quit?

Anyhow, on the last day of employment, I was not even planning to quit really.

Never let emotions overtake your decision making!

I always thought that the feeling of absolute freedom would be like living in a utopia but man it's not really the case right now. Not having a job as a safety net right now makes me pretty damn anxious to be honest.

This is not real freedom, you're still chained to the scripted life and have to worry about your next meal and next paycheck, like most of us.
Those folks who spend one entire month soaking in their bathtub while $$$ keeps rolling in, now that's freedom.

The website looks decent, but I would say remove the black overlay and change the text to a darker color.
The black overlay makes the hero image looks gloomy.

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
UPDATE:
Hey guys,

so just a quick update about my current situation; I actually made more money in November than I would have expected lol hehe.

Did some renovation work here and there, also did some acting jobs and helped one of my friend with his jujitsu event. Managed to make $941 which is actually enough for me to pay rent and survive. I know it's not much but this is money from pure hustle, no job.

It actually feels amazing, the fact that it is completely detach from having a real job. I've always been a good employee and always had a job. I always thought that I'd never be able to make it out there in the real world lol. Now let's see what will happen for the month of December.

Another thing that I would like to mention is the fact that I bought some bitcoin back in January. I literally threw $110 of pocket change (it was in my change jar) in it and now it's currently at $1079.28. Kinda makes me happy. I'll keep super saving and trying to hustle and hopefully we'll see how it goes.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I need everyone's feedback, good or bad (especially MJ)

- "We believe..."
- "We don't believe..."

+1.

This is not real freedom, you're still chained to the scripted life and have to worry about your next meal and next paycheck, like most of us.
Those folks who spend one entire month soaking in their bathtub while $$$ keeps rolling in, now that's freedom.

Working from a state of anxiety is a not a great place to be working from.

managed to make $941 which is actually enough for me to pay rent and survive. I know it's not much but this is money from pure hustle, no job.

It actually feels amazing, the fact that it is completely detach from having a real job.

Congrats on a great first step.

If you can't keep up the hustle/grind (sometimes location dependent) I would try Uber or some other "make your own hours" gigs (good car needed). If not, then I'd get a "mindless" job (waiter/bartending/taxi/janitor/labor) that can help me just get by and pay bills.

Any time not spent in the job goes toward my business.

My objective would be to reduce anxiety and be able to 100% focus on the long-game plan. Having a shit job does not change your vision.

Here's a list of all the shit jobs we've done around here.

Notable! - Dead-End Sh*t Jobs ... Yours?

Good luck.

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
+1.

Working from a state of anxiety is a not a great place to be working from.

Congrats on a great first step.

If you can't keep up the hustle/grind (sometimes location dependent) I would try Uber or some other "make your own hours" gigs (good car needed). If not, then I'd get a "mindless" job (waiter/bartending/taxi/janitor/labor) that can help me just get by and pay bills.

Any time not spent in the job goes toward my business.

My objective would be to reduce anxiety and be able to 100% focus on the long-game plan. Having a shit job does not change your vision.

Here's a list of all the shit jobs we've done around here.

Notable! - Dead-End Sh*t Jobs ... Yours?

Good luck.
Hey MJ, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated! :)

You know what, after well over a month, I no longer feel the anxiety anymore. I must say that i felt it a lot in the beginning, right after I left my job and realized I had no safety net. As of right now though, I feel much better because I can find gigs/side-hustles to pay off my bills and I kinda gotten used to it.

At the moment, I just feel a need to keep going at it and running and making things happen. I will keep everyone updated on how things are and if I could make it alive on the fastlane.

EDIT: btw, how do I get the tab on my profile saying "read TMF " and "read UNSCRIPTED "?

jon.a

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
329%
Sep 29, 2012
Near San Diego
Hey MJ, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated! :)

You know what, after well over a month, I no longer feel the anxiety anymore. I must say that i felt it a lot in the beginning, right after I left my job and realized I had no safety net. As of right now though, I feel much better because I can find gigs/side-hustles to pay off my bills and I kinda gotten used to it.

At the moment, I just feel a need to keep going at it and running and making things happen. I will keep everyone updated on how things are and if I could make it alive on the fastlane.

EDIT: btw, how do I get the tab on my profile saying "read TMF " and "read UNSCRIPTED "?
Book - I've Read UNSCRIPTED!
GOLD - I've Read The Millionaire Fastlane!

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
So here's my new years update (Happy new years everyone by the way!!)

Unexpected
I honestly could not believe I actually made it to this point without having a job:rofl:. I managed to pay my rent as well as all of my bills and still have left over money lol. Obviously not touching it because I need my money system to grow.

Coming from a very employee mindset and always associating money with a job, breaking that mental wiring was quite something. Now the anxiety I felt at the beginning is pretty much gone. Furthermore, I'm starting to dissociate money with an hourly wage too.

Structure & Discipline Is Harder Without a Job!!
One thing that I might add is that, being self-motivated and having the discipline once your on your own is not easy. I have a hard time going to the gym and eating at the right time, sleeping at the right time etc. I'm assuming that this is because of the change in lifestyle/routine which gave me a bit of discomfort. I'm giving myself a bit of time to actually get a very fix/solid routine I guess. This is actually my biggest issue right now. Maybe the benefit of having a 9 to 5 is well, because you have to be there everyday from 9 to 5 lol. I actually lost ~10lbs since I left my job lol. Not that it's an issue since I still intend to get it back. I just need to get my sh*t together.

Pivoting Instead of Persevering
As far as money goes, my main 'business' which was my website hasn't had much success in all honesty. However, in early-mid January, I decided to pivot to something else which seemed to be a better option and so far, I've been having some reasonable success with it. I actually made more money in 4 days than I would in a month at my previous job lol.

It's been great so far but at the same time, there is so much uncertainty that it's hard to predict how things will go in the following months to come. I guess maybe why a lot of people stick to a SCRIPTED job/lifestyle is because it gives them a certain amount of predictability. However, at the same time, those predictions can come out false (job loss, sick etc) which end up costing them a lot.

So far, this UNSCRIPTED lifestyle takes getting used to. I honestly have no clue how things are going to unfold in the upcoming months...

Dunkafelics

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
229%
Jun 12, 2015
Vancouver, Canada
So here's my new years update (Happy new years everyone by the way!!)

So far, this UNSCRIPTED lifestyle takes getting used to. I honestly have no clue how things are going to unfold in the upcoming months...

Hey man, how are you?

At first look, the website for the addictions product looks great. I noticed that your last blog post hasn't been written since November. It might be something that you want to address.

Now for the landing page ...

What makes you a leading expert in the addictions field? (Headline)
What is your backstory? How can your story connect with those that are suffering from an addiction?
What testimonials do you have for your product?

At this point, I see a landing page that was quickly thrown together. Addict or not ... it is going to be a tough sell.

Great job on finding this new gig that is providing you with income.

Is it something that can remain consistent?
If so, will you still have the flexibility to pursue your fastlane ventures?

All the best to you man, keep us updated!

LittleWolfie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Jun 28, 2018
Holbeach Hurn

Don't rely on these gigs for too long. Their contracts will last from 6 months to 1 year,
Good luck, OP.

This could be a perfect side gig, looking into it.

Late Bloomer

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 17, 2018
What's your current situation, David?

I just now tried your site, got an error message.
error.jpg

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
...the corporate politics...
This drove me mad and led to my eventual lay off. Corporate politics means the company is too big, and people are making decisions just for the sake of making decisions so they can say they did something. And the only thing that matters at this point is making investors happy per 1/4 vs making the customers and employees happy.

You have a zero support group, and that can be painful. But you know what? Dreams sometimes need funding. Even if you need to get a temporary gig, dont think about it as giving up on your dream. Think of it as being the piggy bank for your dream. You may almost need to work 2 jobs. The paying one and the nonpaying one with the paying one covering the bills while the nonpaying one slowly cranks up.

And if you can move into your mom's house for a bit, then I say do it! Dont think of it as defeat. It will let you concentrate on the dream at least 80-90% of the time (the rest at least with a part time job).

And regards to your site:
Firefox didnt like the https: //addict-free.com, but it worked fine with http: //addict-free.com (I added the space between : and / so you can see the url). Its an issue with Firefox not recognizing your security certificate properly. IE had no trouble. either way.

But I think the site looks great. Have you considered putting a small sample of the material you sell so people can have a taste?

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
UPDATE:

I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I fell flat on my face this time. Kinda like hitting a brick wall @100+mph. My mom happen to lose her job at the same time and couldn't pay the mortgage so she wasn't really doing well and I had to move back in with her and try to provide immediate income. I also had to take a job.
Since January, both have been doing much better. I'm back at university and got a job at a major bank. Not bad but man, I could definitely feel the slowlane. I feel like I'm dead center in the slowlane and can really grasp what MJ was describing in unscripted .
Each morning I now take the train to work and it feels like you're on a massive conveyer belt just going towards the slaughter house. No wonder you often hear the analogy of being a sheep. It definitely feels like it.
Honestly it's been a super rough couple of month and I really feel like I'm stuck in a limbo. I feel like my mindset has changed tremendously in the past month. I'm moving away from the employee mindset and I have a really hard time with conformity. At the same time however, I feel like I still don't have the complete entrepreneurial mindset as well. I'm stuck in between.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
what have you done since then? do you have a business running?

MelanitaD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jun 19, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Go get a part time job at least. Money chasing short term in buisness is a horrible approach , feed your self being a slave, and save up cash to invest. Everyone has to pay they’re dues
+1 - you're not selling out by getting a part-time job, you're becoming your own VC and funding your venture. There's no shame in it - you're sustaining your hustle.

MelanitaD

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Jun 19, 2018
Alexandria, VA
UPDATE:

I'm not gonna lie to you guys, I fell flat on my face this time. Kinda like hitting a brick wall @100+mph. My mom happen to lose her job at the same time and couldn't pay the mortgage so she wasn't really doing well and I had to move back in with her and try to provide immediate income. I also had to take a job.
Since January, both have been doing much better. I'm back at university and got a job at a major bank. Not bad but man, I could definitely feel the slowlane. I feel like I'm dead center in the slowlane and can really grasp what MJ was describing in unscripted .
Each morning I now take the train to work and it feels like you're on a massive conveyer belt just going towards the slaughter house. No wonder you often hear the analogy of being a sheep. It definitely feels like it.
Honestly it's been a super rough couple of month and I really feel like I'm stuck in a limbo. I feel like my mindset has changed tremendously in the past month. I'm moving away from the employee mindset and I have a really hard time with conformity. At the same time however, I feel like I still don't have the complete entrepreneurial mindset as well. I'm stuck in between.

Don't be discouraged, friend - the ramp-up period is part of a lot of people's story. Even MJ had his limo days. I'm still working full-time too (while growing my existing business), but it's only a shackle if you let it be. In my case, it's the fuel for my entreprenuerial engine, and it FOR SURE has an expiration date. It's the reason I can build my business the exact way I want it without having to rely on anyone else to give me their cash (and well-meaning, but useless advice and criticism).

Flybye

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 19, 2018
Cuba v2.1 (Miami)
... I feel like I still don't have the complete entrepreneurial mindset as well. I'm stuck in between.
I wouldnt dwell over the analogy you have given your job. At least its income for now. Sometimes we need to work to fund our dream.

But not having the entrepreneurial mindset? I firmly believe you need to be able to have something that is challenging and interesting to yourself. And perhaps you havent found that? Some entrepreneurs will dive into whatever opportunity comes up. Me I need something that gets me excited which fuels me to wake up at 5am.

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
I wouldnt dwell over the analogy you have given your job. At least its income for now. Sometimes we need to work to fund our dream.

But not having the entrepreneurial mindset? I firmly believe you need to be able to have something that is challenging and interesting to yourself. And perhaps you havent found that? Some entrepreneurs will dive into whatever opportunity comes up. Me I need something that gets me excited which fuels me to wake up at 5am.
That's a bit how I feel really. I really need to find something that I feel is meaningful. There are plenty of ways to make money but I just really need to feel that I'm giving meaningful value and not just doing something for the sake of having a business or to make money. It's not even about following my passion. It's serving people but at a much higher level.

I do feel like my life is heading towards a certain direction because there is constant progress and there are a lot of dots that are connecting. Its just not 100% clear at the moment however.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.