The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 38,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Registration at the forum removes this block.

So I'm now jobless and I gotta survive. Kinda need a bit of support(a bit anxious?)

DavidTT

Bronze Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
238%
Aug 3, 2016
UPDATE: POST #15
Hey everyone,

Quick background on me; I 'm 29 y/o and live on my own so no parents and no gf/spouse.

so after constantly contemplating on leaving my job (the work environment was getting worse and worse) with my desire to pursue fastlane/unscripted roadmap, I ended up quitting my job on Oct. 26.

Why Did I Quit?
It was just hard for me to stay there because of the corporate politics. Even tho I was a supervisor there, I could not have any real control over some aspects of operations(bad employees, work ethics, schedules etc) and yet, I had to keep things under control?! A lot of things did not make sense and eventually all of this led to a real absolute FTE. The funny thing is that I had to be one of the best employee of the company too. It really sucks because I still enjoyed the job there (valet at a luxury store).

Anyhow, on the last day of employment, I was not even planning to quit really. It was just a combination of bad things just compounding on top of one another that eventually led to that day. I actually came an hour late to work which never happened previously. Everyone was being a pain to deal with and the manager came in too. I just told him I quit without really thinking much about it really. He understood because he's almost at the FTE as well. I just walked away and never looked back.

The Present Moment
So right now, I barely have much to survive to be honest. I could pay my rent for this month but I don't know how I'll be doing next month. I've been working on my website and online digital product for the past months (since around july) and all is set but yet, I'm not making any sales yet and receive little traffic. I'll be signing up on JVZoo tomorrow and try to see if I could get some affiliates to promote it.

I know money online doesn't come overnight. That being said, I did side-hustles here and there (renovation with my friend, acting, security at events) but just wondering if anyone here could help me out with ideas to get-by for side-hustles? Share some opinions too pls.

I posted adds around for website building and seo service and tried prospecting/cold calling a few businesses but no luck =/. I tried selling seo/web services to local companies but when I cold call, it's usually the secretary that answers and they don't care.

Freedom Feels A Bit Bittersweet
I always thought that the feeling of absolute freedom would be like living in a utopia but man it's not really the case right now. Not having a job as a safety net right now makes me pretty damn anxious to be honest. It's okay tho. I tell myself that worse case scenario, I can move back to my mom's place but best case scenario, I'll be able to survive with a business/side-hustle and no job.

So here's the website/service I've been working on: Addict Free | Overcoming Your Addiction Starts Here.
I need everyone's feedback, good or bad (especially MJ). Guys, I don't have much to lose right now so I might as well go all-in. I assume complete responsibility for the situation I'm in right now and I'm gonna deal with whatever the consequence may be.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
Go get a part time job at least. Money chasing short term in buisness is a horrible approach , feed your self being a slave, and save up cash to invest. Everyone has to pay they’re dues

DaedalusIM

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
357%
Sep 20, 2017
Brazil, Rio de Janeiro
So right now, I barely have much to survive to be honest. I could pay my rent for this month but I don't know how I'll be doing next month.

That's tough to hear, OP, but you know what must be done. You need to look for a job, ASAP.

Now that I've stated the obvious, let me share a side gig that helped me a lot in the past: Working as a Social Media Evaluator.

This is a legit work-from-home opportunity, and they'll hire anyone who's fluent in English and has social media accounts. If you live in the US, you'll have an easier time being hired, but if you're not, don't worry. They have openings for countries all over the world (I'm from Brazil and worked on 4 projects so far).

These are the best companies you can apply for:

The hiring process can range from weeks to months. Most opportunities are part-time only, and you can expect to earn 9-13USD per hour (depends on the country you're living). I can't share many details about the work itself due to NDA regulations, but the work is easy, repetitive, and you'll have to type a lot. Still, it's a nice side income to help you during your job hunt.

Don't rely on these gigs for too long. Their contracts will last from 6 months to 1 year, so that's why I'm telling you to look for a job on the side.

You'll need to write down a resume. Nothing fancy, just a single page where you'll state that you're tech-savvy and can troubleshoot on your own. A college degree helps but isn't required. If you need any pointers on building your resume, just ask.

Good luck, OP.

Last edited:

Become a Fastlane Member Today to Read More or Comment.

This thread has
more posts!

Join MJ DeMarco's Inner Circle and Rub Shoulders with Other Millionaire Entrepreneurs

Imagine a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been the driving force of Fastlane, contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With over 38,000 posts game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve freedom. Join 90,000+ members and access a vast library of 1,000,000+ posts from entrepreneurs worldwide.

Fastlane isn’t just another community led by an absent guru. By joining, you enter MJ’s inner circle—a supportive home where you’re never alone. Embrace true mentorship and transform your entrepreneurial journey with the Fastlane Forum.

Basic Membership (Monthly)

• Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • Cancel anytime

$5 per month

Join Now

Basic Membership (Yearly)

• Save 22% vs monthly
  • Read all threads in the main forums/categories.
  • Post comments in existing topics.
  • React to any comment/post.
  • Sort big threads by best posts.
  • 30% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription
  • Cancel anytime

$47 per year

Join Now

VIP Insider Membership

• Same as basic plus...
  • Guaranteed read and response from MJ DeMarco*
  • Access to the private Insider forum for more advanced users.
  • Bookmark any posts
  • No non-sponsor ads
  • 50% Off a Yearly GoalSumo.com Subscription ($34 Value)

$119.88 per year

Join Now

* If you post any question or problem within the INSIDER forum, this guarantees MJ will read and respond to your post to the best of his ability at least one time. This guarantee does not imply a lifetime dialogue or a personal ongoing mentorship. Again, MJ has authored more than 38,000 responses at this forum since 2007.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.