The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

So I read Millionaire Fastlane & Unscripted

GeoffTheGerman

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Well then!
I suppose I should introduce myself. I am a 25 year old College Graduate with a degree in policing, and the type of guy to not realize he hated his field until AFTER graduation. It didn't help that I couldn't find a job in my field despite being on the honor role the entire time in a subject that I disliked. :p
*Anyways... I grew up in a higher middle class family, and was drilled constantly with the slow-lane philosophy by my family as my Grandfather was a semi-successful investor, and was the type of insane super-human being that worked his whole life away until he became Vice President for 3 different Corporations simultaneously. I attempted to enter the Military out of school at my grandfathers suggestion but discovered that I had a defect in my spine, and couldn't serve due to it. I decided that college was my next best bet and went for policing, which I excelled at... but I hated it.
Long story short, I graduated and went into Security work as a means of getting my foot in the door in the field and convinced myself that "It'll be okay, because if I get experience here, I'll be able to get hired by bigger and better organizations with better benefits. (Slow-lane..) Even better, I bought myself a $30,000 car that I couldn't afford while still on Minimum wage. #Brilliant
So after nearly 4 years in the field now, all my friends now own houses and decent cars (Financed of course) and have their "oh so wonderful corporate jobs" and they repeatedly ask me when I'm gonna make the jump. I happened upon a drop-shipping course on Youtube one day and stupidly bought into their program after watching religiously for a few days. ($780)
Funny enough, that course is actually what directed me to the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " I started my Security Shift as usual that day, and instead of listening to the car radio, I played the Audiobook for TMF and was blown away by the contents. ...So much so actually that the next day I purchased and repeated the process with "Unscripted ."

WOW!!! I had been drilled with slow-lane shit for so long that I hadn't even taken the time to consider entrepreneurship as an option. I have close to $40,000 Total debt with school and my car, and only $500 to my name but at least the mindset is a start.
Thing is, I don't have any real 'experience' in any fields other than security so I've been trying to brainstorm security related business ideas. It's certainly challenging. I've considered other 'Niches' as well, thought I'm having trouble finding one that fits with MJ's 'CENTS' guidelines. Though I suppose it has only been about a week or two since reading the books. Any brainstorming tips you guys recommend that worked for you when trying to think of ideas?

I should mention that because of my debt, and low income, paired with what I pay for my car (Which is still quite high in negative equity) (year 2 of 8 in the finance) I literally can't afford to move anywhere else. I'm currently renting a room from a friend of mine, but the environment is AWFUL. Constant shouting and fighting between him and his girlfriend, and they are both hoarders. I have no surviving family and no other friends will house me for as cheap as this place which I can only JUST afford, so relocation would be VERY difficult. I would consider visiting cafe's to broaden my mind but everything is locked down where I live.
Anyways, that was probably all over the place but that's my introduction. Glad to meet you all.

And last but not least.... Thank you so much @MJ DeMarco for publishing these masterpieces and helping to get me out of the pit-stop and into the race.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

johnmgr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 5, 2020
Araure, Venezuela
Well then!
I suppose I should introduce myself. I am a 25 year old College Graduate with a degree in policing, and the type of guy to not realize he hated his field until AFTER graduation. It didn't help that I couldn't find a job in my field despite being on the honor role the entire time in a subject that I disliked. :p
*Anyways... I grew up in a higher middle class family, and was drilled constantly with the slow-lane philosophy by my family as my Grandfather was a semi-successful investor, and was the type of insane super-human being that worked his whole life away until he became Vice President for 3 different Corporations simultaneously. I attempted to enter the Military out of school at my grandfathers suggestion but discovered that I had a defect in my spine, and couldn't serve due to it. I decided that college was my next best bet and went for policing, which I excelled at... but I hated it.
Long story short, I graduated and went into Security work as a means of getting my foot in the door in the field and convinced myself that "It'll be okay, because if I get experience here, I'll be able to get hired by bigger and better organizations with better benefits. (Slow-lane..) Even better, I bought myself a $30,000 car that I couldn't afford while still on Minimum wage. #Brilliant
So after nearly 4 years in the field now, all my friends now own houses and decent cars (Financed of course) and have their "oh so wonderful corporate jobs" and they repeatedly ask me when I'm gonna make the jump. I happened upon a drop-shipping course on Youtube one day and stupidly bought into their program after watching religiously for a few days. ($780)
Funny enough, that course is actually what directed me to the book "The Millionaire Fastlane " I started my Security Shift as usual that day, and instead of listening to the car radio, I played the Audiobook for TMF and was blown away by the contents. ...So much so actually that the next day I purchased and repeated the process with "Unscripted ."

WOW!!! I had been drilled with slow-lane shit for so long that I hadn't even taken the time to consider entrepreneurship as an option. I have close to $40,000 Total debt with school and my car, and only $500 to my name but at least the mindset is a start.
Thing is, I don't have any real 'experience' in any fields other than security so I've been trying to brainstorm security related business ideas. It's certainly challenging. I've considered other 'Niches' as well, thought I'm having trouble finding one that fits with MJ's 'CENTS' guidelines. Though I suppose it has only been about a week or two since reading the books. Any brainstorming tips you guys recommend that worked for you when trying to think of ideas?

I should mention that because of my debt, and low income, paired with what I pay for my car (Which is still quite high in negative equity) (year 2 of 8 in the finance) I literally can't afford to move anywhere else. I'm currently renting a room from a friend of mine, but the environment is AWFUL. Constant shouting and fighting between him and his girlfriend, and they are both hoarders. I have no surviving family and no other friends will house me for as cheap as this place which I can only JUST afford, so relocation would be VERY difficult. I would consider visiting cafe's to broaden my mind but everything is locked down where I live.
Anyways, that was probably all over the place but that's my introduction. Glad to meet you all.

And last but not least.... Thank you so much @MJ DeMarco for publishing these masterpieces and helping to get me out of the pit-stop and into the race.

Hey Geoff

I get where you're coming man, my family is also in the mindset of the slow lane,

As Walter Hay recommended in my introduction, your fast lane doesn't have to be on the subject you graduated or are currently working; yes, as MJ put its experience by domain is the best way to find problems to solve; but is not the only one. I had a lot of "ideas over the years, never put them to practice, and a lot of them weren't related to psychology, my feal of expertise.

My point is, don't limit your self, and keep working, you're still young, and they're still are many things you can learn

GeoffTheGerman

New Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
May 24, 2020
Ontario, Canada
Hey Geoff

I get where you're coming man, my family is also in the mindset of the slow lane,

As Walter Hay recommended in my introduction, your fast lane doesn't have to be on the subject you graduated or are currently working; yes, as MJ put its experience by domain is the best way to find problems to solve; but is not the only one. I had a lot of "ideas over the years, never put them to practice, and a lot of them weren't related to psychology, my feal of expertise.

My point is, don't limit your self, and keep working, you're still young, and they're still are many things you can learn
Thanks for the advice, I did a bit of brainstorming with what you said in mind and actually came up with 2 business ideas that aren't in my field. Now I just need to go learn web code. One fantastic thing about my current job is the schedule. 1 week on, 1 week off. So I have a fair amount of time to study. Looks like I'll be lost in books for the next little while. XD

johnmgr

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jun 5, 2020
Araure, Venezuela
I'
Thanks for the advice, I did a bit of brainstorming with what you said in mind and actually came up with 2 business ideas that aren't in my field. Now I just need to go learn web code. One fantastic thing about my current job is the schedule. 1 week on, 1 week off. So I have a fair amount of time to study. Looks like I'll be lost in books for the next little while. XD
I glad to hear that

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...