The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

rareform official Intro. Desire to reach the next level

rareform

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 18, 2016
Hey Fastlaners, after a long lurk I have grown some in hopes of inspiring others to do so as well!

I have always considered myself a hustler of sorts. Never had an official business, but my mindset has always lead me to "selling" - I have been selling random items on the street and online since my time in the school system. From phone cases to wireless extenders, if I could see arbitrage I was on it.

The need to sell came from a desire to turn nothing into something. Never had an interest in working a job, and have unknowingly viewed any job I had as a means to an end.

Cut a long story short, enter college in 2009 and learn/achieve almost nothing (live and learn) I spent most of the time there chasing girls and dreaming about big business.

Feb 2015 Read the Millionaire Fastlane
Read the Millionaire Fastlane within 1 month of getting my first post-college 9-5 3 years ago.

Mar 2017 - Begin Lifestyle blog
What is the blog about?
- Teaches/provides information about ways to save money and make money for millennials
- Everything posted are from personal experience or speaking to those in the know

Start a Blogspot blog to test the waters/challenge myself as I saw blogging as an examination of my determination to succeed (It is easy to go a long time without seeing a penny from blogging)

Oct 2017 - Paid Wordpress blog - theypzone.com
Move blog to wordpress which is paid (more investment, forced to take it seriously). Been sharing my posts through friend groups etc and the feedback tells my writing style is interesting and fun to read.

What I'm looking for is some direction - I make no money from this site at the moment, there are no ads or any affiliate deals, so I know there are opportunities that have not yet been taken.

Any feedback on my layout, the quality of the site, if you feel it even provides any value at all, would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Dave Daily

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
209%
Feb 22, 2018
Chico, CA
Welcome to the forum. I've been here for a month, but I've enjoyed it so far.

I looked at your blog. It's clean. I like your titles for your articles. I'm no expert, but I've read some stuff ;). I think you should replace that city images with a FREE offer which ties into your unique selling proposition. Then trade your offer for email addresses.

I see your subscribe button there, but I have no incentive to add my name to your list. WIIFM?

There are tons and tons of internet marketing experts out there and quite a few on here. Spend some time searching for those topics. One person I follow in social media is Neil Patel. Stop by his site.

rareform

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 18, 2016
Welcome to the forum. I've been here for a month, but I've enjoyed it so far.

I looked at your blog. It's clean. I like your titles for your articles. I'm no expert, but I've read some stuff ;). I think you should replace that city images with a FREE offer which ties into your unique selling proposition. Then trade your offer for email addresses.

I see your subscribe button there, but I have no incentive to add my name to your list. WIIFM?

There are tons and tons of internet marketing experts out there and quite a few on here. Spend some time searching for those topics. One person I follow in social media is Neil Patel. Stop by his site.

Thanks Hugh for the feedback!

I had actually read one of your posts before and you appear to have a knack for idea creation. I'll be looking around for more about marketing, and I know Neil has quite a presence in this area.

From you comment "WIIFM" I agree, I'm thinking an ebook of sorts will be the logical giveaway at this stage, as I currently have no products to associate with my content.

Cheers!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend and thanks for sharing your story with us.

Any feedback on my layout, the quality of the site, if you feel it even provides any value at all, would be greatly appreciated!

Good news and bad news.

Good news: Yes your site provides value!

Bad news: I'm afraid it doesn't provide relative value. That's a concept I discuss in detail within Unscripted . (I noticed you read TMF ). To engineer a productocracy, ultimately you need to start with relative value.

+1. Add an incentive, or at least a short reason why. "Get the best hustles delivered to your inbox"

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rareform

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 18, 2016
Thanks for the insight MJ.

I'd like to add TMF is the book that made it impossible to ignore that voice in the back of my head!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.