The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

My progression- 8 months - Digital marketing + web development.

Marketing, social media, advertising

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
Hello!

I tought I want to contribute to the formum somehow.

The beginning:

Got to the forum by reading The Millionaire Fastlane .

My journey started here. I got the idea from @Sean Marshall Thank you!

Digital martketing - I started learing about the industry, the work and so on.
Got my first courses from Udemy. Best dollars ever spent, what the hell...

We started our idea about a year ago. Then it was slow progress, because we were learing the basics of digital martketing and web development.
As time progressed, we picked up pretty much knowledge from first projects and studying.

Starting a business is hard, I must admit. It all sounds so easy but in reality, it is something different.
We had some mauch trouble finding clients. We were rookies, didnt know a thing about business.
I started to talk with my friends, family and so on. That we are starting a business. We are offering marketing services..
Its all good and so on, that we were trying.
But I had some problems in my personal life. It is said, that mindset is one of the most important things when starting.
My mindset was all shit, I was an addict. My mindset was pretty broken. Starting as an addict is pretty rough..
I got so much wisdom from this forum. Mindset is something that is sooooo important. It guides us pretty strong.
With a shity mindset, your work and commitment is shit. Mind is wondering too much and is not focused at all.
Hope I made any sense. I am not so good at writing good text.

Starting our business.

When we started, we had so little experience, that is was sad. At least, thinking back. So lesson here, be as rookie as you are, just go forward. Learn, learn, lean and everything will start to change.
Still, no client, hussling hard to get any from facebook friend, family and so on.
Got some client, 2 websites and 1 seo order. We did it all for 600 euros.
We were total rookies, but we managed to do them. Clients were satisfied.
Started going on, it was hell to find clients. Due the fact, that we had only 1 project to show, no previous experience.
We struggled about 5 months. I think we made about 1.5k for 5 months....What a joke eeh?
About 3 times I tought, that I am going to quit it. It wont work out, im too stupid and inexperienced. Im nothing. These were my toughts at the moment.

We had rough times, no clients. Just working on our own SEO and advertising.
Once in a while we got some clients from our connections.
I was pretty beat down about it. I lost hope for some time. It was pretty tough. Business is tough and only crazy people do it :rofl: Now I understand it.

But as time went on, we got more clients. We did our best to over deliver. It took sime time, testing, failing, tears, hope lost, hope back.
Last week we achieved our first 3500€ a weeek.
It was a blast for us, we were so happy. What I want to say, people who may read this and are just staring. Do not STOP! Give your everything, just stick with it! Try new things, experiment and so on.
People that are at the same level, just push push and believe! It just takes practice!

Hope this short story gave any hope to people starting!
Be strong.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kal-El1998

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
78%
Nov 25, 2020
Hello!

I tought I want to contribute to the formum somehow.

The beginning:

Got to the forum by reading The Millionaire Fastlane .

My journey started here. I got the idea from @Sean Marshall Thank you!

Digital martketing - I started learing about the industry, the work and so on.
Got my first courses from Udemy. Best dollars ever spent, what the hell...

We started our idea about a year ago. Then it was slow progress, because we were learing the basics of digital martketing and web development.
As time progressed, we picked up pretty much knowledge from first projects and studying.

Starting a business is hard, I must admit. It all sounds so easy but in reality, it is something different.
We had some mauch trouble finding clients. We were rookies, didnt know a thing about business.
I started to talk with my friends, family and so on. That we are starting a business. We are offering marketing services..
Its all good and so on, that we were trying.
But I had some problems in my personal life. It is said, that mindset is one of the most important things when starting.
My mindset was all shit, I was an addict. My mindset was pretty broken. Starting as an addict is pretty rough..
I got so much wisdom from this forum. Mindset is something that is sooooo important. It guides us pretty strong.
With a shity mindset, your work and commitment is shit. Mind is wondering too much and is not focused at all.
Hope I made any sense. I am not so good at writing good text.

Starting our business.

When we started, we had so little experience, that is was sad. At least, thinking back. So lesson here, be as rookie as you are, just go forward. Learn, learn, lean and everything will start to change.
Still, no client, hussling hard to get any from facebook friend, family and so on.
Got some client, 2 websites and 1 seo order. We did it all for 600 euros.
We were total rookies, but we managed to do them. Clients were satisfied.
Started going on, it was hell to find clients. Due the fact, that we had only 1 project to show, no previous experience.
We struggled about 5 months. I think we made about 1.5k for 5 months....What a joke eeh?
About 3 times I tought, that I am going to quit it. It wont work out, im too stupid and inexperienced. Im nothing. These were my toughts at the moment.

We had rough times, no clients. Just working on our own SEO and advertising.
Once in a while we got some clients from our connections.
I was pretty beat down about it. I lost hope for some time. It was pretty tough. Business is tough and only crazy people do it :rofl: Now I understand it.

But as time went on, we got more clients. We did our best to over deliver. It took sime time, testing, failing, tears, hope lost, hope back.
Last week we achieved our first 3500€ a weeek.
It was a blast for us, we were so happy. What I want to say, people who may read this and are just staring. Do not STOP! Give your everything, just stick with it! Try new things, experiment and so on.
People that are at the same level, just push push and believe! It just takes practice!

Hope this short story gave any hope to people starting!
Be strong.

Great job taking action! keep it up!

Captain Hoodie

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
95%
Aug 17, 2017
Canada
Good job so far.

How did you go about finding and contacting potential clients that you thought could use your services?

Did you do cold outreach?

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
W
Good job so far.

How did you go about finding and contacting potential clients that you thought could use your services?

Did you do cold outreach?
Well, at first we used our connections/friends to let them know what we do and what can we offer to them. That was when we just started out.
Also Facebook pages/formus that allow to talk about services/when going out on the weekends, just talking with people have had some success too.

We have done some advertisement which have had some, minor, success.
Facebook at the moment, but what is harder there, is that people are not looking for services there, mostly. Still ROI was decent so far.

Also, for the clients we got at first, we delivered the maximum we could. We have had pretty good referals from older customers - These clients usualy are pretty decent.

No cold calla yet but we are planning to. Also, maybe it counts as a cold reach - we looked up facebook business pages without website and wrote to them.

alekssiht

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Mar 15, 2019
Estonia
W

Well, at first we used our connections/friends to let them know what we do and what can we offer to them. That was when we just started out.
Also Facebook pages/formus that allow to talk about services/when going out on the weekends, just talking with people have had some success too.

We have done some advertisement which have had some, minor, success.
Facebook at the moment, but what is harder there, is that people are not looking for services there, mostly. Still ROI was decent so far.

Also, for the clients we got at first, we delivered the maximum we could. We have had pretty good referals from older customers - These clients usualy are pretty decent.

No cold calla yet but we are planning to. Also, maybe it counts as a cold reach - we looked up facebook business pages without website and wrote to them.
Also, for SEO services. Looking up a specific niche and lookin up a website and then manualy or with a program check the rankings. And if they are not on first page, contact. Gave them what is wrong and what could be fixed etc

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.