The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

CAREER CHANGE? Recruitment or Digital Marketing? Need your feedback and ideas!

A post of a ranting nature...

Tina Diaz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Nov 12, 2022
India
Embarked on an entrepreneurial journey with two of my friends in the year 2018, who already had few years of experience in the recruitment field. Their ideas and plans ignited an ever burning flame in me to get into business. We were a team of 5 to 6 friends who handled various tasks like client relationship, sourcing candidates, appointing employees, assessments, accounts, digital marketing, employee motivation etc., And within a year COVID struck and I had to leave the company mainly because I have always wanted to start my own firm, to plan and execute things in a different way than my friends and I felt it was time. So I came back home, did freelancing for a year or so and started a recruitment firm very recently.

Now its been few months since I have started on my own, and I'm starting to wonder whether recruitment is my thing or should I shift to another field. Previously, we were a team who shared a common vision and we shared a lot of work. Now I am the one who wears lot of hats a day and I am very much loving it and focused on building and gathering people towards a particular goal / vision, to set a wonderful company culture but I am not sure how to move this forward. I have appointed few interns and 1 employee to help me out with the sourcing and placing candidates, and also provide certain technical training(Like web development, UI/UX courses, Softskill training). Previously, we had all put our savings in our first venture but now that's not the case.

One of the huge advantages of being in the recruitment field is I have a huge database of candidates with different skillsets. And I have been thinking of transitioning from recruitment to digital marketing as I have a team of candidates who are specialized in web development and digital marketing. I am still recruiting and placing candidates in a few client companies that I acquired from the networks I built from the previous company.

One thing that has been bothering so much is whether recruitment is for me because I got into the recruitment field because of my friends and I wonder always whether it is my thing. I used to work as a creative visualizer in an event management company(corporate events) which I loved to the core before I got into business with my friends. I used to come up with new ideas every single day for each and every client with their upcoming events.

So now what I am doing is placing candidates in companies, providing training in Website design & development, and also looking to start digital marketing services with the team that I already have. My ultimate goal or vision is for people to either get a high paying job or a high value course or a great digital promotion service. TO PROVIDE A GREAT SERVICE TO THE PEOPLE. To grow as they grow, to reach impossible futuristic heights in business!

Let me know if I need to niche down and just stick to either recruitment or digital marketing. Sometimes the thing that's very familiar to us makes us feel safe but I don't want to regret later for not changing my career. I am 29, full of energy and burning desire that keeps me up all night and day. But a little confused about this transition.

Let me know your feedback and what you would do?

Jobs • Training and Placements • Career Consultation (@jvbusinesssolutions) • Instagram photos and videos

This is my recruitment firm's insta page which needs so much work. YOUR IDEAS AND FEEDBACK MUCH NEEDED.

Thank you!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
One thing that has been bothering so much is whether recruitment is for me because I got into the recruitment field because of my friends and I wonder always whether it is my thing. I used to work as a creative visualizer in an event management company(corporate events) which I loved to the core before I got into business with my friends. I used to come up with new ideas every single day for each and every client with their upcoming events.

Only you can answer this.

Are you generally excited about tackling your day? Do you enjoy bringing value to your customers?

You don't need to be 100% passionate about your daily work, but it must bring you some level of self-fulfillment, while also giving value to society.

Now I am the one who wears lot of hats a day and I am very much loving it and focused on building and gathering people towards a particular goal / vision

I think you answered your question here?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.