The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Merging onto the Fast Lane

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 20, 2024
Hey everyone!

I'll start by thanking @MJ DeMarco for creating this awesome community and sharing a treasure of knowledge and experience with the world through his books. I'm not even done yet reading the first book and it had already steered me in a different direction. I feel a lot more inspired and excited to start a FAST LANE business and put it in the work.

I'm an experienced software solutions architect working for a Fortune 500 company. I'm originally from the middle east but have relocated to The Netherlands a couple of years ago. I have a comfortable job which pays very well. However, I'm sick of the 5-2 days trade and have been trying to escape the slowlane for a while.

A few months ago I started a blog and started writing content. In parallel, I started consuming a ton of information through reading books and watching YouTube videos. I was focused on creating content to drive traffic to my website and was more or less lost about how I'm going to make a business out of it. I was hoping I could drive enough traffic to make a few extra thousand dollars through affiliate marketing and figure out a digital product I can sell along the way.

Then I grabbed a copy of The Millionaire Fastlane and started binge reading over the past couple of weeks (thanks to Ali Abdaal for recommending the book in one of his videos). The turning point was the section about the commandments where it got me reflecting back on what I've been doing for the past few months. I realized I was violating almost all of the commandments. And then there was a chapter about thinking big and solving a profound problem and how my bank account is basically the reflection of how much value I'm giving to the world. This was very impactful and helped me make a 180 degree shift in my thinking.

Here's what happened next:
  • May 17:
    • Decided to create a SaaS which will be followed by a mobile app.
    • Spent several hours going through Reddit posts to gauge the demand for such a tool.
  • May 19: Created a mind map and a high level outline of features
  • May 20-24:
    • Created a survey to collect feedback and validate the business. It included an opt-in to a waiting list.
    • Started compiling a Reach Out database from Reddit, LinkedIn and Instagram
  • May 24: 32 people have taken the survey and 25 joined the waiting list by providing their name and email (note that I've been trying to build my email list with zero success over the past 3 months).
I look forward to engaging and learning from this community.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...