The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am The Idea Guy

Idea threads

juba.hadjal

Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
May 14, 2017
FR
Hello everyone,

My name is Juba and I live in France. I have a boy and another one coming in the next 5 to 6 months. By the way, that's not what I wanted to talk about.

After reading The Millionaire Fastlane (audio and paper) and Unscripted (Audio and Kindle version) I am now sure that I am the Idea Guy MJ talked about at the end of Unscripted .

The idea guy is described to be the kind of guys who have a strong meaning and purpose but lacks focus and execution. He jumps from an idea to another and is often reading a lot of books, easily distracted, and often don't trust his ideas potential. Great opportunities are missed because of lack of execution and lack of confidence in his ideas.

That's my very own case, I strongly believe that I can do great things but I am always trying to find excuses to jump to another big idea, leaving a lot of money on the table. Not analyzing, adjusting and listening to market mind enough.

When I focus on something I like it to be perfect which can lead to focus on the wrong things, details that don't matter, such as spend hours on a logo's color and searching for colors...

I tend to believe gurus and dive into their expensive courses, fortunately, I don't buy them but I believe that if I had the money now, I would be investing in some guru courses because I would have been easily sold.

I know my deep personality better than anyone else, and it's a pain in the a$$ to know that I have to fight against my beliefs strong to overcome my execution problems, and my lack of focus.

In the last couple of years, I have been doing things that never changed anything in my life because I didn't go deep enough to fully exploit the potential of a given idea.

to cite an example of a failed execution:

I work with a company that sells food and the needed tools to restaurants around my country and other European countries as well. The company "TransGourmet" is worth 1.3 billion dollars. I entered there because I had to work and why not acquire domain experience and try to figure out a way to make more money out of my own company.

After some meetings, the bosses pointed out that some products are hard to be picked by the modern slaves (me Included, those who prepare the orders) and that we needed a telescopic stick that can help us reach them and prepare safely.

I thought wow, that can be a great idea, all I have to do is create this stick and sell it to them.

I started modeling that unfamous stick, I tried to create a 3d model with Cinema 4d but I quit this method because I didn't know how to do it. Then I started imagining the model, the design, it had to be very short when packed up, just like a selfie-stick, and about 60 inches when deployed, just like a broom handle or shorter. I thought about going to my boss and talk to him about this after creating a prototype but this idea is gone to be replaced by another one.

I have plenty of ideas, every single day, I see problems that need to be solved, I see opportunities that should be around but I don't go far enough in my process. I focus on the potential results without setting a real strategy. I can't focus on one thing at a time.

I can be very good at brainstorming but very bad at setting thing up and running. I know it's frustrating to risk that some of my ideas are going to make someone else rich one day, and not me, but I seem to don't really care... As I know, I wouldn't be able to do anything about that.

That being said, I would love to know if there are some people who achieved great success with the same mindset that I have now?

Thank you for reading dear fastlaners :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Challenge:

Pick one idea and see it through until failure. Get obsessed with that idea until it F*cking fails. If you don’t see it through, you’re a quitter. A worthless quitter.

I too am an idea guy. I am not successful, yet. However, I am committed to an idea, and I have zero intentions of quitting. I will pursue it until failure. It’s a goal I’ve set for myself, and a goal that I intend to crush.

Niptuck MD

plutocrat-in-training
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Aug 31, 2016
NORWAY - POLAND - WEST EUROPE
Fail and fail well. The experience that you gain from working can lead to other problems you could potentially solve through your means and idea execution in the near future. keep at it and keep expanding and it will take over sooner or later.

maverick

Aspice, officio fungeris sine spe honoris ampliori
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
228%
Oct 26, 2012
Self limiting beliefs will always hold you back. Calling yourself an 'ideas man' is just a cheap excuse to procrastinate / not execute.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.