The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From north africa to ... here

LordGaga90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 16, 2023
Hey I'm lord Gaga, hasband of lady gaga (of course, it's a joke),

I grew up in a lower-middle-class family where money was always a source of problems. Like many parents, mine preached about the importance of education and getting a good job to live a comfortable life. "Work hard now to have a better future." Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy school. Sitting for hours without talking and listening to the teacher was not my thing. Despite my average performance, I managed to graduate from high school and then went on to university (higher education is free in my home country). I was waiting to get my degree so I could get a job and live the "dream."

Out of nowhere, I had the opportunity to do an internship in Paris. After a significant sacrifice from my mother to pay for the trip, I fell in love with the city... and I never left. I managed to enroll in a private school and found a company that would pay for my education while hiring me part-time. So, I had to work and study at the same time. Eventually, I obtained my diploma, and the promised dream began. I had a salary to spend without restraint. I indulged myself, going out every weekend. I'm a huge fan of electronic music, so I spent my weekends drinking and dancing in techno clubs. I maintained this lifestyle for six years. I was always in debt and sometimes had to take consumer loans to pay off my debts, but I didn't care. I thought I was living the good life. (Or at least, that's what I thought.) I worked five days a week to live for two days in the club. Where I come from, having a job is already a stroke of luck, but having a job and living in Paris is truly the ultimate achievement.

It was only a few years later, when I was 29 in 2020, that I experienced a tragedy. I lost my grandmother, two uncles, and most importantly, my father, who passed away from a heart attack. This led to a year-long depression where I refused to face reality. At the end of that year, I was so broke that I had to sell my DJ equipment that I had bought for mixing. At 30 years old, without my father and penniless, I remembered all the promises I had made to myself when I was young. I promised to never be broke and to live the life my parents had. The techno parties and Parisian lifestyle had made me forget my main goal in life: to never experience poverty again. I had a serious meeting with myself and emerged as a completely different person. I quit my job, became a freelancer, and started earning almost double what I used to. I started reading books (I had never read a book in my life), and a whole new world opened up to me. Despite earning a good income, I managed to save 50% of my salary while still enjoying myself. However, I was still working five days a week, so I started looking for articles and videos on how to make even more money without having to work that much. That's when I came across the book "The Millionaire Next Door." I read nearly 50 pages, and the book made me laugh more than anything else. I couldn't imagine not going to restaurants (I live in Paris, and I love good food). It's impossible for me to give up dining out, and I also enjoy going on vacations to remote places, away from everything.

I thought there must be another way to make money at a young age and enjoy my youth. That's when I stumbled upon James Jani's video, "How to Create Wealth." It hit me hard, and I immediately went and bought the book "The Millionaire Fastlane ," which I read in two weeks. I then followed up with "Unscripted ," and now I'm reading the third book. These books have given me so much strength, and I love the punk side of MJ, who doesn't give a damn about anyone. I have that side too. MJ, if you read this and you are around Paris anytime, would be a pleasure to hang out :D

I have an appointment next week with an accountant to start my own business. As a computer engineer, I immediately identified a problem to solve that had been right under my nose for years, but I just didn't see it. There are two solutions on the market, but both are complicated to use. I'm also starting an MBA in November, which I'm not paying for, and it's a specialized MBA in entrepreneurship, so I didn't hesitate to enroll.

That's my story. Thank you to everyone who reads it, and I will keep you updated on my progress.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Subsonic

How you do anything is how you do everything
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Aug 16, 2022
Germany
Hey I'm lord Gaga, hasband of lady gaga (of course, it's a joke),

I grew up in a lower-middle-class family where money was always a source of problems. Like many parents, mine preached about the importance of education and getting a good job to live a comfortable life. "Work hard now to have a better future." Unfortunately, I didn't enjoy school. Sitting for hours without talking and listening to the teacher was not my thing. Despite my average performance, I managed to graduate from high school and then went on to university (higher education is free in my home country). I was waiting to get my degree so I could get a job and live the "dream."

Out of nowhere, I had the opportunity to do an internship in Paris. After a significant sacrifice from my mother to pay for the trip, I fell in love with the city... and I never left. I managed to enroll in a private school and found a company that would pay for my education while hiring me part-time. So, I had to work and study at the same time. Eventually, I obtained my diploma, and the promised dream began. I had a salary to spend without restraint. I indulged myself, going out every weekend. I'm a huge fan of electronic music, so I spent my weekends drinking and dancing in techno clubs. I maintained this lifestyle for six years. I was always in debt and sometimes had to take consumer loans to pay off my debts, but I didn't care. I thought I was living the good life. (Or at least, that's what I thought.) I worked five days a week to live for two days in the club. Where I come from, having a job is already a stroke of luck, but having a job and living in Paris is truly the ultimate achievement.

It was only a few years later, when I was 29 in 2020, that I experienced a tragedy. I lost my grandmother, two uncles, and most importantly, my father, who passed away from a heart attack. This led to a year-long depression where I refused to face reality. At the end of that year, I was so broke that I had to sell my DJ equipment that I had bought for mixing. At 30 years old, without my father and penniless, I remembered all the promises I had made to myself when I was young. I promised to never be broke and to live the life my parents had. The techno parties and Parisian lifestyle had made me forget my main goal in life: to never experience poverty again. I had a serious meeting with myself and emerged as a completely different person. I quit my job, became a freelancer, and started earning almost double what I used to. I started reading books (I had never read a book in my life), and a whole new world opened up to me. Despite earning a good income, I managed to save 50% of my salary while still enjoying myself. However, I was still working five days a week, so I started looking for articles and videos on how to make even more money without having to work that much. That's when I came across the book "The Millionaire Next Door." I read nearly 50 pages, and the book made me laugh more than anything else. I couldn't imagine not going to restaurants (I live in Paris, and I love good food). It's impossible for me to give up dining out, and I also enjoy going on vacations to remote places, away from everything.

I thought there must be another way to make money at a young age and enjoy my youth. That's when I stumbled upon James Jani's video, "How to Create Wealth." It hit me hard, and I immediately went and bought the book "The Millionaire Fastlane ," which I read in two weeks. I then followed up with "Unscripted ," and now I'm reading the third book. These books have given me so much strength, and I love the punk side of MJ, who doesn't give a damn about anyone. I have that side too. And he's handsome as well, which is a refreshing change from the fugly millionaires who are only rich because no girl wanted to talk to them. MJ, if you read this and you are around Paris anytime, would be a pleasure to hang out :D

I have an appointment next week with an accountant to start my own business. As a computer engineer, I immediately identified a problem to solve that had been right under my nose for years, but I just didn't see it. There are two solutions on the market, but both are complicated to use. I'm also starting an MBA in November, which I'm not paying for, and it's a specialized MBA in entrepreneurship, so I didn't hesitate to enroll.

That's my story. Thank you to everyone who reads it, and I will keep you updated on my progress.
Ay man I see you going places. Not only do you have a great life story and the vocabulary to tell it in a captivating way, you are also a action taker.
A mba is not strictly needed and (some people say) helpful but do as you think is right. If you have a problem you can solve and the skills to do so you will no doubt archive something. I hope to hear from you again on your journey.

LordGaga90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
70%
May 16, 2023
Ay man I see you going places. Not only do you have a great life story and the vocabulary to tell it in a captivating way, you are also a action taker.
A mba is not strictly needed and (some people say) helpful but do as you think is right. If you have a problem you can solve and the skills to do so you will no doubt archive something. I hope to hear from you again on your journey.
Thanks for your kind words.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...