The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

From Employee to Employer

rsmillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 17, 2017
Madrid
I had joined Fastlane forum a year back just after finishing the Millionaire Fastlane . It made a deep fundamental change in how I approach and why time is extremely valuable. I did not quit my job instantly, however, I did many "hard" preparations both financially, physically and mentally.

I have to accept though that resigning my high paying job was not an easy decision. The first thing I did on the financial front was to stop getting indebted and clear of all my past dues. It was simply because I was at a stage where I was making enough money. One blind thing I was doing before was spending more money than I was earning. Stopping or curbing the outflow helped me aggressively close off all the debt I had. Still, I had to do some convincing with my family that leaving the job is not that big a deal (for them it was). I eventually succeeded in doing so.

Next the physical aspect. Tuning myself physically and enduring physical pain gave and improved my pain withstanding ability. Doing things out of impulse was something I did a lot. For instance, starting a habit and not following up. Taking up a resolution and not honouring it. I am very confident I was consistent with 99% of the masses when it came to procrastination. However, "perseverance" was one of the most valuable skills I had to develop and I did develop.

Another important aspect was to train me mentally. Both on a strategic level and on a deeper level using meditation techniques like Transcendental Meditation and Vipassana. Again, perseverance was the key here. Example, I meditate 2 hours every day continuously. My maximum streak (current streak) is 340 days and counting. When you have such a discipline, the focus is almost a no-brainer.

Before I had quit my current job, one thing I knew (not trying to be brag) was that I was really good at whatever I was doing. Only that I was not knowing it. However, after creating a vigorous book reading habit, I slowly started to understand the science behind it. Two important books that helped me were Cal Newport's Deep Work and Anders Ericsson's Peak. So, I registered my own company and had it in a dormant stage waiting to hit at the right moment only later to realise that there was no right moment. So, I went ahead and let my decision know to my bosses. That day was an important day because I had extremely good counter offers proposed that were very tempting like doubled salary, Entrepreneur in Residence opportunities and many more. However, one of the main commandments - Commandment of Control was missing. I still would not be having 100% Authority in any decision I make. Hence I persisted with my decision to quit.

October of 2017, I acquired a new client and started doing business. Having seen me quit and being a free agent, an offer came from another of my ex-colleague who happened to be a VP in a different company. He did not even hesitate to book me. So I started working for two clients. During this time, I had already recruited a couple of folks. Because Commandment of Time will eventually catch up and I will not be able to trade my time for money.

By the end of 2017, we were 7 member team. Starting June 11 2017, My 12th employee will be joining which make my company a 14 member team. I would love to explain the process more in detail, perhaps in a differnt post.

Here is my company : A company that can accelerate your business
Here are my discipline logs: Braga brags...: 2017 - A personal review
Braga brags...: 2016 - You were too good to me! 2017 - Here I come with more vigor!

Cheers!
Braga

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

rsmillion

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jan 17, 2017
Madrid
Update: As of today, my company has 34 employees. And I am partnering with another company in Europe and doing good! Thanks, TMF !

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...