I had joined Fastlane forum a year back just after finishing the Millionaire Fastlane . It made a deep fundamental change in how I approach and why time is extremely valuable. I did not quit my job instantly, however, I did many "hard" preparations both financially, physically and mentally.
I have to accept though that resigning my high paying job was not an easy decision. The first thing I did on the financial front was to stop getting indebted and clear of all my past dues. It was simply because I was at a stage where I was making enough money. One blind thing I was doing before was spending more money than I was earning. Stopping or curbing the outflow helped me aggressively close off all the debt I had. Still, I had to do some convincing with my family that leaving the job is not that big a deal (for them it was). I eventually succeeded in doing so.
Next the physical aspect. Tuning myself physically and enduring physical pain gave and improved my pain withstanding ability. Doing things out of impulse was something I did a lot. For instance, starting a habit and not following up. Taking up a resolution and not honouring it. I am very confident I was consistent with 99% of the masses when it came to procrastination. However, "perseverance" was one of the most valuable skills I had to develop and I did develop.
Another important aspect was to train me mentally. Both on a strategic level and on a deeper level using meditation techniques like Transcendental Meditation and Vipassana. Again, perseverance was the key here. Example, I meditate 2 hours every day continuously. My maximum streak (current streak) is 340 days and counting. When you have such a discipline, the focus is almost a no-brainer.
Before I had quit my current job, one thing I knew (not trying to be brag) was that I was really good at whatever I was doing. Only that I was not knowing it. However, after creating a vigorous book reading habit, I slowly started to understand the science behind it. Two important books that helped me were Cal Newport's Deep Work and Anders Ericsson's Peak. So, I registered my own company and had it in a dormant stage waiting to hit at the right moment only later to realise that there was no right moment. So, I went ahead and let my decision know to my bosses. That day was an important day because I had extremely good counter offers proposed that were very tempting like doubled salary, Entrepreneur in Residence opportunities and many more. However, one of the main commandments - Commandment of Control was missing. I still would not be having 100% Authority in any decision I make. Hence I persisted with my decision to quit.
October of 2017, I acquired a new client and started doing business. Having seen me quit and being a free agent, an offer came from another of my ex-colleague who happened to be a VP in a different company. He did not even hesitate to book me. So I started working for two clients. During this time, I had already recruited a couple of folks. Because Commandment of Time will eventually catch up and I will not be able to trade my time for money.
By the end of 2017, we were 7 member team. Starting June 11 2017, My 12th employee will be joining which make my company a 14 member team. I would love to explain the process more in detail, perhaps in a differnt post.
Here is my company : A company that can accelerate your business
Here are my discipline logs: Braga brags...: 2017 - A personal review
Braga brags...: 2016 - You were too good to me! 2017 - Here I come with more vigor!
Cheers!
Braga
I have to accept though that resigning my high paying job was not an easy decision. The first thing I did on the financial front was to stop getting indebted and clear of all my past dues. It was simply because I was at a stage where I was making enough money. One blind thing I was doing before was spending more money than I was earning. Stopping or curbing the outflow helped me aggressively close off all the debt I had. Still, I had to do some convincing with my family that leaving the job is not that big a deal (for them it was). I eventually succeeded in doing so.
Next the physical aspect. Tuning myself physically and enduring physical pain gave and improved my pain withstanding ability. Doing things out of impulse was something I did a lot. For instance, starting a habit and not following up. Taking up a resolution and not honouring it. I am very confident I was consistent with 99% of the masses when it came to procrastination. However, "perseverance" was one of the most valuable skills I had to develop and I did develop.
Another important aspect was to train me mentally. Both on a strategic level and on a deeper level using meditation techniques like Transcendental Meditation and Vipassana. Again, perseverance was the key here. Example, I meditate 2 hours every day continuously. My maximum streak (current streak) is 340 days and counting. When you have such a discipline, the focus is almost a no-brainer.
Before I had quit my current job, one thing I knew (not trying to be brag) was that I was really good at whatever I was doing. Only that I was not knowing it. However, after creating a vigorous book reading habit, I slowly started to understand the science behind it. Two important books that helped me were Cal Newport's Deep Work and Anders Ericsson's Peak. So, I registered my own company and had it in a dormant stage waiting to hit at the right moment only later to realise that there was no right moment. So, I went ahead and let my decision know to my bosses. That day was an important day because I had extremely good counter offers proposed that were very tempting like doubled salary, Entrepreneur in Residence opportunities and many more. However, one of the main commandments - Commandment of Control was missing. I still would not be having 100% Authority in any decision I make. Hence I persisted with my decision to quit.
October of 2017, I acquired a new client and started doing business. Having seen me quit and being a free agent, an offer came from another of my ex-colleague who happened to be a VP in a different company. He did not even hesitate to book me. So I started working for two clients. During this time, I had already recruited a couple of folks. Because Commandment of Time will eventually catch up and I will not be able to trade my time for money.
By the end of 2017, we were 7 member team. Starting June 11 2017, My 12th employee will be joining which make my company a 14 member team. I would love to explain the process more in detail, perhaps in a differnt post.
Here is my company : A company that can accelerate your business
Here are my discipline logs: Braga brags...: 2017 - A personal review
Braga brags...: 2016 - You were too good to me! 2017 - Here I come with more vigor!
Cheers!
Braga
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
