The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Anything related to matters of the mind

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
It's been 3 months since i read TMF and decided to go the entrepreneurial route, i'm a broken 18-year-old kid that still lives with their parents, and it has been tough, not economically as i still have people taking care of me, but all the things i have tried so far have failed miserably, my app barely got any active users, at the time i was pretty sure it fitted CENTS pretty well, except for entry, but there is still no competition, so maybe i was just wrong, my gadget to hide the bezels of triple monitors was just a massive waste of time and unpractical, as i had to scrap it in the end.

I understand that persistence is important, and my first attempts were going to be a failure regardless, it's just been frustrating to keep moving forward, it's ironic as one my posts in this forum was telling people how important it is to keep moving forward when you are stuck and frustrated in app development, but i can't think of anything anymore, i think it might be my lack of experience in the real world, most of my life has been in front of a computer, the only marketable skills i have are programming and being bilingual, and i know there are likely a bazillion opportunities for people with those skill sets out there i just can't see them, i have been thinking of getting a job in a development firm to see what kind of projects they work on, but i'm afraid that it will just slowly suck me into the slowlane, like how MJ worked as a limbo driver before building his business.

I'm in the last year of high school and have been doing the bare minimum to make my parents happy, and focusing as much as possible in finding my first business/doing my hassles to raise money, at times i really feel like just giving up and going the government employ route which everyone wants me to go, do an entrance exam, get paid for pretending to work for 40 years, and retire with all the benefits you could think of, my "reasons" go something like this: "oh well uuuuh.... entrepreneurship is for westerners! People in my third world shithole don't have the disposable income to sustain business that aren't already big!", "but... but....the WEF will take everything I own, and I will be happy in a few years, why bother building assets?!", "the world is entering a food and energy crisis, all the non-essential business will go broke and all the essential ones are already too big for me to compete!(don't bother with the fact a lot of what MJ says is that you only need to do it better in a few ways) and they will probably get nationalized either way!".

Then i come to this forum and realize all of that is just me trying to rationalize being afraid and lazy, i already decided what i wanted for my life going forward, I feel stuck in this phase of starting rolling the momentum, nothing i do works, nothing i conceive feels feasible, sorry to make you read this entire rant, if anything i really just wanted to ask if you have ever been in a situation like this, and what did you do about it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kevin88660

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
118%
Feb 8, 2019
Southeast Asia
i have been thinking of getting a job in a development firm to see what kind of projects they work on, but i'm afraid that it will just slowly suck me into the slowlane, like how MJ worked as a limbo driver before building his business.
I think this mindset is holding you back as you believe that since you wanted to be an entrepreneur you should never work for someone else.

This is different from working for a job and resigning to fate that you will retire at 65 after working for someone else for a whole life.

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
I think this mindset is holding you back as you believe that since you wanted to be an entrepreneur you should never work for someone else.

This is different from working for a job and resigning to fate that you will retire at 65 after working for someone else for a whole life.
That's interesting, i never stopped to think about that, so do you think it would be beneficial to work for someone else as the means to get my hands dirty and learn?

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Many feelings in your post. You are in an introspective mode, which can make it hard to see cues in your environment. Please post some numbers that help us understand the 'failures.'

How much time did you spend? How much money? How many people did you reach out to? What were the main obstacles?

If you give up now, you seem to know what your future will be like. If you persist, it is unknown how long it will take, what you will achieve, or if you will even achieve anything. You fear the unknown, but the unknown is also very exciting.

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
(sent it by accident, i don't know how to delete it so i will just edit it and put the full thing in here once i'm done sorry for the ping)

(couldn't add quotes in edit mode)

Last edited:

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
Please post some numbers that help us understand the 'failures.'

My first project was an app that lets students read the books for all federal entrance exams in my country, i wasn't expecting it to make much money but at least to have people use it.

As for numbers, it took me 2 months to put it together, although i could probably have done it in 2 weeks max if i wasn't wasting so much time with instant gratification, i'm still working in discipline, and it has been improving a lot.

I launched it last Friday, i had a lot of support from family members and teachers posting it all over Facebook and Instagram, it went up to about 21 active installations in the 15th (it takes 2 days for it to update analytics) and in the last report it has fallen to 18, there is a warning in the play store dashboard saying that some installs are being ignored due to internal issues they are resolving, but from the analytics i have from unity it seems those are very close to the real numbers, so if even with people sharing it all over the place it can barely get 2 digits i imagine i misjudged the actual need for it, and it also made no money so far.

The second project was a contraption that would hide the bezels for multi-monitor setups, it worked great in theory, and i found a friend of a family member with the means to produce a prototype, i was really excited for this one, as from the research i did the only competitor was an Asus kit that is way overpriced, and it's something that i know a lot of people i personally know would be interested in.

Ultimately, the idea was cheap and easy in theory, but while putting together the model to 3D print, it became clear that it would be too heavy for a monitor, and that the image was not going to be as clear as i hoped it would, so i ultimately scrapped it.

It took about 2 weeks from idea to pre-prototyping.

The third idea was an app that would let you make orders from any business from your home, with no extra charge to the costumer, as it would be paid by the business owner (about $20USD monthly), now looking back it was always nonsensical as WhatsApp already exists, but nonetheless i moved forward and talked about it to some local restaurants and gyms, and they all said it would only be worth for them if the app already had many users, i even thought about giving them the app for free to try to build a small costumer base, but the more i think about it the less logical it seems, as WhatsApp already does that for free and everyone already uses it.

It took about 3 days from idea to discard.

So now i'm looking for the next thing to do.

(not many actual numbers now that i wrote it down huh)

What were the main obstacles?
While working in those 3, i believed my main problem was the lack of capital to invest, but now i see it as more of a lack of courage from my part to ask people if they are interested in investing, hell even talking to people about my apps make me feel like one of those pesky salesman that takes advantage of people's politeness.

Your comments too, it made me start to think about everything i have been through, and now i see my problem as being my mentality and how i'm approaching things, risk reduction as a wanna-be entrepreneur sounds so counter-intuitive, and yet i have been going about everything as if failing will cost me my life, i'm aware of it, and yet i can't seem to move past it, finding ideas has been hard too.

If you could elaborate further into introspection i would appreciate it because from what i have been searching it seems interesting.

If you give up now, you seem to know what your future will be like. If you persist, it is unknown how long it will take, what you will achieve, or if you will even achieve anything. You fear the unknown, but the unknown is also very exciting.
You are right, i think realizing that potential by turning it into something real is what the fastlane is all about.

DavidePaco00

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
116%
Jul 27, 2022
It's been 3 months since i read TMF and decided to go the entrepreneurial route, i'm a broken 18-year-old kid that still lives with their parents, and it has been tough, not economically as i still have people taking care of me, but all the things i have tried so far have failed miserably, my app barely got any active users, at the time i was pretty sure it fitted CENTS pretty well, except for entry, but there is still no competition, so maybe i was just wrong, my gadget to hide the bezels of triple monitors was just a massive waste of time and unpractical, as i had to scrap it in the end.

I understand that persistence is important, and my first attempts were going to be a failure regardless, it's just been frustrating to keep moving forward, it's ironic as one my posts in this forum was telling people how important it is to keep moving forward when you are stuck and frustrated in app development, but i can't think of anything anymore, i think it might be my lack of experience in the real world, most of my life has been in front of a computer, the only marketable skills i have are programming and being bilingual, and i know there are likely a bazillion opportunities for people with those skill sets out there i just can't see them, i have been thinking of getting a job in a development firm to see what kind of projects they work on, but i'm afraid that it will just slowly suck me into the slowlane, like how MJ worked as a limbo driver before building his business.

I'm in the last year of high school and have been doing the bare minimum to make my parents happy, and focusing as much as possible in finding my first business/doing my hassles to raise money, at times i really feel like just giving up and going the government employ route which everyone wants me to go, do an entrance exam, get paid for pretending to work for 40 years, and retire with all the benefits you could think of, my "reasons" go something like this: "oh well uuuuh.... entrepreneurship is for westerners! People in my third world shithole don't have the disposable income to sustain business that aren't already big!", "but... but....the WEF will take everything I own, and I will be happy in a few years, why bother building assets?!", "the world is entering a food and energy crisis, all the non-essential business will go broke and all the essential ones are already too big for me to compete!(don't bother with the fact a lot of what MJ says is that you only need to do it better in a few ways) and they will probably get nationalized either way!".

Then i come to this forum and realize all of that is just me trying to rationalize being afraid and lazy, i already decided what i wanted for my life going forward, I feel stuck in this phase of starting rolling the momentum, nothing i do works, nothing i conceive feels feasible, sorry to make you read this entire rant, if anything i really just wanted to ask if you have ever been in a situation like this, and what did you do about it.
No man , don't give up.

Things are not supposed to work after a few months, it takes YEARS of dedicated work before results begin to manifestate theirself.

"How do i Improve my Odds then?"

WORK, WORK , WORK...

and Learn.

Things are not supposed to work right away, if You stop, for sure they don't work.

Now, dry Your tears and continue Your path, wheter You think You deserve the prize or not, depends on You.

Davide

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo

There's probably a couple of reasons on why you feel this way. I've been there as well about a year ago and here's what I've learned so far. Mind you, I've been in this game for a little over 2 years now so I'm still a noob lol. There are people who are way more qualified than me to talk about this.

1. Dude, you've been an entrepreneur for only 3 months. Great things take time. Sure, it'd be amazing to be a billionaire in 3 months like what a lot of these fake online programpreneurs claim it is with rented Lamborghinis and houses and all that shit. If it was easy then everyone would be a successful entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship is very hard. It's the hardest path you can take in life but it is also the most rewarding one if you do the work, learn from your mistakes and apply that over time. Entrepreneurship has the highest compensation package out of anything there is. Just like what MJ said in one of his latest podcast episodes: "You don't build a business, the business builds you". Which leads into:
2. Think about the process and not so much about the event. I'm gonna plug my boy here Andy Frisella here. Who's by the way, ridiculously successful. Been using his powerlist system for over a year now and it has helped me tremendously in many aspects of my life. Watch this episode here for more info:
What he's basically saying is that too many people are so obsessed about the end result aka the millions of dollars, cars, a beautiful body etc. and not about the daily actions that are required to get there. This will help you out a lot, because at this point in your life you feel like you're worthless or that you've failed. That is just a temporary feeling unless you decide to change it. Start with the small daily actions THAT will eventually build your confidence and give you the momentum back.

The Powerlist is all about setting daily actionable steps, things THAT YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER. Not goals, but steps towards your goals. Here's what mine looked like today:
1. Send 50 DMs today
2. Read 20 pages of a self development book.
3. Call Mr.X and talk to him about his social media strategy
4. Do a full body lift.
5. Follow up with 20 agency clients.

Once you get all the tasks done, write a big W on the page. If not, write an L. Even if you missed one point on the list, that's a lost day. You could do more. Point is, you want to chase excellence and win as many days as you can.

3. Surround yourself with winners. It's like that saying, you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. If you're around 5 broke losers, you'll be the 6th one. If you're around 5 multi-millionaires who talk about ideas, you'll be the 6th one soon. Forums like this one, webinars, seminars or the war room are great sources for information. You need to see that it's possible with your own eyes by expanding your belief systems and that will happen once you'll level up your social circle. Here's a harsh reality of life. 99.9% of people who are born broke, stay broke, die broke, it's the ultimate truth. A lot of people are like "Nah, your time will come. Just be patient" blah blah blah. No, if you don't change and take action then nothing is going to happen. Just the fact that you social circle thinks you're a loser makes it so much harder to escape, so you got to change that. It's all vibration that is sent to the universe.

Hope it helps.

Last edited:

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
No man , don't give up.

Things are not supposed to work after a few months, it takes YEARS of dedicated work before results begin to manifestate theirself.

"How do i Improve my Odds then?"

WORK, WORK , WORK...

and Learn.

Things are not supposed to work right away, if You stop, for sure they don't work.

Now, dry Your tears and continue Your path, wheter You think You deserve the prize or not, depends on You.

Davide
Thanks for that, it cheered me up more than you can imagine!

There's probably a couple of reasons on why you feel this way. I've been there as well about a year ago and here's what I've learned so far. Mind you, I've been in this game for a little over 2 years now so I'm still a noob lol. There are people who are way more qualified than me to talk about this.

1. Dude, you've been an entrepreneur for only 3 months. Great things take time. Sure, it'd be amazing to be a billionaire in 3 months like what a lot of these fake online programpreneurs claim it is with rented Lamborghinis and houses and all that shit. If it was easy then everyone would be a successful entrepreneur. Entrepreneurship is very hard. It's the hardest path you can take in life but it is also the most rewarding one if you do the work, learn from your mistakes and apply that over time. Entrepreneurship has the highest compensation package out of anything there is. Just like what MJ said in one of his latest podcast: "You don't build a business, the business builds you". Which leads into:
2. Think about the process and not so much about the event. I'm gonna plug my boy here Andy Frisella here. Been using his powerlist system for over a year now and it has helped me tremendously in many aspects of my life. Watch this episode here for more info:
What he's basically saying is that too many people are so obsessed about the end result aka the millions of dollars, cars, a beautiful body etc. and not about the daily actions that are required to get there. This will help you out a lot, because at this point in your life you feel like you're worthless or that you've failed. That is just a temporary feeling unless you decide to change it. Start with the small daily actions THAT will eventually build your confidence and give you the momentum back.

The Powerlist is all about setting daily actionable steps, things THAT YOU HAVE CONTROL OVER. Not goals, but steps towards your goals. Here's what mine
1. Send 50 DMs today
2. Read 20 pages of a self development book.
3. Call Mr.X and talk to him about his social media strategy
4. Do a full body lift.
5. Follow up with 20 agency clients.

3. Surround yourself with winners. It's like that saying, you are the average of the 5 people you spend the most time with. If you're around 5 broke losers, you'll be the 6th one. If you're around 5 multi-millionaires who talk about ideas, you'll be the 6th one soon. Forums like this one, webinars, seminars or the war room are great sources for information. You need to see that it's possible with your own eyes by expanding your belief systems and that will happen once you'll level up your social circle. Here's a harsh reality of life. 99.9% of people who are born broke, stay broke, die broke, it's the ultimate truth. A lot of people are like "Nah, your time will come. Just be patient" blah blah blah. No, if you don't change and take action then nothing is going to happen. Just the fact that you social circle thinks you're a loser makes it so much harder to escape, so you got to change that. It's all vibration that is sent to the universe.

Hope it helps.
You are right, i will give a listen thanks for sharing it!

Getting advice from people that are also going this path or that already made it really helps, even more when you are feeling stuck inside your own head, I'm really glad that places like this forum exist.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
Found the WEF comment funny. It is actually one of the reasons that keeps me motivated.
Managing to get a reasonable business going is probably the best insurance for life in a WEF orchestrated world.
The average person will get the bare minimum to get by, producers will do well in that world.

Also liked the part about the "limbo" driver :).

If you actually did what you wrote you did (talked to local business owners - some people lie about doing the uncomfortable parts of idea validation) then keep going. Yes, there are many bitter pills to swallow.
It just shows that you have gotten a little ahead of yourself with your expectations. That doesn't mean everything is BS, it means things are not quite as easy as you hoped and you can think about how you can pivot to improve the odds.
This is probably one mentality shift that you can benefit from:
assume that you just have hypotheses of how the business world works and by working on a business you prove or disprove them and then come up with new assumptions to test.

You seem to be going for the hard problems. Especially if you feel you are doing okay as a programmer, then consider finding something really doable and pursue the s*** out of that. It will be hard enough to be persistent and productize / market it properly.
You mention app programming ... how are your skills in the backend world? I personally think more value is created in the backend, the app is mostly an afterthought for me, currently. Maybe getting into microservices and different technology stacks will bring new impulses and open new doors.
There are so many low level tools and libraries. Many of them are just waiting for someone to create a SaaS consumer product based on them.

If you really worry about the limited potential for businesses in "underdog countries", think about what Jetbrains has accomplished. If you manage to gain trust and your branding doesn't scream "cheap and unreliable", then there is potential pretty much anywhere. Given you English you should be fine there.

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
Found the WEF comment funny. It is actually one of the reasons that keeps me motivated.
Managing to get a reasonable business going is probably the best insurance for life in a WEF orchestrated world.
The average person will get the bare minimum to get by, producers will do well in that world.
Hahaha in my mind they were just gonna nationalise everything/give it to their corporate friends.

You mention app programming ... how are your skills in the backend world?
Not great if i am to be honest, all the apps i have done so far have been built in Unity, which is more of a game engine, i know C and C++ a bit, but the only language i dominate 100% is C#, it is something i'm commited in expanding however.

There are so many low level tools and libraries. Many of them are just waiting for someone to create a SaaS consumer product based on them.
SaaS and Digital Marketing have always scared me for some reason, it seems like you need to be really good at what you do to have a shot at both of those, but i guess that's why i see them so much in this forum, and fair enough, that's why it's fastlane.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
SaaS and Digital Marketing have always scared me for some reason, ...
Don't let a sentiment stop you from evaluating things.

... it seems like you need to be really good at what you do to have a shot at both of those, but i guess that's why i see them so much in this forum, and fair enough, that's why it's fastlane.
Not sure, I think programming services have been commoditized. You'd go through an awkward phase where things are daunting and confusing, but after a few month you'd be starting to get it (given you read the proper tutorials and documentation). People just don't build polished products enough (or compelling specialized units, as the books call them).

Thought about it a little. My unreflected initial response would have been that it is easy to get started, but I suppose there are quite a few basic skills that you'd have to acquire first.

I'll still pitch this, because I think people are sorely misled by the popularity of the terms "App Programming", with WhatsApp as a success story.
If the plan for one of your future projects is to outsource the backend part later and then the efforts explode and the backend makes up 90% of your code base, then you won't be in a great spot.
Ideally you'd use both WSL 2 for local development and have an unmanaged virtual Linux server (around $5 - $10 per month) for comparison. WSL 2 (with Linux in a Virtual Machine) has some interesting limitations.
Using ssh and scp to connect to the server and push files around, securing a webserver with TLS ... editing configuration files with vim or nano ... those are the basic skills that can be very frustrating to acquire.
Even just having a virtual server for a month and connecting via PuTTY and WinSCP would probably be a valuable learning experience.

Something that won't work is studying the theory and then working on a big project right away. You'd have to work on several smaller projects to figure out how things work, but once those initial hurdles are out of the way, you can start putting things together pretty quickly.

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
Don't let a sentiment stop you from evaluating things.

Not sure, I think programming services have been commoditized. You'd go through an awkward phase where things are daunting and confusing, but after a few month you'd be starting to get it (given you read the proper tutorials and documentation). People just don't build polished products enough (or compelling specialized units, as the books call them).

Thought about it a little. My unreflected initial response would have been that it is easy to get started, but I suppose there are quite a few basic skills that you'd have to acquire first.

I'll still pitch this, because I think people are sorely misled by the popularity of the terms "App Programming", with WhatsApp as a success story.
If the plan for one of your future projects is to outsource the backend part later and then the efforts explode and the backend makes up 90% of your code base, then you won't be in a great spot.
Ideally you'd use both WSL 2 for local development and have an unmanaged virtual Linux server (around $5 - $10 per month) for comparison. WSL 2 (with Linux in a Virtual Machine) has some interesting limitations.
Using ssh and scp to connect to the server and push files around, securing a webserver with TLS ... editing configuration files with vim or nano ... those are the basic skills that can be very frustrating to acquire.
Even just having a virtual server for a month and connecting via PuTTY and WinSCP would probably be a valuable learning experience.

Something that won't work is studying the theory and then working on a big project right away. You'd have to work on several smaller projects to figure out how things work, but once those initial hurdles are out of the way, you can start putting things together pretty quickly.
I still have no clue what half of those words mean but i will figure out how to setup the server and learn as i go, thanks for giving me a direction!

msufan

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
202%
Mar 13, 2013
@MJ DeMarco -- this is obviously a huge niche market for you to fill. Possibly the literal #1 thing that comes up on this forum is Fastlane for teens. They misread your work and seem to think that if they just quit school and create an app, success should come instantly. Didn't you say one time that you were working on a modified Fastlane philosophy for kids?

fastlane_dad

8 Figure Fastlane Graduate
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
637%
Jun 20, 2017
Scottsdale, AZ
You're 18, have tried a few things in last 3 months and whining that you haven't made it yet? You got a long road to go my brother. Buckle up, grab yourself a coffee -- and get back to work. What makes you think you are so 'broken' at your stage of life? If you have (enough) food, running water, electricity, internet connection, a roof over your head and a set of loving parents you are WAY way ahead of the game.

Think, Plan, Act, Read, Iterate and Repeat. This is a process - and a LONG one at that. Think long term. Work on building up a brand. Put in hours without 'expecting' anything in return - for anywhere from up to 1-5 years. Hang around these forums. Bounce ideas of other people that are where you want to go.

Think about your immediate path right up ahead. Where are you going next 2-4 years?

Check this thread. How are you going to fund your life in the immediate future? Do you have a job?

At 18 I was basically still in my diapers, didn't know my right hand from my left.

Good luck on your journey, we are here to help!

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
I still have no clue what half of those words mean but i will figure out how to setup the server and learn as i go, thanks for giving me a direction!
What I wrote is just a pitch. Looking into this can open doors for you but it might as well be a detour or distraction right now.
Maybe you have different goals, maybe you want to go in the direction of physical products again.
My goal was not to make you feel like you have to act on this now. I just wanted to provide one impulse.

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
@MJ DeMarco -- this is obviously a huge niche market for you to fill. Possibly the literal #1 thing that comes up on this forum is Fastlane for teens. They misread your work and seem to think that if they just quit school and create an app, success should come instantly. Didn't you say one time that you were working on a modified Fastlane philosophy for kids?
I viewed the app more as a side hussle than fastlane material but yeah, i'm always up for more content from MJ specially if it's targeted towards me.

How are you going to fund your life in the immediate future? Do you have a job?
I will give it a read!

That's what i have been thinking about, the first plan was to make side hassles to help my parents pay for stuff so i'm not just leeching them off, porting games i made for game jams into the play store, the app etc, all the "low-hanging fruit" that is fast enough for me to accomplish while i learn more.

But now i'm considering getting a job in a development firm that uses Unity, preferably remote, i already have an international certification from unity itself, and lots of completed projects to show, so as a temporary thing it could work while i figure out what the F*ck i'm doing.

I have also thought about going into college for a CS degree, most high paying jobs ask for at least a technician formation(i don't know how it would translate into english) which takes about 2 years to complete, a "full" bachelor in computer science would take 5, i can only afford to get into public universities and i heard really bad things about their teachers, and how they tend to hold off students they don't like.

Thanks for the awakening call, hearing from people who already made it keeps my delusions in check.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
This might be my favorite Freudian misspelling ever. I've created a few "side hassles" of my own over the years, unfortunately.
Years ago a friend said something and I laughed and mistakenly teased him at his Freudian "strip". Doh.

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
Part of me wants to edit it out but i guess it's part of the thread now hahaha.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.