The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing Things vs Doing the Right Things

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Hi guys,

I have been absent from the forum for a good few months. Although I have officially climbed out of depression (anyone interested in the background of my story please check this link), I have caught myself in 'Analysis Paralysis' once again. I am pretty sure some of the forum members have dealt with a similar situation themselves, therefore I am sharing my story with a hope of getting some insight as to what track I should pursue...

It all started one year ago. I began writing CV and Cover Letters and thought I am going to build myself a reputation in this niche - CV and Cover Letter services for Lithuanians living in Ireland and United Kingdom. One by one my reputation grew and people started asking different stuff - for instance, business plans, which I accepted to write, then academic projects, which I also accepted to write and so on... quickly I found myself doing all kinds of things. I am good at mastering skills, so results are good - people referring me to others. However, this is not a business I want to have - this is just a job that pays like €25 per hour, which is not that bad considering I have no travel expenses and time spent traveling can be used on doing projects.

Here's the trick...first of all, if I continue doing all of these activities, I will not be professional at any of them. Another issue is that I will probably create myself a reputation of a guy that does all types of things at a mediocre level (I am quiet good at what I do at the moment, but could be a lot better if I concentrated on single thing - maybe CV and Cover Letters).

As this is not enough, I have a solid fast-lane business idea that has a great potential. I have tested market and they're giving thumbs up. It would take me roughly a good month to launch this idea into a market, or even less and I could keep working on the system to turn it into a fast-lane business model with a potential of selling it within 2-3 years to indirect competitors.

No, this is not all...I am also thinking of trying myself on Amazon arena. I have collected enough funds for that and believe Amazon could provide me with a lot better opportunity when it comes to creating a business model that works autonomously or semi-autonomously than my current JOB business.

Ok, where's the catch?

I am being somewhat realistic. I will park Amazon idea until mid-summer and would like to give a proper shot at mentioned business idea that has been verified and has a good potential of turning into a fast-lane business model. However...

When people knock my door, holding cash and asking to write something, let's say a business plan...I'm too tempted to take money and continue crawling at €25/h. Then, I feel somewhat exhausted to work on my business idea and it's been like this for several months now...

Here's what's my current plan:

Although I'm still working on discipline, I have a daily schedule with a total of 12 hours of hustle time allocated each day - I work 6 days a week and leave Sunday for relaxation/reflection. So, my current strategy is to leave 3 hours to whatever projects come my way - CV or Cover Letters, academic projects, business plans, whatever...if nothing comes, I will spend those 3 hours on advertising myself - to put it simply, I'll allocate 3 hours for my JOB. Then, another 9 hours will be allocated for turning my fast-lane idea into a reality - I am pretty sure if I stick to this routine, within 3 months it will be pretty sure whether I should keep rowing or jump the boat and launch Amazon business instead. Who knows? Maybe I'll create a system that will require few hours of my day and will make €50 an hour instead of currently making €25? I'll swap jobs then, lol.

So, yea...this is my current strategy. It may sound funny or ironic, but I have traveled deep into a rabbit hole and am brainstorming to an extent that I cannot hit a sack with a calm mind. I just want to stop over-thinking and redirect this energy to creating something of great value.

Please share your opinions - they are more than welcome!

Thanks for your input in advance!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
Sounds like a reasonable plan. Do it. I think you are right to focus your energies on the idea that could be fastlane. "If you aren't working on your best idea, you are doing it wrong." - Someone whose name I don't remember.

Also, "I make mistakes, learn from them, correct them and progress, because of them." - Alamantas. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Just make some mistakes and see what happens.

Almantas

Nothing to Lose
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Sounds like a reasonable plan. Do it. I think you are right to focus your energies on the idea that could be fastlane. "If you aren't working on your best idea, you are doing it wrong." - Someone whose name I don't remember.

Also, "I make mistakes, learn from them, correct them and progress, because of them." - Alamantas. Sorry, I couldn't resist. Just make some mistakes and see what happens.

Thanks man!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.