The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I listened to the book Unscripted and now I am doing things, BIG THINGS.

Alijahmo3033

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 8, 2022
I grew up with more struggle than most people, here in the United States Arizona to be exact. What people do not realize is when you have nothing you learn to fight for everything. At an early age when crack was popular in the minority communities both of my parents decided to join in on the fun. My father eventually started thinking that my mother had someone else and shot at us one night while we were all at home chilling. I was 8 my brother was 6. A few years later my mom was a full-blown crackhead, and my dad was on the run for the shooting. Eventually she would give my brother up to the state and I would bounce from relative to relative.

I respect the message and what I have learned from listening to MJ DeMarco's books, he has significantly shaped my life. After reading Unscripted I immediately changed my perspective on how to live my life. I will let you know up front I am currently making about $19,000 a month. I can make more, but why would I do that? If you do not know what I mean by that then it's not worth asking. I have not met the 6-month rule just yet so I have kept my day job. I work for a hospital that caters specifically to Veterans. That job only brings in about $70k per year, a job that I was working my a$$ off for the people but never getting any recognition from leadership. In fact, I feel like the better employee the worse off I am. On top of the hospital, I also own two behavioral health residential facilities. If done correctly I can make up to $75k per month between both houses.

There are a lot of things that do not sit well with me when listening to these books, yet they still inspire me to continue to work hard towards my newly found goals. That is the thing, I never thought about new goals if I never listened to these books. I was bummed to find out MJ left to Utah and I had no clue about the forum, I heard him talk about it but never cared to look into it as I was on a mission to get to where I am today. I forgot, I own multiple houses, I OWN MULTIPLE Houses, I was homeless man. That is still crazy to me. The family that was always giving me that hard talk "we have to send you to another family members house" now looks up to me in many ways. At the time the help was invaluable, in the same breath I know more could have been done and in hindsight I feel like they would have treated me much better knowing where I was headed.

I have tried to turn on so many friends to the Unscripted Book, I even have offered to buy the book for them. Some have read it and it's not for them, others don't even give it a chance. I am like, HELLLOOOO. Can't you see me making moves, I am glad you are all proud of me, but come on join in on this party of success. Their response, "HELLL NOOOO. Success is really not for everyone. When I served in the military a friend of mine (another soldier) said, "The United States has to keep control of Iraq, scud missiles or not Iraq is a very bad country. Iran also does not deserve the help from the US. Imagine if they had the weapons or powers that we do and fueled by some great religious belief they would use those weapons and destroy the planet. Everyone has their place, Iran is my home country, and even I know this war is needed to separate the power from those that do not know what to do with it." I was like damn man that was deep, I was just wondering if you speak Iranian (I RAY KNEE AN), he corrected me, it's Pronounced (EEE-Rawn).

I look forward to reading more about others and what they have accomplished. I am not sure this is where I want to be, it is a lot of work, I have a lot of employees, a lot of responsibilities, and I am building I think to get bought out. I think that is what I want to do, so I Can get to that $15 Million mark, maybe even just half of that, I am already almost there. But like this man said, it can literally be taken from you in a heartbeat.

Cheers to all for being here!

Sergio

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wow, incredible story. Congrats on your early success. You will learn pretty fast that old relationships will get old fast. People who refuse to change will add friction to those who do change.

Welcome to the forum.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I grew up with more struggle than most people, here in the United States Arizona to be exact. What people do not realize is when you have nothing you learn to fight for everything. At an early age when crack was popular in the minority communities both of my parents decided to join in on the fun. My father eventually started thinking that my mother had someone else and shot at us one night while we were all at home chilling. I was 8 my brother was 6. A few years later my mom was a full-blown crackhead, and my dad was on the run for the shooting. Eventually she would give my brother up to the state and I would bounce from relative to relative.

I respect the message and what I have learned from listening to MJ DeMarco's books, he has significantly shaped my life. After reading Unscripted I immediately changed my perspective on how to live my life. I will let you know up front I am currently making about $19,000 a month. I can make more, but why would I do that? If you do not know what I mean by that then it's not worth asking. I have not met the 6-month rule just yet so I have kept my day job. I work for a hospital that caters specifically to Veterans. That job only brings in about $70k per year, a job that I was working my a$$ off for the people but never getting any recognition from leadership. In fact, I feel like the better employee the worse off I am. On top of the hospital, I also own two behavioral health residential facilities. If done correctly I can make up to $75k per month between both houses.

There are a lot of things that do not sit well with me when listening to these books, yet they still inspire me to continue to work hard towards my newly found goals. That is the thing, I never thought about new goals if I never listened to these books. I was bummed to find out MJ left to Utah and I had no clue about the forum, I heard him talk about it but never cared to look into it as I was on a mission to get to where I am today. I forgot, I own multiple houses, I OWN MULTIPLE Houses, I was homeless man. That is still crazy to me. The family that was always giving me that hard talk "we have to send you to another family members house" now looks up to me in many ways. At the time the help was invaluable, in the same breath I know more could have been done and in hindsight I feel like they would have treated me much better knowing where I was headed.

I have tried to turn on so many friends to the Unscripted Book, I even have offered to buy the book for them. Some have read it and it's not for them, others don't even give it a chance. I am like, HELLLOOOO. Can't you see me making moves, I am glad you are all proud of me, but come on join in on this party of success. Their response, "HELLL NOOOO. Success is really not for everyone. When I served in the military a friend of mine (another soldier) said, "The United States has to keep control of Iraq, scud missiles or not Iraq is a very bad country. Iran also does not deserve the help from the US. Imagine if they had the weapons or powers that we do and fueled by some great religious belief they would use those weapons and destroy the planet. Everyone has their place, Iran is my home country, and even I know this war is needed to separate the power from those that do not know what to do with it." I was like damn man that was deep, I was just wondering if you speak Iranian (I RAY KNEE AN), he corrected me, it's Pronounced (EEE-Rawn).

I look forward to reading more about others and what they have accomplished. I am not sure this is where I want to be, it is a lot of work, I have a lot of employees, a lot of responsibilities, and I am building I think to get bought out. I think that is what I want to do, so I Can get to that $15 Million mark, maybe even just half of that, I am already almost there. But like this man said, it can literally be taken from you in a heartbeat.

Sergio
Awesome story and great job. What exactly do you do now?

Alijahmo3033

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 8, 2022
Wow, incredible story. Congrats on your early success. You will learn pretty fast that old relationships will get old fast. People who refuse to change will add friction to those who do change.

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you.

Alijahmo3033

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Feb 8, 2022

Welcome to the forum.
Thank you.

justinbiz

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jan 31, 2022
Southern California and Northern Ohio

Sergio

Inspiring life you have, Sergio. Sounds like you are on the best path for you. Many blessings to you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...