The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Doing the hardest things

Anything related to matters of the mind

realbillperry

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Apr 6, 2024
I was at the bus stop the other day after work (car is borked), reading TMF . That's when I came across the chapter about value skew and choosing to do the harder things so the competition can't catch up.

It got me thinking about the ONE thing I need to do for my budding business, but haven't wanted to. I realized I was indeed self-selecting the easy things since they were easier and faster to implement, but also don't make me stand out.

There is a company in the space I'm breaking into, that the more I think about it, I spent a few years not doing much by way of moving beyond "hobby" status. Because "Well, they're already doing it and they're pretty damn good!"

As I think about it more and more, it's like I'm Bobby Boucher, and the other company is Coach Red Beaulieu. "Waterboy, yer FARRED!"

But after reading that section, I resolved there at the bus stop to do that one hard thing. It will be my focus. It's a thing the other company also hasn't cracked how to do. If I get it first, I will absolutely stand out. So it's gonna be my focus going forward until I crack it. (I tried to do it a could weep ago, but ran into technical iissues).

Anyway, just relating my thought process and how it's changing from reading TMF .

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lifemaker

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Oct 26, 2023
I was at the bus stop the other day after work (car is borked), reading TMF . That's when I came across the chapter about value skew and choosing to do the harder things so the competition can't catch up.

It got me thinking about the ONE thing I need to do for my budding business, but haven't wanted to. I realized I was indeed self-selecting the easy things since they were easier and faster to implement, but also don't make me stand out.

There is a company in the space I'm breaking into, that the more I think about it, I spent a few years not doing much by way of moving beyond "hobby" status. Because "Well, they're already doing it and they're pretty damn good!"

As I think about it more and more, it's like I'm Bobby Boucher, and the other company is Coach Red Beaulieu. "Waterboy, yer FARRED!"

But after reading that section, I resolved there at the bus stop to do that one hard thing. It will be my focus. It's a thing the other company also hasn't cracked how to do. If I get it first, I will absolutely stand out. So it's gonna be my focus going forward until I crack it. (I tried to do it a could weep ago, but ran into technical iissues).

Anyway, just relating my thought process and how it's changing from reading TMF .
Good probability with it!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.