The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Am I Doing This Right...

CallMeRafael

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jan 29, 2024
Europe
About Me
I am a young adult living in Europe. I don't come from a wealthy family, I'm not a super athlete, and I definitely did not graduate with the best grades. I enjoyed watching Fast and Furious with my father as a child, however the most recent movies did become too fictional for my liking. I really like going to this Chinese take away restaurant not far from where I live, although the tables are sticky, the movie poster of Jaws makes up for it. I once flew to Stockholm, Sweden because the tickets where €22, and it ended up being one of my favourite places I've ever been to. As a child my favourite game was Star Wars Battlefront which I would play with my brother on the PlayStation 2. I would often tell my parents that I was going to school and instead I would go to the local book store and read books such as The 48 Laws Of Power, and Rich Dad Poor Dad. I've always been able to talk to anyone and I have a very unemotional approach to life and it's problems, choosing to make decisions based on rationality instead of emotions (personally I think it's a great approach to life, but my ex-girlfriend might disagree).

My Goal
The main goal I have been focusing on for the past few years is to become financially free by the age of 30 (I have a decade to go). What do I mean by becoming 'financially free'? To me it means that I can decide not to work ever again and I would have enough capital or income to cover all expenses and still be able to live a humble but comfortable life.

What Does NOT Motivate Me
  • Owning a Lamborghini Urus with an after market exhaust.
  • Living in a 12 bedroom mansion with it's own gym, swimming pool, and man-cave.
  • Wearing a Rolex Datejust to match my Giorgio Armani suit.
  • Flying first class to Dubai.
  • Owning the newest smartphone.
What Does Motivate Me
  • Having time to sit around with family and friends on a cold Tuesday night, playing cards and enjoying beer.
  • Providing a humble, but comfortable lifestyle for my partner and myself.
  • Buying my father the motorbike he dreams of and buying my mother an apartment in Spain with a view of the ocean.
  • Not being reliant on anyone, instead being independent.
  • Buying a holiday to Tokyo, Japan where I can wonder around the streets at night observing it's beauty.
My Current Situation
I quit my college studies and my stable job a few months ago to pursue entrepreneurship. After failing at absolutely everything and being hit with a reality check I am left with a little over €1,000 in my bank account and the unbroken desire to succeed. At this very moment I am looking for employment so I can pay my bills. Once I find a job, I need to regroup myself and create a well thought out plan to have another go an my goal. I've got absolutely no interest in staying in employment, saving my money or putting it into an index fund.

You Reading This...
Whoever you are and whatever situation you are in, I would greatly appreciate your 2 cents on my situation. I know my post does not provide you with every detail of my life, but I would still love to hear your thoughts, comments, and even questions. Ideally I am looking for some guidelines, or advice from people with a little bit of experience behind them.

Thank you for taking the time out of your day for reading this.

P.S.
I'm completely new to this forum so apologises in advance if I'm not the best at using it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Jon822

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
270%
Nov 21, 2016
What Does NOT Motivate Me
  • Owning a Lamborghini Urus with an after market exhaust.
  • Living in a 12 bedroom mansion with it's own gym, swimming pool, and man-cave.
  • Wearing a Rolex Datejust to match my Giorgio Armani suit.
  • Flying first class to Dubai.
  • Owning the newest smartphone.
It's fine if none of these things motivate you, but there's nothing shallow about them if they do.

When you land a secure job, keep it until your Fastlane business frees you from it. Don't make rash decisions just because you've decided you're going Fastlane.

no interest in staying in employment, saving my money or putting it into an index fund.
Putting small amounts of money into an index fund and waiting 50 years before it grows into anything meaningful is Slowlane.

Putting millions of dollars into an index fund and living off of the dividends is Fastlane.

Don't confuse tools as being Fastlane or Slowlane -- it's how you use them.

Welcome :)

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.