The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Creation of my Self-Help Brand

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
He's taking the criticism reasonably well. Much better than most who receive it, and certainly better than our very own Andrew Alexander.

I hope the OP takes the advice to heart and comes out successful.
Motivational and psychology stuff can help immensely if they are linked to application with marketable skills, such as social media marketing, sales, copywriting and even web design.

There's got to be many ways to package and teach boring skills in attractive ways.

For instance, Cardone does up spirited rants and once in a while, streams an actual sales call, to relate positive thinking with sales.

Eben Pagan does his best to put mindset and goalpost actions into as much of a big picture as possible. Tells lots of little personal (and legit) stories to fill in the gaps. I saw a lot of this in his book, Opportunity.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Limitlessmind

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
83%
Mar 21, 2019
Ok, so. First of all. The site design looks otherwise ok, but it seems like a Get-Rich-Quick scheme. Like mentioned before, you haven't proven anything yet in the whole industry.

What comes to SEO... You don't even seem to know what SEO is. Your website has 69 invalid links on your homepage; Google is never going to rank you anywhere if you don't fix that.

You could rank to top10 in one month on Google IF you only target low competition audience at first and provide quality content to them.

One of the essential factors still and always going to be is THE CONTENT. Top-notch blog posts that gain lots of traffic have about the minimum of 3000 words on their blog posts; some might even have 6000 words. + it's all HIGH-QUALITY.

Keywords??? Main Headline (H1) is empty??

Do you know anything about your competition?

Who are you targeting?
If you ever want to dream about getting the traffic, you must have a clear vision about who is your target market. What content they want. What can you offer to your audience?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Ok, so. First of all. The site design looks otherwise ok, but it seems like a Get-Rich-Quick scheme. Like mentioned before, you haven't proven anything yet in the whole industry.

What comes to SEO... You don't even seem to know what SEO is. Your website has 69 invalid links on your homepage; Google is never going to rank you anywhere if you don't fix that.

You could rank to top10 in one month on Google IF you only target low competition audience at first and provide quality content to them.

One of the essential factors still and always going to be is THE CONTENT. Top-notch blog posts that gain lots of traffic have about the minimum of 3000 words on their blog posts; some might even have 6000 words. + it's all HIGH-QUALITY.

Keywords??? Main Headline (H1) is empty??

Do you know anything about your competition?

Who are you targeting?
If you ever want to dream about getting the traffic, you must have a clear vision about who is your target market. What content they want. What can you offer to your audience?

Are you AndrewNC?

Because it's odd anyone else would choose a username and avatar associated with probably the most disliked person on the forum otherwise.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
I do specifically disagree with this part of the post, the reason I even have more than one is that we are focusing on gaining traffic through SEO. I don't know what everyone's background is and how much you know about Googles system for ranking (So excuse me if you already know this), but they have a roughly six month sandbox period where your domain is tested for frequency of posts and activity to see if you're worth ranking for specific search terms. After that period the domain continues to age and backlinks are used to increase domain authority. This is mostly just a time-consuming process, so I moved on to other projects to look for opportunities. These other sites are growing slowly. The oldest is gets around 10,000 views per month but it is in the gaming niche and is very hard to monetize and make much money off of without significantly higher volume. The other's are affiliate based, most of them are product sites and again need time to age to rank.

Either way, I appreciate the thorough response.

Look at all your affiliate sites, and for each of them ask yourself what is the focus? Getting traffic or adding value to people?

Do you think:

A. I want to drive traffic. How should I get people to my site?

Or

B. I want to help people that want to do X. How can I help them and how can I get them to my site?

It seems to me that you are on a A mentality, which is not the right one.

If you are really passionate about self help, can you document your own journey authentically?

Welcome to the forum.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Far too early for me to be selling anything.

There's plenty you can sell, just not this type of stuff where credibility is somewhat expected, if not demanded. You sell a millionaire program but you're not a millionaire. Kinda like selling a weight loss program and you haven't lost a damn pound. OK.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
I included an edit to the original post. Thanks for everyone's responses so far. Hurts like hell to hear, but it's ultimately good and I need to get used to harsh criticism.

I have a strong desire to fit into this market somehow. I understand the competition is great yata yata, but I want to try. At least I'll learn from whatever results.

Still reading Unscripted , about 20% through.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ

Where are you finding these dead links? My google SEO audit shows no dead links on the home page. Are you using a different tool, or is this a web browser compatibility issue?

Edit: also ran the entire site through a broken link checker and found none. SEO is very much not optimized on this site yet, but once I start targeting keywords it will become a greater priority. For now I'm just aging the domain.

Appreciate the comment, lots of good info that I've taken note of :thumbsup:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I have a strong desire to fit into this market somehow.

The market don't give a shit about your desires. That's your problem. You think the market cares about you and your whims, your desires, your passions. The market (us) is telling you that you've offered us nothing we can't get elsewhere, and have seen offered thousands of times.

You offer ZERO relative value.

(That's in Unscripted too).

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
The market don't give a shit about your desires. That's your problem. You think the market cares about you and your whims, your desires, your passions. The market (us) is telling you that you've offered us nothing we can't get elsewhere, and have seen offered thousands of times.

You offer ZERO relative value.

(That's in Unscripted too).
That's not constructive, but thanks anyways I guess?

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
597%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
That's not constructive

You want constructive criticism.

The market just told you it doesn't give a shit what you want.

Mindset problem.

It is constructive. But your mind isn't ready to interpret that.

So at this point we're all mostly wasting our energy putting fingers to keys.

Can you please go make whatever changes you're going to make and then come back in six months after you start getting traffic and let us know how many $10's of dollars you've made.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
That's not constructive

Not constructive?

Fat guy: I have diabetes and heart disease doctor, what should I do?
Doctor: Stop drinking 6 Cokes a day.
Fat guy: That's not constructive.

You mean it isn't what you want to hear, so you can continue riding this fantasy and doing what's easy, as opposed to what the market wants?

UN-FN-believable.

D

Deleted50669

So, I'm gonna give it to you straight: you're probably too young to consume the feedback you're getting in a productive way. You have not made enough mistakes to understand that you may not be right, so you're unwilling to reconsider your position, despite overwhelming evidence that you should. It IS is matter of maturation. You may be bright and bushy tailed, but you haven't tasted failure yet. If you don't learn to learn, you will taste failure often.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
So, I'm gonna give it to you straight: you're probably too young to consume the feedback you're getting in a productive way. You have not made enough mistakes to understand that you may not be right, so you're unwilling to reconsider your position, despite overwhelming evidence that you should. It IS is matter of maturation. You may be bright and bushy tailed, but you haven't tasted failure yet. If you don't learn to learn, you will taste failure often.

I was taught not to give up on an idea at the first sign of trouble. Does that mean I'm not taking the things people have said thus far into consideration? Not at all. In fact, it may very well contribute to my abandonment of this project. I simply don't believe a few people saying my idea is garbage and unsalvagable is enough proof. Most markets are saturated, that does not mean there isn't room.

Failure is just as important as success. If this is a failure I welcome it and hope it does enough damage to make me remember not to repeat it.

Valhalla

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Mar 6, 2019
That was a quick article written for the purpose of selling that course. I agree it's lacking, something I'll rectify in the future. If this article were perfect how in depth would you want the research on mirror neurons to be? I have a few scholarly articles on the subject, but I figured people didn't give a crap about the nitty-gritty. Would it be more appealing if it were both more in-depth and not associated with an affiliate?

If you want a quick summary about mirror neurons, they are a type of neuron structure that has been observed in primates. They are responsible for the "Monkey see, Monkey do." behavior in all primates. It also affects emotional responses in humans (IE empathy), it's one of the components of subconscious communication, things like body language, minor changes in facial expression, and tone. Its relationship to the law of attraction is a stretch, but if you're the kind of person that believes mindset has an effect on reality, this is a possible explanation. Some suggest it shows a link between your emotional state and the states of those around you.

If you just want to read about the subject, the National Center for Biotechnology Information has an overview article on the subject.
Mirror neurons: Enigma of the metaphysical modular brain

You'd have my interest, it would separate you from all the other woo woo stuff that proliferates the internet and what is angering most of those on here. If you understand the concepts and can speak on an objective level about these seemingly metaphysical phenomena, you could have something. Your content could be presented in bite sized pieces(effects of success on the body or something) so it doesn't get overwhelming, and would definitely be more clickable.

You have to establish credibility/believability, you're copping shit here because you're lacking it at the moment. Provide something worth reading, and the money will follow the value you're providing.

D

Deleted50669

I was taught not to give up on an idea at the first sign of trouble. Does that mean I'm not taking the things people have said thus far into consideration? Not at all. In fact, it may very well contribute to my abandonment of this project. I simply don't believe a few people saying my idea is garbage and unsalvagable is enough proof. Most markets are saturated, that does not mean there isn't room.

Failure is just as important as success. If this is a failure I welcome it and hope it does enough damage to make me remember not to repeat it.
It's not just that they are telling you it's garbage, they are giving you legitimate reasons why. It'd be one thing if someone was like "Dude, idea sucks. It's been done." It's another thing when someone says "I'm a member of your market, and I would not buy this from you for reasons X, Y, and Z." Ignore the former statement, always. But ignore the latter statement at your own peril. You have to ask, would you buy this product from you? Why? It requires honesty.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
As for what I'm doing that's new. I'm reaching out to a younger demographic. One that focuses more on social media than books.

Not new. DAN LOK. Know this guy? He gravitates to a younger crowd. He even niches down further, and it seems he's attracting an Asian crowd (since he's asian himself).
I'm in a few black hat groups on FB where the members of these groups all love stuff like Dan Lok, Grant Cardone, Tai Lopez, the whole guru shit. Heck, some of them are even your stereotypical "hipster-entrepreneur-with-long-hair-and-laptop-in-Bali-chilling-in-cafe". And they're all under 26.

Tai Lopez has Lambos and cool cars. What's your unique selling point?

I was taught not to give up on an idea at the first sign of trouble......I simply don't believe a few people saying my idea is garbage and unsalvagable is enough proof. Most markets are saturated, that does not mean there isn't room.

You're right, most markets are saturated. And you're going into those saturated markets with the current offerings you've? If you want to be noticed in these saturated guru markets, you better darn well have something so unique that will make everyone put down their Dan Lok / Tai Lopez / Guru Z schmooz and give you 3 secs of their attention span. Currently, you don't have that. So how are you going to tweak and adjust your plan?

Btw, from reading the comments in those guru ads on FB, it seems that the masses are (very very) slowly waking up to the idea that these gurus / guru systems are BS.

This forum here is one of the best there is on the Internet.
Questions and problems are taken seriously. Post the same thing on Reddit r/entrepreneur and you'll get troll replies.

Personally, I want to see you go ahead with your plan and execute whatever you intend to do.
If you succeed and make it big, then go on to scale it and congrats!
If you fail, then at least you'll learn something, and that those other guys who advised you earlier were right, and maybe then you'll come back here to absorb their teachings.....

Some people (myself included), need to fail hard before they learn new things. This is a good thing, because if we don't fail, we don't learn, and we won't grow.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ

You started out with grace, which was the appropriate response to someone being delivered bad news.You'd be wise to go back to that.

We're not telling you the IDEA is garbage. We're telling you that you have no authority and no unique angle to offer the market. MJ himself chimes in and tells you to go build some credibility first, which evidently you didn't want to hear.

You'd be far better off just documenting your journey from zero to hero. You could get donations through Patreon, eventually, you could sell merchandise, or even provide coaching down the line once people start asking for it. The one thing you can't do is circumvent the process and jump straight to the event of being a millionaire money maker guru, when you're short stacked.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Connor_Motivasis

I dug out a few threads and linked to them earlier, because I thought they might help.

Did you watch that Gary V video? Curious what your takeaways are.

How about that call I had with someone where I asked him “Who have you helped?”. Let me know what your main takeaway is from that.

Also... what do you now think about “traffic”?

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
No one wants to take advice from someone who has not accomplished anything. You're better off building something that adds to your credibility, become a actual millionaire, live your actual daily routine, then once you've become someone who is successful people will want to listen to you.

To add to that: there are so many books written by people who have actually made it, that there's really no place for you unless you bring something unique to the table (and of course have already succeeded).

I'm sick of all the 'success coaches' and 'make money online' gurus out there. I wish they'd all disappear. Why? Because the books on business and personal motivation that you need have already been written, and they stand the test of time. The reason we're all here is because MJ wrote two of the best, most timely business books out there, the first of which written during a period where Internet business was only seen a viable road for the 'lucky few' who were informed enough about it.

The purpose of Motivasis is to teach mental health techniques and building healthy habits.

That premise is a good one. But selling it as a success solution is not.

I'll give you an anecdote about a guy you might have heard of: Ramit Sethi (the author of "I Will Teach You To Be Rich"). At first, he got no traction because he was talking about stuff he knew nothing about. It wasn't until he started providing actionable info for regular people that he got anywhere.

Tim Ferriss wrote "The Four Hour Work Week" because it was based around a system he developed for himself. He happened to be making some $70k/month or something but he applied it to anyone who wanted to use it. And even Tim has come under fire for being inauthentic at points (such as his '28 pounds of muscle in 1 month' thing from 4 Hour Body).

MJ wrote Millionaire Fastlane because it echoed his own business experience, which at that time was some 15 years of starting businesses (most of them failures).

I'm not saying you have to only talk about freelance web development and high school. I'm saying that you need to be authentic. Be real. Talk about things you've applied, or have others who have done talk about things they've applied. Don't just summarize Tony Robbins. And I don't say this from a 'this is the way to become successful' perspective, I say this because it's the right thing to do.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
@Connor_Motivasis

I dug out a few threads and linked to them earlier because I thought they might help.

Did you watch that Gary V video? Curious what your takeaways are.

How about that call I had with someone where I asked him “Who have you helped?”. Let me know what your main takeaway is from that.

Also... what do you now think about “traffic”?

Gary V's video definitely makes me feel a touch embarrassed. I really shouldn't have that link to the "Manifestation Millionaire" because duh, I'm not a millionaire. If that works so well, why am I still working? That along with all that has been said on this post thus far makes me think that I'm nowhere close to being able to teach anything even close to advanced in this sector if anything at all. I overvalued my emotional intelligence and my minor understanding of basic psychology, the difference between helping a friend and helping many many people online is larger than I had first thought. While I do have strategies that work, they aren't new, they were found through others. Not sure if that has any value, but for now Motivasis is going to become a hobby while I focus on something else I'm passionate about that has some room for improvement. My original goal was to help people with chronic depression and anxiety because I had both and found ways to fix it that actually work. I wanted to provide the same information to those people, the issue is I don't know how to reach them, and also my authority (as stated about 30 times in the posts prior to this) is not good enough for them to listen even if I could reach them through the hundreds of other people just like me doing the same thing.

My main take away from the call is that I've been focusing far too hard on the wrong goals. Making an entire website and working on SEO before I've helped even one person do anything. Smaller scale first, market testing, then move on to the big stuff. Now I'm asking myself, "What do I have? If I don't have anything of value, how do I learn or gain something that is? How can that value help someone else?" as a first step.

I like your post on traffic. It gives a nice change in perspective. It shifts the goal post. Don't just try and get traffic, try and help people. That was my main take away. Also, the first post on landing pages was very informative, the bit about image location tickled the UX designer in me.

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Thanks for following up, and for your very honest reply. Rep+

Now I'm asking myself, "What do I have? If I don't have anything of value, how do I learn or gain something that is? How can that value help someone else?" as a first step.

I find it's simpler to ask:
  1. Who can I help?
  2. What can I help them with?
  3. How can I help them?
These questions stop you looking inward and helps you look outward. When you look outward you forget about yourself - and get out of your own way!

Remember, you don't need to be an expert to help someone. You often just need to be a sympathetic and non-judgmental ear, and to help people see what's right in front of them.

Check out the quotes in my signature. Pride of place is Mother Theresa's. I love this line and it's my favourite business quote, followed by MJ's, and then by Dan's.

So go find someone to help. Keep doing it. The path will reveal itself as you help more and more people (aka engage the market).

These might help too:

Andy Black

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
I wish these threads turned out like this more often... I'm proud of you @Connor_Motivasis for hanging in there and taking it on the chin.

biophase

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
474%
Jul 25, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Gary V's video definitely makes me feel a touch embarrassed. I really shouldn't have that link to the "Manifestation Millionaire" because duh, I'm not a millionaire. If that works so well, why am I still working? That along with all that has been said on this post thus far makes me think that I'm nowhere close to being able to teach anything even close to advanced in this sector if anything at all. I overvalued my emotional intelligence and my minor understanding of basic psychology, the difference between helping a friend and helping many many people online is larger than I had first thought. While I do have strategies that work, they aren't new, they were found through others. Not sure if that has any value, but for now Motivasis is going to become a hobby while I focus on something else I'm passionate about that has some room for improvement. My original goal was to help people with chronic depression and anxiety because I had both and found ways to fix it that actually work. I wanted to provide the same information to those people, the issue is I don't know how to reach them, and also my authority (as stated about 30 times in the posts prior to this) is not good enough for them to listen even if I could reach them through the hundreds of other people just like me doing the same thing.

My main take away from the call is that I've been focusing far too hard on the wrong goals. Making an entire website and working on SEO before I've helped even one person do anything. Smaller scale first, market testing, then move on to the big stuff. Now I'm asking myself, "What do I have? If I don't have anything of value, how do I learn or gain something that is? How can that value help someone else?" as a first step.

I like your post on traffic. It gives a nice change in perspective. It shifts the goal post. Don't just try and get traffic, try and help people. That was my main take away. Also, the first post on landing pages was very informative, the bit about image location tickled the UX designer in me.

Love this post!

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
A minimum of THREE millionaires have commented, maybe as many as FIVE.

You are NOT getting bad feedback.
We are NOT trying to destroy your dream.
We are NOT being haters.
We want you to succeed.

Most markets are saturated, that does not mean there isn't room.

Yes that's true, but you've done NOTHING to create relative value ... you've skewed NOTHING.

What makes you different in the EYE OF THE MARKET?

Absolutely-nothing.

If that's going to be your business model (one like millions) then you have to be a MASTER MARKETER -- are you a MASTER MARKETER? Tai Lopez, Lok, these guys have ANGLES and are MASTER MARKETERS. You are not (yet).

Again, this is discussed in Unscripted , back 2/3rds of the book.

I was taught not to give up on an idea at the first sign of trouble.

Square pegs don't fit into round holes no matter how much you "try" and "don't give up"

You've listened to far too many gurus, the same chumps who say "follow your passion" and "do what you love."

We want you to succeed, all of us do. But the forum is tired of seeing folks who want to talk success, motivation, entrepreneurship (etc) and have NO VICTORIES of it through their own application.

You seem willing to listen so right there you are ahead of the game. As Allen said, as opposed to doing nothing, this is something. You will learn, even if you fail at it miserably.

The-J

Dog Dad
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
264%
Aug 28, 2011
Ontario
My original goal was to help people with chronic depression and anxiety because I had both and found ways to fix it that actually work. I wanted to provide the same information to those people, the issue is I don't know how to reach them, and also my authority (as stated about 30 times in the posts prior to this) is not good enough for them to listen even if I could reach them through the hundreds of other people just like me doing the same thing.

I don't think sharing techniques that work for you is a bad thing. Just be real about who you are, where you come from, and consider that your initial target market will be a lot like you.

Your credibility is ONLY that you found the techniques, used them, and they worked for you. That's enough to start. But again: be real. You're not an expert, you're not a millionaire yet, and you're not

I gave you Rep+++ for having the balls to admit that you started off on the wrong foot. But don't think that there's no need for these things, because they are.

Connor_Motivasis

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Apr 15, 2019
Tucson, AZ
A minimum of THREE millionaires have commented, maybe as many as FIVE.

You are NOT getting bad feedback.
We are NOT trying to destroy your dream.
We are NOT being haters.
We want you to succeed.

Yes that's true, but you've done NOTHING to create relative value ... you've skewed NOTHING.

What makes you different in the EYE OF THE MARKET?

Absolutely-nothing.

If that's going to be your business model (one like millions) then you have to be a MASTER MARKETER -- are you a MASTER MARKETER? Tai Lopez, Lok, these guys have ANGLES and are MASTER MARKETERS. You are not (yet).

Again, this is discussed in Unscripted , back 2/3rds of the book.

Square pegs don't fit into round holes no matter how much you "try" and "don't give up"

You've listened to far too many gurus, the same chumps who say "follow your passion" and "do what you love."

We want you to succeed, all of us do. But the forum is tired of seeing folks who want to talk success, motivation, entrepreneurship (etc) and have NO VICTORIES of it through their own application.

You seem willing to listen so right there you are ahead of the game. As Allen said, as opposed to doing nothing, this is something. You will learn, even if you fail at it miserably.
I very much appreciate all of the advice, how straight forward it is just took me a minute to digest. I'll keep looking for opportunities and posting on the forum.

Let's see how many times it takes until it works hehe.

I don't think sharing techniques that work for you is a bad thing. Just be real about who you are, where you come from, and consider that your initial target market will be a lot like you.

Your credibility is ONLY that you found the techniques, used them, and they worked for you. That's enough to start. But again: be real. You're not an expert, you're not a millionaire yet, and you're not

I gave you Rep+++ for having the balls to admit that you started off on the wrong foot. But don't think that there's no need for these things, because they are.

Thank you for the Rep. I'll keep what you've said in mind. Quite a different outlook on it now so the content will shift to fit that. As well as it not being profit focused (for the time being) I just want to try and help people first and see how I do.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.