The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

14 y/o wanna-be-highschool(9th grade)- dropout.

Besides the basic knowledge,is the stuff taught in highschool(9-10thgrade)must for entrepreneurship?

• Total voters

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
@Awakened potato

I started at 15. So I know how frustrating it is to pour most of your time into school, and have very little time left for business.

But that 1-2 hours a day (and a bit more on the weekends) is all you really need at this point in your journey. It was enough for me -- to launch and fail a bunch of things while building skills on the side.

By 17 I finally got something going, a modest freelance copywriting practice ($3k/month). Keep in mind this was while I was taking classes at the local university, including graduate-level ones, captain of the school soccer team and applying to thirteen colleges.

So yeah, you have all the time you need. Not just to spend a few hours a week doing this business thing, but to go to school and learn some social skills, and to find shit you're passionate about. Become a rounded person now so you can become an expert later.

Also, I watch Hamza too - he's great - but keep in mind he's been doing this for 6 years. You're just getting started. So don't expect to be successful right away, nobody is! Put in the hours now while you're still in school and you'll be so much more prepared to go full speed once you're out.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
Whether you are going to school in India or any country, dropping out of high school is a bad mistake.
First of all, you question the value of Math and Science.
Math teaches you so much, including how to think, and critical thinking skills.
If later on, you want to learn to program, database building did you know you need MySQL for that and they require Algebra? All programming requires math skills and critical thinking.

Science teaches you why things work. You can change the world if you know what to look for.
Philosophy of the Stoics, and others teach you how to accept what happens to you in the world and how you can deal with those occurrences to make your life better.

You might want to go into business selling PLR. You will need to have proper use of grammar to write your own version of the plr.

Are there opportunities in India to rise to great heights WITHOUT high school?

If you drop out of school, then you will never develop the ability to persevere when the going gets tough. High school teaches you the fundamentals of what to do when you fail a test or a class and how to rebound.

You have not read either of the books upon which this forum is based- especially Unscripted. Read those before you start talking about school as the slow lane.

Aditya Gunjal

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Jun 24, 2021
Maharashtra, India
200 - 500% more effective due to meditation? You're joking me. Why are you so concerned with productivity right now if you think school is a waste of time anyway?

I have read all of those books you've mentioned, but I've also ran companies while doing other other stuff. That's why I'm saying you have tons of time to run a business.

You say what are the downsides? I'm very familiar with the current business environment in India. I think its incredibly competitive, there's so many people trying to make it, but also so many people trying to move out. Without a high school education, and also being from a 3rd world country, you have a severe disadvantage compared to pretty much everyone else in the world. I wish it wasn't like this, but that's the unfortunate way the world works. Good luck moving to another country, getting investment, or hiring top talent with a barely 9th grade education in India. Moving to another country that has far more access to capital, would be 1000% easier with education.

India as a society places more weight on education, status, and family background than almost any other country in the world when it comes to doing business. There is tons of money being made, but most of the money is going to people already at the top in terms of wealth, caste, status, education, etc.

At least work on your communication skills. They are lacking.
Are you from india? Sounds like u know more about society of india and the difference in the classes(by financial) here.
Yes you are right, 14yrs means (by my experience) he has 3 to 4 years of real world experience and how things work around here.
Education and schooling are 2 different things, education comes from various things. If you cant learn from your past then you haven't studied history well. Which product(for example fan or a cooling equipment) can help people more efficiently depends on geography of that particular area.
School has some problems but real life is a problem too that needs to be solved

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
View: https://youtu.be/dE89dKwAUC0

Hamza video- if i got good grades in school, I'd be making 10x less money now.

He says make the busienss whilst staying in school and studying. And then, when you start earn
@Awakened potato

I started at 15. So I know how frustrating it is to pour most of your time into school, and have very little time left for business.

But that 1-2 hours a day (and a bit more on the weekends) is all you really need at this point in your journey. It was enough for me -- to launch and fail a bunch of things while building skills on the side.

By 17 I finally got something going, a modest freelance copywriting practice ($3k/month). Keep in mind this was while I was taking classes at the local university, including graduate-level ones, captain of the school soccer team and applying to thirteen colleges.

So yeah, you have all the time you need. Not just to spend a few hours a week doing this business thing, but to go to school and learn some social skills, and to find shit you're passionate about. Become a rounded person now so you can become an expert later.

Also, I watch Hamza too - he's great - but keep in mind he's been doing this for 6 years. You're just getting started. So don't expect to be successful right away, nobody is! Put in the hours now while you're still in school and you'll be so much more prepared to go full speed once you're out.

Oi homey, plz consider reading the introduction again as I've edited it right now. There were a lotta of things missing o before editing. Then, at the end of the day, reply if it's good

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Whether you are going to school in India or any country, dropping out of high school is a bad mistake.
First of all, you question the value of Math and Science.
Math teaches you so much, including how to think, and critical thinking skills.
If later on, you want to learn to program, database building did you know you need MySQL for that and they require Algebra? All programming requires math skills and critical thinking.

Science teaches you why things work. You can change the world if you know what to look for.
Philosophy of the Stoics, and others teach you how to accept what happens to you in the world and how you can deal with those occurrences to make your life better.

You might want to go into business selling PLR. You will need to have proper use of grammar to write your own version of the plr.

Are there opportunities in India to rise to great heights WITHOUT high school?

If you drop out of school, then you will never develop the ability to persevere when the going gets tough. High school teaches you the fundamentals of what to do when you fail a test or a class and how to rebound.

You have not read either of the books upon which this forum is based- especially Unscripted. Read those before you start talking about school as the slow lane.
Consider reading the edited introduction.

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
Listen, I get your point.

School sucks, but in hindsight it's a golden opportunity if you just can see it.
In school, do homework inbetween classes, stop hanging out with friends all the time, and surround yourself with people who want to support you, or even work for you. All the random things school teaches you is useful in some regard. Sure you may not use all of it, but at some point hopefully you will see the value in it as everyone who says stay in school does. We're not saying go to university, but stay and get the same basic understanding of life as everyone else around you, and if it's too slow for you, it's a perfect time to brainstorm business ideas on the side.

You still have a lot of time to work on a business. If you can't deal with your parents hawking over your grades, you cant deal with a bad customer. Learn to negotiate what is acceptable scheduling. Maybe 2 days a week you need to skip meals and homework to get a full business day in.

If you want to make it as a underage child, you have to work for it.

heavy_industry

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
555%
Apr 17, 2022
lol

You are on a forum filled to the brim with people that are either successful entrepreneurs or are on their way to becoming one. Almost everyone on this thread unanimously told you that dropping out of HS is a horrible idea.

Everything that we've said was completely ignored.

Even in the Youtube video you've posted, Hamza himself (which went both to HS and college) said that this is a bad idea, and suggested that you should only drop out if and when you build a successful business that actually works.

After reading this entire thread, I can clearly see that the real problem is not the decision to drop out.
The real problem is your rigid, deterministic way of thinking, and complete unwillingness to learn from others if they provide new information that is conflicting with what you already believe.

I really hope that this will be a great opportunity for learning.
The first step towards true wisdom, is to realize that you don't know anything (this is true for all of us).

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
As you are so desperately trying to convice everyone that dropping out is the right choice, why don't you just do that (drop out) and start a progress thread?

People with actual experience, running real, profitable businesses have shared their thoughts and you have dismissed all of them. So, why bother continuing this if you are so mature, intelligent,, socially skilled and knowing-it-all? Drop out and prove us all wrong. Show us how easy it is to build an online business, wouldn't it feel cool to prove everyone wrong?

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
lol

You are on a forum filled to the brim with people that are either successful entrepreneurs or are on their way on becoming one. Almost everyone on this thread unanimously told you that dropping out of HS is a horrible idea.

Everything that we've said was completely ignored.

Even in the Youtube video you've posted, Hamza himself (which went both to HS and college) said that this is a bad idea, and suggested that you should only drop out if and when you build a successful business that actually works.

After reading this entire thread, I can clearly see that the real problem is not the decision to drop out.
The real problem is your rigid, deterministic way of thinking, and complete unwillingness to learn from others if they provide new information that is conflicting with what you already believe.

I really hope that this will be a great opportunity for learning.
The first step towards true wisdom, is to realize that you don't know anything (this is true for all of us).
Lol you just assume that I'm a 14 y/o then i definitely am a dumb little kid. You think as if I've listened adam oh-young rich wanna be dropout song on yt and now I'm here.
I've said millions of times that I'm open to all sorts of critiscm. You've ignored all the stuffs that I've said right and are just dwelling on my weakness. You're dwelling on the fact that I'm here seeking for validation to drop out. Read all of my replies thoroughly then you'd understand me. Golden rule as you might have heard. Never expect, never assume. You invalidated it(probably).

I'm not biased. Go throughly through my comments. And let them sink in.

Now hamza says first build the business get some money and then drop. But why not drop out now?
Listen. Let's say I'd reach 1k a month in a year. Then I can drop out right? Cuz I've build a succesful busienss and its fastlane. And now it's the start of 10th class. So let's dropout right?
So now you're saying that now I don't need the knowledge getting taught in school?
Huh?
Think about it.
And plz go deep when criticizing me. I can't read your mind and know where I've been wrong. You just touch the surface level stuff and ends the comment. I know you're an entrepreneur and don't have much time for it. Then why even comment in the first place? Just to discourage or demotivate? It's not your intention I know. But this is what I'm feelin deep down(lack of confidence?maybe). I dunno.

Yeah the more we know the more we realize we don't know.
Nothing that y'all said was ignored. Read it thoroughly. I've replied to almost every single comment. And I actually second guessed myself.
My question merely was to know if I should drop out or not.
No one has gone deep enough. And the people who has, are biased and got any benefit mindset.

And also Hamza said school is bullshit? then why not dropout and just work on the business so that the odds of succeeding FAST would increase.
Have thought about it? Did you even consider for a moment that hey this little kiddo maybe right. He's speaking some facts. No you didn't I think

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
As you are so desperately trying to convice everyone that dropping out is the right choice, why don't you just do that (drop out) and start a progress thread?

People with actual experience, running real, profitable businesses have shared their thoughts and you have dismissed all of them. So, why bother continuing this if you are so mature, intelligent,, socially skilled and knowing-it-all? Drop out and prove us all wrong. Show us how easy it is to build an online business, wouldn't it feel cool to prove everyone wrong?
What am i gonna get from tryna convince anyone whatsoever?m
That doesn't even matter to me.
The only that does it to know the right choice.
I've just criticized your opinions cuz i think they're not that efficient. And you think I'm tryna convince y'all.
Why do you think so. Mention the lines where you think that I'm biased and tryna convince.

Lol I've already said I don't have it all figured out myself.
I'm not dropping out cuz it's cool or everything. Otherwise i wouldn't be this committed to reply to every single comment and be productive all day.

I didn't have any external support regarding this. Thought I would get wisdom regarding this then why would I ignore the stuff y'all said. Dosent make sense to me.
You got me wring

Last edited:

Antifragile

Progress not perfection
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
458%
Mar 15, 2018
You are…

It’s your maturity level, not your age.
200.gif

Pink Sheep

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Apr 29, 2019
Keep us updated champ, or else you just prove us right.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
@Awakened potato … maybe spend less time updating this thread and more on your schoolwork and business?

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
You think this thread is about dropping out of high school.

I think this thread is about you being a quitter.

Quitting when things get tough won't work well for you in the real world.

Tough it out and finish high school.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
You think this thread is about dropping out of high school.

I think this thread is about you being a quitter.

Quitting when things get tough won't work well for you in the real world.

Tough it out and finish high school.
Haha it's like saying run with a potato sack in a marathon where everyone's sprinting.
Cuz running with potato sack is tough lol

Simon Angel

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
292%
Apr 24, 2016
Are you legit MJ?

If you don't possess the intelligence needed to answer that question yourself then you're definitely not the type of person to drop out of school at 14 and end up successful.

Also, I just considered what your options of quitting actually are. If you quit, where will you live, eat, and sleep? Where are you going to get the money to pay your phone bill or internet connection?

I know a younger dude that started working illegally at 13 to support his mother, sister, and bedridden father. He cooked in 2 restaurants every day and is now 18 or 19 and on his way to owning a restaurant.

In spite of all this, he didn't drop out of school. And he did all of this because he had to, not because he fantasized about it out of teenage angst. He's also one of the most kindest and modest people I've ever met.

You don't fit his description at all.

Last edited:

SDE

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
514%
Jul 9, 2018
You made the decision already but masqueraded this thread as seeking advice?

These type of threads always suffer the same fate.

Thread locked.

Chx

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
308%
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Haha it's like saying run with a potato sack in a marathon where everyone's sprinting.
Except, nobody in a marathon is sprinting...

If you have 26 miles ahead of you, it's worthwhile to spend the first four getting into your groove -- don't want to fall on your a$$

Angler

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
271%
Sep 9, 2021
Are you legit MJ?
How you do the little things is how you will do the big things. Quitting early will make you incline to quit again.
Ask an alcoholic why he's an alcoholic... it was only a sip at the beginning.
Many big hearted people on this forum, and even MJ himself, tell you to not quit and suck it up because THEY'RE YEARS ahead of you. Not just experience, but emotionally, and MONEY. They see the flaws in your belief system that YOU can't even see right now. They're not attacking you personally, they're commenting on how flaw it is in your judgement. They want you to reflect on the things you are thinking about right now. Unless you get triggered or get mad at these comments, you won't take any of these "advices" to heart or even consider them.

If you give up because it's the easier choice, NOW, you will likely give up when shits hit the fan when you run a business or anything else for that matter. Let that sink in.
What if money does not come in? What if your first idea does not get validated? What if you have to pivot? What if things socially, business-wise, and family-wise, don't work out FOR YOU at all? What will you do then? Quit on it, them, those around you?

tenacity

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Dec 16, 2021
UK
I would say to NOT drop out. I'm 19 and I started doing YouTube videos when I was 12, guess what? I hoped for 100 likes and got 2 on my first video. I didn't get thousands of dollars per month but I managed to get like 2-3 in a month, back when monetization was just 'turn on'.

To add, I'm not sure about you but in my case it would illegal to drop out (I lived in Cyprus at the time) and min was to finish 9th Grade out of 12 grades or try to go homeschool path but its a lot of paperwork and you would need to prove that you need to study at home. Anyhow, I learned so much from YouTube and I still have a monetized channel where a earn a small amount of money, I did tutorial videos. Now I'm using that knowledge to work on my CENTS website idea where photoshop, logo design, descriptions, all help a ton.

Also some ideas need money and if you were to drop out, it would be harder to get a job. A job can be a backup plan if you have some low revenue months or the idea fails. MJ made a good video about the 4-step process and a foundational job is really good to have. I say it from my own experience, I'm currently working and I'm glad I finished school.

My advice would be to not rush to pull the trigger but rather give a try to something you think might work. Get some CENTS ideas on a piece of paper or Word and see if one or two are feasible. That could be re-selling something IRL (stalls in India near the road) or trying to do a service such as cleaning shoes. There's tons of options nowadays and I suggest getting some income first and then if you do decide, drop out.

Kalactose

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jan 21, 2022
Dude look, I remember when I had the same mindset as you.
You probably think you are really smart, your teachers are dumb, your friends are dumb(because why are they not reading the 7th edition of the 4 hour workweek). Sure I don't know some things but bro google exists. You don't consider yourself arrogant but "you only speak facts".
You have performed really well in school, you think most people haven't plan their lives. You don't have any " real" mentors except those online. You can't remember the last time you admitted you were wrong. You think most people are lazy and if they are in an unfortunate situation, they completely caused it on themselves.

And about school, yes, you don't need to learn pythogoras theorem or the formula for energy to succeed in life by convention measures but you need to start somewhere. Think about it, if you dropout now where will you live and how will you feed yourself. And yes your brain will figure it out but your stomach doesn't have that much patience. To start a business you will need capital so where will you get it. You must have a job or atleast a stable source of income. So before you dropout please take some to clearly think about you're decision.

The best advice I can give you is try to work on your ego and before you say you are not egoistical, just say "hey maybe I am just a little bit" and since you love to read and think all answers are in books then go ahead and read books on ego.

I didn't really think I'll post after seeing all the replies and your attitude towards our members but this is a make or break event in your life so ill try my best to make sure you pick the choice.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Everyone here thinks I'm biased, egotistical and what not. Cuz "you, you've asked for advice and now you're criticizing all of us cuz the answer that we've all given is the unsexy one. You're an egotistical, a**hole, dumb little kiddo.".

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
If you don't possess the intelligence needed to answer that question yourself then you're definitely not the type of person to drop out of school at 14 and end up successful.
Alright, if so then are the gonna teach it it school?
You're saying entrepreneurship ain't for me?

Also, I just considered what your options of quitting actually are. If you quit, where will you live, eat, and sleep? Where are you going to get the money to pay your phone bill or internet connection?
I've my parents. I'd convince them that school is worthless for me so why go(wanna know if it's really true).
I know a younger dude that started working illegally at 13 to support his mother, sister, and bedridden father. He cooked in 2 restaurants every day and is now 18 or 19 and on his way to owning a restaurant.

In spite of all this, he didn't drop out of school. And he did all of this because he had to, not because he fantasized about it out of teenage angst. He's also one of the most kindest and modest people I've ever met.

You don't fit his description at all.
You got the point wrong of this whole thread.
You think the mere reason behind wanting to dropout is to ease the pressure.
Listen, it's a reason not the reason.
Still, I'm willing to go with school as well. But why if it can be wayy easier? Dosen't make sense, does it?

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
Everyone here thinks I'm biased, egotistical and what not. Cuz "you, you've asked for advice and now you're criticizing all of us cuz the answer that we've all given is the unsexy one. You're an egotistical, a**hole, dumb little kiddo.".
Take comfort in the fact that you're better than all the lost boys on this forum who sit in mummy's basement in a developed country and cry like babies because they don't know what to do with their life, they have no idea what business to pursue so they just churn out cry for help shit.

You also churn out shit.

But at least it's shit with balls.

I'll take shitballs over pantywaistballs any day of the week.

Oh wait pantywaists don't have balls

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada

Couple of pages in your thread, what you have decided is clear.

Stand behind your choice. Stop running in circles with your tail between your legs. Stop trying to convince us that a pig with a lipstick is Jessica Rabbit.

You have the sentiment of the forum.
Decide and Act.

Game time. Enough arguing and defending positions.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...