The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

14 y/o wanna-be-highschool(9th grade)- dropout.

Besides the basic knowledge,is the stuff taught in highschool(9-10thgrade)must for entrepreneurship?

• Total voters

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
I'm 14 y/o as you could see in the title. An indian guy, rn in 9th grade. I've read the millionaire fastlane and halfway through the 4 hour work week by tim. In addition to that, I've consumed a lot of business content on yt and articles. Watched all the buisness vidoes of Hamza(he's an youtuber, some of you might know him) as well as his self improvement videos. So, I'm not here merely to attain wisdom and be a leeche. I've some wisdom to provide too. I'm yet to pursue a fastlane business. I haven't had decided it yet. I'm pretty confused. I need to journal and read a chapter of the millionaire fastlane thoroughly again which I'm gonna do after this. So I was about to ask if you guys have some advice for me regarding dropping out. I've been pretty anxious about this for the last week. I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next. So I'd be hella grateful if I get some help fellas. Please help your new homie. And thanks a lot Mj for the millionaire fastlane. I can't express my gratitude for you.

Edit- ugh, so, after reading, reacting, getting offended and disappointment by majority of the comment, I've not realized that I should've given more information regarding me and the situation and my thoughts/plan.

It's my fault that I've mentioned some of the crucial stuff like my routine, why I think education sucks at 9th grade taught in school.
But don't y'all think I'm in 9th grade and I don't have the basic knowledge it requires. It's a no brainer. I certainly do have. Do I need to rationalize the denominator or show under rooted "8" on the frickin number line? Will I ever need it. No way will I.
80% of the stuffs are worthless. For business, I NEED to learn SI,CI,Graphs,profit and loss,equations,data analyzing. And i know all this stuff already from STD-6.

Grammar- there are little to no grammatical mistakes in my comments and even if there's a fair amount of them, then so what? Not to mention the reason why there are some grammatical mistakes mainly preposition cuz my vocabulary ain't that great.So why keep going?Just to learn grammar? What about the other worthless subjects? Not to mention I can easily improve my grammar/vocabulary being here typing this comment, reading selfimprovement books, reading blogs, watching podcasts. You name it.

Science- do i need to know that solids have little to no intermolecular space between them and the most intermolecular force amongst every other state of matter? Huh?
Do I need to know that mitochondria is the powerhouse of cell?
Do I need to know that the atomic number of sodium is 11?

Literature- Hell nah. No of this at all
Hindi- bruhhhhhh. Why does it even exists in the first place?
Sanskrit- F*ck you education minister of india
Education is just a business. School is for employees mainly. You only need the basics and then you're good to go, right? If yes, then why I'm here askin advice? Cuz I'm not sure if it's really true. Let's go a bit deep and find out.

Geography- Himalayas. Why the F*ck do I have to know about it? It's standing minding his own business all the while protecting India. Did he want us to study about it? Hell no.lol

History- someone in the comment mentioned that history is crucial as you can learn stoicism. So i wanna state you my friend that there isn't a single chapter about stoicism. And none of the people in my school know about it and no person that I know is a stoic. Not at all. I already practice stoicism, do I still need it? Do I need to know that to become a judge of a supreme court in India, I need to be a advocate first for at least a decade.????

Economics- there isn't a economic teacher in my school yet. It's been two weeks since my new sessions of school is started. See how irresponsible my school is. Tomorrow me and my friends are gonna complain about this shit two the fatty a$$ principle sitting in ac while we students are getting evaporated.

Now what?
Yeahhhhhhh socializing tududududu.
I've got good social skills(not great still need to learn a lot more). This is literally my goal in life to be hella charismatic and have great relationships. I've good relationships as well as pretty charismatic
I've got a lotta friends.( a girlfriend as well, i know it's not good ti have one at this age but leave it)
English is my second language so it's a bit difficult to articulate myself here.

My leaderships skills and charisma-
I've influenced all of my friends to be on nofap/sr. My little brother 11 years old, is now on full time self improvement just beacuse I've influenced him to be. I'm good at story telling. I can motivate people.
Now you'd say I've tried to influence a guy in the comment to meditate but the refused and now is spektic about.
So i wanna say I haven't even tried half of my best to influence him or her. That was off topic. I just wanted to kind inform him.

Aight so now the question arises how am i gonna better my social skills if I drop out.
I've already decided it. Every other day, I'd go meet my friends and her for half an hour. Done?
And read books on leadership and how to win friends and influence people hy Dale Carnegie and actually apply the knowledge.

Job done.

Now what are the pros and cons of dropping out. A comment has gone through this but it wasn't deep enough(deeeeeep lol).

Here's mah schedule first. The old schedule is changed now cuz so is the school timing.
Workout- 1hour 15 mins - 1 hour 30 mins
Meditation-30 mins( i should be doing 1 hour but gotta sacrifice either grades or effectiveness of my business)
Sleep-8hrs30mins(need to sleep an hour more, i should he sleepin 8 to 9 hours and not to mention that it takes time to actually sleep. I just don't sleep the moment I hit the bed. It takes 20 minutes approximately and what about the fact that I wake up accidentally several times while sleeping?
Study-2hrs self study
Tution- 1hr-1hr 30 mins
Joking around with homies and her-30 mins
School-5 hours
Now how much leisure do I have?
19hrs 30 mins

5hours?
No
45 mintues- taking shit, shower, getting ready, eating(before school)
30 mintues- getting to school and then home
15-minutes- getting to coaching and then home
How much now?
21 hrs so 3 hours of free time.

Is 3 hours a day adequate for a business to grow? And let's say adding free times of weekends and sundays it's now 27 hours a week.(cutted- tuition,school and reaching time on sunday. Moreover, half working days of school on Saturdays that is 3 hours of studying hence 2 more hours on Saturdays).

Is it still adequate enough?
And not to mention the fact that after all this wouldn't I be mentally drained. And consequently resulting in low productivity? What about burnout? It doesn't exist?

Don't me wrong. I'm willing to put in the long hours no matter what. But why do that if I can simply drop the hell outta high school. So why not just drop out. I don't know all the pros and cons at least not majority of them .
This is why I'm asking to you guys.

Is school worth it?
And answer this without having the Any-benefit mindset. Most of the comments I've read have this.
Don't get me wrong. While being grateful, this mindset will help. But not in making crucial decisions.

I don't have a business right now. I've made a YouTube video script(niche-self improvement) but haven't uploaded as I've had decided to continue uploading/workin on the business after completing the book called 4 hour work week which I'm halfway through. I can do affiliate marketing, selling course and merch on YouTube. Hamza does that as well and earns 30k a month with 15k profit. He declared with conviction that by the end of the year, he'd be makin 100k dollars a month.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Trait

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
290%
Jun 22, 2021
Bangladesh
Don't......... Drop..........Out......... of..............SCHOOL. Most tangible fastlane ventures require atleast school level knowledge and without getting that you are only going to handicap yourself. I know how it feels to realize that getting knowledge requires alot of time, time you could be spending on your fastlane venture but your fastlane venture execution will lose a lot of potential if you don't go to SCHOOL. You are still young and are into self improvement, leverage that to acquire important skills.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Don't......... Drop..........Out......... of..............SCHOOL. Most tangible fastlane ventures require atleast school level knowledge and without getting that you are only going to handicap yourself. I know how it feels to realize that getting knowledge requires alot of time, time you could be spending on your fastlane venture but your fastlane venture execution will lose a lot of potential if you don't go to SCHOOL. You are still young and are into self improvement, leverage that to acquire important skills.
Thanks for the response but let's be honest what are school teaching us anyway? I don't need literature,,maths,science,geography,hist/civics,grammar and all this bs, do I?
Hell no. Yeah, the basic knowledge is extremely crucual and non negotiable. But thing that we get taught in STD 9th is frickin worthless. Bro do I need those knowledge for fastlane? I don't think so. Do you?

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
I've read the millionaire fastlane and halfway through the 4 hour work week by tim. In addition to that, I've consumed a lot of business content on yt and articles. Watched all the buisness vidoes of Hamza(he's an youtuber, some of you might know him) as well as his self improvement videos
Then you know it all. Job done.

All you need to do is IPO and ching ching ching.
I've some wisdom to provide too
Drop those value bombs baby!

Odysseus M Jones

[B...{r<°∆°>}--O--{<°∆°>k}...E]
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
170%
Feb 2, 2020
don't need literature,,maths,science,geography,hist/civics,grammar and all this bs, do I?
Definitely drop maths and science, who needs those?

But you'll need literature to get the chicks, geography to find where they live, history to check their past lovers.

And most importantly, grammar so when you post your conquests on Facebook you'll need to know when to write.

"Shirley was a good f^ck"
"Shirley f^cks well"
"Shirley's f^cking gorgeous"

See the Monty python sketch for how to use the f bomb in all word classes.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
What's an example of a business that requires school knowledge? Probably as you said those tangible ones requires. But what about online businesses? They don't require, right?

Y

But you'll need literature to get the chicks, geography to find where they live, history to check their past lovers.

And most importantly, grammar so when you post your conquests on Facebook you'll need to know when to write.

"Shirley f^cks well"

See the Monty python sketch for how to use the f bomb in all word classes.ee

"Shirley f^cks well"

See the Monty python sketch for how to use the f bomb in all word classes.
Yeah homie. Gotta study those subs for chicks

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
Thanks for the response but let's be honest what are school teaching us anyway? I don't need literature,,maths,science,geography,hist/civics,grammar and all this bs, do I?
Hell no. Yeah, the basic knowledge is extremely crucual and non negotiable. But thing that we get taught in STD 9th is frickin worthless. Bro do I need those knowledge for fastlane? I don't think so. Do you?
Let's assume you're right. School's all slow lane BS*. What then (after dropping out)? What's your action plan?

Can't do maths, can't write clearly, don't know where anything's located or why the globe spins, who would you be and what would you be doing?

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Let's assume you're right. School's all slow lane BS*. What then (after dropping out)? What's your action plan?

Can't do maths, can't write clearly, don't know where anything's located or why the globe spins, who would you be and what would you be doing

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
What's an example of a business that requires school knowledge? Probably as you said those tangible ones requires. But what about online businesses? They don't require, right?

Calligraphy. If you ask many people if it can be useful in business, they will certainly say no. You know that brand called Apple and that fellow that was called Steve Jobs? Well, this is what he said:

When I was attending the calligraphy classes at college, I could never imagine that skill or learning will have any practical application in my life. But 10 years later when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me. And we designed all of my learning into the Mac. Had I never dropped in on that calligraphy course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or beautifully proportionate font styles.”

What he learned in a calligraphy class became a driving force behind what is now a trillion-dollar company.
--
Now tell me:

How would you know the financial situation of your business if you can't run numbers? How would you determine which opportunities to go after? How will you know what you can afford to spend? You runway? (math)

Who will buy what you sell if your copy is full of grammatical errors and misspelled words? Who will if you can't write a persuasive and convincing copy? Tell me how you plan to lead and manage people (if you plan to scale your business) if you can't communicate well? (grammar).

Science is a broad term that can mean a whole lot. For the sake of the reply, I will take the broad definition of science. Here are a few ways it helps:
- analytics are rooted in science. The chance that you will have to use the analytics is pretty high.
- psychology gives you the tools to understand how people behave. I am guessing you are planning to convince people to give your their money? Psychology plays a role there
- A/B testing and many ways of running experiments are also rooted in science

I can't think of any area of life that doesn't benefit from science. The mental models from science are extremely valuable in all walks of life.

Education is failing our young by doing a terrible job of showing how what is thought can be used outside of class. You don't see now how it will be useful to you, but it is. Certain things can only be seen in hindsight. Learn the first principles of what is being taught to you. It will enrich your life and any ventures you will take.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
I've mentioned that the basic knowledge is crucial. You can't go without it. However that can be synthesized into 2 or 3 years of school. That's off topic though.

So you're saying that we aren't being taught worthless stuff,huh? Do a doctor need to know that a stretched bow possess potential energy?

Don't get me wrong. Education is must in every aspect you wanna succed in. But the right one.

My plan is to drop out cuz I don't have enough time to read entrepreneurial and self help books. Now don't lash out on me saying," They're just excuses. If you're passionate enough then you'd somehow find time for it. Afterall, everyone has 24 hours". I seriously do not have time. Just 2 hours a day. I can't sacrifice 9 hours of sleep for it. Sleep is productive.

So yeah. I don't have the time cuz of school. And if I dropout, i will have the time to read books/articles and all this stuff, to journal and evaluate business ideas, try some businesses, attain high income skills. You name it.

Is it wrong?

Devilery

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
192%
Feb 11, 2019
I've mentioned that the basic knowledge is crucial. You can't go without it. However that can be synthesized into 2 or 3 years of school. That's off topic though.

So you're saying that we aren't being taught worthless stuff,huh? Do a doctor need to know that a stretched bow possess potential energy?

Don't get me wrong. Education is must in every aspect you wanna succed in. But the right one.

My plan is to drop out cuz I don't have enough time to read entrepreneurial and self help books. Now don't lash out on me saying," They're just excuses. If you're passionate enough then you'd somehow find time for it. Afterall, everyone has 24 hours". I seriously do not have time. Just 2 hours a day. I can't sacrifice 9 hours of sleep for it. Sleep is productive.

So yeah. I don't have the time cuz of school. And if I dropout, i will have the time to read books/articles and all this stuff, to journal and evaluate business ideas, try some businesses, attain high income skills. You name it.

Is it wrong?
Very wrong. Reading books is pointless. Read like 20 of them and then it's the same message on a different cover. Build a profitable business and drop out when you don't have enough time for growing your business. Reading, journaling, and evaluating are nearly pointless if you haven't even started a business.

You're young and naive. Building a successful business is harder than the guy on YouTube says, and harder than it appears from the books. People manage to build businesses while working 9-5 and being a parent, don't tell us that you don't have time to study, read/journal/brainstorm, and also actually learn a monetizable skill/build a business. If you can't do it while studying in high school, you won't be able to do it after dropping out.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Calligraphy. If you ask many people if it can be useful in business, they will certainly say no. You know that brand called Apple and that fellow that was called Steve Jobs? Well, this is what he said:

When I was attending the calligraphy classes at college, I could never imagine that skill or learning will have any practical application in my life. But 10 years later when we were designing the first Macintosh computer, it all came back to me. And we designed all of my learning into the Mac. Had I never dropped in on that calligraphy course in college, the Mac would have never had multiple typefaces or beautifully proportionate font styles.”

What he learned in a calligraphy class became a driving force behind what is now a trillion-dollar company.
--
Now tell me:

How would you know the financial situation of your business if you can't run numbers? How would you determine which opportunities to go after? How will you know what you can afford to spend? You runway? (math)

Who will buy what you sell if your copy is full of grammatical errors and misspelled words? Who will if you can't write a persuasive and convincing copy? Tell me how you plan to lead and manage people (if you plan to scale your business) if you can't communicate well? (grammar).

Science is a broad term that can mean a whole lot. For the sake of the reply, I will take the broad definition of science. Here are a few ways it helps:
- analytics are rooted in science. The chance that you will have to use the analytics is pretty high.
- psychology gives you the tools to understand how people behave. I am guessing you are planning to convince people to give your their money? Psychology plays a role there
- A/B testing and many ways of running experiments are also rooted in science

I can't think of any area of life that doesn't benefit from science. The mental models from science are extremely valuable in all walks of life.

Education is failing our young by doing a terrible job of showing how what is thought can be used outside of class. You don't see now how it will be useful to you, but it is. Certain things can only be seen in hindsight. Learn the first principles of what is being taught to you. It will enrich your life and any ventures you will take.
There are little to no grammatical mistakes in my speech as you can see. We're all human, we aren't perfect, sometimes we can be wrong.

I'm in 9th grade so it's a no brainer that my math is good enough.

Now science, huh?
We'll I'm not saying everything is worthless neither I did.
The thing is majority of them are going to be. So my plan is to pursue a business or get a successful business ideas for night now and then get the skills and knowledge it requires succeed. There's a youtuber called Hamza he got the third honor degree from uk uni. He's only qualified for jobs like employee in a mc Donald's restuarant or something. However he earns 30k dollars a month with affiliate marketing, selling course, skillshare classes and YouTube ad revenue.
I know for a fact that he's an exception. It's not the case with everyone, And so is Steve jobs. Maybe Hamza would've needed the information he taught in school if he was to pursue another sorta business.

Look.
Now what you wanna say?

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Skipping a few years of education may seem like a lot of time saved to you. You have only lived for 14 years, but considering that you will live to 70+, it will just seem like the blink of an eye in hindsight.

If you had a terminal illness and was about to die soon, I'd tell you to drop out and enjoy the time you have left. Right now though, all you have is your youth (a lot of time and good health ahead of you), and probably nothing in terms of skills/experience/money/connections etc. An elderly person would probably trade their life with you, only to be able to enjoy youth again. If they had that opportunity again, what do you think would do?

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Very wrong. Reading books is pointless. Read like 20 of them and then it's the same message on a different cover. Build a profitable business and drop out when you don't have enough time for growing your business. Reading, journaling, and evaluating are nearly pointless if you haven't even started a business.

You're young and naive. Building a successful business is harder than the guy on YouTube says, and harder than it appears from the books. People manage to build businesses while working 9-5 and being a parent, don't tell us that you don't have time to study, read/journal/brainstorm, and also actually learn a monetizable skill/build a business. If you can't do it while studying in high school, you won't be able to do it after dropping out.
O
Skipping a few years of education may seem like a lot of time saved to you. You have only lived for 14 years, but considering that you will live to 70+, it will just seem like the blink of an eye in hindsight.

If you had a terminal illness and was about to die soon, I'd tell you to drop out and enjoy the time you have left. Right now though, all you have is your youth (a lot of time and good health ahead of you), and probably nothing in terms of skills/experience/money/connections etc. An elderly person would probably trade their life with you, only to be able to enjoy youth again. If they had that opportunity again, what do you think would do?
The rest of the criticism that I got from the other fastlaners here seems helpful and I'm grateful for those. But yours, I feel as though you're pretty jealous of knowing the fact that I'm just 14 yo and you wanna bring me down.

Hell no. It's not a few years. I don't wanna live in the regret of knowing that I could've been productive and have done something insanely great. Your perspective is totally wrong and passive. I wanna be the man and take massive action for my future self.
Can't imagine someone here would've said this.

Grow up man. Life's too short to wait. Hustle and grind whilst having fun. Dont just hustle. Dont just have fun. Have both.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022

The comment prior to this, I've mistakenly replied to your comment as well as the other guy's comment named Eudamonihd or something. Lol

So, you don't belive I don't have time, ok see this

5:30 am- wake up
5:30-6:00 am-gratiude journaling, reviewing goals,getting ready to go to the park for working out/calishthenics.
6:00-7:30 am- workout/calishthenics
(Mediation somewhere between 7:15 to 8:50 or something. Varies due to different workout sessions on different days. But generally it's between 25 minutes. I know it's short but so is my life. It's a bit puzzled too.).
7:30-8:35 am- get ready for school
8:35am-2:15 pm -school(including getting ready and reaching)
2:15-3:45 pm-eating,reading self improvement books(including entrepreneurial ones)
3:45-6:00 pm- Tution for about 1hr to 1hr 30 mins somedays it varies, half an hour of joking around with friends cuz it's essential for enhancing mental health
6:00-6:30 pm - reading self improvement books again.
6:30-8:30 pm- studying worthless school books to get good grades cuz parents are forcing.
8:30-9:00 pm-getting ready to sleep,eating,applying face masks for acne
9:00 pm-5:30 am- sleepin'
Look, just 2 hours. It ain't enough for a busienss to grow as you know. Not to mention I need to read some books unrelated to business, right? I don't have time to rest either.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022

Yesn't lol

Yeah that's pretty much the same thing just with different covers. But it's still worth to read 6-7 business rated books. And what about social skills? And some other self help books? Spirtual ones? The akashic records and all this woo-woo stuff? Ditch them all?

I've seen people on internet disregarding a business plan and evaluating ideas. They're biased.And even Mj. But Mj said that don't waste much time on planning go and execute. He's right.
"If you don't know what to do then discipline is worthless. If you don't have discipline then knowing what to do is worthless"
-me
I'M pretty damn wise lol(dont wanna come across as egotistical person just kiddin)

Yeah people manage to build a succesful business regardless of several time and energy consuming responsibilities. But answer. How earlier would they've made it if they wouldn't have had those responsibilities. Huh?

Building a business from scratch is ridiculously hard. I agree. But I'm willing to put in the long hours.

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 19, 2018
Please I need somebody to help me with this. Is wholesales distribution business in clothing and shoes business a fastlane?

Jobless

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
141%
Jun 8, 2017
EU
Your brain is far from fully developed yet, as such you are easily influenced. You have consumed "a lot of business content", so now you regurgitate those ideas with your own words, attempting to rationalize the decision to drop out. You have made a mental connection between "dropping out" and reaching your goals quicker, so now you try to fill in the steps between A and Z. You seek approval, because you know you don't really understand the potential consequences / pitfalls. You may not like it, but this is the truth of your subconscious.

This is good and natural, but your personal goals will change during the course of your life. Why? Because you examine yourself and learn about the biases that affect your thinking. Read a few books on that before you decide.

Edgar King

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
May 29, 2021
You want to drop out of high school, when you haven't started any projects yet?

Without applying anything you've learnt yet? Without helping anyone yet? Without earning a dollar yet? Where you're not financially burdened to?

When you can start a project this week and see where it goes while still in High school?

I'd recommend you talk to your parents, friends and even the people on this forum who've been where you are and have gone beyond before making such a drastic decision. Remember, these types of decisions can have results that last far into the future.

Probably, best to have something up and running first before considering decisions like these. You can be a successful business owner and be in high school.

Last edited:

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Your brain is far from fully developed yet, as such you are easily influenced. You have consumed "a lot of business content", so now you regurgitate those ideas with your own words, attempting to rationalize the decision to drop out. You have made a mental connection between "dropping out" and reaching your goals quicker, so now you try to fill in the steps between A and Z. You seek approval, because you know you don't really understand the potential consequences / pitfalls. You may not like it, but this is the truth of your subconscious.

This is good and natural, but your personal goals will change during the course of your life. Why? Because you examine yourself and learn about the biases that affect your thinking. Read a few books on that before you decide

This is good and natural, but your personal goals will change during the course of your life. Why? Because you examine yourself and learn about the biases that affect your thinking. Read a few books on that before you decide.
Well yeah. I haven't figured it all out. That's why I'm here askin to you guys. I'm not confident enough right this moment to drop out.

Where did you notice that I'm biased. Im not biased with anything at all. Well it's true that I wanna dropout cuz it's exciting, a ego boost as well. But these aren't the real motives. I quite understand the human brain(amygdala).

And yeah it's generally pretty easy to influence a 14 yo guy with the dreams of money, fame and status. But wisdom can come at any age. I'm rationalizing both of sides of the decision.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
You want to drop out of high school, when you haven't started any projects yet?

Without applying anything you've learnt yet? Without helping anyone? Without earning a dollar yet? Where you're not financially burdened to?

When you can start a project this week and see where it goes while still in High school?

I'd recommend you talk to your parents, friends and even the people on this forum who've been where you are and have gone beyond before making such a drastic decision. Remember, these types of decisions can have results that last far into the future.
Yeah, I haven't lol. Alright i gotta be serious.
Well yeah. I haven't figured it all out. That's why I'm here askin to you guys. I'm not confident enough right this moment to drop out.

Where did you notice that I'm biased. Im not biased with anything at all. Well it's true that I wanna dropout cuz it's exciting, a ego boost as well. But these aren't the real motives. I quite understand the human brain(amygdala).

And yeah it's generally pretty easy to influence a 14 yo guy with the dreams of money, fame and status. But wisdom can come at any age. I'm rationalizing both of sides of the decision.

A week or two ago I've made an youtube video script. The script was self improvement-mental health. I still have about 12 content/topics to make videos about. But i decided not to upload and first complete reading the millionaire fastlane and 4 hour work week. But a week ago my school was closed but now it no longer is. So not enough time for that. Thats why getting the thought to drop the hell outta high school

I'm considering gettin advice from people. What thoughts you've? Would love to hear.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
Yeah, I haven't lol. Alright i gotta be serious.

A week or two ago I've made an youtube video script. The script was self improvement-mental health. I still have about 12 content/topics to make videos about. But i decided not to upload and first complete reading the millionaire fastlane and 4 hour work week. But a week ago my school was closed but now it no longer is. So not enough time for that. Thats why getting the thought to drop the hell outta high school

I'm considering gettin advice from people. What thoughts you've? Would love to hear.
And I would have some more topics to make video about in the future cuz I'm introspective and self aware. I would share my learning lessons.

Tubs

Starting fresh
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Apr 5, 2019
VA
I'm 14 y/o as you could see in the title. An indian guy, rn in 9th grade. I've read the millionaire fastlane and halfway through the 4 hour work week by tim. In addition to that, I've consumed a lot of business content on yt and articles. Watched all the buisness vidoes of Hamza(he's an youtuber, some of you might know him) as well as his self improvement videos. So, I'm not here merely to attain wisdom and be a leeche. I've some wisdom to provide too. I'm yet to pursue a fastlane business. I haven't had decided it yet. I'm pretty confused. I need to journal and read a chapter of the millionaire fastlane thoroughly again which I'm gonna do after this. So I was about to ask if you guys have some advice for me regarding dropping out. I've been pretty anxious about this for the last week. I'm havin a hard time deciding whether I should drop out and what to do next. So I'd be hella grateful if I get some help fellas. Please help your new homie. And thanks a lot Mj for the millionaire fastlane. I can't express my gratitude for you.
Personally I wouldn't drop out yet. Being that you're so young and still at the start of your journey. Being a highschool student is pretty easy, and you should have plenty of free time to work on a side business to gain experience, learn, and make some money.
You shouldn't underestimate the status of being a student either. The world is a much easier place when you can say that you're still learning, you should honestly leverage it. You could start some kind of after school business club where you meet and work with other like-minded students. You could find successful business owners in your area and interview them as some kind of extracurricular activity.

Honestly it's great that you managed to find this stuff at such a young age. But I'd advise against making any rash decisions untill you have some achievements in business that could justify going at it full time.

SteveO

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
Jul 24, 2007
I dropped out also. Didn't finish 10th grade.

I paid for this though.

I had children at an early age and worked real hard at minimum wage jobs for many years.

I was very driven at work and eventually began working my way up in my job. This helped me build capital to begin building a business in real estate.

Was able to quit my job at forty.

I became successful enough but wasted a lot of years.

Dropping out of high school definitely slowed my path.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
I dropped out also. Didn't finish 10th grade.

I paid for this though.

I had children at an early age and worked real hard at minimum wage jobs for many years.

I was very driven at work and eventually began working my way up in my job. This helped me build capital to begin building a business in real estate.

Was able to quit my job at forty.

I became successful enough but wasted a lot of years.

Dropping out of high school definitely slowed my path.
I feel sorry for you homie. It makes me happy that you're succesful after going through hardships. What business do you've? Askin outta curiosity.

Why did you dropped out? Did you read entrepreneurial book right after dropping out? Did you have a plan and did you have an group of like minded people? Did you have mentors at that time? Did you have a side hustle when you were in high school? Did you work on your business? I'm not gonna have children untill I'm succesful. Let's say I'd almost attain my dream life by the afe of 20 or 21. That being said, I'm not gonna have children untill 27 or 28.

What do you recommend?

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
I merely have 2 hours for business and learning. I've got to sacrifice self studying for 2 hours to get 2 more hours. And one and a half hour for my fitness/workout. Somwhere up in the replies there's my routine. Do you've some recommendation? Meaning, what things should I reduce or cut out?

Thanks for the advice tubs. What business do you've btw? And what you think about the education I'm being taught in schools?
Personally I wouldn't drop out yet. Being that you're so young and still at the start of your journey. Being a highschool student is pretty easy, and you should have plenty of free time to work on a side business to gain experience, learn, and make some money.
You shouldn't underestimate the status of being a student either. The world is a much easier place when you can say that you're still learning, you should honestly leverage it. You could start some kind of after school business club where you meet and work with other like-minded students. You could find successful business owners in your area and interview them as some kind of extracurricular activity.

Honestly it's great that you managed to find this stuff at such a young age. But I'd advise against making any rash decisions untill you have some achievements in business that could justify going at it full time.

annmarieski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 13, 2022
So I think I can speak here with some experince since I did drop out of high school out of 9th grade so highest level of completion was the 8th grade...but i was emancipated and able to do so at 16. I did so not by choice really I had heavy bills at 16 with an apt, car, gas, food, electricity and etc and worked a fulltime job - so my situation may have been different however the decision to do so was not to be taken lightly. Although we live in different times I can look back and if i knew what i know now I would of planned my life better, I had no guidance though as you are getting even here. At 19 I had to go back and get my GED because simply that was the minum for anything I wanted to do, HOWEVER I made it harder on my older self by not simply doing this right out of HS which I was qualified to do and likely would of passed more easily. I know many people that regret waiting to just get it done.
You may not want to wait till graduation 18 but finish early if you can I'd recommend. You think you know what you want but we always grow up and change our mind, which is fine and expected for everyone as they learn and experince more.
Give your future self at least more opportinities IF it's needed or simply as a back up. When you are out on your own with bills and etc it's a much different story.
I would say looking back after college and grad school (now 37) that I learned about fundamental processes from school, HOW to actual learn AND apply the knowledge...its all about the process which MJ highlights in his books.
Of course I am not using the actual stuff I learned but the HOW to learn and HOW to apply is key that you can always improve upon no matter what stage you are in...so the feeling of impulse and rush you feel now will definitly eat at you later in business if you don't master it with patience and methodical planning.

Hope it helps

Best in your journey.

Awakened potato

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
13%
Apr 13, 2022
WWha do
So I think I can speak here with some experince since I did drop out of high school out of 9th grade so highest level of completion was the 8th grade...but i was emancipated and able to do so at 16. I did so not by choice really I had heavy bills at 16 with an apt, car, gas, food, electricity and etc and worked a fulltime job - so my situation may have been different however the decision to do so was not to be taken lightly. Although we live in different times I can look back and if i knew what i know now I would of planned my life better, I had no guidance though as you are getting even here. At 19 I had to go back and get my GED because simply that was the minum for anything I wanted to do, HOWEVER I made it harder on my older self by not simply doing this right out of HS which I was qualified to do and likely would of passed more easily. I know many people that regret waiting to just get it done.
You may not want to wait till graduation 18 but finish early if you can I'd recommend. You think you know what you want but we always grow up and change our mind, which is fine and expected for everyone as they learn and experince more.
Give your future self at least more opportinities IF it's needed or simply as a back up. When you are out on your own with bills and etc it's a much different story.
I would say looking back after college and grad school (now 37) that I learned about fundamental processes from school, HOW to actual learn AND apply the knowledge...its all about the process which MJ highlights in his books.
Of course I am not using the actual stuff I learned but the HOW to learn and HOW to apply is key that you can always improve upon no matter what stage you are in...so the feeling of impulse and rush you feel now will definitly eat at you later in business if you don't master it with patience and methodical planning.

Hope it helps

Best in your journey.
What do you mean by I know what I want and I might change my mind? I didn't get it.

You got the Any-benefit mindset. Meaning, people will do the stuff if it's easier but a low ROiI/beneficial just to avoid the discomfort. Or maybe it's not the case with everyone. Not everyone do this just to resist the discomfort but some other reasons that I've no idea about.

Here you said that it directly didn't help you what you learnt in school but learning helped you to know how to apply the learned knowledge and how to actually learn.
You could've get those benefits along with business knowledge if you've given your focus to entrepreneurial books and stuff.

I've asked for recommendations and now here I'm criticizing you lol.
So yeah. I'm rational, in rush but controlling myself and being stoic.

Thanks for the recommendations. That's worth so much to me. And what thoughts do you've on the education for the aspiring entrepreneurs taught in schools? Is it worth it? In your case it wasn't though as you've said.

Hong_Kong

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
126%
Apr 7, 2022
The comment prior to this, I've mistakenly replied to your comment as well as the other guy's comment named Eudamonihd or something. Lol

So, you don't belive I don't have time, ok see this

5:30 am- wake up
5:30-6:00 am-gratiude journaling, reviewing goals,getting ready to go to the park for working out/calishthenics.
6:00-7:30 am- workout/calishthenics
(Mediation somewhere between 7:15 to 8:50 or something. Varies due to different workout sessions on different days. But generally it's between 25 minutes. I know it's short but so is my life. It's a bit puzzled too.).
7:30-8:35 am- get ready for school
8:35am-2:15 pm -school(including getting ready and reaching)
2:15-3:45 pm-eating,reading self improvement books(including entrepreneurial ones)
3:45-6:00 pm- Tution for about 1hr to 1hr 30 mins somedays it varies, half an hour of joking around with friends cuz it's essential for enhancing mental health
6:00-6:30 pm - reading self improvement books again.
6:30-8:30 pm- studying worthless school books to get good grades cuz parents are forcing.
8:30-9:00 pm-getting ready to sleep,eating,applying face masks for acne
9:00 pm-5:30 am- sleepin'
Look, just 2 hours. It ain't enough for a busienss to grow as you know. Not to mention I need to read some books unrelated to business, right? I don't have time to rest either.
You could start a biz with the time between 5:30am - 7:30am. This was time spent writing in your journal, working out, setting goals and meditating? Skip the journal, look up a workout you can do it 7 minutes. The US Air Force Chief of staff does a 7 minute workout every morning, with no equipment right on his floor. He has a spreadsheet to randomize the workout. There are short HIIT workouts you can do it save time. Skip the meditation. Writing your goals should take 5 minutes maximum.

2:15 - 3:45 pm. You seem confident in biz, skip the books and just start selling / making money.
6 - 6:30 pm. Work on the biz instead of reading.
6:30 - 8:30. Okay still study.
8:30 - 9 pm. Make this 10 minutes instead.

These changes allow you to work on your biz, and still do school. You would have almost 5 hours per day that you could use to freelance, write content for a website, start a service biz, design a product, etc.

Could you drop out and still make tons of money? Sure, there's others that have done it. But I don't think that would be the best option, and I think it has more future downsides than you're anticipating.

There are many online schools that are more flexible with schedule. You could work on school some days, then just work on biz others.

annmarieski

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
400%
Apr 13, 2022
What do you mean by I know what I want and I might change my mind? I didn't get it.
Only that you do not know what you do not know. Knowledge is one thing, and experience is another. Once you experience more you gain real-life data that you may need to pivot and change for. It's like reading a menu at a restaurant, you can read the ingredient all day long like all the ingredients ideally but the actual experience of tasting and eating the food will give you more data about the food to know if you actually like it or not....so it is typical that people do change their frame of mind with more experience and data from the world as they engage it. It's hard to be aware of all the biases that may be influencing you now until we experience and grow to reflect back with a greater awareness.
I've asked for recommendations and now here I'm criticizing you lol.
So yeah. I'm rational, in rush but controlling myself and being stoic.
As long as you are aware you are doing so :) I am far from being easily offended by any criticism.
Thanks for the recommendations. That's worth so much to me. And what thoughts do you've on the education for the aspiring entrepreneurs taught in schools? Is it worth it? In your case it wasn't though as you've said.
The actual content within the educational system (during HS) was less of value but a necessary stepping stone which was a right of passage to the next step even now in my entrepreneurship.

Given that you are living at home - your mindset will hugely shift once you are forced to pay rent or living expenses. Given you would need buy-in from your parents as of NOW to even drop out I would say that it too is a necessary pre-req for them to continue to support you without major discomfort on your end and freedom to pursue your other ventures while they support you with a home, food and etc.

When you have to live off your entrepreneurship money and don't have the "safety net" that would cause you to take more risks now - it's hard to comprehend until you live it. All you know is all you know and not yet experienced really.

So my advice is to reframe how you see the school and just get it done in a measly few years as you have your whole life to be an entrepreneur or simply create time to do it at the same time as noted in other comments above.

All the best!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...