The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.
Social media marketing, advertising, and growth

jesseissorude

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
213%
Jun 12, 2014
Nashville
Hey all! I won't be updating this thread anymore but I wanted to tag on a final post.

I've used these tactics through the end of 2019 and ALL of 2020. Here's what I found in order of importance:
  1. Post frequently. 3x/wk to the news feed, and 7x/wk (or more!) to stories seems to be my sweet spot, but YMMV for your niche
  2. Planoly (or another post scheduler). Use it, batch posts, then forget about it. Instead of autopost, I like to let Planoly tell me that it's time to post. That way I'm on IG and liking and commenting on pics at the same time I'm posting. Just personal preference.
  3. Hashtags! Use relevant ones (repeat: relevant!). Tailwind App seems to have the best way to find relevant tags. Then, when there are ones I find myself using often, I add them to lists in Planoly so I can add them quickly. A notepad/evernote on your phone of your best hashtags is another good option.
  4. Design of your profile. Have a nice grid, have some good stories highlighted, and (most important) make your profile description & link work for you. I change this description often to match what my current marketing strategy is. (Were you just on a podcast? Ask people to click your profile link to listen. Have a sale going on? Tell people to click the link to shop the sale. Trying to convert IG followers to email list? Ask them to click the link and sign up.)
That's it! Notice I didn't ask you to pay for anything. Worry about that once you have 10k followers.
If post #1 in this thread boils down to anything, it's those 4 points.

Extra Notes:
  • FB launched FB Commerce and IG Storefronts. They seemed to be leaning into that hard through 2020 and I bet you'll see that take off in 2021.
  • Do what you can to get reposted by relevant accounts. Tag them in stories you post (if they are relevant(!!) to that other account). Have convos with them. Be a normal human, not some spam bot. You could even join forces and do a joint giveaway, essentially swapping audiences with a similar-sized account.
  • Bounce followers down to your email list. IG followers are dope, but once they are following, I want to get them more engaged. For me, a good way to do this was to periodically ask them if they are signed up for my email list yet. I'll say something like "Hey, mailing list members are getting a huge discount for the rest of this week. If you are on the list, check your email... if you aren't on the list, click the link in my bio and I'll send you the code/details/enter-you-in-the-giveaway/etc."

Thanks for reading all! I hope this thread helped! My IG outreach looks so different now.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Filinoff

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 10, 2020
New York
Very cool posts. I recently started to work with this social network, my page is related to business so I want to get more followers. Maybe you can share some more tips and tricks? I'm now working by this video, maybe it will be useful for someone of you

View: https://youtu.be/D2qW1_ISoSw

Filinoff

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Jun 10, 2020
New York
By the way I also saw a lot of offers for something like buying other Instagram likes, followers and comments in social networks. As I understood these services are quite popular for modern users. I think even celebrities sometimes buy likes to provide more attention to their posts? What do you think about this in general? Is it worth trying?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.