The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Social media strategy: Instagram vs. TikTok

Marketing, social media, advertising

Benjamin Pavliha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 18, 2022
Dubai, UAE
Hey fellow entrepreneurs, I hope you are well. My niche is helping entrepreneurs and professionals get control of their alcohol drinking. A bit more than 6 weeks ago I launched my Instagram and TikTok account in order to start building my brand and generating leads. If you check both of my accounts below, you can see that on Instagram I obtained 190 followers and 53k total reel views, while on TikTok I managed to obtain 8.6k followers and more than 3.8 million total video views.

TikTok account: Ben Pavliha (@benpavliha) | TikTok
IG account: https://www.instagram.com/benpavliha/

Why am I getting so much bigger exposure on TikTok even though I am posting exactly the same content and using the same titles/descriptions/hashtags as on Instagram? Are the algorithms on each platform so much different? Do you perhaps have any tips on how to grow my Instagram account?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
Why am I getting so much bigger exposure on TikTok even though I am posting exactly the same content and using the same titles/descriptions/hashtags as on Instagram? Are the algorithms on each platform so much different?
Hard to say. Certain content just does way better on TikTok, and vice versa.

Your content is awesome, very dialed. Give it time; Grind it out to 100 videos, then look back and adjust.

BigRomeDawg

Gold Contributor
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jan 22, 2014
Canada/USA
These probably aren't news to you, alas..

- Collaborate. Use the dual tag feature. Steal their audiences.
- Engage with other accounts. Just a theory, but I think Instagram likes this, as opposed to TikTok, where you can be a bit more hands-off and just post.

Post 10 times a day
Gary V enters the chat

Laksh Ramesh

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Jan 4, 2023
I do really think Tiktok has more audience/users comprised of young generation more exposed to social norms such as ( drinking, hookups etc.) which have a guilt trip to watching your content and share it to their similar friends which has increased reach/views. Instagram is comprised of overall audience not just a younger generation and has also based its algorithm not only on reels but on extent to posting carousel/pictures and how frequently you are posting in compared to tiktok which has a spontaneous reaction to your content. These are my views on the topic, I may be wrong too

Benjamin Pavliha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 18, 2022
Dubai, UAE
These probably aren't news to you, alas..

- Collaborate. Use the dual tag feature. Steal their audiences.
- Engage with other accounts. Just a theory, but I think Instagram likes this, as opposed to TikTok, where you can be a bit more hands-off and just post.

Gary V enters the chat
Thank you for these tips - this is something I haven't tried before, so I will definitely implement it in the upcoming weeks.

Benjamin Pavliha

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Oct 18, 2022
Dubai, UAE
I do really think Tiktok has more audience/users comprised of young generation more exposed to social norms such as ( drinking, hookups etc.) which have a guilt trip to watching your content and share it to their similar friends which has increased reach/views. Instagram is comprised of overall audience not just a younger generation and has also based its algorithm not only on reels but on extent to posting carousel/pictures and how frequently you are posting in compared to tiktok which has a spontaneous reaction to your content. These are my views on the topic, I may be wrong too
Thanks for sharing this - it does make sense, as TikTok is predominately used by Gen Z, while I assume Instagram is slowly but surely becoming what Facebook is now - a platform for all generations.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.