The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to get 10k Instagram followers(or more) in less than 90 days

Marketing, social media, advertising

How many followers do you have on Instagram?

• Less than 1k

Votes: 61 78.2%
  • 1k-5k

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • 5k-10k

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • 10k-100k

• 100k and up

• Total voters

Auhrl

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
200%
Dec 27, 2017
Chile
Awesome @Martin Z . Your post is very useful and detailed, will be watching the videos through the Afternoon.

I intend to help a pet store of fishes (don't know how they are called on english, aquarium?) grow its Instagram account.

Currently I'm doing the Market research and it seems to be a reduced niche, but for learning purposes and lend a hand to a friend will work things out for good.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

football4life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Oct 16, 2022
Awesome @Martin Z . Your post is very useful and detailed, will be watching the videos through the Afternoon.

I intend to help a pet store of fishes (don't know how they are called on english, aquarium?) grow its Instagram account.

Currently I'm doing the Market research and it seems to be a reduced niche, but for learning purposes and lend a hand to a friend will work things out for good.
i think it is just best to stick to animal related content and see what performs best there. fish are in the animals niche...

MMatt

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Nov 14, 2011
Quick technical question, perhaps you have some insight. Do you know if Instagram penalizes reels that have a tik tok watermark in them? I have been reposting my tik tok videos to my Instagram reels and the views/ engagement are non-existent. I'm using relevant tags and I have some video editing experience so I don't think it's a video problem.

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
some people claim that insta is too competitive to grow in 2022... maybe theyre just lazy?
It's absolutely possible. It's harder than what it was let's say 5-6 years ago but there's still potential in this app. Got at least a good couple of years before it will reach a flatline.

See what works in the fish space and copy the BPPs. I have no idea what it is so you have to dig deep and see which fish content performs the best on Instagram. Or Animal related content in general.

Quick technical question, perhaps you have some insight. Do you know if Instagram penalizes reels that have a tik tok watermark in them? I have been reposting my tik tok videos to my Instagram reels and the views/ engagement are non-existent. I'm using relevant tags and I have some video editing experience so I don't think it's a video problem.
Not from what I know. We've had a couple of tiktok videos on our IG accounts and they've performed very well.

What's your IG handle? Maybe you lack the traction on your Instagram profile?

nachofervi

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Sep 12, 2022
Very useful thread with incredible value.

I am curious on what are your thoughts and how you've implemented the new feature called "Topics" that Instagram has recently added.

RoadToLiberation

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Dec 24, 2021
Great content here - thanks a lot for putting it out there. I just started up an IG account for a new business venture and have both taken notes for future techniques and already started utilizing some of them. The competitor research via a spreadsheet is a bit tedious but valuable as I learn to craft my page accordingly. Appreciate it!

football4life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Oct 16, 2022
Great content here - thanks a lot for putting it out there. I just started up an IG account for a new business venture and have both taken notes for future techniques and already started utilizing some of them. The competitor research via a spreadsheet is a bit tedious but valuable as I learn to craft my page accordingly. Appreciate it!
This thread should be gold. It's really good actually!

K1 Lambo

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
138%
Oct 11, 2021
Oslo
Very useful thread with incredible value.

I am curious on what are your thoughts and how you've implemented the new feature called "Topics" that Instagram has recently added.
Thanks. We haven't used them so far.

You're welcome. This is a proven strategy from someone who's managing over 40-50 million followers on Insta(from my mentor who is managing very big Instagram accounts) :). Yes, it's not the most fun thing to do but remember that doing these "boring" tasks is what separates winning from losing.

football4life

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
97%
Oct 16, 2022
You're welcome. This is a proven strategy from someone who's managing over 40-50 million followers on Insta(from my mentor who is managing very big Instagram accounts) :). Yes, it's not the most fun thing to do but remember that doing these "boring" tasks is what separates winning from losing.
can you say who it is!!! is it gary v!

Shopperaffine

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 3, 2023
some people claim that insta is too competitive to grow in 2022... maybe theyre just lazy?
Hi Martin, I came across your article here while researching im-depth ways to increase my brand awareness and following during my pre-launch phase over the next 3 months. I’m launching my Shopify womens apparel line (print and knit on demand) higher end clothing and accessories. I really appreciate all of the thought and details in your article. I’m also thinking about how to apply the strategies during this pre-launch phase of my store since I’m still fine-tuning patterns, pieces, etc., as well as creating aesthetically pleasing IG reels??? Any thoughts on that?

Matix221

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jul 7, 2023
Hi, it's a good quality content here, thanks bro for sharing that :), I have one question please.
Can I grow my memes IG account with repetitive content ? Like download only the funniest reels and repost them like it was mine ?

Cathy790

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 13, 2024
Just like the title suggests;

I've already uploaded a video that's gonna talk about the main points(see below), but I'm going to write some key points here for those of you who don't have the time to watch the whole video. I'm doing this because I keep getting requests and messages on my Quora page, so I've decided to publish this video here because I know you're a better audience and you will take more action than fellow Quorians. This

This is all about getting organic growth on Instagram with more followers. No fake followers or automation was involved here or in any pictures whatsoever. Just skills, and and a little bit of luck.

So, let's get to the point.

Just gonna put these images to show that I'm qualified to talk about this:

View attachment 45496View attachment 45497View attachment 45498View attachment 45499View attachment 45500View attachment 45501View attachment 45502View attachment 45503View attachment 45504

Also had one smoking hot Colombian model who I believe got about 300k-350k account reached from one photo alone, but her picture got deleted because it violated Instagram's "terms of service" when you can find half naked girls everywhere on the platform which I find ironic. But that's beside point. Here's the real meat of this:

HOW TO GROW YOUR INSTAGRAM TO 10K FOLLOWERS OR MORE IN LESS THAN 90 DAYS,

Key points =>

1. Market Research.

You need to see what works and most importantly, WHAT doesn't work on Instagram. No need to try and revolutionize the app. This app is over 10 years old and there are successful accounts on here. Model what they do. It's just like if I wanted to learn how to play Basketball. Am I gonna learn from my lazy friend who "thinks" he knows Basketball or Michael Jordan? Quite obvious.

See what type of content your best competitors are using; Are they using more Reels than normal posts? What's the ratio? Is it 3:1? Or 4:1? If they do post, how often? Do they respond to their comments? How long are their videos? What type of posts do they use? Black images? White images? Zebra images? Purple images?

How many hashtags do they use? 15 or 20? Or none? Maybe they use 25 and up?

Write it down and analyze at least 20-30 BIG competitors. You'll start to see patterns as to WHY they're successful VS small 100 follower accounts, who may only have 1 or 2 out of 25 traits.

2. Content
Directly tied to the first one. Videos on average perform much better than photos. Why? a) Way more engaging. People are more likely to click on a video, especially if it's a good thumbnail(bad a$$ car, thirst traps from girls, omg or wow type of thumbnails etc.) and b) videos have something called watch time, which is a very critical metric that algorithms use to see if a piece of content is valuable or not. Which is why podcasts, vlogging and all this stuff is so popular today. Plus, they can milk the cow even more. Longer formated videos => more potential for ads => More $$$$.

3. Consistency
You need to post at least once or twice a day, especially if you have less than 5k followers. Consistency is king. If you can post 3-4 times a day, there's a high chance you'll blow up in the hashtag page/s or the explorer page, sometimes both(happened to our accounts). And last, but not least:

4. Networking
Try to collaborate with other accounts in your niche/industry. Not that impactful when you're small, but really works once you're in the 10k or 20k followers range. Helps massively once you're at 100k and up.

I'll go in depth for each subsequent point in the next couple of days here on this thread.

Here's the video:

If you got any specific questions related to Instagram that you'd like me to answer or cover in the next video/s, then message me here or comment below! Cheers fellas.
Nice strategy. Happy for you.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.