The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This guy finally decided to crank it up a notch, again? + Intro (long)

Mircea Toma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 2, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
Hello, from Romania!

First I would love to start with saying that I love this forum and its active side and members. That's what I was seeking this time. A community of proactive entrepreneurs to aid my journey. Maybe I can make a few friends too, because, as you may know, entrepreneurship is kind of lonely :(.

But enough with the sad stuff. I invite you to my short version of my entrepreneurship journey.

When I was little I was never kind of a social guy but not an introvert either. I was just between extroverted and introverted. I wasn't really interested in entrepreneurship or never had any passion for selling, I was kind of silver spooned or spoiled too by my family, so I never had to struggle for anything.

I was average at school, getting average grades, I was gaming hard (around 7 hours average) every day, and I was fat because I was sedentary.

That behavior of me held until I was 17.

When I was on a holiday with my friends that I had back then, I smoked some weed like every other teenager, and I was hit hard by a wave of anxiety. That was my first panic attack.

From then I developed severe panic attacks that kept boggling my life. I couldn't even take public transportation, I was scared that I was dying.

Went to the doctors, no health problem.

THEN, I dove into personal development head on. I surrounded myself with self-development books and took action. Applied everything and I was trying to optimize my life. Every day I was feeling better and stronger with the proper and normal setbacks from time to time.

At that time I realized that if I would work enclosed into an office, that would be the death of me and that would stop me to have the freedom I always craved for.

Fast forward to now, 22 years old, I developed an even deeper passion and proactiveness for business and helping people. Had 3 businesses that generated me some money but after some time failed.

I would love to learn from your stories, help and give value here and there where I see that I fit.

I am sorry for the long post, I haven't revealed my life story to a mass audience like this, but, I trust this community so this made me open myself.

TL;DR: I was struck by panic attacks that developed into a general anxiety disorder, I healed myself without taking medication, diving head-on into self-development and being proactive and positive.
By that time I decided to live my life free of "The boss" or "The J.O.B". So I persevered and had 3 businesses that ultimately failed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Sheens

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Jan 13, 2018
USA
Welcome to the forum!

I don't believe you mentioned having read either of MJ's books but that should be a top priority!

Great to hear you are continuing to develop your mindset. Also focusing on how you can help others can guide you to your fourth business!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome my friend, appreciate the intro. Hope the book is helpful.

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Mircea. After you finish Millionaire Fastlane I also recommend UNSCRIPTED . The GOLD and NOTABLE threads here are fantastic. I'm still working my way through them. Looking forward to sharing your journey.

Roli

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
160%
Jun 3, 2015
Hello, from Romania!

First I would love to start with saying that I love this forum and its active side and members. That's what I was seeking this time. A community of proactive entrepreneurs to aid my journey. Maybe I can make a few friends too, because, as you may know, entrepreneurship is kind of lonely :(.

But enough with the sad stuff. I invite you to my short version of my entrepreneurship journey.

When I was little I was never kind of a social guy but not an introvert either. I was just between extroverted and introverted. I wasn't really interested in entrepreneurship or never had any passion for selling, I was kind of silver spooned or spoiled too by my family, so I never had to struggle for anything.

I was average at school, getting average grades, I was gaming hard (around 7 hours average) every day, and I was fat because I was sedentary.

That behavior of me held until I was 17.

When I was on a holiday with my friends that I had back then, I smoked some weed like every other teenager, and I was hit hard by a wave of anxiety. That was my first panic attack.

From then I developed severe panic attacks that kept boggling my life. I couldn't even take public transportation, I was scared that I was dying.

Went to the doctors, no health problem.

THEN, I dove into personal development head on. I surrounded myself with self-development books and took action. Applied everything and I was trying to optimize my life. Every day I was feeling better and stronger with the proper and normal setbacks from time to time.

At that time I realized that if I would work enclosed into an office, that would be the death of me and that would stop me to have the freedom I always craved for.

Fast forward to now, 22 years old, I developed an even deeper passion and proactiveness for business and helping people. Had 3 businesses that generated me some money but after some time failed.

I would love to learn from your stories, help and give value here and there where I see that I fit.

I am sorry for the long post, I haven't revealed my life story to a mass audience like this, but, I trust this community so this made me open myself.

TL;DR: I was struck by panic attacks that developed into a general anxiety disorder, I healed myself without taking medication, diving head-on into self-development and being proactive and positive.
By that time I decided to live my life free of "The boss" or "The J.O.B". So I persevered and had 3 businesses that ultimately failed.

Welcome to the forum! Glad to hear that you have pulled yourself out of your earlier sedentary lifestyle, I'm looking forward to hearing your hustle :)

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

Welcome Mircea, nice to have you aboard. So tell us more about your three previous businesses. Why do you think they failed and what did you learn from the experience?

Mircea Toma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 2, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
I am grateful for all the people who replied. Thanks for all the support!

I will study some gold and notable threads as you advised, as it will help me in my process!

Mircea Toma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 2, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
Welcome Mircea, nice to have you aboard. So tell us more about your three previous businesses. Why do you think they failed and what did you learn from the experience?

I started my first e-commerce business 3 yrs ago. I was trying to sell t-shirts on the internet.t; that was what I was thinking that I was doing back then. I made a design, I put it on a t-shirt and then shared my t-shirt design on facebook groups. It was based on a dropshipping model.

When I saw that no one wanted my design, I bailed out. It was too hard for me for that particular time. I had no perseverence, no ambition, no drive. And I surely lacked discipline, that was another problem for me. I couldn't stick with something to eventually make it happen.

But I slowly built on that, based on my previous guitar experience: If you play guitar for the first time, your fingers will hurt like hell because you are not experienced with the tension the guitar strings put on your skin.
After a few weeks it gets better and better, and eventually after 3 years of playing, you will not feel a thing.

Second entrepreneurial journey was with a friend that I partnered up with to make a ecommerce store that will generate reve nue in minimum 3 months. Things went well, because he was motivated and driven and that made me become like that too.

We generated revenue into the second month, using Instagram influencers. Gosh, I even remembered how happy I was when I made my first sale. Something clicked in me, it gave me confidence and a reason to continue.
Sadly, I haven't realized that I was selling copyrighted stuff from AliExpress and that was bad enough so we stopped.

Third business was an Instagram agency that I started with the same friend mentioned above. It went really well, everything was working well but I decided that I wanted to build my own agency with more services to offer and a higher price point.

So here I am now.

Sorry for the long post and my english!

Last edited:

NMdad

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Aug 6, 2017
New Mexico
But I slowly built on that, based on my previous guitar experience: If you play guitar for the first time, your fingers will hurt like hell because you are not experienced with the tension the guitar strings put on your skin.
After a few weeks it gets better and better, and eventually after 3 years of playing, you will not feel a thing.
So true, and it's a great analogy to tackling an unfamiliar challenge--like many things in entrepreneurship. Most people give up early, at the first sign of discomfort; those who persist improve and reap the rewards.

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain

So true, and it's a great analogy to tackling an unfamiliar challenge--like many things in entrepreneurship. Most people give up early, at the first sign of discomfort; those who persist improve and reap the rewards.

Yes, you build up callouses like you do experience. They both help with progressing from early failures to futures success. Thanks for the detailed write up.

lowtek

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
332%
Oct 3, 2015
Phoenix, AZ
22 and 3 businesses already? Wish I had followed a similar path. I didn't wake up until my early 30s.

You'll go far in life, welcome to the forum.

Mircea Toma

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
115%
Mar 2, 2019
Bucharest, Romania
22 and 3 businesses already? Wish I had followed a similar path. I didn't wake up until my early 30s.

You'll go far in life, welcome to the forum.

Yea, if I didn't have that rude awakening I wouldn't have had the same mentality. Maybe later in life but not now.
I work on my other soft skills now like urgency and productivity.

Thanks for the welcoming, @lowtek
I am also really happy to see that all of you guys are active and helping the community so this really motivates me to contribute.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...