The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Finally decided to jump off from Slow to Fastlane...

D3kaB1u3

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Nov 14, 2019
Zulia, Venezuela
Hi, my name is Nelson and i´ve been lurking this forum from time to time since 2016.

I´m a Graphic Designer with a diploma in Video editing but what drives my passion is illustration and animation.

Overall i´m a very determined person who consistently achieves the goals i set up (and shut some mouths at the same time). But being where am i right now wasn´t easy as i had to endure many obstacles (most of them were a challenge to my patience) and when i succeed with a goal i feel satisfied.

With my illustration skills i was able to afford equipment that i´ve never expected to acquire. Though i´ve also made some terrible decisions that ended up not as a regret, but as pure learning.

I despise the role of the "Boss" due to some bad experiences on my first workplace and since January 2015, i use the word as a derogative term and i replaced it with the Role of the Leader, that inspires more Respect.

On my Third workplace (An English Learning Academy), i briefly made a difference by not just reviving my City´s Branch Instagram account and take it from 3 followers to 500 during the 3 months i was employed, i also came up with ideas that no other branch of the academy Nationwide had and quality was very important for me. Nothing lasts forever and i was laid off alongside the other Community Managers of the Academy Nationwide Early September 2018, During that time i Teamed up with my Sister and we formed a Community Management + Grapic Design entrepenourship using those skills that i learned during that year´s summer and we got a client for a short time. Then comes a call from My City´s Academy Branch, calling me again for an activity and we delivered (as My Sister jumped in to be my support of the task by helping me with image editing, she´s not a graphic designer but had a quick learning with Tutorials and any piece of info she asked me) But to be honest while the work was being done, i was feeling more and more burned out, i only wanted to go back to drawing and living of that as it proved more successful in 2014, 2017 and even today and from those gigs i was able to invest on my current work equipment (PC and my Drawing Tablet), I want to really live off my drawings not just for the revenue i could get, but also it opened me the doors to meet people that shares the same passion to draw as me and i often give them pieces of advice from my experience. Being a Freelance Illustrator really satisfies me more than any regular work i was previously involved and the good part of it is that it leads you to be reffered with others (that´s how i landed my first Paid commission in 2014) to have at least one regular customer (like i used to have in Upwork back in 2017), now i want to live off this as others actually does (not that well, but enough to live perfectly fine) and while sometimes i was questioned or frowned upon, I have my Family 100% backing me up on this, so my success is also theirs.

Right now, i work with my experience with Graphic Design, image and video editing for my Sister´s Entrepenourship with her Associate, an English Learning Academy, where i repeated the success of the previous Academy i worked for, still my North is a different one and i´m still determined to reach that Goal, now moving away, thus, my reason to jump to the Fastlane.

@MJ DeMarco - I´ve read the first chapters of TMF and i had a moment like you had on your story and it takes place around 2015, while i was with my Dad picking up my Sister from her workplace, on our way back home,we were waiting for the light to change to green, on the right lane of us, a few cars behind, there was an unusual car on circulation, a White Corvette (i´m a Corvette Guy) and i coul only stare at it as it was driving on the same way as us until it continued it´s way forward and we were almost at home and we had to enter the residential area. It was very surreal that something like that just happened like your book , yet, very motivating indeed.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...