The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Selling slowlane solutions - Controversial?

Anything related to matters of the mind

CaioSakai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 7, 2018
Brazil, Sao Paulo
Hello everyone,

Currently I'm in my way to execute my first business ideas and the top one currently has one detail that is making me wonder, could this idea contradict some of our Fastlane beliefs and how this mindset could sabotage my efforts.

So, what is this idea? Currently I'm seeing some large opportunities in capabilities and hard skills that college students in my country, for example in Microsoft Excel. So I was looking into developing courses with these target audience in mind focused on bringing up their chances in some Excel tests that usually are applied for a lot of entry level jobs (intern/annalists). BTW if I move the idea forward this will be an execution topic for you guys to learn from my challenges/failures as well :thumbsup:

Right now I'm validating the need to be sure to not violate the need commandment but one thing got to my mind: "How hypocritical is my idea to sell 'slowlane enabler tickets' since I utterly believe in the fastlane and unscripted mindset? I'm pushing some potential entrepreneur down a path that caused so much frustration and anger instead of leveraging their potetial?". I know they should be responsible for their own choices but as some Gurus we all point out as Slowlane prophets selling bad ideas, will I become a part of this and not walk the talk?

I'm not 100% sure of how you guys feel about it and if this thoughts ever crossed your minds but I wanted to share this current internal challenge I'm feeling since I did not found any similar topic in the forum!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kyle T

Marketing Entrepreneur
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 22, 2018
Utah
It is not hypocritical at all...

My understanding of the Fastlane is that you are encouraged to create businesses that profit off of slow-laners & sidewalkers. That is 80% of the population and in order for you to create wealth then you need to learn how to profit off of them effectively.

With that said, hopefully you are creating products that authentically seek to solve their specific problems.

DennisD

Mini Media Mogul
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
216%
Jun 16, 2012
Bali, Indonesia
You're overthinking it.
Teaching people to develop new skills is valid.

Entrepreneurs and 1%ers can benefit from excel skills while their building their business. Everybody's journey is different.

Not everybody is at a place in their lives where they're ready to leave the slowlane. In fact, some people will choose security over freedom their entire lives.

Andreas Thiel

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Aug 27, 2018
Karlsruhe, Germany
This is an aspect that I am very torn about. The theory says you need to sell to people where they are at ... and you should not sell to losers.

In your situation I would worry more about the prices that college students are willing to pay. Do you actually have a mass market product on your hands, or is it a labor of love?
If you feel that selling only to wealthy people solves your potential moral issue, then good for you - the theory says that approach is more promising.
The hard thing to attempt is leading buyers to an elevated / enlightened place - so you should probably not attempt to go in that direction with your first endeavor. I personally want to lead people to elevated places once I have reached financial freedom.

Another thing to think about: Fastlaners think process is awesome. If you get those college guys exceited about process and they learn something that is applicable in the Fastlane, then that is a good thing. Right?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CaioSakai

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Aug 7, 2018
Brazil, Sao Paulo
You're overthinking it.
Teaching people to develop new skills is valid.

Entrepreneurs and 1%ers can benefit from excel skills while their building their business. Everybody's journey is different.

Not everybody is at a place in their lives where they're ready to leave the slowlane. In fact, some people will choose security over freedom their entire lives.

Looking this way it makes sense. Thinking about it a lot of people are not willing to make the leap to a fastlane even with the concept in front of them.

Do you actually have a mass market product on your hands, or is it a labor of love?

I was very careful with these idea because I didn't want to fall for the "do what you love/know" and forget about the real need, so that's why I pointed out that I'll be validating the idea with the target audience. The clues that I saw that lead me to this as an opportunity goes a lot with frequent complain from management in the level of skill from new hires and also talking to these entry level job people they always say to me that they have a hard time learning the skills and current courses in the market did not made a great job for them and these two points ringed my bell. So the next step is exactly check if the target audience agrees at some level.

Another thing to think about: Fastlaners think process is awesome. If you get those college guys exceited about process and they learn something that is applicable in the Fastlane, then that is a good thing. Right?

That would be an amazing thing indeed!

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Nothing wrong with what you're doing. Not everyone can (or wants) to be an entrepreneur.

We can add value to people of all walks with all different goals.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.