The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Gratitude. Why is this controversial? 2021 reflections.

Anything related to matters of the mind

Vinz

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Jun 12, 2021
I've been doing this lately.
A good and simple way to start is to write 3 things you are grateful for in a journal, at the end or start of your day. I've seen noticeable improvements which started to snowball with everything else I've been doing.

Anyway, this year has been wild, hard, and probably the most important one I had.
I experienced some hard failures, continuing on the streak of not being able to hold a job, which resulted in me having my lowest moments, which I still think about.
But I came out of that feeling stronger and more confident than ever, ending the year with success.
I am grateful for the formative hardships, the chance I had to get back up again, the job I ended up in in the last part of the year, and my family that remained by my side on the thoughest moments, especially my mother.
Overall I am grateful to having gone past this year that changed me so much.

Looking forward to crush 2022.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

tomzestatlu

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
159%
Nov 29, 2021
Czech republic
I am a kind of person, who struggles with being grateful, but as I am reflecting, some major improvements happened in my life in 2021. Actually, for like 5 years things were going more downward than upward and 2021 impoved my life pretty much.

1. I upgraded my work position a lot
I can´t give any specific info about this, but after more than a year of waiting and uncertainity (actually this journey and pursuit of this goal lasted more than 3 years), things have worked out for me. Also another work-related opporunity raised up.

2. I bought a flat
Situation with real estate in this country is absolutely crazy and prices are skyrocketed to unimaginable heights. I had to move from major city to less attractive location, but I am living in my own (not counting a bank) and maybe it was the last chance to do so ever. And actually this locality perfectly fits with my new work.

3. I have somebody I care about
And she cares about me. Even though situation quite sucks.

4. I´ve set my priorities and goals a little bit clearer

Everything worked out for me perfectly this year and I should definitely learn to be more grateful.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
If you're like me, then there is no better way to end the year than with family, friends and reflection on all that has happened.

The brain is a very powerful tool, it can help you grow and change your life for the better. I know you might be thinking 'It's not that simple' or 'Gratitude sounds nice but it doesn't gel with my reality'.

• Many people think that living in the moment, being grateful for what we have is bullshit. It isn't something that can help change our lives! But facts are facts. Why is this controversial?
  • Scientific studies have shown that practicing gratitude has massive benefits. Gratitude helps us feel happier about life, increase health and reduce stress to name a few.
  • Gratitude benefits individuals in school, business, sports and relationships!
  • Gratitude helps individuals focus on the positive things rather than the negatives ones.

So, how can you start? How about with reflecting back on 2021 and sharing here? What are you grateful for?

I'll start.

The year for me has been one of growth, learning and truly flourishing friendships.

1. First, my family is the most important thing to me in this world. I am so blessed to have a family that is supportive and always there for me, no matter what. Most importantly, I am grateful not only for their support, but that they are healthy and happy.
  2. Second, I am grateful for my business. 2021 has been a year of prosperity and growth thanks to my amazing team. Our staff helped us get back on track after an uncertain time from the start of the pandemic. Back then we were in a tough spot. I am truly thankful for each and every one of them.
    I am thankful for having a business that allows me to spend more time with my my family - even during the weekdays. Time is the most important "asset" we have and spending time watching my kid growing up bring me immense joy. You can always make more money, but not time.
    MJ recently had an awesome quote (thanks MJ!):
    MJ DeMarco said:
    "You can always earn more money, but you can’t make more time. Using TIME for wealth is like your selling body parts for money … at some point, you’ll have no body left to enjoy your millions."
  3. And finally, I can't forget about the friendships that have blossomed this year either. I am so grateful for all the people who helped me in my life, business, pushed me to succeed.

This place, Fastlane Forum, generated some of that! I connected with a few members in "real life" and feel a strong bond of friendship. I've come to realize that the biggest benefit of Fastlane Forum is the people you meet. (for all the new members reading this, take initiative, don't wait to be contacted - it's all in your hands).

How about you folks? What are YOU grateful for? Post your answers.

Merry X-Mas and a Happy New Year!
Love it! I've actually done an episode on my podcast about exactly this subject:

I take time out to practice gratitude mornings and evenings, and it actually makes me a lot more productive. It's because it sets a positive frame of mind, and reminds you of what's going well, which keeps your drive up.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.