The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Risking it All! from being a Slowlaner to the Fastlaner

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
After reading TMF i went through many phases starting from disbelief to being offended and finally to taking accountability and responsibility. DJ's honest harsh words is what i needed. What a lot of us needed! and not to worry i will immediately start reading UNSCRIPTED asap.

I have a strong business idea but i'm stuck on where to begin, i am seeking an experienced mentor if anything or just general information and direction. if this works out i willing to even pay for the right guidance.

I have found a nuisance in something that i could totally make easier and no one is doing it. Its something most people have and purchase very often and we all will come to encounter it at some point in life. My goal is to be the middle man into creating a website that makes it easier and simple to achieve something the idea isn't complicated and im sure most of you can figure it out. So here it is i would love to know.....

1. How do you build a concept on a website and get it to do what you want it to do?
(hire a software engineer? programmer?) or do it my self somehow? Learn code?

Im not selling any products its a online service that will make money from linking other websites together and probably affiliate marketing more or less like a blog but a functional one where people come to find information. (also tried Shopify and Amazon FBA and failed at it lost $1000s) so i rather build businesses that helps people instead of selling products and the hassles of inventory. This idea beats the commandment of Control, Entry, Need, Time, and Scale. If i had to rate them from 1-5 from failing to passing the commandments
Control- 5 its would be my website no need for employees maybe costumer service
Entry- 5 The idea is simple and already out there but with a twist on making it better
Need- 3 People don't necessarily need it but our world loves making things easier its very niche specific
Time-5 After the website it set up and everything is written it does what it does and nothing need to be done but to maintain and update information
Scale-5 Everyone comes across it at one point in their adult life most of us cant live without it some of us what the most expensive and flashy ones others just prefer something reliable.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Please feel free to give your utmost honest opinion and comments
Thank You for you Time.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
After reading TMF i went through many phases starting from disbelief to being offended and finally to taking accountability and responsibility. DJ's honest harsh words is what i needed. What a lot of us needed! and not to worry i will immediately start reading UNSCRIPTED asap.

I have a strong business idea but i'm stuck on where to begin, i am seeking an experienced mentor if anything or just general information and direction. if this works out i willing to even pay for the right guidance.

I have found a nuisance in something that i could totally make easier and no one is doing it. Its something most people have and purchase very often and we all will come to encounter it at some point in life. My goal is to be the middle man into creating a website that makes it easier and simple to achieve something the idea isn't complicated and im sure most of you can figure it out. So here it is i would love to know.....

1. How do you build a concept on a website and get it to do what you want it to do?
(hire a software engineer? programmer?) or do it my self somehow? Learn code?

Im not selling any products its a online service that will make money from linking other websites together and probably affiliate marketing more or less like a blog but a functional one where people come to find information. (also tried Shopify and Amazon FBA and failed at it lost $1000s) so i rather build businesses that helps people instead of selling products and the hassles of inventory. This idea beats the commandment of Control, Entry, Need, Time, and Scale. If i had to rate them from 1-5 from failing to passing the commandments
Control- 5 its would be my website no need for employees maybe costumer service
Entry- 5 The idea is simple and already out there but with a twist on making it better
Need- 3 People don't necessarily need it but our world loves making things easier its very niche specific
Time-5 After the website it set up and everything is written it does what it does and nothing need to be done but to maintain and update information
Scale-5 Everyone comes across it at one point in their adult life most of us cant live without it some of us what the most expensive and flashy ones others just prefer something reliable.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?
Please feel free to give your utmost honest opinion and comments
Thank You for you Time.
Why not let the forum be your mentor? No money required.
Post your idea and you`ll get honest feedback.
Ideas are a dime a dozen, Execution is king.

As for where to start, start from google.
Search any question you may have and let it take you where it will. Read read read.

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
Why not let the forum be your mentor? No money required.
Post your idea and you`ll get honest feedback.
Ideas are a dime a dozen, Execution is king.

As for where to start, start from google.
Search any question you may have and let it take you where it will. Read read read.
Sounds like a good idea, should I make another thread? Or just post it here

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
Post here, why not.
So heres my pitch, finding cars to purchase online or in person as become such a nightmare and a huge headache less and less people are going to dealerships and more dealerships are closing in the near future all dealers will have to operate like Tesla selling their cars online no physical dealership just purchase it online and boom 2-3 weeks your car is at your front door! so i want to bridge that gap and build a website that gives you the best car for your criteria, and in doing so link it to the bigger websites for easier purchases e.g. Cargurus , autotrader, cars.com.

Example: i am a middle class person looking for a reliable new/used car instead of spending hours looking for the best deal on a Toyota, you log into my website/app plug in your needs budget, size, gas, location and more precise criteria's to narrow it down and boom my websites gives you the top 10 cars for you and exactly where to find them and will send your info to your nearest dealer. (ill probably add something like if we cant find you a car well pay for your sales taxes once you do or get 15% off of something for more initiative) Pending

"make car buying a breeze" catch phrase still pending
i have many other versions of this same idea but with other things such apparel, beauty, etc

So what do you think? i wish more people replied to this lol

There are so many holes to fill but thats the exciting part actually building it from ground up no matter how long it takes

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
Sounds like a good idea. I am sure there are some competitors.
How long would it take for you to make the website?

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
Sounds like a good idea. I am sure there are some competitors.
How long would it take for you to make the website?
Thank You this is my issue i have no idea how long a website like this would take nor how i would start it, i wish i could get more eyes on this thread then i would document everything i do from beginning to end. If anyone knows anyone that could help please link them to this thread of my personal email drwasiu95@gmail.com

juresesko

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
125%
Apr 10, 2020
Slovenia
Thank You this is my issue i have no idea how long a website like this would take nor how i would start it, i wish i could get more eyes on this thread then i would document everything i do from beginning to end. If anyone knows anyone that could help please link them to this thread of my personal email drwasiu95@gmail.com

I found people here have enough work on their own businesses. I hope you will find someone that will do all the work. It will take a long time to find someone that will sit in front of a computer for 3 months just typing away for free.

If you see yourself owning an online business that is making satisfying profit you will have to learn, work and work some more

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
I found people here have enough work on their own businesses. I hope you will find someone that will do all the work. It will take a long time to find someone that will sit in front of a computer for 3 months just typing away for free.

If you see yourself owning an online business that is making satisfying profit you will have to learn, work and work some more
I want guidance more than anything, i just dont know how to start and i have no idea on how to build a website to do something like this

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
So heres my pitch, finding cars to purchase online or in person as become such a nightmare and a huge headache less and less people are going to dealerships and more dealerships are closing in the near future all dealers will have to operate like Tesla selling their cars online no physical dealership just purchase it online and boom 2-3 weeks your car is at your front door! so i want to bridge that gap and build a website that gives you the best car for your criteria, and in doing so link it to the bigger websites for easier purchases e.g. Cargurus , autotrader, cars.com.

Example: i am a middle class person looking for a reliable new/used car instead of spending hours looking for the best deal on a Toyota, you log into my website/app plug in your needs budget, size, gas, location and more precise criteria's to narrow it down and boom my websites gives you the top 10 cars for you and exactly where to find them and will send your info to your nearest dealer. (ill probably add something like if we cant find you a car well pay for your sales taxes once you do or get 15% off of something for more initiative) Pending

"make car buying a breeze" catch phrase still pending
i have many other versions of this same idea but with other things such apparel, beauty, etc

So what do you think? i wish more people replied to this lol

There are so many holes to fill but thats the exciting part actually building it from ground up no matter how long it takes

I checked on Cargurus I think they provide all functions you`ve listed.
You might be better of in the other niches.
I get what you want to do, but if you build it, you wont be skewing any value.

For example, what function will you provide thats better than Cargurus?
Where will your value skew come from?

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
I checked on Cargurus I think they provide all functions you`ve listed.
You might be better of in the other niches.
I get what you want to do, but if you build it, you wont be skewing any value.

For example, what function will you provide thats better than Cargurus?
Where will your value skew come from?
I see what you mean but my concepts are different, cargurus can't tell you which car is more reliable between a 2010 Toyota or a 2010 Honda, Cargurus just a site to find cars which i will use to benefit my site we will once we've chosen the right car for the individual we will recommend sites like Cargurus and autotrader to actually obtain the car.
This is primarily for car buyers who don't want the hassle for searching for cars, its 2020 everything should be easy, car buying should be fun, i even hope to eliminate car salesmans eventually and take on Teslas style of purchasing cars. Everyday dealerships are closing and less people are going in person to purchase cars why? because its not fun and car salesman are scammers lol no offense i worked in a dealership before and i can tell you the things those guys do to get sales isn't right. When was the last time you purchased a car was it a pleasant experience?
My goal is to make car buying fun again and unforgettable experience for everyone not just the rich.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
@eliquid seems like it might be something you could advise on

eliquid

( Jason Brown )
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
519%
May 29, 2013
@eliquid seems like it might be something you could advise on
Thanks!

1. So @Reign777, it seems you have domain expertise in this area ( you mentioned you used to work at a dealership ). That's a start most people don't have.

2. Where will you get "reliability data" to use in your commercial product ( the website )? Is this something you will license from someone else to use in your data, will you yourself be making up your own grades, etc? How will you get other data for other features that Carguru and cars.com don't already have?

3. What other "moats" will you have to separate you from the other car sites? I know you will probably have more, but you need to think about this. Right now, I could go and copy Carguru's and add on a "reliability" score and filter. If I can do that, Cargurus can too. Since that can be done, you need to be thinking about more "moats" to protect your castle and you need to think of some that can not be easily copied by adding in "more data" to a current competitor. Having shallow moats is ok, so is having several of them. But where can you get a DEEP and WIDE moat to help protect you.

4. How will you market it? I am all for going against competitors, but when you look at ones like Carguru's, AutoTrader, cars.com ( who could copy the reliability part easily ) who have TEAMS of people and 3rd party agencies working for them pushing their SEO/PPC/Social Media.. you need to be thinking how you will get eyeballs. Trust me, BUILDING IT AND THEY WILL COME does not work. You will have to do serious marketing to get eyeballs and then pray these companies don't outright steal most of your "moats", which has happened to me many times over the years with different SaaS products. How will you get eyeballs once launched so it's not launching to crickets?

5. Don't take any of this as me trying to change your mind. I am just trying to make you aware of what you need to be thinking about, not trying to discourage you.

6. Building a site like this, you will want to put more focus on the interface and usability than the data. But that I mean, for every 1 hour making the data perfect and solid.. you should be spending 5 hours making the interface and website flow extremely usable, nice looking, and flows right. Building the greatest data in the world that actually helps people means almost nothing if it looks like it's from 1996. Trust me on this, I have a ton of experience. People would rather use nice looking websites where the data is just OK, than websites that have extremely useful data but look like 1996 is calling. While I personally disagree with this and would use a bland website that worked perfectly, the majority rules and they pay the bills too. I have lots of experience to back this up.

If you don't know how to build a website, I would hire a programmer and start mapping out what you want and how you want it to look now, so you can pass to a developer later.

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
Thanks!

1. So @Reign777, it seems you have domain expertise in this area ( you mentioned you used to work at a dealership ). That's a start most people don't have.

2. Where will you get "reliability data" to use in your commercial product ( the website )? Is this something you will license from someone else to use in your data, will you yourself be making up your own grades, etc? How will you get other data for other features that Carguru and cars.com don't already have?

3. What other "moats" will you have to separate you from the other car sites? I know you will probably have more, but you need to think about this. Right now, I could go and copy Carguru's and add on a "reliability" score and filter. If I can do that, Cargurus can too. Since that can be done, you need to be thinking about more "moats" to protect your castle and you need to think of some that can not be easily copied by adding in "more data" to a current competitor. Having shallow moats is ok, so is having several of them. But where can you get a DEEP and WIDE moat to help protect you.

4. How will you market it? I am all for going against competitors, but when you look at ones like Carguru's, AutoTrader, cars.com ( who could copy the reliability part easily ) who have TEAMS of people and 3rd party agencies working for them pushing their SEO/PPC/Social Media.. you need to be thinking how you will get eyeballs. Trust me, BUILDING IT AND THEY WILL COME does not work. You will have to do serious marketing to get eyeballs and then pray these companies don't outright steal most of your "moats", which has happened to me many times over the years with different SaaS products. How will you get eyeballs once launched so it's not launching to crickets?

5. Don't take any of this as me trying to change your mind. I am just trying to make you aware of what you need to be thinking about, not trying to discourage you.

6. Building a site like this, you will want to put more focus on the interface and usability than the data. But that I mean, for every 1 hour making the data perfect and solid.. you should be spending 5 hours making the interface and website flow extremely usable, nice looking, and flows right. Building the greatest data in the world that actually helps people means almost nothing if it looks like it's from 1996. Trust me on this, I have a ton of experience. People would rather use nice looking websites where the data is just OK, than websites that have extremely useful data but look like 1996 is calling. While I personally disagree with this and would use a bland website that worked perfectly, the majority rules and they pay the bills too. I have lots of experience to back this up.

If you don't know how to build a website, I would hire a programmer and start mapping out what you want and how you want it to look now, so you can pass to a developer later.
Thank very much for the much needed insight, i will keep this close and refer back to this.
2. That is something i would have to work on like linking or quoting auto blogs like Motor Trend

3. Now about cargurus and etc, i will provide leads for them the website is a place to learn about what you want and then we would direct you to cargurus or autotrader which ever has the best car for the best price. So in that way im hoping to be different and instead of them being my competitors they would pay me for leads or PPC if i could make it work that way.

4. Probably the biggest hurl i gotta face but ill have to spend a lot on adds or find investors maybe no idea at this point

6. currently trying to learn how to code but i will definitely hire a programmer btw if i may ask, how does that process work?
creating a design for the programmer first? then the website or software engineer creates the functions ? how does building a website like this work from start to finish?

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
creating a design for the programmer first? then the website or software engineer creates the functions ? how does building a website like this work from start to finish?

Here is roughly(general steps, not much details) how the proccess works:

1. Start with your idea, write it down, write down what features/functions the system(the website) will have.
The more details the better, the more explanations about the features the better.
This can be done verbally and someone else (a developer) can prepare you a document of your project, but its best to have the first draft in your own words.
Feel free to add screenshots, links and examples to features from other systems.
That will help convey your idea better.

2. Go over you first draft with a developer, get advice on what technologies to use, how to structure the system and have the developer prepare some mockups (nothing fancy, just rough drawings or wireframes) and a more detailed/accurate documentation.

3. Depending on the tech choice, you`ll have a couple of routes to choose from.
Lets say that you choose the route of a fully custom made system (not always the best choice, depending on what you want to build).
Next step is design.
For MVP I advice you buy a cheap design from themeforest or some other site like that.
You could involve a designer offcourse, by showing the document you`ve prepared with the developer, but the cost for that will be high. 1000s of dollars for a good design.
Spending money on design is a good idea, but only if you have said money.

4. With the tech doc prepared and design chosen, you can start on the initial development phase.
Some reffer to it as preliminary work, Alpha version, Discovery phase etc.
The goal is to get something working which you and the devs can play with.
You`ll be able to do revisions, you`ll stumble on things you didnt think about in the begining etc.
Its very important to go through this phase so you can flesh out your system.
Once you`re satisfied with the results of the Discovery phase, you`ve added more details to your tech documentation and you have a clear vision of how your features should be built and should work, you can move onto the next step.

5. Beta version.
The point of this stage is to build the MVP and get a sale as fast as you can.
That doesnt mean rushing it.
All you have to do is implement the Tech doc that you`ve been preparing and enriching for so long.
Dont worry about any future features, just focus on your MVP and find real people to test your system.

6. Final step, system release.

Generally speaking, this is the point where you make the system available to the wider public.
Its when you start your marketing.

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
Here is roughly(general steps, not much details) how the proccess works:

1. Start with your idea, write it down, write down what features/functions the system(the website) will have.
The more details the better, the more explanations about the features the better.
This can be done verbally and someone else (a developer) can prepare you a document of your project, but its best to have the first draft in your own words.
Feel free to add screenshots, links and examples to features from other systems.
That will help convey your idea better.

2. Go over you first draft with a developer, get advice on what technologies to use, how to structure the system and have the developer prepare some mockups (nothing fancy, just rough drawings or wireframes) and a more detailed/accurate documentation.

3. Depending on the tech choice, you`ll have a couple of routes to choose from.
Lets say that you choose the route of a fully custom made system (not always the best choice, depending on what you want to build).
Next step is design.
For MVP I advice you buy a cheap design from themeforest or some other site like that.
You could involve a designer offcourse, by showing the document you`ve prepared with the developer, but the cost for that will be high. 1000s of dollars for a good design.
Spending money on design is a good idea, but only if you have said money.

4. With the tech doc prepared and design chosen, you can start on the initial development phase.
Some reffer to it as preliminary work, Alpha version, Discovery phase etc.
The goal is to get something working which you and the devs can play with.
You`ll be able to do revisions, you`ll stumble on things you didnt think about in the begining etc.
Its very important to go through this phase so you can flesh out your system.
Once you`re satisfied with the results of the Discovery phase, you`ve added more details to your tech documentation and you have a clear vision of how your features should be built and should work, you can move onto the next step.

5. Beta version.
The point of this stage is to build the MVP and get a sale as fast as you can.
That doesnt mean rushing it.
All you have to do is implement the Tech doc that you`ve been preparing and enriching for so long.
Don't worry about any future features, just focus on your MVP and find real people to test your system.

6. Final step, system release.

Generally speaking, this is the point where you make the system available to the wider public.
Its when you start your marketing.
OK i got a couple of questions,
1. when you say MVP what does that mean?

2. When you say getting a sale, the website isn't selling anything its more to help generate leads for cargurus and other car buying websites maybe in the future i would offer something to sell but in my imagination the website would generate revenue from PPC.

3. what would you say the budget on this would be from hiring a developer to programmers and the people that would make the website work properly? in short everything from start to beta version before marketing?

4. Also i am not 100% sure how the website would make money but my initial thought was PPC and sending leads to dealers or car buying websites. Do i have to particularly sell something?

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Reign777 think back in your life to the 'hardest thing you ever learned how to do'. How did you learn how to do it?

With that framework, set your 'fear' aside and get to work learning. Google. Ask. Try. Fail. Proposed. Fail. Post ideas. Fail. MVP. Fail. Pitch. Fail.

Every single one of your posts above is from a place of fear. What would it look like if they came from a place of 'curiosity'? Of strength? Of 'I don't know how so I GET to find out how!'?

Put some faith in yourself to find and try things. You do not need a mentor. You need someone to convince you to get out of your limiting beliefs and go fail your a$$ off to achieve what you want to achieve! You got this.

Go read a bunch of progress threads. Then start your own. Less asking, more trying and failing. Then come back and tag us to come help!

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
@Reign777 think back in your life to the 'hardest thing you ever learned how to do'. How did you learn how to do it?

With that framework, set your 'fear' aside and get to work learning. Google. Ask. Try. Fail. Proposed. Fail. Post ideas. Fail. MVP. Fail. Pitch. Fail.

Every single one of your posts above is from a place of fear. What would it look like if they came from a place of 'curiosity'? Of strength? Of 'I don't know how so I GET to find out how!'?

Put some faith in yourself to find and try things. You do not need a mentor. You need someone to convince you to get out of your limiting beliefs and go fail your a$$ off to achieve what you want to achieve! You got this.

Go read a bunch of progress threads. Then start your own. Less asking, more trying and failing. Then come back and tag us to come help!
Thank You for the motivation, i've already begun but since i know nothing about creating a website getting some help on direction would be very valuable. and i appreciate all advice and recommendations

Right now im doing market research to find my audience and see if the need for this type of website is large enough so far it is.
Also trying to learn how to code from Youtube videos
Loving the Process

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Reign777
'i know nothing ...' vs 'i am working through and have the following questions...' see the difference in mindset?

also for thought, '..would be valuable'...... i'm sure it would be valuable to YOU. switch that mindset to continually providing value to others. give instead of ask. provide instead of ask for a step by step. ...... now extend that thinking to your customers!

make sense? change your mindset. you've got this. you are a value provider. you are going to help a lot of people!

write on a post it note 'I am learning and will provide tremendous value' ........ put it up where you can see it while you work.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
OK i got a couple of questions,
1. when you say MVP what does that mean?

2. When you say getting a sale, the website isn't selling anything its more to help generate leads for cargurus and other car buying websites maybe in the future i would offer something to sell but in my imagination the website would generate revenue from PPC.

3. what would you say the budget on this would be from hiring a developer to programmers and the people that would make the website work properly? in short everything from start to beta version before marketing?

4. Also i am not 100% sure how the website would make money but my initial thought was PPC and sending leads to dealers or car buying websites. Do i have to particularly sell something?
MVP means minimum viable product. The minimum you have to do to get paid some money for your efforts. Hard proof of your idea. Validation by the market that someone wants to pay for what you offer.

As for getting a sale, dont get hung up on the wording. It means that you should get paid money while in Beta version.
Until someone pays you money, any idea is uprooven.

The budget cannot be known. Too many unknowns. As a general rule, have at least 6 months savings + some emergency money. The rest is your budget.

You need to know how the website will make money. Or to put it in another way, you meed to know how you will provide value.
If you dont know what value or how you'll provide it, back to the drawing board until you do.

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
MVP means minimum viable product. The minimum you have to do to get paid some money for your efforts. Hard proof of your idea. Validation by the market that someone wants to pay for what you offer.

As for getting a sale, dont get hung up on the wording. It means that you should get paid money while in Beta version.
Until someone pays you money, any idea is uprooven.

The budget cannot be known. Too many unknowns. As a general rule, have at least 6 months savings + some emergency money. The rest is your budget.

You need to know how the website will make money. Or to put it in another way, you meed to know how you will provide value.
If you dont know what value or how you'll provide it, back to the drawing board until you do.
Oh i see, Thank You.
Yep Back to the drawing board it is then.
I was going to say connecting buyers with cargurus etc but people could do that themselves, cargurus dont need leads.

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
I just want to make car buying an easier and pleasurable process!
I am literally on zoom call in an AP2 class as we speak lol, not paying one lick of attention.
Just surfing the web and forum for more knowledge and motivation.
I have the work ethic and resilience just need the right idea to run away with.

To summarize everything, i just want to make my intentions clear.
I want freedom more than anything i don't care about the money the luxuries or anything money can buy!
If i cannot wake up one morning and leave the country (USA) for 2-3 months and come back with all my bills and expenses paid i have not achieved freedom.
unfortunately in this world you cant have freedom without the means (money)
so there for i have to become a producer or acquire wealth to do so.
I am 25 years old and been telling my parents i will retire by 30 since i was 18. Ive been telling everyone i will retire by 30 because i've always mentally been a fastlaner since i was 16. People look at me with such disdain whenever i say it like im crazy lol. God did not put us here to work until we're 65 and die There is a whole world out there to see and experience. In short i will achieve what i set out to even if i don't know how. I've always had a gut feeling i will and stick my middle finger to the ones who doubted and probably end up writing a book about it ;).

i'll take some time to improve my idea or totally change it and be back very soon.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
in the meantime, look for other channels. find a small business to buy and run (and learn while getting paid). find a 'job' that provides the skills / connections you need while getting paid. set yourself up for the future with the finances / mindset / connections to hit it when the idea presents itself.

tldr; get some gumballs coming out of the machine

quit the talking ..... 'i'll retire by 30' when you have no results SHOULD rub people the wrong way. produce and provide value.

tldr; less talk, more do

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
I’m back, have you guys ever heard of vroom.com they supposedly make car buying easier by purchasing cars online and delivering it to your door!
i did some research on them and they suck, their website and app is ok but their customer service terrible they have a ton of unsatisfied customers who are calling them out on their social media platforms and they haven’t replied or addressed anything.
some how they have an IPO how is that possible? to have a terrible business but still be publicly traded?
basically, I’ve revised my idea and want to do it better than these guys! There’s clearly huge market for it but this may be over my head.
they have investors and a lot more money than I could ever come up with for start up. Should I even approach this? Negative thinking I know but where do I even start? I know i could do it better and really help people and make a huge difference where do I start.

ZCP

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
336%
Oct 22, 2010
Woodstock, GA
@Reign777 start by rereading this thread. Take notes this time. Pull out the gold nuggets of wisdom. Begin to apply them.

'But I just want to build a massive website!! Why do I need to do the setup work? Can't you just give me the step by step? And answer every other question I don't want to research or put in the effort to find? Why won't anyone just help me?'

If that was your first reaction, start with mindset.

Reign777

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
32%
Jun 24, 2020
New York
@Reign777 start by rereading this thread. Take notes this time. Pull out the gold nuggets of wisdom. Begin to apply them.

'But I just want to build a massive website!! Why do I need to do the setup work? Can't you just give me the step by step? And answer every other question I don't want to research or put in the effort to find? Why won't anyone just help me?'

If that was your first reaction, start with mindset.
Totally understand, but im not looking for hand outs im looking for different perspectives and picking at experienced minds. If i'm correct thats what this forum is for. I love the motivational responses but please stop replying if you can't provide anymore information or perspective. Thank You

dario

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 14, 2012
Not exactly what you had in mind, but
I would start in a very simple manner, so you don't even need a web developer and you can start tomorrow.

Just start with a one-page website with only 10 cars. This would help you test the waters.

1 of the BEST deal from each car reseller in your city. (So you have to talk with at least 10 of them)

As soon as you have some very good car deals you can start advertise the website.
At first it would be free to put the car details on this "shop".

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.