The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
OK I have been working on a little side project.... Just an experiment.

I have now counted the last 20 drivers that have done something super timid, pulled out in front of me, drove 10 miles per hour under the speed limit, couldn't keep their car in the lane... Basically any utter stupidity you might see driving on a daily basis...

Get this... 12 of them were wearing masks, in their car, alone. 4 were wearing masks with other people in the car.

Either, the mindless stupidity that is required to wear a mask in your car is the same stupidity that makes them an irritating driver or they are starved for oxygen.

Virtue signaling alone for the win!

wearing-mask-while-driving-ralph-wiggum.jpg

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
323%
Feb 26, 2016
When CNBC anchors discover a new bubble.

View attachment 35832

4df9pBE.png

BlackMagician

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Jul 18, 2018
Mumbai, India
Have been telling my 3 musketeers friends for a year now. They are ready to read now that they have felt an FTE and have seen my progress in breaking through the script, I just bought 2 books for them :D.

Let's pray :)p) they also get out of the script.

WhatsApp Image 2020-12-08 at 5.54.57 PM.jpeg

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Misery is spending a fortune on a towering cat condo complete with ladders, landings, and cubby holes, spending an hour putting it together only to find out that your finicky cats like the CARDBOARD BOX it came in better.

DAMN CATS!
Yep.

I put together a chair a few weeks ago.

I didn’t realise the box was more comfy for watching cartoons...

1607462833918.png

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
The rabbit hole gets deeper and deeper......

View attachment 36269

https://www.blogto.com/city/2021/01...9-advisory-table-busted-vacationing-holidays/

The CEO of Niagara Health and St. Joseph's Health System has resigned from Ontario's C0VlD-19 command table after it was revealed he traveled to the Caribbean over the holidays. Dr. Tom Stewart was on vacation from Dec. 18 to Jan. 5, says a statement from St. Joseph's Health System. In that time, he traveled to the Dominican Republic despite public health guidelines urging Ontarians to stay home.

Being a Canadian right now is like being in a twisted horror flick.

''A member of a number of health tables, including, shockingly enough, the Ontario C0VlD-19 Science Advisory Table, which, among other things, creates and releases modelling projections and other data to inform the province's pandemic response.''

Ontario is in a FULL lock down, and the guys making the rules aren't even following them, at least he apologized!?!? Just saw on the news those wannabe french people in Quebec are doing curfews until February... it's illegal to leave your house after XXX time....

CREATES AND RELEASES MODELLING PROJECTIONS!?!? This snake is making $600,000+ a year while Canadians suffer, must be nice.

Where's the police brutality when you need it!?!?

If the government cared about health, there would have been obesity lockdowns, corn syrup companies would have been permanently closed down, and all gyms would have been required to be open 24/7.

This is about power - "health" is a new propaganda angle.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
I'm looking forward to the new Call of Duty Capitol Siege expansion pack that will come out in the next few years :rofl:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Older lady: I think I need to go to church today and do some praying, you know, use the peace and serenity to allow me to collect my thoughts, otherwise this anxiety is going to get the best of me.

[Sits Down]

Older lady: WTF?

[Listens for a moment...]

Older lady: Holy shit it sounds like I'm dying, I better GTFO here.

:rofl:

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA
Masks are about compliance. The only rewards to compliance tests like wearing a mask, taking the vaccine, closing down your business are even worse compliance tests.

View: https://twitter.com/ZNeveri/status/1349460356595376133

Who was that fastlane member that called BS on covid in March and argued with everyone? He was right.
The compliance is off the charts now.

I used to go out for a walk, or go to the beach and see other unmasked normies, but that changed over the last 2-3 months it seems. Nearly every is masked up, even without another person in sight.

Wearing a mask, on the beach, in January, in Massachusetts, when there is practically no one there, is retarded.

All critical thought has been destroyed.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
418%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
Ok, this is not a political comment, I promise.

I was just reading an article about all these executive orders that Biden signed today.

And I got to the part where he defined equity as consistent and systematic fair, just and impartial treatment of all individuals. And then he directed all federal agencies to review equity within its department and improve the delivery of government benefits.

And then I busted a gut laughing at my mental image of what this would look like inside the halls of the IRS. How confused these poor beauracrats must be to have to follow this directive.

1611189727222.png

A tax system that is consistent and systematic and fair and just and impartial. Sounds like a flat tax and put them all out of jobs.

And then I had this other thought. These are the kinds of jokes @Kak cracks up to all the time.

Ladies and Gentlemen, today I embraced my inner Kak. And it was hilarious.

1611189842280.png

I'mma guess this one is kak's fav

1611190037580.png

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
The amount of stupid money-chasing in this world is seriously disturbing.

I have to delete 20 affiliate marketing meditation spammers here daily, as if these fools think they are doing something new and novel. They're no better than MLM spammers.

Sad, sad, sad...

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
456%
May 1, 2011
Spiritual nutjob alert :happy:

@sparechange check this out:

Meditation will teach you that all fulfillment is inside of us all the time (it is our inherent nature).

We rarely see it, though, because most of the time our mind disturbs us. It keeps on nagging us to do what it wants or avoid what it doesn't want. We suffer in both cases because we don't get to live in the present moment and see reality as it is. Whatever happens, we're never 100% fulfilled and happy because it doesn't match our (erroneous) preconceived notion that the world should be the way we want it to be.

When your mind settles as you meditate, you'll realize you can be 100% okay and fulfilled regardless of your current life conditions. You don't need anyone or anything. You're complete within yourself. Of course, this is just a temporary state and the "goal" is to feel it all the time even when you're not meditating. To attain this, first we need to understand a hard to swallow truth.

The biggest illusion is thinking that getting what you want will fulfill you. In reality, it's not what "you" (the spirit) needs for fulfillment, it's what your judgmental mind think it needs. And what it thinks it needs is the result of its conditioning, not any universal laws.

One person thinks they'll be fulfilled with a big family because they've never had one (or because they've had one, it doesn't matter; in both cases it's the result of past conditioning and not a universal law for fulfillment). Another thinks they'll be fulfilled when they get a big house or a private jet because they grew up in a poor family. These things may work a little but they don't address the root - that fulfillment is inside you, not in those outside experiences.

When your mind gets what it wants (you reach your "fulfillment" goals), you'll enjoy peace of mind thinking that you've finally arrived. Now you're fulfilled.

Only what you feel is just a relief from the mind's constant nagging.

Soon, the peace goes away, replaced by another thing. We let out minds constantly confuse us, thinking that the "next thing" will surely do it.

The funny thing is that you don’t really want the thing you think you want. What you really want is what you think it will give you. If I could give you total, unconditional fulfillment right here, right now, you wouldn't care about the house or the big family. Of course, you could still do it, but just for the experience of it, not out of egoistic motives, hoping to get something for yourself out of it (like fulfillment).

Michael A. Singer said:

How are normal people going about trying to be happy, trying to find joy, trying to find love? They're trying to go outside and find something that will make them happy. They're trying to find someone that will make them feel love. They're trying to find a financial condition that will make them feel secure. They're trying to build something outside that will make them feel these things inside.

Love, joy, excitement, enthusiasm, are inner experiences. Outer things can make us feel those inner experiences but then you have to constantly struggle to get the outer things that make you feel the inner experiences. It's difficult, if not impossible, to create a life outside yourself that always makes you feel high, that always makes you feel love. And that's why we have so many problems. Because we're trying to do something that doesn't work.

And this is why people never reach fulfillment. They seek it on the outside, based on what the disturbed mind tells them will make them feel this way. Meanwhile, real fulfillment is inside them all the time. They just rarely feel it because it's blocked by the mind.

Please read Michael A. Singer's books as they serve as the foundation upon which meditation works as an additional tool. Meditation in itself, without understanding the purpose of the practice, isn't as valuable and helpful. Sort of like buying a surfboard to hang it on the wall because you don't know you can surf on it. Sure, it does have a purpose and looks nice but you're not realizing even a tenth of its potential.

Some additional thoughts on happiness/fulfillment, from various Michael A. Singer's lectures:

Start with the little things and start changing your attitude to where you're always happy with everything. And don't allow any exceptions.

You embrace life as reality. Your heart is going to go through different changes. There's nothing wrong with that. All you have to do is stop defining that it's wrong. Stop defining that it's something you don't want to happen and enjoy the experience. Enjoy everything. Don't make a limited list of what you enjoy and then try to make life be that way.

Each day double up what can happen that will make you happy until there's so many things that could happen that would make you happy that you actually get happy.

Do you want to spend your life deciding what you want and what you don't want and then chasing it outside or do you work inside and realize "all I really want is the joy and love and if I stay open, I can have those. I don't need outside conditions to keep me open."

Spirituality says: "it was stupid of me to decide what will make me happy instead of being happy with life, instead of being grateful and turned on by all the amazing things that are happening in front of me and all the past experiences that I got to have - why don't I just enjoy all that? And then come to life filed with love, joy, and give the whole of my being to the moments that are unfolding in front of me."

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
494%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Space might be the only way we can save humanity from the coronavirus.

When this runs its course, only 99.9 percent of us will remain... We need to go to space to prevent extinction.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
I'm gonna get a vegan pizza this weekend and see how it is

IMO, vegan pizza is the worst of the "replacements" -- the cheese melts funny (or not at all).

I usually take my vegan pizza cheeseless, or light w/the fake cheese.

I love vegan cheese, just not melted -- I think it reminds me too much of the real thing.

Also, a lot of the fake cheese are filled with palm oil which is a pretty inflammatory oil and not good if you struggle with cholesterol.

Mentioned trying out vegan meals to a friend, was funny to hear scripted talk...

Not unusual, actually, perfectly normal.

1616018600927.png

My mind tends to bounce from subject to subject to subject, so this thread is nice because it lets me post random things without the need for people to have been talking about those subjects prior.

Yea, this thread is one of my favorite threads, and it usually has nothing to do with business!

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
What's your main biz right now?

I've seen so many from you! Voice acting / audio narration, building business, the track, the Legos...
I don't have one. I mostly collect income deposits from different sources. I used to search a lot for that *one big idea* that's right for me. So far I haven't found it. So I keep creating stuff that can be mostly passive so I can spend time figuring the other part out. Hope that makes sense. I don't have it all figured out though, so right now I'm playing with wood and Legos :D

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
A quick point on Stoicism:

You will mess yourself up if you try to not feel emotions - you'll either end up neurotic or passive and worthless.

Great men have always experienced incredibly intense passions, but they were able to control those passions while still benefiting from all of the energy that those emotions produced.

You can think of it like this - uncontrolled explosions can be incredibly destructive and wipe out cities; whereas tightly controlled explosions can be used to send spaceships to other planets.

Don't try to weaken your emotions - become strong enough to manage them under any intensity.

Lex DeVille

Sweeping Shadows From Dreams
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
595%
Jan 14, 2013
Utah
Have you Upworkers added your diversity badge yet?! I couldn't find the "White Male Privilege" badge so I guess the right option for me is U.S. Veteran-Owned.

Also, where is the badge for "High-Performance Freelancer"? I didn't see that anywhere.

lol2.PNG

Seriously though, does anybody else not give a shit what a freelancer's background, preferences, or skin color is as long as they can get the job done right? Being a disabled black LBGTQ does NOT tell me you can code my app.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Wish I had an explanation for the downtime, I don't.

And I have no idea if it will occur again. I think I isolated the issue, but at this point, I'm just grabbing at straws.

Maybe people don't want to go back to work because: $300 a week unemployment and a new stimy, every 4-6 months?

Anyone wearing a mask in a profile picture isn't worth listening to ... such a proud display of obedience that you know they only parrot what they've been told ... not an original thought anywhere to be found....

That said, the same idiots protesting for $15 minimum wage will be the same dumbasses complaining about how everything got so expensive.

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy

Madame Peccato

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
311%
Jul 14, 2018
Morbegno, Italy
This is gonna be the worst summer of my life.

Why? It hasn't happened yet. You can turn it around. Or at least try to. Don't give up before summer even started.

MJ DeMarco

Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
447%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
via @GlobalWealth -- of course, "science" has been co-opted into "science by our approved authorities."

1626285132045.png

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.