The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

This FREE book will teach you how to build a successful web design business

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
2023 update:

This book has had close to over 50,000 downloads from my Youtube channel and directly from Amazon.

And the reviews have been pretty solid...

Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 17.48.51.png. Screenshot 2023-03-31 at 17.50.08.png

The book is my advice for a Web Designer / Freelancer on how to get more clients, understand what businesses want, and to get more profitable. And it is an easy read - it usually only takes a few hours to get through.

If you're starting out in business or freelancing it should be a worth a look.

If you want a free download you can grab it from here:

>>> Download The Guide For FREE Here <<<

If you enjoy it, let me know!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011
Got it, thanks.

How'd you make it free? Amazon only lets me go down to $0.99

You need to distribute the book wide with other retailers like Apple, Google, etc. that let you set the price to free and then ask Amazon to price match it. If your book is in KDP Select, you can't do that.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Got it, thanks.

How'd you make it free? Amazon only lets me go down to $0.99

Thanks @SEOguy - hope you enjoy it.

@MTF handled everything when it came to the publishing and distribution.

This was through his book launching service on here a while back:

CJW

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Apr 29, 2020
Ireland
Thanks, got it just now.

What theme do you normally use/teach in your course? I've been trying to get my head around GeneratePress last week after not touching wordpress since 2011 or something! Is it any good as far as you're concerned?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thanks, got it just now.

What theme do you normally use/teach in your course? I've been trying to get my head around GeneratePress last week after not touching wordpress since 2011 or something! Is it any good as far as you're concerned?

I usually don't push any since they change all the time.

I would just keep it simple and work with whatever you find easiest to do a good job with.

Elementor is one system that a lot of students use.

JunkBoxJoey_JBJ

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
186%
Jul 9, 2018
REVIEW:
This is a concise and informative read about website designers and "business" which reveals "key mindsets" for your future... "business" and some first steps to help you succeed. There is a larger picture here with-in these pages. Become your own problem solver today by starting with Rob's book. Ask yourself, "Am I really listening?"

Side Note: Committing to reading books (via habit mind-set, like setting aside true time blocks) during the last 15 plus years has become one of the greatest decisions I have ever made. Even if the topic at the time does not directly effect/affect what I think I am pursuing, there is always information to consider, knowledge to gain, vocabulary to expand on and sometimes the opportunity to support someone doing bigger things.

Last edited:

UnderdogStrategy

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
181%
Feb 6, 2021
REVIEW

Heard about the book Sunday, in a another thread.
By Sunday evening, the book was already read.

The most inspiring, insightful and mind-blowing reading i had in a long time.

I would need to go through it again, because there's so much stuff to internalize and let sink.

I deeply feel like this is THE game changer.

I'm so grateful. Thank you.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Number #1 for Entrepreneurship right now!

Really cool to see this and massive thanks to @MTF who helped massively with this launch.

Any feedback or thoughts from those who have read it on here yet?

Screenshot 2021-03-17 at 17.03.24.png

Consolation

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
182%
Sep 6, 2017
Malaysia
Who is this Ricky that earns thousands while doing nothing? Can you ask him to become my mentor? :playful: Just kidding.

Great read. I'll provide review on Google Play after completing my notes from the book.

THANKS A LOT!

newager

PARKED
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 23, 2021
Bénin(porto-novo )
Qui est ce Ricky qui gagne des milliers en ne faisant rien? Pouvez-vous lui demander de devenir mon mentor? :espiègle: Je rigole.

Bonne lecture. Je donnerai un avis sur Google Play après avoir terminé mes notes du livre.

MERCI BEAUCOUP!
ah oui vraiment ma belle ,,, intéressante ton expérience qui me passionne et moi l'envie de faire ta connaissance si cela serait possible .... donc je m'appelle hounkponou affissou de nationalité béninoise (Bénin) de 32 ans et résidant au Sénégal et très bientôt serait mon anniversaire le 04/04/1988 et de profession informaticien dont c'est de la rose jusqu'à ce que j'ai trouvé ce livre de MJ DeMarco sur un point de vente que j'ai acheté pour lire et commencer maintenant à me reprendre pour avancer sinon c'était la dépression .... bien j'en serais ravi de te lire

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Any feedback or thoughts from those who have read it on here yet?

Judging by the title I thought it was going to be an average read, but I'm pleasantly surprised at the amount of solid content in here. It's helpful for every entrepreneur, not just web designers. Great work man.

KTudor

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Feb 20, 2021
Oyster Bay, NY
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I don’t have money, I don’t have experience, I don’t have any ideas. What do I do? I want to start a business so badly!”

People who post these threads are often unaware that the first step to become a successful business owner starts with a profound mindset shift. You stop thinking about yourself, your money, your experience, or your ideas. Instead, you focus on someone else’s problems. Then you learn how to provide value to them.

This brings me to the second point: developing your business skills. When you shift your mindset—and only then—you can consider what specific skills to develop to provide more value. Some of the most valuable business skills include: prospecting, sales, pricing, cold calling, cold emailing, networking, client communication, project management, copywriting, marketing, building sales systems, ads, email marketing, managing a team, managing yourself, and many others.

Through your repeated efforts to help others while developing these skills, you eventually build a successful business. But you start with the mindset first, and the business skills second. Notice there’s no need for any money, previous experience, or business ideas.

Now that you understand the most important principles, you can start exploring industries in which you can help people. I have studied hundreds of different niches, and very few tick as many “business-owner skills” boxes as web design.

I’ve had more than a fair share of business failures (including a funny story about Conor McGregor and cereals—more on that later). It was web design that helped me grow valuable skills and build a successful business.

When I first started web design, I didn’t have much savings or an income. Today, running my online web design school called Fox Web School, I often meet people who are in the same situation. That’s why I’ve created many free resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs get going.

I recently published a book in which I share my most valuable lessons. The book is titled The $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide A Practical Guide for Wealth and Freedom as an Online Freelancer and is available on all major platforms in all formats (free as an e-book).

While the title of the book suggests a narrow focus, this book isn’t just about web design. While I love web design, it should just be one step on a journey to bigger success. The main purpose of this book is about how you can make yourself into the best business owner you can be. I illustrate this through web design to give you a clear roadmap. But the lessons apply equally in other industries, too.

If you are ready to find out what I wish I had known when I first started web design (and entrepreneurship) several years ago, get your free copy of my book now.

If you’re interested in more details before you commit a couple of hours of your life, here are some of the things I cover in my book:

- Why do some web designer freelancers achieve great success while others fail? Using a fictional story of Dave and Ricky I show the key differences between successful entrepreneurs and those who struggle.

- Why is it essential to view freelancing as a temporary stage in your professional career? The truth is that the freelancing model, while great to start with, can quickly hold you back from even greater success. Learn what freelancing traps to avoid and how to plan ahead.

- Why having money doesn’t mean you’d automatically start a successful business? I explain why a person with a lot of money is still likely to fail.

- What did I do that got me and my buddy shut down by Conor McGregor’s management team? I tried many wild business ideas and that was one of them.

- What did I realize as I struggled to make ends meet working for low-paying clients? It wasn’t about how hard I worked—it was about a key mindset shift that was one of the most important business lessons I’ve ever learned.

- Why in web design you don’t really sell websites? What do you sell instead? This lesson can change everything for a new web design freelancer.

- What’s a key question you need to ask yourself before preparing a proposal for a potential client? By implementing this piece of advice, one of Fox Web School’s students increased his monthly income by 1,600%.

- What’s a core selling principle and how to address it as an aspiring web designer? As with other lessons, this applies not only to web design, but to any other business.

- Why the best web designers no longer work as web designers? Learn why NOT working as a web designer should be your ultimate goal.

You can grab the book for free on any of the major online retailers. Here are the links:

Amazon

Apple

Barnes & Noble

Google Play

Kobo
My husband just finished reading it and now I'm halfway through it. So far so good. I'm looking to add value to businesses that need our assistance. Thank you for your guidance.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
I got 20 FREE audible promo codes (10 USA/ 10 UK) BUT if you take one you got to leave a review ;)

If you want one comment below and ***let me know if you use the UK or USA store***

I will send you a message with the code.
First come first served.

Example: "I want one! - UK store"
Release it for india also.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Release it for india also.

100% - it is up to Amazon how they roll it out but it is lined up to be released everywhere it can on my side.

Sean P

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
105%
Jul 4, 2014
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to promote it through Amazon Ads.

Firstly, people don't truly appreciate what they get for free. I think some of the reviews reflect it already, although none of them can be called a poor review.

Many serious readers skip free books thinking that there is no value in it. Call it buyers' psychology(as it applies to the Kindle store) but the more expensive a book is, the more value readers see in it.

However, the highest you could go is $2.99 or maybe $3.99 because anything higher may need a higher page count - again buyers' psychology. They think they need to get a big, fat book if it is priced high i.e. $3.99 and above.

But offering a free book is a good strategy to get reviews and feedback faster. Now that you have a good number of reviews, you can promote it using paid ads without any problem. When people see sponsored book ads they expect to see a good rating for the book and many reviews, and then are more likely to buy the book.

You can also attract a wider audience using the right keywords when you use ads. You could rank organically for one or a few keywords for a limited period of time. When you use ads you can rank on top for a variety of keywords being used as search terms by readers in related niches.

I've been on KDP for about a decade, so these tips may just help you a bit. Wish you all the best!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I would suggest you change the free book to paid as soon as possible, and use the revenue to promote it through Amazon Ads.

Firstly, people don't truly appreciate what they get for free. I think some of the reviews reflect it already, although none of them can be called a poor review.

Many serious readers skip free books thinking that there is no value in it. Call it buyers' psychology(as it applies to the Kindle store) but the more expensive a book is, the more value readers see in it.

However, the highest you could go is $2.99 or maybe $3.99 because anything higher may need a higher page count - again buyers' psychology. They think they need to get a big, fat book if it is priced high i.e. $3.99 and above.

But offering a free book is a good strategy to get reviews and feedback faster. Now that you have a good number of reviews, you can promote it using paid ads without any problem. When people see sponsored book ads they expect to see a good rating for the book and many reviews, and then are more likely to buy the book.

You can also attract a wider audience using the right keywords when you use ads. You could rank organically for one or a few keywords for a limited period of time. When you use ads you can rank on top for a variety of keywords being used as search terms by readers in related niches.

I've been on KDP for about a decade, so these tips may just help you a bit. Wish you all the best!

Thanks for the feedback.

@MTF is helping me run this so maybe he can jump in with the approach here.

With the way I am working this (linking from Youtube channel and emails) it is a little different.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
457%
May 1, 2011

The reason why we're not doing free is because Rob wanted to give this book away anyway through his YouTube channel. The book isn't supposed to make any money and it doesn't matter that some people discount it just because it's available for free. These people probably aren't good prospective students anyway if a difference between $0.00 and $0.99 means they take something seriously or not. If this were so important, Rob shouldn't run his YouTube channel, either (because it's for free). Yet, it's a solid source of qualified leads.

Also, paid rankings are very competitive compared to free rankings. The book, even at $0.99, would most likely quickly disappear unless we would keep promoting it with ads (and keep losing money as you can't turn a profit with such low prices). With a free book, it'll most likely keep getting at least a few dozen downloads a day for the foreseeable future.

We didn't publish the book to make money from royalties. The book is just a tool to build trust and encourage more people to check out Rob's school where the real money is. So it really doesn't make sense to sell it for $2.99 or even $3.99 considering it would at most generate a few thousand dollars this way.

Perhaps you're an Amazon Ads pro and it works for you (then you're a real magician to me lol) but in my experience, advertising costs are ridiculous now and you won't be getting much traffic for such a niche book anyway.

D

Deleted78083

I read the book and I liked it! I would recommend it to any newbies on the forum.

The part about mindset was the most interesting one. It is, once again, about focusing on what your clients want and need, not what you want and need.

Anyway, I took some notes of the things I found important. Fox suggested me to post them here.

You can find them below:

Notes:

I realized that if I wanted to change how much I was getting paid, then I needed to provide more than just fancy website design. I realized businesses were only going to pay me real money when I was able to show them real results. I needed to produce big results if I wanted a big paycheck.

Sell a result, not a website

The more problems you solve and the more results you show, the easiest it is to get high-paying web-design work.

When you are selling a website to a business owner, you are not competing against other designers. You are competing against the other options that the business owner has to solve his problem.

When you focus on what business owners need and you can provide it to them, you will quickly stand out.

That means focusing on the top priorities of a business owner and show him how your website can help him achieve the intended purpose.

Business needs come first. Everything else comes second.

The market pays you for the value you create.

A website is a tool to fix a problem. If the business needs clients, you need a website that attracts clients. If the business has too many people calling, you need a website that answers people's questions or enables people to send emails.

To make money, you need to solve problems. To solve problems, you need to find problems. To find problems, you need to talk to business owners. To understand their problems, you first need to listen to them. To listen, you need to ask them exactly what is the problem that they have.

Don't solve a problem you weren't asked to solve, as you appear as a problem maker, not a problem solver. Never tell people what problems you think they have. Listen to them instead, and ask questions.

Start where your trust is highest - use your current connections to start right away.

To sell anything to anyone, you must first establish trust.

The best way to get clients now is to start doing projects asap and the best way to do that is to work with people that know you personally. Use your own connections and channels.

Focus on results first. Profits will come later.

Leverage your past results. Show potential new clients HOW the websites you have built in the past helped business owners solve problems.

Look at the results you brought with past clients: did you help them with sales, marketing? Once you can identify the problems you fixed, use them to show other clients what you can do for them.

When you find problems that need solving and can show you have already solved them in the past, you become a very good option.

Focus on solving problems. The purpose of freelance is to acquire business skills, and these skills are marketing, sales, copy, and problem-solving. As such, the best web-designers are no longer web-designers. If you can succeed as a web designer, then you can do anything else.

Start small and start now.

harlansjobs

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 31, 2018
If there’s one thread I see repeated over and over again on the forum, it goes like this: “I don’t have money, I don’t have experience, I don’t have any ideas. What do I do? I want to start a business so badly!”

People who post these threads are often unaware that the first step to become a successful business owner starts with a profound mindset shift. You stop thinking about yourself, your money, your experience, or your ideas. Instead, you focus on someone else’s problems. Then you learn how to provide value to them.

This brings me to the second point: developing your business skills. When you shift your mindset—and only then—you can consider what specific skills to develop to provide more value. Some of the most valuable business skills include: prospecting, sales, pricing, cold calling, cold emailing, networking, client communication, project management, copywriting, marketing, building sales systems, ads, email marketing, managing a team, managing yourself, and many others.

Through your repeated efforts to help others while developing these skills, you eventually build a successful business. But you start with the mindset first, and the business skills second. Notice there’s no need for any money, previous experience, or business ideas.

Now that you understand the most important principles, you can start exploring industries in which you can help people. I have studied hundreds of different niches, and very few tick as many “business-owner skills” boxes as web design.

I’ve had more than a fair share of business failures (including a funny story about Conor McGregor and cereals—more on that later). It was web design that helped me grow valuable skills and build a successful business.

When I first started web design, I didn’t have much savings or an income. Today, running my online web design school called Fox Web School, I often meet people who are in the same situation. That’s why I’ve created many free resources to help aspiring entrepreneurs get going.

I recently published a book in which I share my most valuable lessons. The book is titled The $1,000,000 Web Designer Guide A Practical Guide for Wealth and Freedom as an Online Freelancer and is available on all major platforms in all formats (free as an e-book).

While the title of the book suggests a narrow focus, this book isn’t just about web design. While I love web design, it should just be one step on a journey to bigger success. The main purpose of this book is about how you can make yourself into the best business owner you can be. I illustrate this through web design to give you a clear roadmap. But the lessons apply equally in other industries, too.

If you are ready to find out what I wish I had known when I first started web design (and entrepreneurship) several years ago, get your free copy of my book now.

If you’re interested in more details before you commit a couple of hours of your life, here are some of the things I cover in my book:

- Why do some web designer freelancers achieve great success while others fail? Using a fictional story of Dave and Ricky I show the key differences between successful entrepreneurs and those who struggle.

- Why is it essential to view freelancing as a temporary stage in your professional career? The truth is that the freelancing model, while great to start with, can quickly hold you back from even greater success. Learn what freelancing traps to avoid and how to plan ahead.

- Why having money doesn’t mean you’d automatically start a successful business? I explain why a person with a lot of money is still likely to fail.

- What did I do that got me and my buddy shut down by Conor McGregor’s management team? I tried many wild business ideas and that was one of them.

- What did I realize as I struggled to make ends meet working for low-paying clients? It wasn’t about how hard I worked—it was about a key mindset shift that was one of the most important business lessons I’ve ever learned.

- Why in web design you don’t really sell websites? What do you sell instead? This lesson can change everything for a new web design freelancer.

- What’s a key question you need to ask yourself before preparing a proposal for a potential client? By implementing this piece of advice, one of Fox Web School’s students increased his monthly income by 1,600%.

- What’s a core selling principle and how to address it as an aspiring web designer? As with other lessons, this applies not only to web design, but to any other business.

- Why the best web designers no longer work as web designers? Learn why NOT working as a web designer should be your ultimate goal.

You can grab the book for free on any of the major online retailers. Here are the links:

Amazon

Apple

Barnes & Noble

Google Play

Kobo

Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black the other day and he spoke about the same thing. Build value, answer questions and be able to problem-solve.

While as I say I am in the intro, I'm trying to think best about how to use it outside of web design which I have no idea how to do. right now but that will come later.

Will this work for doing other things online also or just web design?

inabox1

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
Sep 30, 2020
United Kingdom
Awesome book @Fox. I read it a couple of months ago and it caused me to take massive action to start my own web design business. I plan on getting your course as soon as I can afford it lol!

Thanks for taking the time to provide the massive value you have on this forum.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black the other day and he spoke about the same thing. Build value, answer questions and be able to problem-solve.

While as I say I am in the intro, I'm trying to think best about how to use it outside of web design which I have no idea how to do. right now but that will come later.

Will this work for doing other things online also or just web design?

Late on the reply here but I think what the book covers would work for a lot of similar services to web design.

I hope you enjoyed it.

Sega Saph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Dec 17, 2021
Russia
You did a fr****ing brilliant job! And followed advice of MJ in his books. It's huge! Wish you a good luck and peace!

Last edited:

Racks95

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jun 10, 2019

Amazon

Apple

Barnes & Noble

Google Play

Kobo
Thanks for posting. I got a copy from Amazon. I'm feeling optimistic I'll get strategy and act on it.

Raju Zodiac

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
475%
Mar 10, 2022

Amazon

Apple

Barnes & Noble

Google Play

Kobo
Thank you fox, this book has added massive value to my life. I’ll be sure to check out your course once I save up enough for it. Thanks again. Time to take action!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Thank you fox, this book has added massive value to my life. I’ll be sure to check out your course once I save up enough for it. Thanks again. Time to take action!

Glad it helped!

Rauschmi

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 7, 2021
Oceanside, CA
Great book.

I liked the mindset aspect of the book. How to have the proper selling mindset when trying to get clients. Web designers aren’t just website creators that can make a nice looking site. They should be problem solvers first and creator second. Focusing on what problems your client has and how you can use a website to solve their problems.

The books focused a lot on how to sell the value of a website to a client. What you should do when meeting or speaking to potential clients. And what not to do.

I have already talked about this book to a colleague of mine. I told him about creating websites as a problem solving tool for business owners. My colleague was like, “I never thought of it that way. I always get into the nitty gritty html code and end up down a rabbit hole of focusing on font color, font type, pictures, and all that.” So I explained the concepts of clients as business owners with problems, and web designers as problem solvers with a tool. I also got him to download your book. (And look into @MJ DeMarco books).

So, solid book. Great read and definitely a great mindset paradigm shifting resource. Thanks for the insight. I look forward to reading more of your posts here and YouTube and your school.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Great book.

I liked the mindset aspect of the book. How to have the proper selling mindset when trying to get clients. Web designers aren’t just website creators that can make a nice looking site. They should be problem solvers first and creator second. Focusing on what problems your client has and how you can use a website to solve their problems.

The books focused a lot on how to sell the value of a website to a client. What you should do when meeting or speaking to potential clients. And what not to do.

I have already talked about this book to a colleague of mine. I told him about creating websites as a problem solving tool for business owners. My colleague was like, “I never thought of it that way. I always get into the nitty gritty html code and end up down a rabbit hole of focusing on font color, font type, pictures, and all that.” So I explained the concepts of clients as business owners with problems, and web designers as problem solvers with a tool. I also got him to download your book. (And look into @MJ DeMarco books).

So, solid book. Great read and definitely a great mindset paradigm shifting resource. Thanks for the insight. I look forward to reading more of your posts here and YouTube and your school.

Hey @Rauschmi - really happy to hear that it helped and thanks for recommending it.

Try to get your friend on the forums too if possible!

Tag me in any posts if I can help, cheers.

Abhishekbiswal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
67%
Aug 15, 2018

Amazon

Apple

Barnes & Noble

Google Play

Kobo
Thanks for the knowledge.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.