The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Is web design still a profitable business in 2024?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe

If you've been following me here or on Youtube, you probably know that I started a web design business back in 2016. If you missed it, I have a full 'gold' thread on how it went here.

In short, things went super well, I posted about it online; others wanted some help starting their own online web design businesses, and eventually the school (and now this program) got started.

Since then I have worked with hundreds of people, helping many to start their first consistently profitable online business.

But as far as things go a lot has changed since 2016 – the economy, politics, business trends, the global marketplace and so on. Every week there is some new global event, and it is easy to get distracted.

While on the surface it looks like a lot has changed, I don't think it has. I feel strongly that the web design business model and the principles behind it haven't really changed one bit. And the people focused on the right approach to web design are doing better than ever (I have top students doing $10,000 to $25,000 deals consistently).

So if you're ready, let's get started ...

Can web design still work in 2024, and if so is it a good choice?

This thread somewhat assumes that you are open to the idea of starting a web design business. Maybe you have even thought about trying web design in the past, but were not 100% sure if it was the right thing for YOU to pursue with all the different options out there.

Either way, the most common questions (and what we will cover in this thread) are:
  • Is web design still a good option?
  • Can I learn this with no past experience?
  • How hard is it to learn web design and make money?
  • How fast can I sell my first project and get profitable?
  • How much coding skills do I have to know to sell websites?
  • Is it too late for me to compete against others doing this for years?
  • Can I take this step without getting stuck in something that's NOT right for me?
If any of these questions sound familiar, then keep reading because I’ll answer all of these below.

My goal is that by the time you finish reading this thread, you can definitively say either—“Yes, web design is a good option that fits with my long-term Fastlane plans”—or—“No, I can safely rule out web design for now.”

If you get stuck at any point, just use this form to get more info (and I will email you directly also).

On top of this, you likely want a business to tick some important boxes:

These are the common personal requirements we see people asking about when it comes to web design. They are not exactly questions, but more "will it be possible to achieve this" type goals.

Let’s cover them first...
  • You’re looking for a business model with very little or no downside risk
  • You don't want to get caught up in "the next big thing" that's gone a week later.
  • You are looking for a viable business model that can actually work - no playing around
  • You prefer to build a skill set that is transferable if needed and useful in all business areas
  • You need to be able to start right away using only the skills and resources you already have
  • You don't want to have to go back to square one and start from scratch - or worse, try to get a job
  • You don’t have the ability to invest $10,000s to buy a business or be able to order a bunch of inventory
  • You need to be cash flow positive in a short period of time. You can't wait all year to start making money
  • You want something easy to run without employees, an office, face-to-face meetings, or supply chains.
  • You also want something that can be part of your bigger long-term Fastlane plan
If some or all of these sound like things you want in your next business idea, the good news is that web design checks all these boxes and more. If you want to see how, just keep reading. I'll show you how in this post.

So what does it take to succeed in web design in 2024?

Over the past 4+ years, I've been fortunate enough to help a lot of people get started with a profitable web design business. Through my own YouTube channel, this forum and several other places, we have built a great private community that helps everyone win big.

I try not to promote web design too much on the forums, but through my web design program there has been at least 300-350 members on here that I have helped get started with their first successful online business.

I also have my own YouTube channel with over 35,000 subscribers, my freelancing Instagram page with 220,000 followers, and my email list with nearly 20,000 people

All of these different places mean that I have now directly helped and coached literally thousands of different web designers and freelancers.

And what I want to cover below are the clear trends I have noticed on why some people succeed, while others get stuck or fail over and over.

And these strategies that we will cover do make a BIG difference.

I have had students with zero experience sell their very first website for MORE than some web designers with 5+ years experience have ever made on a single project.

AND it's not just about making profits either - they also do an amazing job of helping their clients get REAL business results.

It is a total win-win for everyone involved.

"So what are the different approaches and why do some people succeed and others don't?"

Let's start by looking at what NOT to do...

The 2 Common Approaches to Web Design That WON'T Make You Profitable

#1 Wrong Approach - Focusing 100% on learning coding and technical skills

95%+ of web designers fail to achieve freedom because they spend all their time developing technical skills. They think that if they are experts in Javascript or Wordpress, they will be in demand and profitable.

They quickly find out, though, that it just doesn’t work that way. Business owners don’t think in terms of code and design — they instead keep focused on their most important business challenges or problems.

Can you imagine a business meeting where the owner tells his team, “We badly need to put more money into HTML and CSS this month”? That is never going to happen!

What matters most to a business owner is what clearly keeps their business running and growing. These are going to be areas like increasing sales, attracting new customers, or making sure everything is running efficiently.

It is these key business areas where you need to clearly show how you can help.

This is now twice as important in 2024. If you can’t help with creating sales, customers, or better systems most businesses are not going to want to listen to you at the moment. They want big results - right now.

It is in the key most important business areas where you need to clearly show how you can help.

To succeed you have to present what you can offer in a way that matters to them. If it isn’t easy for them to see the value in what you are selling, they will put it at the bottom of the list with 1,000 other things that need to be done someday.

What gets their attention is “here is how you can get more customers” not “I could improve your old Javascript”.

The people who do best don’t focus on selling the technical stuff - instead they look for ways to create value and then make it appealing for a business owner to invest in.

Often they actually have very little or average technical skills.

While advanced coding skills may get you a job, they alone won't make you an entrepreneur. Focusing too much on your technical skills usually results in you becoming just another cog in someone else's business. With a "need to learn more code" mindset, it is easy to become overqualified without a clear way to make money or sell yourself.

Unfortunately, a lot of web designers don't see this and keep going in the wrong direction.

And when it doesn't work, they mistakenly double down on the very skills that are already hurting them the most... "I don't get it - I can code amazingly - why can't I find work?".

I get a lot of this kind of DMs all the time - it doesn't work.

Also there are so many easy ways to make a website in 2024 with very basic coding skills and anything extra on top of that can be easily outsourced. The truth is you don’t need to be that good technically to run a profitable web design business. The real skills that make you profitable are often not technical.

(A lot of old school web designers or people who paid big money for coding degrees will disagree. BUT these same people complain they can’t get hired and there are no good clients. Business and selling skills always come first.)

Wrong Approach #2 – You focus on building beautifully-designed, custom-coded websites.

A lot of web design gurus out there will teach people that this is where the money is — spending weeks building fancy, custom-coded websites. But this approach doesn’t work well either.

First, you will end up working around the clock to make the perfect design. When you focus on selling design, you attract clients who think about how things look, rather than how well they work. You’ll have clients focused on the design of every pixel, section, and button. Many times, it means a lot of extra hours added to the project and dozens of rounds of changes.

I am sure some people on here have horror stories of these sort of projects! Design focused projects can be a nightmare.

Secondly, though, very few businesses care about design in the first place. When they don’t know what they want, they might say, “design,” but what they are really after is a solution to a deeper problem.

Your clients don’t really need elaborate custom illustrations, 3D graphics, tons of animations, and award-winning design. They don’t care much about a totally unique, fully custom website that’s nothing like a visitor has ever seen before.

What they are looking for is a real change in their business. They are secretly hoping that the fancy new design helps them get more sales, or brings in new customers. Often when you get to the core issue it was never really about design - it was something bigger they were after.

The cool thing is when you identify what really matters you can get a lot better results with much less work. There are way more effective (and easier) ways to help create sales than spending 100 hours on photoshop making custom graphics.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that visual design is useless or bad. It’s just one of the tools we can use to build great results. Just like with technical skills - it is nice to have but don’t let it be what you rely on to build your web business.

----

Where both of the above examples go wrong is the same - putting specific skills before an overall approach that works.

Business owners don’t go to sleep thinking of code or design. They are thinking about their actual business.

Web design gets (very) profitable when you start to think bigger than just code and design...

The main reason people succeed with web design is by shifting their mindset to what really matters.
Instead of focusing on code or design they start to look at things from the business owners perspective.

These web designers only focus 20% of their time on learning technical skills and design, but the other 80% on mastering how to use and market those skills.

Many are not the “best” coders or designers, but they understand how to make their skills extremely valuable in the marketplace.

They realize that running a web design business has very little to do with technical skills or your design ability.

>>> It is all about creative problem solving and adding value. <<<

To give some examples, here are a few of the skills you can quickly develop to be running a profitable web design business in a short amount of time:

1) Problem Solving
Learn to see the overall situation and develop creative solutions that make a difference. This is like the story of the expert who charged $20,000 for fixing one small part in a large factory. He wasn’t paid for the work involved - it was for knowing the right solution

2) Creating Value
This forum knows that money always flows towards value. When you learn to see web design as a tool to be used to help a business solve their problems and achieve their goals, you can quickly increase your prices by 2, 5, 10 or more times. Business owners will always pay well for websites that offer real value.

3) Master Selling
Businesses need cash flow to survive. And every business is interested in either securing their cash flow or growing it. Most likely both. So knowing how to build a website that helps with sales is a super valuable and profitable skill set. (And knowing how to sell helps you get bigger and better web design deals, too).

4) Communicating and Messaging
Along with selling, businesses also need a lot of help ensuring they have the right message that reaches the right people. You become extremely valuable when you can help create and improve their messaging. This skill requires you to identify customer needs and understand the marketplace.

5) Mindset and Self-Management
This is an easy area to work on that gives you a massive boost over the competition. Most web designers struggle with managing themselves and their business. Being able to do both means you can make rapid progress and also see gains in other areas of your life too.

6) Combining Simple Skills
Scott Adams (creator of the Dilbert comic) calls this ‘Talent Stacking’. It is about combining several skills to create massive value. When you have basic proficiency in a bunch of different areas like web design, copywriting, email marketing and so on, you start to open many very profitable opportunities for yourself.

How many of these require a degree in computer science or a $10,000 design bootcamp? None.

But these are the sort of skills that put you at the top of the marketplace. They are what make you profitable and in demand. If you look at any success thread on this forum, you are going to see many people who have succeeded using a combination (or all) of these skills.

These types of skills are where you need to be focused to succeed. They are what will set you up for long term success as both a web designer but also in the bigger picture as an entrepreneur.

With that in mind, let’s look at how you can get started with learning and developing these core business skills...

A realistic plan to succeed at web design in the short, medium, and long term

There are three main stages you will progress through in your web design journey. These stages also show why web design is such a great way to learn the key skills we talked about above and to prepare for your future Fastlane ventures.

***I’ve included student case studies from people on this forum to show you what to expect at each stage. If you are one of the people (or another student), then feel free to add in more details below if you wish.***

The first stage: Getting started

This is where most people are going to be when they first join the program. They will either have started learning the basics of code or will have some coding skills but struggle with sales.

The first goal here is to change how you view web design and to focus on what matters most to a business owner. When you can see why they would buy, you can start to align what you are selling with what they want. This makes it a lot easier to sell, but it also means that what they hire you for is much more valuable for them, too. It is 100% win-win.

The second goal is to help develop a winning mindset for business (and life). After 100s of interactions with students, I’ve noticed that mindset is one of the biggest issues holding most people back. So we put plenty of focus into helping you overcome any mindset issues. Such as self-doubt, procrastination, perfectionism or poor self-management.

In around 1-3 months, our students will typically land their first $1,000+ project. Getting that first win under your belt feels great and creates a ton of momentum! While this isn’t life-changing money, it’s still a great first milestone, and it helps to confirm the fact that you’re building a solid foundation of skills. You’re learning how to sell, how to close deals, and how to manage a project. You’re changing the way you see business. You’re beginning to help others and be in demand.

(Plus it means you will have already paid off the full lifetime access to the program!)

A good example of this is Owen...

Owen joined in May of last year after seeing this thread on here.
He had little in the way of coding or web design experience...

Owen's Success Story-1.png

By August, he was using the sales and business skills from the program to land website and SEO deals...

Owen's Success Story-2.png

And then, by November was able to hit a big personal goal and quit his job. ..

Owen's Success Story-3.png

For a student who shows up and takes action with the program, these are the sort of results we would expect them to hit.

Another great student example is @Isaac Oh

Isaac started a few months back and has gone from a $500 project to a $2,500 project to just recently enjoying his first month of over $10,000. Keep in mind that he only just started to learn code when he joined, too. This isn’t about just charging massive prices either - his clients are getting massive value and huge results from his websites.

***Update***: Isaac has now transitioned into running a full blown agency with the skills he has picked up in this program. He works with some amazing clients and is running a steady 6-figure a year business...

Isaac.png

These posts above are taken from the private FB group, and you will see success posts like this every week.

And here is another recent one from Instagram, of someone who took my previous program that I promoted on the Fastlane forums...

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.15.43.png

Medium Term (1-2 years):

This is where you start to focus on building a steady income and a solid base of clients and referrals.
While big payday projects are great, to succeed long-term, you also want consistent cash flow.

So this stage is all about building the right relationships, helping businesses in a big way, and becoming a longterm trusted advisor.

The cool thing is that as you build more trust with each new client, you also get to learn a lot about how successful businesses grow and thrive. You get an inside look at how their businesses run - which means you can develop real, transferable skills. On some projects, you can get dozens of hours working alongside seasoned successful business owners.

This experience helps with a lot more than just web design. It can be very hard to get this kind of insight elsewhere, but with web design, business owners share openly with you as you work together. You get a lot of exposure to what makes a business successful, what creates sales, and what keeps customers coming back. It’s like a bonus mini MBA of sorts.

To give a few examples of people at this stage who started with just making websites and who are now quickly going Fastlane...

A great example of this is @GuitarManDan. You probably have already seen his own great gold progress thread on here, but I will quickly cover his progress....

Dan started his web design business in 2018 using my previous course and had a very decent year or two. However, he wanted to take things to the next level and didn’t want to get complacent. He then joined the full Fox Legends Program.

After joining, he absolutely crushed it, and along with some big website sales, did super well with building recurring revenue too. To give just one example, he landed a $25,000 sale from a cold email technique that I shared in the course (but Dan gets all the credit for taking tons of consistent action!).

Within the first year he was already well into building a steady six-figure web design and SEO business.

But he didn't stop there...

He has also created a truly Fastlane business on top of his web design business with massive potential. It is still in the early stages of scaling it up, but he is already at over $60/k a month, and this is the exact goal we love to help people towards with the program.

You can see his latest progress here...

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 17.45.06.png
(Screenshot from Dan's progress thread)

Long-term (2-3+ years)

I hinted at this with Dan's story, but our end goal with this approach to web design is much bigger than just making some websites. This last stage is really what separates this program from other options.

As much as we love web design (and we do!), we always see it more of a launching pad than an end destination. Our end goal is always for our students to use their web design experience to go on to launch an even bigger Fastlane-style business.

If you think about any successful Fastlane business, you will need a certain set of skills:
- How to find unfulfilled needs in the marketplace
- How to create a valuable product or service
-How to then sell that product or service
- How to scale your business
- And so on

Once you pick up these skills through web design, you will be ready to keep on moving to the next Fastlane level.
It is a natural next stage and one we have built into the way we run this program from the very beginning.

If have done our job right, during this stage you will feel ready to use what you have learned (and your cash flow from projects) to reach for that next level.

A good example of this is @MJ DeMarco himself. Now obviously, MJ isn’t a student or has taken any of my training, but if you look back at MJ’s story (before his big successes), he first started paying his bills and improving his skills through web design work...

“I aggressively marketed my website. I sent out emails. Cold-called. Mailed letters. I learned search engine optimization (SEO). Because I couldn’t afford books, I visited the Phoenix library daily and persisted to read about Internet programming languages. I improved my website, learned about graphics and copywriting. Anything that could help me, I consumed.

Then one day I had a breakthrough; I received a call from a company in Kansas who raved about my website service and wanted me to design their website. Sure. I obliged with a price of $400. They thought the price was a steal and within 24 hours, I built the company their website.

I was ecstatic. In 24 hours, I had most of the rent payment. Then ironically, not 24 hours later, I received another call from a company in New York asking for the same thing… a new website. I designed theirs for $600 and it took me two days to complete. I had another rent payment!

Now, I know this isn’t a lot of money, but from poverty to $1000 in three days felt like winning the fifty million dollar Powerball.

My first few months in Phoenix, I gained traction and survived on my own for the first time in my life. No flower boy. No bus boy. No pizza delivery. No sponging off mom. I was purely self-employed! I was momentous acceleration, a wind at my back that foreshadowed a directional change into a new universe of wealth generation.’

and...

“I took a contented pause thankful of my recent move and glanced at my bank balance. It was more than $5,000 and it was more money than I ever knew. Now I realize that $5K is not a lot of money, basically it is bankrupt. However at that moment in my life, it meant not having to get a job for at least another year.

You see, that $5,000 bought me one year of freedom. Freedom to pursue success. Freedom to do what was necessary. Freedom to pursue my dream. For the next year, I was guaranteed to own every hour of my life.

Links:
https://www.mjdemarco.com/my-story/
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/one-year-of-flf.56628/#post-417628 (post #17)

This is a great example of starting web design in the best way possible - with a focus on using it to go much further when the time is right. And I fully agree with MJ here and think web design is NOT a great long-term option. The best web designers are always people who used web design to go on to do something much bigger! That is how you make it truly Fastlane.

But for someone on here right now without a solid business plan, who doesn’t have a ton of money in the bank to invest, and who might be struggling with core business abilities such as mindset or sales, then web design can be a perfect option to get you to where you want to be long term.

What are the key ingredients to make Web Design work for me?

The mistake I have seen over and over is people who have the best of intentions, but head completely down the wrong road. They focus on developing the wrong skills, working with the wrong type of clients, and having no idea how to increase their sales or results.

What can seem like progress at first can quickly turn into a dead end. They end up working for free or cheap for months on end, yet things are still not improving. They are no closer to big sales or any real success.

Web design is definitely not an area where hard work is necessarily going to pay off - you have to think strategically.

Where is a good place to start?

Get a good game plan. No matter how low your current skills or experience might seem, with a solid plan you can make massive progress in a short amount of time. Just one or two projects done the right way will add up very fast.

Along with that surround yourself with the people who are already getting good results and learn from them. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. The people who run successful web design businesses use the same effective tactics over and over again. This is where a coach or mentor is going to be key. You might think I am biased (since I also coach) but I invested a lot in coaching and training when I first started. I still do.

On top of this it's crucial to have a solid support system to keep you motivated and focused. Working as a web designer can be quite challenging if you are fully alone. By being a part of a group of like minded people though, you can keep yourself accountable while making a ton of personal and business progress. A strong network is a must.

These core ingredients to web design success is why we have structured Fox Web School the way we have. We saw what what would work best and then built a program that provides you with everything you need to succeed.

What Fox Web School Can Offer

Nobody needs another generic course that gets you average results. There are plenty of these, and they churn out people who will never make more than a few $100 for a website.

What you need right now is the right coaching and blueprint (along with a proper community) for creating real success. You want a proven program to develop the right skills for you in the right order - and that keeps you motivated and moving in the right direction.

That is exactly what you get when you join Fox Web School.

We focus on helping you master important business skills that make a real difference.

These are skills like:
- finding big needs in the marketplace
- persuasion and communication
- taking huge amounts of action
- overall business strategy
- problem solving skills
- sales and marketing
- solid self-control
- and mindset

And all of this adds up to a dangerous skillset you can then use to build any type of Fastlane business.

In fact, since this program launched in 2019, we have already helped 350+ members directly from this forum plus over 1,300 students total. We have worked hard on making a great program and community that over-delivers and consistently gets results.

This program is known as the “Fox Legends Program". And it was built with a specific end-goal of first helping you to get profitable with web design - and then showing you how to use web design to go even bigger.

To keep this post a bit shorter we haven’t packed it full of reviews (we have 100s) but if you look around this thread or on the forum you will find many. Also, on Trustpilot we have well over one hundred 5-star reviews...

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 18.09.26.png

We are always working hard to improve things, but the program is already completely proven to help new students see great results and consistent progress.

Based off what has been proven to work best so far the program structure is:

a) Stage one - Get Dialled In
  1. How to quickly develop the mindset of a successful entrepreneur
  2. Why people will buy websites from you (at a high price)
  3. How to quickly learn the business of web design and use it to start any online business
  4. How to control your own internal mindset and actions
b) Stage two - Master the Core Skills
  1. This section of the course will show you how to go from zero to charging $10,000 plus for web design projects. We will cover all you need to know and how to do this with zero previous skills.
  2. You’ll also master selling, prospecting, copywriting, proposals, communication and how to spot and solve large business problems. These are the core skills you need in any business.
  3. You’ll also learn the bigger skills needed to grow and guide a business like goal setting, strategy, planning, thinking big, and creating a vision you and your team can buy into.
c) Stage three - Get Moving Towards Your Goals
  1. In this final section, you’ll be ready to use your combined web experience, skills, and cash flow to start creating your own Fastlane business on top of web design.
  2. We will give you the tools to start finding ideas, know how to add value, how to start a new business around strong market needs, and how to get your first customers rolling in.
  3. The goal of this stage is to help get you ready to create a truly “Fastlane” type business that you can transition into from web design. Web design is great and a fantastic place to start but we will make sure to see you the whole way through to even bigger business success.

(This is an overview of the general stages - use the link below and I will send you a FULL program breakdown)

Also, you get access to our amazing community...

Monthly live calls

Every month, we have several group live calls hosted personally by myself.

There are open format on Zoom - and are a place where you can share your progress, ask questions, get direct feedback, and speed up your learning pace.

Since I have started the program I have hosted several hundred of these calls - which is something you won't see in hardly any other program. (Cause I actually care about getting you results!)

And since we get asked this a lot – we record all calls and have a system in place to get your questions answered if you can’t make a call. This also means all the past live calls are available once you join too!

---

We also try to do some Guest live calls - with some notable past calls being MJ DeMarco himself, along with John Kavanagh (Conor McGregor's coach), and James Jani (1.6 Million YouTube subs).

Screenshot 2023-04-03 at 18.19.51.png
---
Membership to the private Fox Legends Program Facebook group

You’ll also get full access to our private Facebook group, where you can interact with your fellow students. You all know what a private Facebook group is, but this one is different.

For a change, this one is actually very active and high value with detailed posts and daily engagement.

You won’t need to wait longer than a few hours at most to get a response to your question...

Group.png
(This group is still so active after years because we actually care and help you get results!)

And I share this screenshot to once again show you that this program is different and that we do actually care. We have many past members (and myself) in the group daily helping new people to succeed as much as possible.

It is common to see whole sale pitches and proposals get created and then successfully closed in the Facebook group each week! If you join, and have any issues with web design, your business, motivation, mindset etc. – we are always in the group ready to help.

I know from experience just how critical it is to surround yourself with other motivated people if you want to hit your goals. And while I might be a bit biased, I truly believe our community is one of the best places to do that.

(If I’m being honest, this is probably my favourite part of the program. Pretty much everyone who joins is blown away by how supportive all of the members inside the Legends community are.)

Extra Resources

Along with the full program I have also invested back into getting in the best guest coaches possible for some additional bonus courses.

There include:

- Learning Google Ads with @Andy Black
- Copywriting Skills with @Bekit
- Mini Agency Course with Isaac Oh
- Facebook Ads course with Tate Morgan
- Starting SEO course with Steve Deane
- Webflow Starter course from Eli Alcaraz
- As well as bonus coaching calls from a few of the top members on this forum

So it is pretty stacked with all the skills you need to get going!

What you need to be able to join…

We run things a little differently to most communities and it also means our deal is way better.

First off - we give you FULL lifetime access. So once you pay upfront (or complete your plan) you then have full lifetime access to everything. This also means you can access everything once you join - so no waiting around for things to unlock or for you to get access permission.

Which is pretty crazy. Most programs on this level limit you to only 6 or 8 weeks and that is it. I have been happy to continue to help out all the members who have joined over the last 3 years. Which has the added benefit for you of having a ton of experienced people in the group once you join.

Bottom line - I really do care you get real results, and have put everything possible into the program to do so.

We do run a tight operation though, and require a few things from you to make sure it makes sense to work together:

:check: - willingness to commit and stick with a proven plan
:check: - a few hours of time each week to learn and apply what we teach you
:check: - some savings or cash flow to cover your cost of living as you learn the business
:check: - you want real advice that works, and are open to a better way of building an online business

But on the other hand, here are some things that you don’t need to join:

:xx: - advanced or even intermediate coding and programming skills
:xx: - prior business experience - we teach you business skills from scratch
:xx: - a ton of free time - we get that you have a life and maybe a job to support yourself before the biz takes off
:xx: - a personal website, business cards etc. - there are better ways to get started without wasting time
:xx: - living in an English-speaking country (we have many students from Europe, South America and Asia)
:xx: - a perfect mindset - it’s ok if you have some fear and doubts about these types of things. That’s what we’re here for!

If you are willing to apply yourself and have the minimal resource to make this possible, this is a realistic option to start learning web design the right way. If you are a good fit, we will do everything we can to ensure you succeed.

There’s never been a better time to join…

The Fox Legends Program of course isn’t the only way to start an online business, but we do take a lot of hassle out of the way:

- A proven program that works, and has been successfully used by 100s of people on this forum. Some of which are now making $30-50k+/month consistently.

- A focus on the core business skills that matter most. Skills that you can use to succeed in web design, but which also create the business foundation you need for any bigger Fastlane ideas.

- A strong and active community that will help every step of the way. We are a loyal ground of people who want to help you to get going and to see you win!

- A business model that can work in pretty much every country and location on earth. And that also doesn't require you to have some crazy degree or all the right connections.

- A focus on what really matters and that lines up with the Fastlane philosophy. The goal is to NOT have you be a freelancer forever. It is to get you in, show you the skills to succeed, and then get you on to the next level.

And all this adds up to a great next step for anyone looking to get started with their first profitable online business.

PLUS - joining Fox Legends Program is super reasonable for the amount of value you get:

The Legends Program Deal:

The Legends Program used to be a $2,000 investment to join. But while it’s been helping hundreds of people to get massive results, this price is just not possible for some people. They want to join, but can’t afford it.

So what I have done, is reduce the price to allow some more people to join.
If they are ready to go and fully committed!

So, right now, I’m offering it to you for over 50% off the original price.

And this includes all the same lifetime access, and all the training, content, live calls, community and bonus content.

This isn’t just about saving you money – it’s about getting you to commit to your goals and take action.

This is also an exclusive Fastlane deals that I don't offer anywhere else.
I love this forum and want to help as many members as possible - so this is the best price you can join at.

Also keep in mind, the whole focus here is a positive ROI for you on your money invested.
And this is quite easy - just one smaller website deal easily pays for this whole program.

And then you still have all the skills, training, community, and support with full lifetime access...

Screenshot 2023-04-04 at 07.09.39.png

If you are interested - just click the link below, and I’ll send the Fastlane Deal details over to you right away.

(Also, if you want, you can also email me back with any questions you might have)

The link is:

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Wael

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 13, 2022
France
Hey guys, what is up?

Who is up for building your first Fastlane business in 2024 and crushing it?

What I’m about to share in this thread is for anyone who is just getting started.

Maybe you don’t have a lot of marketable skills yet.

Maybe your main asset is persistence and determination and willpower.

Maybe you have started a business and failed.

Or maybe you’ve never started a business at all.

You could have just graduated from college.

Or maybe you’re stuck in a 9-5 job, making less than you want to make.

As long as you’ve got a drive to succeed, but you’re not sure of the best path to get there, this thread is for you.

Here’s the deal.

I’ve got a proven path for you to kick off your Fastlane career and get yourself established as an entrepreneur, starting now.

Think about what it takes to succeed in business from zero.

Why are some people so far ahead?

But other people are stuck?

Why are some people crushing it when they are younger than you…

…or not as smart as you…

…or they had fewer advantages than you…

…and you’re still struggling?

It's because of having skills.

If you have skills, then you can build pretty much anything you want.

If you don't, you're just going to go around in circles.

But not just any skills.

People hear “skills” and they think they need some kind of INSIDERS knowledge about some complex industry.

That’s not true.

The skills I’m talking about are the skills every entrepreneur needs to start with.
  • How to identify a need
  • How to solve business problems
  • How to provide value in a way that people will pay you for
  • How to sell your service
All these are learnable skills!

But most people didn’t learn this in school.

And most likely, you have no opportunity to practice developing these skills.

You already know you need these things.

But so far, maybe you haven’t had a way to get the reps under your belt to gain those skills.

So where do you get started with developing these skills?

It’s not going to just happen to you.

Anything you do needs to be practical.

It needs to give you real-world opportunity to be a business owner (NOT just “pretend” or know what you “theoretically should do”)

It needs to give you a valid paycheck or it’s not worth your time.

And it needs to be something where you don’t need to spend endless years getting educated.

This HAS to be something that can ramp up quickly, get you some early wins, and make you real money.

Realistically, it also needs to be something you already have the tools to do.

There’s honestly a lot of ways to go about this. You could invent something or do ecommerce or any number of things.

But I’m going to propose Web Design as your “vehicle” of choice to get you there.

Web design is the perfect method because it’s simple to learn.

Everything's online.

All you need is a computer.

You're going to learn how it all works in no time.

This is how MJ got his initial success, and it is how you can get started, too

Web design is repeatable.

It is scalable.

You can make the kind of money you can support a family with.

You can also make the kind of money that you can roll into another business down the road.

Web design forces you to solve real-world problems.

It also forces you to learn the “bread and butter” skills that every entrepreneur is going to draw on for the rest of your life.

You will be learning to sell.

You will be learning to think like a business owner.

You will be learning what your clients need. You will be meeting those needs.

You will be identifying niches in the process that might spark an idea for you where you can provide even more value.

But here’s where new web designers constantly go wrong…

• They undercharge.
  • Or they overpromise.
  • Or they struggle to find clients.
They get stuck and they conclude it doesn’t work.

Or they conclude that web design is oversaturated.

They chalk it up as one more failure.

I don’t want that outcome for you.

And here’s how you can avoid those pitfalls:

yUAsaDz.jpg

Join the Legends Program to get early wins, avoid costly mistakes, and run a profitable web design business in 2024.

The Fox Web School Legends Program is the proven path to take you from Zero to Success as a business owner.

Over 1000 students have joined the Legends program, and there are countless success stories from the ranks of Legends members.

Our early students in this program are out there crushing it by now.

One of the first students in the Legends program is almost at 7 figures at this point.

Another one is making multiple 6 figures.

Tons of our students are making thousands of dollars per month.

VlWeRGa.png

This could be you.

For a dedicated student who puts in the work,it takes just a few months for a new student in the Legends program to close a $2,000 - $5,000 sale. This has been true for countless students in my program, even for ones who started from zero.

TK9Co9p.png

Will you be a perfect web designer by that point? No, of course not.

But will you have what you need to legitimately solve a business problem and sell something that is worth $2-5,000? Yes, you will.

Why is this? How is this possible? How can I confidently say that?

Here’s the thing…

Here is why I confidently expect ANY student of my program to make a real-world 4-figure sale within months of joining my program:

In the Legends program, we train you to focus on what matters the most.

You know what matters?

It’s not coding.

It’s not your technical design skills.

It’s not your expertise in HTML, CSS, or Wordpress.

Do those things matter? Sure.

But that’s not what matters the most.

This is where most people get tied up. They put their primary focus on those things. And then they fail.

There’s something else that matters more.

In the Legends program, we help you focus on…
  • How to identify a need.
  • How to sell your service.
Web design is just the tool we use to practice those skills.

In a way, web design is arbitrary. You could pretty much swap in anything that you sell and it would still work.

I believe you could join the Legends Program and swap in window washing or copywriting or car detailing, and the Legends training would still put you on the same successful path that it does for our web designers.

We just use web design because it’s such a proven way to work less and earn more.

The Legends Program is the ONLY training you need to start bringing in GOOD, high-paying projects, fast.

4ZLX0Bl.png

Here’s exactly what you get in the Legends Program

When you join the Legends Program, you’ll get immediate access to the following:

1) The Legends Online Course

This is the training program that over 1,000 other students have chosen as their method to get to the Fastlane.

Inside the course, you get detailed modules that bring you up to speed on everything that matters. The training is broken down into easy-to-follow segments that guide you step-by-step through the skills you will develop.
  • Sales training that gives you the confidence to present your offer and close deals. If you internalize this training, it has the potential to skyrocket your results in ANY sales conversation.
    • How to identify clients
    • Common pain points to address
    • How to construct an offer
    • How to conduct a meeting with the client
    • How to handle objections
    • How and when to offer a guarantee
    • How to close the deal
  • Mindset training so that your head is in the right space. A good mindset is the number one cause of success, and a bad mindset is the number one cause of failure for my students, so it’s vital to get this right.
    • How to adopt the right perspective
    • How to not sabotage your success through feeling “unworthy” of charging your rates
    • How to look at things from a business owner’s perspective
  • Web development training that will put you on the right track to be able to create the deliverables that you sell.
  • Scripts, templates, and frameworks that you can swipe and deploy immediately for early wins
  • And much more

3rEv8qb.png

2) Monthly Live Coaching Calls

These monthly group calls are your chance to ask questions, get input on anywhere that you’re stuck, and get a healthy dose of inspiration from your fellow students on the program.

The Legends coaching calls are a safe, supportive environment to get your questions answered and get feedback that will point you in the right direction anywhere along the way.

You also get access to the recorded call archives, where you can find tons of incredible insights that have been shared along the way. You could probably make thousands of dollars just off of the insights, tips, and wisdom found in these calls alone.

3) My Private Legends Facebook Community

This is a thriving, active community where all kinds of people are constantly posting helpful advice. We’ve got hundreds of successful students in this group, as well as brand-new students starting from scratch.

You can use this group to ask a question, share your success, contribute your expertise, celebrate each other’s wins, gain inspiration, collaborate, and see what’s working and what’s not for other web designers around the world.

A community is only as good as the amount of engagement that happens in it, but this community is really something special. Value bombs are shared all the time. And it’s the amazing people in the community who make it so amazing. A huge thank-you to all the Legends members who have made this community into what it is.

lFLPqYb.png

4) The Ultimate Webflow Template

I paid one of the top Webflow designers $5,000 to create the Ultimate Webflow Template. He has also included a full tutorial on how to customize it. This template allows you to create a professional-looking, high-converting business website for yourself as easily as possible. That way, you’re not losing a bunch of time creating your own site, but you still have the benefit that if clients look you up, the quality of your online presence matches with what someone would expect to see.

5) Exclusive call recordings with Industry Experts

Top-rated industry experts and successful business owners (including MJ DeMarco) share their secrets and strategies in these calls. You’ll learn advanced techniques in web design, sales, improving your mindset, and building a successful business from these calls. You’d normally have to pay big bucks to join an elite mastermind to get access to these kinds of experts, but all of these call recordings are included in your membership.

wfd4MPhUZ7Tsj01mGrb8cv0dLu52HBv5LzWiidHe2NP5K5LUTQNX1LelN9uBriXp71sYuudxU2fJeCSvYLj6kbTSqBm164ifbjBYzuSWtqt06gZBKF1alQvTWpXPlEH4AuxEtjlesil9Qw7BRlApDTmt9fO8jaHKPR2uMjK1_85pLHV_cIMORfQpMfrcQA

6) A stack of Email Templates for Six-Figure results

These are the exact email templates I use to close my biggest deals. Know what to say to clients and when. You’ll also understand how and when to customize these templates so that you can keep clients happy and make them want to do more business with you.

Bonus: When you join the Legends Program, you also get access to these BONUS courses:

Once you’ve built the client’s website, you might also want to upsell the client on the logical next step with Google Ads, SEO, Copywriting, or Facebook Ads. Offering these services will give you an additional source of revenue while bringing your clients even more success.

You could easily gain multiple thousands of dollars of recurring revenue per month by offering these services to your existing clients (who are easier to sell to because they already trust you). It can be extremely expensive to get trained in each of these areas, but as part of your Legends membership, you get full, unlimited access to the following courses:

MINI COURSE #1: THE GOOGLE ADS JUMPSTART

Learn Andy Black’s simple, step-by-step process for quickly launching Google Ads, getting profitable, and offering your clients a reliable way to drive traffic to their websites.

MINI COURSE #2: THE SEO BLUEPRINT

Industry expert Steve Dean teaches you everything you need to know about on-page SEO. After taking this course, you'll be able to upsell your web design clients on strong monthly, recurring revenue.

MINI COURSE #3: WEBSITE COPY MASTERY​

Rebekah Chalkley has been copywriting since 2014, with results that have created millions of dollars in sales. In this course, she will show you exactly how she creates website copy that reflects the client’s voice and helps any website to increase conversions.

MINI COURSE #4: FACEBOOK ADS ACADEMY​

Facebook Ads expert Tate Morgan has been running ad campaigns since 2012. In this course, he teaches you how to run profitable Facebook ad campaigns that get clients real results.

What does it cost to join the Legends Program?​

At this point, you probably realize that joining the Legends program is a proven way for you to MAKE thousands of dollars, while SAVING a bunch of time and GAINING access to the industry insights and strategies that will teach you what you need to know.

It is the shortest path to building your skills so that you can start making Fastlane money as quickly as possible.

I used to sell this program for $2000 per seat.

Later, I was able to drop the price to $1200 by becoming more efficient in my business systems, but you will not even pay that if you join through this thread.

My offer to Fastlane Forum members is the following deal:

One time payment of $1200 $750
or
Payment plan of $1200 $250 x 4 months

Click here to join the Legends Program now

Frequently Asked Questions

Is Web Design saturated? Is it too late to get good-paying clients?​

In 2024, web design is still an extremely viable business. It is one of the best methods of getting more money for less work than almost any other business, especially for skills you can develop in just a few months to quickly start selling high-paying projects. In addition, I teach where the big fish clients are hiding in 2024, and how to easily get to them using advanced prospecting methods I’ve never taught anywhere else before.

Is Web Design too complicated? How tech-savvy do I need to be?​

Web design is something that anyone can learn. If you know how to use a computer, you can learn web design. The web design tools out there allow you to make professional-looking sites even if you have a bare minimum of tech or coding skills. In addition, AI tools like Chat GPT have made it easier than ever to do the technical work of building a site. What’s far more valuable is your critical thinking ability. If you can connect the dots to help your clients make more money due to their clients having an easier path through the website from initial visit to purchase, you will do very well at the technical part of building websites.

Why wouldn’t I just learn web design on my own?​

You could. There are lots of free resources out there, and in fact, we recommend that our students take advantage of some of the best of those resources. The risk with learning on your own is that you could spend a lot of time focusing on the wrong emphasis, competing for the wrong clients, and getting discouraged before you reach your first wins. The difference with the Legends program is that the program is structured to help you learn the right skills in the right order to avoid all the common pitfalls and get results fast. Plus, you’ll be surrounded by a supportive community who is cheering you on, so you’re less likely to get stuck or sidetracked.

YDKsm80.png

D9UGNmo.png

How do I know this will work for ME?

You only need to sell ONE WEBSITE. You just need one client that agrees to a $1000 website deal and you will have made more than your entire investment back! (That's super EASY to achieve with this program.)

The Legends Program is built for any normal person to be able to build a profitable business. Everything we teach is a learnable skill. If you are able to read, watch videos, take action on what you learn, and be resilient in the face of challenges, you have what it takes to succeed in this program. You’ve got this! But just in case it helps, here are a few more success stories of students just like you who went through the Legends program and found success.

L9bQ40P.png

30-DAY RESULTS GUARANTEE

Still on the fence? You don't have to say YES right now. You only have to say MAYBE. Go through the program at your own pace for 30 days from the day of purchase, completely risk free. If you're not happy with the content, I'll refund you fully.

yffq4l2.png

The time is now

Right now, you have the opportunity to step away from your old normal.

Put your foot on the gas pedal.

And rev towards the fastlane.

If you’re dissatisfied with your old normal…

…If you’re tired of not having what you want in life…

…If you’re determined to reach your goals and dreams…

…and you don’t like being ashamed of your bank account balance (or your car or your living situation)…

This is a system that you can count on to get you there.

It has worked for hundreds of people, and I am confident that it will work for you.

Also, this is the last time I’ll be offering this deal to the Fastlane Forum.

When I take this down, it’s gone.

Now is the time to take charge of your future.

It’s already 2024. How are you going to step into 2025?

With your head held high, feeling respected and valued as a business owner?

Or beaten down with the same old, same old stuff that you’re dealing with now?

I want the highest and best version of your future, and I know the Fox Web School Legends program will give you what it takes to get you there.

Q53jPS6.png
I'm joining the program now, let's go.

rayi7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Nov 1, 2021
Whats the programme cost? How long does is the duration? Please reply

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Whats the programme cost? How long does is the duration? Please reply

Hey - so the program is usually $1500. With the discount in this thread it is $995.

Just use this link to get it.

The program is also lifetime access and you can go through it at your own pace.

It is designed to use as you take action, so there is no set time frame.

FastlaneDrip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Feb 2, 2024
Hey guys, what is up?

Who is up for building your first Fastlane business in 2024 and crushing it?

What I’m about to share in this thread is for anyone who is just getting started.

Maybe you don’t have a lot of marketable skills yet.

Maybe your main asset is persistence and determination and willpower.

You could have just graduated from college.

Or maybe you’re stuck in a 9-5 job, making less than you want to make.

As long as you’ve got a drive to succeed, but you’re not sure of the best path to get there, this thread is for you.

Here’s the deal.

I’ve got a proven path for you to kick off your Fastlane career and get yourself established as an entrepreneur, starting now.

…or not as smart as you…

But not just any skills.

People hear “skills” and they think they need some kind of INSIDERS knowledge about some complex industry.

That’s not true.

The skills I’m talking about are the skills every entrepreneur needs to start with.
  • How to identify a need

But so far, maybe you haven’t had a way to get the reps under your belt to gain those skills.

It needs to give you real-world opportunity to be a business owner (NOT just “pretend” or know what you “theoretically should do”)

And it needs to be something where you don’t need to spend endless years getting educated.

This HAS to be something that can ramp up quickly, get you some early wins, and make you real money.

There’s honestly a lot of ways to go about this. You could invent something or do ecommerce or any number of things.

But I’m going to propose Web Design as your “vehicle” of choice to get you there.

Everything's online.

It is scalable.

You can also make the kind of money that you can roll into another business down the road.

It also forces you to learn the “bread and butter” skills that every entrepreneur is going to draw on for the rest of your life.

You will be identifying niches in the process that might spark an idea for you where you can provide even more value.

• They undercharge.
  • Or they overpromise.

yUAsaDz.jpg

Join the Legends Program to get early wins, avoid costly mistakes, and run a profitable web design business in 2024.

The Fox Web School Legends Program is the proven path to take you from Zero to Success as a business owner.

Over 1000 students have joined the Legends program, and there are countless success stories from the ranks of Legends members.

One of the first students in the Legends program is almost at 7 figures at this point.

VlWeRGa.png

This could be you.

For a dedicated student who puts in the work,it takes just a few months for a new student in the Legends program to close a $2,000 - $5,000 sale. This has been true for countless students in my program, even for ones who started from zero.

TK9Co9p.png

But will you have what you need to legitimately solve a business problem and sell something that is worth $2-5,000? Yes, you will.

Here’s the thing…

Here is why I confidently expect ANY student of my program to make a real-world 4-figure sale within months of joining my program:

You know what matters?

It’s not coding.

This is where most people get tied up. They put their primary focus on those things. And then they fail.

In a way, web design is arbitrary. You could pretty much swap in anything that you sell and it would still work.

I believe you could join the Legends Program and swap in window washing or copywriting or car detailing, and the Legends training would still put you on the same successful path that it does for our web designers.

We just use web design because it’s such a proven way to work less and earn more.

The Legends Program is the ONLY training you need to start bringing in GOOD, high-paying projects, fast.

4ZLX0Bl.png

When you join the Legends Program, you’ll get immediate access to the following:

This is the training program that over 1,000 other students have chosen as their method to get to the Fastlane.

Inside the course, you get detailed modules that bring you up to speed on everything that matters. The training is broken down into easy-to-follow segments that guide you step-by-step through the skills you will develop.
  • Sales training that gives you the confidence to present your offer and close deals. If you internalize this training, it has the potential to skyrocket your results in ANY sales conversation.
    • How to close the deal
  • Mindset training so that your head is in the right space. A good mindset is the number one cause of success, and a bad mindset is the number one cause of failure for my students, so it’s vital to get this right.
    • How to not sabotage your success through feeling “unworthy” of charging your rates
  • Web development training that will put you on the right track to be able to create the deliverables that you sell.
  • Scripts, templates, and frameworks that you can swipe and deploy immediately for early wins
  • And much more

3rEv8qb.png

These monthly group calls are your chance to ask questions, get input on anywhere that you’re stuck, and get a healthy dose of inspiration from your fellow students on the program.

The Legends coaching calls are a safe, supportive environment to get your questions answered and get feedback that will point you in the right direction anywhere along the way.

You also get access to the recorded call archives, where you can find tons of incredible insights that have been shared along the way. You could probably make thousands of dollars just off of the insights, tips, and wisdom found in these calls alone.

This is a thriving, active community where all kinds of people are constantly posting helpful advice. We’ve got hundreds of successful students in this group, as well as brand-new students starting from scratch.

You can use this group to ask a question, share your success, contribute your expertise, celebrate each other’s wins, gain inspiration, collaborate, and see what’s working and what’s not for other web designers around the world.

A community is only as good as the amount of engagement that happens in it, but this community is really something special. Value bombs are shared all the time. And it’s the amazing people in the community who make it so amazing. A huge thank-you to all the Legends members who have made this community into what it is.

lFLPqYb.png

I paid one of the top Webflow designers $5,000 to create the Ultimate Webflow Template. He has also included a full tutorial on how to customize it. This template allows you to create a professional-looking, high-converting business website for yourself as easily as possible. That way, you’re not losing a bunch of time creating your own site, but you still have the benefit that if clients look you up, the quality of your online presence matches with what someone would expect to see.

Top-rated industry experts and successful business owners (including MJ DeMarco) share their secrets and strategies in these calls. You’ll learn advanced techniques in web design, sales, improving your mindset, and building a successful business from these calls. You’d normally have to pay big bucks to join an elite mastermind to get access to these kinds of experts, but all of these call recordings are included in your membership.

wfd4MPhUZ7Tsj01mGrb8cv0dLu52HBv5LzWiidHe2NP5K5LUTQNX1LelN9uBriXp71sYuudxU2fJeCSvYLj6kbTSqBm164ifbjBYzuSWtqt06gZBKF1alQvTWpXPlEH4AuxEtjlesil9Qw7BRlApDTmt9fO8jaHKPR2uMjK1_85pLHV_cIMORfQpMfrcQA

These are the exact email templates I use to close my biggest deals. Know what to say to clients and when. You’ll also understand how and when to customize these templates so that you can keep clients happy and make them want to do more business with you.

Bonus: When you join the Legends Program, you also get access to these BONUS courses:

Once you’ve built the client’s website, you might also want to upsell the client on the logical next step with Google Ads, SEO, Copywriting, or Facebook Ads. Offering these services will give you an additional source of revenue while bringing your clients even more success.

You could easily gain multiple thousands of dollars of recurring revenue per month by offering these services to your existing clients (who are easier to sell to because they already trust you). It can be extremely expensive to get trained in each of these areas, but as part of your Legends membership, you get full, unlimited access to the following courses:

Learn Andy Black’s simple, step-by-step process for quickly launching Google Ads, getting profitable, and offering your clients a reliable way to drive traffic to their websites.

Industry expert Steve Dean teaches you everything you need to know about on-page SEO. After taking this course, you'll be able to upsell your web design clients on strong monthly, recurring revenue.

Rebekah Chalkley has been copywriting since 2014, with results that have created millions of dollars in sales. In this course, she will show you exactly how she creates website copy that reflects the client’s voice and helps any website to increase conversions.

Facebook Ads expert Tate Morgan has been running ad campaigns since 2012. In this course, he teaches you how to run profitable Facebook ad campaigns that get clients real results.

At this point, you probably realize that joining the Legends program is a proven way for you to MAKE thousands of dollars, while SAVING a bunch of time and GAINING access to the industry insights and strategies that will teach you what you need to know.

It is the shortest path to building your skills so that you can start making Fastlane money as quickly as possible.

Later, I was able to drop the price to $1200 by becoming more efficient in my business systems, but you will not even pay that if you join through this thread.

or

In 2024, web design is still an extremely viable business. It is one of the best methods of getting more money for less work than almost any other business, especially for skills you can develop in just a few months to quickly start selling high-paying projects. In addition, I teach where the big fish clients are hiding in 2024, and how to easily get to them using advanced prospecting methods I’ve never taught anywhere else before.

Web design is something that anyone can learn. If you know how to use a computer, you can learn web design. The web design tools out there allow you to make professional-looking sites even if you have a bare minimum of tech or coding skills. In addition, AI tools like Chat GPT have made it easier than ever to do the technical work of building a site. What’s far more valuable is your critical thinking ability. If you can connect the dots to help your clients make more money due to their clients having an easier path through the website from initial visit to purchase, you will do very well at the technical part of building websites.

You could. There are lots of free resources out there, and in fact, we recommend that our students take advantage of some of the best of those resources. The risk with learning on your own is that you could spend a lot of time focusing on the wrong emphasis, competing for the wrong clients, and getting discouraged before you reach your first wins. The difference with the Legends program is that the program is structured to help you learn the right skills in the right order to avoid all the common pitfalls and get results fast. Plus, you’ll be surrounded by a supportive community who is cheering you on, so you’re less likely to get stuck or sidetracked.

YDKsm80.png

D9UGNmo.png

You only need to sell ONE WEBSITE. You just need one client that agrees to a $1000 website deal and you will have made more than your entire investment back! (That's super EASY to achieve with this program.)

The Legends Program is built for any normal person to be able to build a profitable business. Everything we teach is a learnable skill. If you are able to read, watch videos, take action on what you learn, and be resilient in the face of challenges, you have what it takes to succeed in this program. You’ve got this! But just in case it helps, here are a few more success stories of students just like you who went through the Legends program and found success.

L9bQ40P.png

30-DAY RESULTS GUARANTEE

Still on the fence? You don't have to say YES right now. You only have to say MAYBE. Go through the program at your own pace for 30 days from the day of purchase, completely risk free. If you're not happy with the content, I'll refund you fully.

yffq4l2.png

The time is now

…and you don’t like being ashamed of your bank account balance (or your car or your living situation)…

It has worked for hundreds of people, and I am confident that it will work for you.

I want the highest and best version of your future, and I know the Fox Web School Legends program will give you what it takes to get you there.

Q53jPS6.png
Alright, Mr. Fox. I have decided to join your program.

I've opted to make one payment of 750 USD. I'm going to go through all the content, and I'm going to apply everything I learn in Fox Web School to the best of my ability.

My goal is to find my first client and sell Web Design services for at least $750 USD or more (to break-even or profit on my costs to join the program). I will participate in the Private Legends Facebook Community and I will ask questions if I get stuck anywhere.

I hope to be your next successful student.
I will come back in 30 days and I will let other Fastlane Forum members know what I think of the Fox Web School.

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Alright, Mr. Fox. I have decided to join your program.

I've opted to make one payment of 750 USD. I'm going to go through all the content, and I'm going to apply everything I learn in Fox Web School to the best of my ability.

My goal is to find my first client and sell Web Design services for at least $750 USD or more (to break-even or profit on my costs to join the program). I will participate in the Private Legends Facebook Community and I will ask questions if I get stuck anywhere.

I hope to be your next successful student.
I will come back in 30 days and I will let other Fastlane Forum members know what I think of the Fox Web School.

Let’s go!

I’ll be in the group to help, tag me if you need me.

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 14, 2022
Hey Rob, I've got a few questions for you. To give you a bit of context, I'm from Ireland and currently in college atm pursuing a business degree. Firstly, I haven't got much experience in web design bar a general web development course I've been doing for a while (just a general one that covers front-end and back-end) that I haven't fully completed yet. How long do you think it would take me to get comfortable enough with it to be able to design websites?
Secondly, when you are actually designing websites do you build them from scratch yourself, or do you use another platform to do so?
Finally, do you think it is realistic to do whilst in college, working part-time, and whilst also playing sports.
Thanks!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hey Rob, I've got a few questions for you. To give you a bit of context, I'm from Ireland and currently in college atm pursuing a business degree. Firstly, I haven't got much experience in web design bar a general web development course I've been doing for a while (just a general one that covers front-end and back-end) that I haven't fully completed yet. How long do you think it would take me to get comfortable enough with it to be able to design websites?
Secondly, when you are actually designing websites do you build them from scratch yourself, or do you use another platform to do so?
Finally, do you think it is realistic to do whilst in college, working part-time, and whilst also playing sports.
Thanks!

Hey, Im Irish also if you didn't already guess ha.

Ya, I used templates and themes to speed it all up. I could probably code from scratch (when I was learning code more) but just going off a good template was like 80% of the work done already.

Nowadays I have people who code things up for me - they mostly use Webflow.

Both ways work. And if you want to learn code, then go from it (sounds like you would already know some). But you can do just fine by knowing the basics and then working off website building tools.

At the end of the day most businesses just want a normal looking website. It doesn't have to be custom - it just has to have a good plan and get them results. Hope that helps.

Adam256

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
33%
Nov 14, 2022
Hey, Im Irish also if you didn't already guess ha.

Ya, I used templates and themes to speed it all up. I could probably code from scratch (when I was learning code more) but just going off a good template was like 80% of the work done already.

Nowadays I have people who code things up for me - they mostly use Webflow.

Both ways work. And if you want to learn code, then go from it (sounds like you would already know some). But you can do just fine by knowing the basics and then working off website building tools.

At the end of the day most businesses just want a normal looking website. It doesn't have to be custom - it just has to have a good plan and get them results. Hope that helps.
Thanks very much.

FastlaneDrip

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
325%
Feb 2, 2024
After having access to the Legends program for 30 Days, I have decided I will not be asking for my money back as per the 30-Day Results Guarantee. I see the value in the Legends program and I fully intend to get through all of it.

I am only halfway through the main training. I would've gotten through it much faster if I weren't already working a full-time job and a part-time job.

The Legends Program will be worth my investment in the end, in my opinion. I will update further when I get through the rest of the training and make my first sale.

CedricDrenth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
60%
Mar 18, 2024
Hello! I'm new to this forum and this post grabbed my attention. I'm definitely determined to start something and hustle my way up but don't know if this investment is worth it... I'm a student with barely any money. Would love to know from other users on this platform if you have tried the course?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hello! I'm new to this forum and this post grabbed my attention. I'm definitely determined to start something and hustle my way up but don't know if this investment is worth it... I'm a student with barely any money and $750 is a lot of money to me. Would love to know from other users on this platform if you have tried the course?

Message me and I can help you out with a student plan.

And the program has been around for years with 100s of people having success with this:

^This is the previous thread with a lot of student feedback.

chong-an

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
300%
Jan 29, 2024
Hi Fox! Thanks for sharing the opportunity.

Just to share my background, I'm a senior/lead software engineer, I've been thinking to start my own business for a while but still feel something is missing, this looks like what I'm missing now, I'd give it a try!

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi Fox! Thanks for sharing the opportunity.

Just to share my background, I'm a senior/lead software engineer, I've been thinking to start my own business for a while but still feel something is missing, this looks like what I'm missing now, I'd give it a try!

Welcome - I see you just joined!

I will catch you in there and thanks for signing up.

Wael

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
X MODERATED X
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Jul 13, 2022
France
J'ai rejoint la formation il y a un mois et c'est un excellent investissement. je ne connais personne dans mon entourage qui a besoin d'un site internet ou même qui en possède un. est ce que certain qui rejoint la formation ont sauté cette étape et se sont mis directement à chercher un client?

Last edited:

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I joined the training a month ago, and it's an excellent investment, living up to what Rob promises. The training suggests to beginners like me that we should start by creating a few websites for our close ones for free, just to be able to show it to our first client and establish credibility by demonstrating that we have already completed websites before. The problem is that I don't know anyone in my close circle who needs a website or even has one. So, I would like to know if some who joined the training skipped this step and started directly looking for a client. thank you for your responses.

Ya 100% you can move beyond this stage. I teach in a way that tries to get everyone over the line. But it is very possible to speed things up and do it a lot faster/bigger also.

Plenty of students have sold $2-5k deals (or more) right out of the gate. But... you don't have to either. Just depends on what level you are at when you join and how fast you want to push things.

Post up in the Fb group some more details and we can jump in and help some more.

Immanuelthefirst

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
80%
Mar 4, 2024
J'ai rejoint la formation il y a un mois et c'est un excellent investissement. je ne connais personne dans mon entourage qui a besoin d'un site internet ou même qui en possède un. est ce que certain qui rejoint la formation ont sauté cette étape et se sont mis directement à chercher un client?
This just answered a major question for me

Mashal 7

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Mar 5, 2023
Karachi, Pakistan
Note: This program has been available on the forums since 2020 and has now been taken by over 300 different forum members. For the previous thread on the program and 100+ student reviews, check out this link here.

Hey guys, what is up.

Maybe you don’t have any marketable skills.

Maybe just graduated from college or got let go from a job.

(Or maybe you’re still stuck in a 9-5 job, making less than you want to make.)

Here’s the deal.

…or not as smart as you…

But not just any skills.

That’s not true.

• How to identify a need

Everything's online.

It is scalable.

• They undercharge.
  • Or they overpromise.

yUAsaDz.jpg

VlWeRGa.png

This could be you.

TK9Co9p.png

Here’s the thing…

You know what matters?

It’s not coding.

4ZLX0Bl.png

• How to close the deal
  • And much more

3rEv8qb.png

lFLPqYb.png

or

YDKsm80.png

D9UGNmo.png

L9bQ40P.png

30-DAY RESULTS GUARANTEE

yffq4l2.png

The time is now

Q53jPS6.png
I find the content of this course to be really valuable.

Just had a question from Mr Fox is this course also designed for someone in the third world, would he be able to comply with the lessons despite weak communication skills?

MichelleWood

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
Hi @Fox
Looks like a great program you have there and great idea for a side hustle! I'm not keen to build and sell websites for other people (only because I already have 2 businesses and others that really fit the CENTS model I'd love to start in the future).
So I'm wondering if this program would be viable for me to build/update my own websites or am I better off outsourcing?

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Hi @Fox
Looks like a great program you have there and great idea for a side hustle! I'm not keen to build and sell websites for other people (only because I already have 2 businesses and others that really fit the CENTS model I'd love to start in the future).
So I'm wondering if this program would be viable for me to build/update my own websites or am I better off outsourcing?

Id say best to just outsource and stick with your own main business activities.

If you want to DM me your details, past websites (if you have them), and rough budget I can post up in the group and some students can apply.

Hope that helps. Program is solid but its much more on the business and sales side of growing a website business.

MichelleWood

New Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 28, 2023
Melbourne, Australia
Id say best to just outsource and stick with your own main business activities.

If you want to DM me your details, past websites (if you have them), and rough budget I can post up in the group and some students can apply.

Hope that helps. Program is solid but its much more on the business and sales side of growing a website business.
Thanks for your honesty @Fox would have been easy to say 'sure do my course'. I thought I was being lazy not learning all this stuff and always outsourcing. However, when I read @Johnny boy 's lawn care thread I'm reminded the ideal business model is all about outsourcing and automation.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
I find the content of this course to be really valuable.

Just had a question from Mr Fox is this course also designed for someone in the third world, would he be able to comply with the lessons despite weak communication skills?

Hey @Mashal 7 - I missed this question.

We have students from over 80+ countries now and a bunch in low income locations. People can sell from wherever and all you need to do to get going is covered in the program. Businesses don't care where you are from if you can show in the right way that you can deliver results.

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 11.14.41.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 11.15.53.png

Screenshot 2024-04-12 at 11.13.20.png

goldminer

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
41%
Feb 19, 2024
al

If you've been following me here or on Youtube, you probably know that I started a web design business back in 2016. If you missed it, I have a full 'gold' thread on how it went here.

In short, things went super well, I posted about it online; others wanted some help starting their own online web design businesses, and eventually the school (and now this program) got started.

Since then I have worked with hundreds of people, helping many to start their first consistently profitable online business.

But as far as things go a lot has changed since 2016 – the economy, politics, business trends, the global marketplace and so on. Every week there is some new global event, and it is easy to get distracted.

While on the surface it looks like a lot has changed, I don't think it has. I feel strongly that the web design business model and the principles behind it haven't really changed one bit. And the people focused on the right approach to web design are doing better than ever (I have top students doing $10,000 to $25,000 deals consistently).

So if you're ready, let's get started ...

Can web design still work in 2024, and if so is it a good choice?

This thread somewhat assumes that you are open to the idea of starting a web design business. Maybe you have even thought about trying web design in the past, but were not 100% sure if it was the right thing for YOU to pursue with all the different options out there.

Either way, the most common questions (and what we will cover in this thread) are:
  • Is web design still a good option?
  • Can I learn this with no past experience?
  • How hard is it to learn web design and make money?
  • How fast can I sell my first project and get profitable?
  • How much coding skills do I have to know to sell websites?
  • Is it too late for me to compete against others doing this for years?
  • Can I take this step without getting stuck in something that's NOT right for me?
If any of these questions sound familiar, then keep reading because I’ll answer all of these below.

My goal is that by the time you finish reading this thread, you can definitively say either—“Yes, web design is a good option that fits with my long-term Fastlane plans”—or—“No, I can safely rule out web design for now.”

If you get stuck at any point, just use this form to get more info (and I will email you directly also).

On top of this, you likely want a business to tick some important boxes:

These are the common personal requirements we see people asking about when it comes to web design. They are not exactly questions, but more "will it be possible to achieve this" type goals.

Let’s cover them first...
  • You’re looking for a business model with very little or no downside risk
  • You don't want to get caught up in "the next big thing" that's gone a week later.
  • You are looking for a viable business model that can actually work - no playing around
  • You prefer to build a skill set that is transferable if needed and useful in all business areas
  • You need to be able to start right away using only the skills and resources you already have
  • You don't want to have to go back to square one and start from scratch - or worse, try to get a job
  • You don’t have the ability to invest $10,000s to buy a business or be able to order a bunch of inventory
  • You need to be cash flow positive in a short period of time. You can't wait all year to start making money
  • You want something easy to run without employees, an office, face-to-face meetings, or supply chains.
  • You also want something that can be part of your bigger long-term Fastlane plan
If some or all of these sound like things you want in your next business idea, the good news is that web design checks all these boxes and more. If you want to see how, just keep reading. I'll show you how in this post.

So what does it take to succeed in web design in 2024?

Over the past 4+ years, I've been fortunate enough to help a lot of people get started with a profitable web design business. Through my own YouTube channel, this forum and several other places, we have built a great private community that helps everyone win big.

I try not to promote web design too much on the forums, but through my web design program there has been at least 300-350 members on here that I have helped get started with their first successful online business.

I also have my own YouTube channel with over 35,000 subscribers, my freelancing Instagram page with 220,000 followers, and my email list with nearly 20,000 people

All of these different places mean that I have now directly helped and coached literally thousands of different web designers and freelancers.

And what I want to cover below are the clear trends I have noticed on why some people succeed, while others get stuck or fail over and over.

And these strategies that we will cover do make a BIG difference.

I have had students with zero experience sell their very first website for MORE than some web designers with 5+ years experience have ever made on a single project.

AND it's not just about making profits either - they also do an amazing job of helping their clients get REAL business results.

It is a total win-win for everyone involved.

"So what are the different approaches and why do some people succeed and others don't?"

Let's start by looking at what NOT to do...

The 2 Common Approaches to Web Design That WON'T Make You Profitable

#1 Wrong Approach - Focusing 100% on learning coding and technical skills

95%+ of web designers fail to achieve freedom because they spend all their time developing technical skills. They think that if they are experts in Javascript or Wordpress, they will be in demand and profitable.

They quickly find out, though, that it just doesn’t work that way. Business owners don’t think in terms of code and design — they instead keep focused on their most important business challenges or problems.

Can you imagine a business meeting where the owner tells his team, “We badly need to put more money into HTML and CSS this month”? That is never going to happen!

What matters most to a business owner is what clearly keeps their business running and growing. These are going to be areas like increasing sales, attracting new customers, or making sure everything is running efficiently.

It is these key business areas where you need to clearly show how you can help.

This is now twice as important in 2024. If you can’t help with creating sales, customers, or better systems most businesses are not going to want to listen to you at the moment. They want big results - right now.

It is in the key most important business areas where you need to clearly show how you can help.

To succeed you have to present what you can offer in a way that matters to them. If it isn’t easy for them to see the value in what you are selling, they will put it at the bottom of the list with 1,000 other things that need to be done someday.

What gets their attention is “here is how you can get more customers” not “I could improve your old Javascript”.

The people who do best don’t focus on selling the technical stuff - instead they look for ways to create value and then make it appealing for a business owner to invest in.

Often they actually have very little or average technical skills.

While advanced coding skills may get you a job, they alone won't make you an entrepreneur. Focusing too much on your technical skills usually results in you becoming just another cog in someone else's business. With a "need to learn more code" mindset, it is easy to become overqualified without a clear way to make money or sell yourself.

Unfortunately, a lot of web designers don't see this and keep going in the wrong direction.

And when it doesn't work, they mistakenly double down on the very skills that are already hurting them the most... "I don't get it - I can code amazingly - why can't I find work?".

I get a lot of this kind of DMs all the time - it doesn't work.

Also there are so many easy ways to make a website in 2024 with very basic coding skills and anything extra on top of that can be easily outsourced. The truth is you don’t need to be that good technically to run a profitable web design business. The real skills that make you profitable are often not technical.

(A lot of old school web designers or people who paid big money for coding degrees will disagree. BUT these same people complain they can’t get hired and there are no good clients. Business and selling skills always come first.)

Wrong Approach #2 – You focus on building beautifully-designed, custom-coded websites.

A lot of web design gurus out there will teach people that this is where the money is — spending weeks building fancy, custom-coded websites. But this approach doesn’t work well either.

First, you will end up working around the clock to make the perfect design. When you focus on selling design, you attract clients who think about how things look, rather than how well they work. You’ll have clients focused on the design of every pixel, section, and button. Many times, it means a lot of extra hours added to the project and dozens of rounds of changes.

I am sure some people on here have horror stories of these sort of projects! Design focused projects can be a nightmare.

Secondly, though, very few businesses care about design in the first place. When they don’t know what they want, they might say, “design,” but what they are really after is a solution to a deeper problem.

Your clients don’t really need elaborate custom illustrations, 3D graphics, tons of animations, and award-winning design. They don’t care much about a totally unique, fully custom website that’s nothing like a visitor has ever seen before.

What they are looking for is a real change in their business. They are secretly hoping that the fancy new design helps them get more sales, or brings in new customers. Often when you get to the core issue it was never really about design - it was something bigger they were after.

The cool thing is when you identify what really matters you can get a lot better results with much less work. There are way more effective (and easier) ways to help create sales than spending 100 hours on photoshop making custom graphics.

Of course, this doesn’t mean that visual design is useless or bad. It’s just one of the tools we can use to build great results. Just like with technical skills - it is nice to have but don’t let it be what you rely on to build your web business.

----

Where both of the above examples go wrong is the same - putting specific skills before an overall approach that works.

Business owners don’t go to sleep thinking of code or design. They are thinking about their actual business.

Web design gets (very) profitable when you start to think bigger than just code and design...

The main reason people succeed with web design is by shifting their mindset to what really matters.
Instead of focusing on code or design they start to look at things from the business owners perspective.

These web designers only focus 20% of their time on learning technical skills and design, but the other 80% on mastering how to use and market those skills.

Many are not the “best” coders or designers, but they understand how to make their skills extremely valuable in the marketplace.

They realize that running a web design business has very little to do with technical skills or your design ability.

>>> It is all about creative problem solving and adding value. <<<

To give some examples, here are a few of the skills you can quickly develop to be running a profitable web design business in a short amount of time:

1) Problem Solving
Learn to see the overall situation and develop creative solutions that make a difference. This is like the story of the expert who charged $20,000 for fixing one small part in a large factory. He wasn’t paid for the work involved - it was for knowing the right solution

2) Creating Value
This forum knows that money always flows towards value. When you learn to see web design as a tool to be used to help a business solve their problems and achieve their goals, you can quickly increase your prices by 2, 5, 10 or more times. Business owners will always pay well for websites that offer real value.

3) Master Selling
Businesses need cash flow to survive. And every business is interested in either securing their cash flow or growing it. Most likely both. So knowing how to build a website that helps with sales is a super valuable and profitable skill set. (And knowing how to sell helps you get bigger and better web design deals, too).

4) Communicating and Messaging
Along with selling, businesses also need a lot of help ensuring they have the right message that reaches the right people. You become extremely valuable when you can help create and improve their messaging. This skill requires you to identify customer needs and understand the marketplace.

5) Mindset and Self-Management
This is an easy area to work on that gives you a massive boost over the competition. Most web designers struggle with managing themselves and their business. Being able to do both means you can make rapid progress and also see gains in other areas of your life too.

6) Combining Simple Skills
Scott Adams (creator of the Dilbert comic) calls this ‘Talent Stacking’. It is about combining several skills to create massive value. When you have basic proficiency in a bunch of different areas like web design, copywriting, email marketing and so on, you start to open many very profitable opportunities for yourself.

How many of these require a degree in computer science or a $10,000 design bootcamp? None.

But these are the sort of skills that put you at the top of the marketplace. They are what make you profitable and in demand. If you look at any success thread on this forum, you are going to see many people who have succeeded using a combination (or all) of these skills.

These types of skills are where you need to be focused to succeed. They are what will set you up for long term success as both a web designer but also in the bigger picture as an entrepreneur.

With that in mind, let’s look at how you can get started with learning and developing these core business skills...

A realistic plan to succeed at web design in the short, medium, and long term

There are three main stages you will progress through in your web design journey. These stages also show why web design is such a great way to learn the key skills we talked about above and to prepare for your future Fastlane ventures.

***I’ve included student case studies from people on this forum to show you what to expect at each stage. If you are one of the people (or another student), then feel free to add in more details below if you wish.***

The first stage: Getting started

This is where most people are going to be when they first join the program. They will either have started learning the basics of code or will have some coding skills but struggle with sales.

The first goal here is to change how you view web design and to focus on what matters most to a business owner. When you can see why they would buy, you can start to align what you are selling with what they want. This makes it a lot easier to sell, but it also means that what they hire you for is much more valuable for them, too. It is 100% win-win.

The second goal is to help develop a winning mindset for business (and life). After 100s of interactions with students, I’ve noticed that mindset is one of the biggest issues holding most people back. So we put plenty of focus into helping you overcome any mindset issues. Such as self-doubt, procrastination, perfectionism or poor self-management.

In around 1-3 months, our students will typically land their first $1,000+ project. Getting that first win under your belt feels great and creates a ton of momentum! While this isn’t life-changing money, it’s still a great first milestone, and it helps to confirm the fact that you’re building a solid foundation of skills. You’re learning how to sell, how to close deals, and how to manage a project. You’re changing the way you see business. You’re beginning to help others and be in demand.

(Plus it means you will have already paid off the full lifetime access to the program!)

A good example of this is Owen...

Owen joined in May of last year after seeing this thread on here.
He had little in the way of coding or web design experience...

View attachment 55319

By August, he was using the sales and business skills from the program to land website and SEO deals...

View attachment 55320

And then, by November was able to hit a big personal goal and quit his job. ..

View attachment 55321

For a student who shows up and takes action with the program, these are the sort of results we would expect them to hit.

Another great student example is @Isaac Oh

Isaac started a few months back and has gone from a $500 project to a $2,500 project to just recently enjoying his first month of over $10,000. Keep in mind that he only just started to learn code when he joined, too. This isn’t about just charging massive prices either - his clients are getting massive value and huge results from his websites.

***Update***: Isaac has now transitioned into running a full blown agency with the skills he has picked up in this program. He works with some amazing clients and is running a steady 6-figure a year business...

View attachment 55322

These posts above are taken from the private FB group, and you will see success posts like this every week.

And here is another recent one from Instagram, of someone who took my previous program that I promoted on the Fastlane forums...

View attachment 55323

Medium Term (1-2 years):

This is where you start to focus on building a steady income and a solid base of clients and referrals.
While big payday projects are great, to succeed long-term, you also want consistent cash flow.

So this stage is all about building the right relationships, helping businesses in a big way, and becoming a longterm trusted advisor.

The cool thing is that as you build more trust with each new client, you also get to learn a lot about how successful businesses grow and thrive. You get an inside look at how their businesses run - which means you can develop real, transferable skills. On some projects, you can get dozens of hours working alongside seasoned successful business owners.

This experience helps with a lot more than just web design. It can be very hard to get this kind of insight elsewhere, but with web design, business owners share openly with you as you work together. You get a lot of exposure to what makes a business successful, what creates sales, and what keeps customers coming back. It’s like a bonus mini MBA of sorts.

To give a few examples of people at this stage who started with just making websites and who are now quickly going Fastlane...

A great example of this is @GuitarManDan. You probably have already seen his own great gold progress thread on here, but I will quickly cover his progress....

Dan started his web design business in 2018 using my previous course and had a very decent year or two. However, he wanted to take things to the next level and didn’t want to get complacent. He then joined the full Fox Legends Program.

After joining, he absolutely crushed it, and along with some big website sales, did super well with building recurring revenue too. To give just one example, he landed a $25,000 sale from a cold email technique that I shared in the course (but Dan gets all the credit for taking tons of consistent action!).

Within the first year he was already well into building a steady six-figure web design and SEO business.

But he didn't stop there...

He has also created a truly Fastlane business on top of his web design business with massive potential. It is still in the early stages of scaling it up, but he is already at over $60/k a month, and this is the exact goal we love to help people towards with the program.

You can see his latest progress here...

View attachment 55324
(Screenshot from Dan's progress thread)

Long-term (2-3+ years)

I hinted at this with Dan's story, but our end goal with this approach to web design is much bigger than just making some websites. This last stage is really what separates this program from other options.

As much as we love web design (and we do!), we always see it more of a launching pad than an end destination. Our end goal is always for our students to use their web design experience to go on to launch an even bigger Fastlane-style business.

If you think about any successful Fastlane business, you will need a certain set of skills:
- How to find unfulfilled needs in the marketplace
- How to create a valuable product or service
-How to then sell that product or service
- How to scale your business
- And so on

Once you pick up these skills through web design, you will be ready to keep on moving to the next Fastlane level.
It is a natural next stage and one we have built into the way we run this program from the very beginning.

If have done our job right, during this stage you will feel ready to use what you have learned (and your cash flow from projects) to reach for that next level.

A good example of this is @MJ DeMarco himself. Now obviously, MJ isn’t a student or has taken any of my training, but if you look back at MJ’s story (before his big successes), he first started paying his bills and improving his skills through web design work...

“I aggressively marketed my website. I sent out emails. Cold-called. Mailed letters. I learned search engine optimization (SEO). Because I couldn’t afford books, I visited the Phoenix library daily and persisted to read about Internet programming languages. I improved my website, learned about graphics and copywriting. Anything that could help me, I consumed.

Then one day I had a breakthrough; I received a call from a company in Kansas who raved about my website service and wanted me to design their website. Sure. I obliged with a price of $400. They thought the price was a steal and within 24 hours, I built the company their website.

I was ecstatic. In 24 hours, I had most of the rent payment. Then ironically, not 24 hours later, I received another call from a company in New York asking for the same thing… a new website. I designed theirs for $600 and it took me two days to complete. I had another rent payment!

Now, I know this isn’t a lot of money, but from poverty to $1000 in three days felt like winning the fifty million dollar Powerball.

My first few months in Phoenix, I gained traction and survived on my own for the first time in my life. No flower boy. No bus boy. No pizza delivery. No sponging off mom. I was purely self-employed! I was momentous acceleration, a wind at my back that foreshadowed a directional change into a new universe of wealth generation.’

and...

“I took a contented pause thankful of my recent move and glanced at my bank balance. It was more than $5,000 and it was more money than I ever knew. Now I realize that $5K is not a lot of money, basically it is bankrupt. However at that moment in my life, it meant not having to get a job for at least another year.

You see, that $5,000 bought me one year of freedom. Freedom to pursue success. Freedom to do what was necessary. Freedom to pursue my dream. For the next year, I was guaranteed to own every hour of my life.

Links:
https://www.mjdemarco.com/my-story/
https://www.thefastlaneforum.com/community/threads/one-year-of-flf.56628/#post-417628 (post #17)

This is a great example of starting web design in the best way possible - with a focus on using it to go much further when the time is right. And I fully agree with MJ here and think web design is NOT a great long-term option. The best web designers are always people who used web design to go on to do something much bigger! That is how you make it truly Fastlane.

But for someone on here right now without a solid business plan, who doesn’t have a ton of money in the bank to invest, and who might be struggling with core business abilities such as mindset or sales, then web design can be a perfect option to get you to where you want to be long term.

What are the key ingredients to make Web Design work for me?

The mistake I have seen over and over is people who have the best of intentions, but head completely down the wrong road. They focus on developing the wrong skills, working with the wrong type of clients, and having no idea how to increase their sales or results.

What can seem like progress at first can quickly turn into a dead end. They end up working for free or cheap for months on end, yet things are still not improving. They are no closer to big sales or any real success.

Web design is definitely not an area where hard work is necessarily going to pay off - you have to think strategically.

Where is a good place to start?

Get a good game plan. No matter how low your current skills or experience might seem, with a solid plan you can make massive progress in a short amount of time. Just one or two projects done the right way will add up very fast.

Along with that surround yourself with the people who are already getting good results and learn from them. You don’t need to reinvent the wheel. The people who run successful web design businesses use the same effective tactics over and over again. This is where a coach or mentor is going to be key. You might think I am biased (since I also coach) but I invested a lot in coaching and training when I first started. I still do.

On top of this it's crucial to have a solid support system to keep you motivated and focused. Working as a web designer can be quite challenging if you are fully alone. By being a part of a group of like minded people though, you can keep yourself accountable while making a ton of personal and business progress. A strong network is a must.

These core ingredients to web design success is why we have structured Fox Web School the way we have. We saw what what would work best and then built a program that provides you with everything you need to succeed.

What Fox Web School Can Offer

Nobody needs another generic course that gets you average results. There are plenty of these, and they churn out people who will never make more than a few $100 for a website.

What you need right now is the right coaching and blueprint (along with a proper community) for creating real success. You want a proven program to develop the right skills for you in the right order - and that keeps you motivated and moving in the right direction.

That is exactly what you get when you join Fox Web School.

We focus on helping you master important business skills that make a real difference.

These are skills like:
- finding big needs in the marketplace
- persuasion and communication
- taking huge amounts of action
- overall business strategy
- problem solving skills
- sales and marketing
- solid self-control
- and mindset

And all of this adds up to a dangerous skillset you can then use to build any type of Fastlane business.

In fact, since this program launched in 2019, we have already helped 350+ members directly from this forum plus over 1,300 students total. We have worked hard on making a great program and community that over-delivers and consistently gets results.

This program is known as the “Fox Legends Program". And it was built with a specific end-goal of first helping you to get profitable with web design - and then showing you how to use web design to go even bigger.

To keep this post a bit shorter we haven’t packed it full of reviews (we have 100s) but if you look around this thread or on the forum you will find many. Also, on Trustpilot we have well over one hundred 5-star reviews...

View attachment 55325

We are always working hard to improve things, but the program is already completely proven to help new students see great results and consistent progress.

Based off what has been proven to work best so far the program structure is:

a) Stage one - Get Dialled In
  1. How to quickly develop the mindset of a successful entrepreneur
  2. Why people will buy websites from you (at a high price)
  3. How to quickly learn the business of web design and use it to start any online business
  4. How to control your own internal mindset and actions
b) Stage two - Master the Core Skills
  1. This section of the course will show you how to go from zero to charging $10,000 plus for web design projects. We will cover all you need to know and how to do this with zero previous skills.
  2. You’ll also master selling, prospecting, copywriting, proposals, communication and how to spot and solve large business problems. These are the core skills you need in any business.
  3. You’ll also learn the bigger skills needed to grow and guide a business like goal setting, strategy, planning, thinking big, and creating a vision you and your team can buy into.
c) Stage three - Get Moving Towards Your Goals
  1. In this final section, you’ll be ready to use your combined web experience, skills, and cash flow to start creating your own Fastlane business on top of web design.
  2. We will give you the tools to start finding ideas, know how to add value, how to start a new business around strong market needs, and how to get your first customers rolling in.
  3. The goal of this stage is to help get you ready to create a truly “Fastlane” type business that you can transition into from web design. Web design is great and a fantastic place to start but we will make sure to see you the whole way through to even bigger business success.

(This is an overview of the general stages - use the link below and I will send you a FULL program breakdown)

Also, you get access to our amazing community...

Monthly live calls

Every month, we have several group live calls hosted personally by myself.

There are open format on Zoom - and are a place where you can share your progress, ask questions, get direct feedback, and speed up your learning pace.

Since I have started the program I have hosted several hundred of these calls - which is something you won't see in hardly any other program. (Cause I actually care about getting you results!)

And since we get asked this a lot – we record all calls and have a system in place to get your questions answered if you can’t make a call. This also means all the past live calls are available once you join too!

---

We also try to do some Guest live calls - with some notable past calls being MJ DeMarco himself, along with John Kavanagh (Conor McGregor's coach), and James Jani (1.6 Million YouTube subs).

View attachment 55326
---
Membership to the private Fox Legends Program Facebook group

You’ll also get full access to our private Facebook group, where you can interact with your fellow students. You all know what a private Facebook group is, but this one is different.

For a change, this one is actually very active and high value with detailed posts and daily engagement.

You won’t need to wait longer than a few hours at most to get a response to your question...

View attachment 55327
(This group is still so active after years because we actually care and help you get results!)

And I share this screenshot to once again show you that this program is different and that we do actually care. We have many past members (and myself) in the group daily helping new people to succeed as much as possible.

It is common to see whole sale pitches and proposals get created and then successfully closed in the Facebook group each week! If you join, and have any issues with web design, your business, motivation, mindset etc. – we are always in the group ready to help.

I know from experience just how critical it is to surround yourself with other motivated people if you want to hit your goals. And while I might be a bit biased, I truly believe our community is one of the best places to do that.

(If I’m being honest, this is probably my favourite part of the program. Pretty much everyone who joins is blown away by how supportive all of the members inside the Legends community are.)

Extra Resources

Along with the full program I have also invested back into getting in the best guest coaches possible for some additional bonus courses.

There include:

- Learning Google Ads with @Andy Black
- Copywriting Skills with @Bekit
- Mini Agency Course with Isaac Oh
- Facebook Ads course with Tate Morgan
- Starting SEO course with Steve Deane
- Webflow Starter course from Eli Alcaraz
- As well as bonus coaching calls from a few of the top members on this forum

So it is pretty stacked with all the skills you need to get going!

What you need to be able to join…

We run things a little differently to most communities and it also means our deal is way better.

First off - we give you FULL lifetime access. So once you pay upfront (or complete your plan) you then have full lifetime access to everything. This also means you can access everything once you join - so no waiting around for things to unlock or for you to get access permission.

Which is pretty crazy. Most programs on this level limit you to only 6 or 8 weeks and that is it. I have been happy to continue to help out all the members who have joined over the last 3 years. Which has the added benefit for you of having a ton of experienced people in the group once you join.

Bottom line - I really do care you get real results, and have put everything possible into the program to do so.

We do run a tight operation though, and require a few things from you to make sure it makes sense to work together:

:check: - willingness to commit and stick with a proven plan
:check: - a few hours of time each week to learn and apply what we teach you
:check: - some savings or cash flow to cover your cost of living as you learn the business
:check: - you want real advice that works, and are open to a better way of building an online business

But on the other hand, here are some things that you don’t need to join:

:xx: - advanced or even intermediate coding and programming skills
:xx: - prior business experience - we teach you business skills from scratch
:xx: - a ton of free time - we get that you have a life and maybe a job to support yourself before the biz takes off
:xx: - a personal website, business cards etc. - there are better ways to get started without wasting time
:xx: - living in an English-speaking country (we have many students from Europe, South America and Asia)
:xx: - a perfect mindset - it’s ok if you have some fear and doubts about these types of things. That’s what we’re here for!

If you are willing to apply yourself and have the minimal resource to make this possible, this is a realistic option to start learning web design the right way. If you are a good fit, we will do everything we can to ensure you succeed.

There’s never been a better time to join…

The Fox Legends Program of course isn’t the only way to start an online business, but we do take a lot of hassle out of the way:

- A proven program that works, and has been successfully used by 100s of people on this forum. Some of which are now making $30-50k+/month consistently.

- A focus on the core business skills that matter most. Skills that you can use to succeed in web design, but which also create the business foundation you need for any bigger Fastlane ideas.

- A strong and active community that will help every step of the way. We are a loyal ground of people who want to help you to get going and to see you win!

- A business model that can work in pretty much every country and location on earth. And that also doesn't require you to have some crazy degree or all the right connections.

- A focus on what really matters and that lines up with the Fastlane philosophy. The goal is to NOT have you be a freelancer forever. It is to get you in, show you the skills to succeed, and then get you on to the next level.

And all this adds up to a great next step for anyone looking to get started with their first profitable online business.

PLUS - joining Fox Legends Program is super reasonable for the amount of value you get:

The Legends Program Deal:

The Legends Program used to be a $2,000 investment to join. But while it’s been helping hundreds of people to get massive results, this price is just not possible for some people. They want to join, but can’t afford it.

So what I have done, is reduce the price to allow some more people to join.
If they are ready to go and fully committed!

So, right now, I’m offering it to you for over 50% off the original price.

And this includes all the same lifetime access, and all the training, content, live calls, community and bonus content.

This isn’t just about saving you money – it’s about getting you to commit to your goals and take action.

This is also an exclusive Fastlane deals that I don't offer anywhere else.
I love this forum and want to help as many members as possible - so this is the best price you can join at.

Also keep in mind, the whole focus here is a positive ROI for you on your money invested.
And this is quite easy - just one smaller website deal easily pays for this whole program.

And then you still have all the skills, training, community, and support with full lifetime access...

View attachment 55328

If you are interested - just click the link below, and I’ll send the Fastlane Deal details over to you right away.

(Also, if you want, you can also email me back with any questions you might have)

The link is:

right i am gonna earn 1k first and then join this course
and it will take some time

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
al

right i am gonna earn 1k first and then join this course
and it will take some time

There is a monthly plan you can use and a 30-day money back guarantee also.

So no real reason to wait if you plan on joining later.

"and it will take some time" > it is good to have patience but at the same time you don't want to put limiting beliefs on yourself also. Selling a 1k website is not too big a deal.

Midnightbast111

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
Apr 19, 2024
It is. But the labor market is very crowded and very competitive. It is really necessary to have a good team of talented designers, so that it is you who order the creation of sites, applications, etc.

Fox

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Forum Sponsor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
690%
Aug 19, 2015
Europe
Okay, not life changing money just yet... but you can get started on this very fast with a good approach...

Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 09.10.57.png

(They are based in Eastern Europe also in a country where this goes a long way)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.