The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Random Chat, Thoughts, Posts, and/or Rants Thread

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
The size of the muscle isn’t the problem, it’s the squishy layer over it - haha everybody has their own struggles I guess

Building up the muscle will help burn the fat. I have the same problem though

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

BizyDad

Keep going. Keep growing.
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
416%
Oct 7, 2019
Phoenix AZ
#lifegoals

Sure, six pack abs are cool.

But are they as cool as a hotel... In space?

I want to go to there.

And 2027 doesn't seem that far away. This is really exciting stuff. Makes me think this is what people in 1911 probably felt like waiting in anticipation for:

:eek::eek::eek:

They probably don't let fat folks go to space, so there's another reason to go for those 6 pack abs.

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)
#lifegoals

I want to go to there.

And 2027 doesn't seem that far away. This is really exciting stuff. Makes me think this is what people in 1911 probably felt like waiting in anticipation for:

They probably don't let fat folks go to space, so there's another reason to go for those 6 pack abs.

If you could get a space suit and tie it to the door or something and fly around space that would be really cool.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

#lifegoals

I want to go to there.

Good news is the fat will keep you warm if you get detached from the space station, like Dave did.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas
Space might be the only way we can save humanity from the coronavirus.

When this runs its course, only 99.9 percent of us will remain... We need to go to space to prevent extinction.

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore
Anyone wanna start a subscription box business? LOL

Rabby

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
319%
Aug 26, 2018
Florida
So here's a thing. Some people have a deeply rutted condemnation path in their brains. I see it as a sort of brain damage, but this morning I got some clarity on what causes it.

Here's a brief explanation of the process:
  • Assume that if someone makes a mistake, that person did a "bad thing"
  • If the mistake leads to "suffering" of any kind, even as trivial having to wait 10 minutes for a band-aid, the person "didn't care" and is a "bad person." This manifests in many situations, like employees getting paid late, defaulting on debt, etc.
  • Here's the kicker. If you employ or supervise other people, and THEY make mistakes, the mistakes are your fault. This is called "accountability" (read that with a goofy tone, because real accountability is something different).
  • All such mistakes made at any level down the hierarchy are likely to "cause" at least minimal suffering. Therefore, as a leader of many people, you are inevitably a bad person. Bad, terrible, even evil.
This is the illogical spiral that leads people to declare that all billionaires are evil, all rich people are evil, all employers are evil, all politicians are dirtbags (many are, but for these reasons), all bosses "exploit people," etc.

Yesterday I listened to someone rant about how billionaires exploit people, and the examples she gave were all things like this. It all started with a humorous story about SpaceX engineers who were on an atoll, and a food delivery failed (atolls are not known for their bustling ports). So they declared a banana republic and said they would re-join SpaceX when they air dropped chicken wings and cigarettes. I thought the story was pretty funny, and the 'mutiny' justified (they were actually short on food) but not some dark story of starvation, slavery and abuse from the Imperial age. These were engineers making 6 figures while building one of the first commercial spacecraft on a tropical island... I'm pretty sure they wanted to be there.

Any way, that was just one example of Elon's literal "evil" to this person. Evil! Like go to Hell evil.

And what I realized was that anyone who does much of anything is going to be "evil" if that same evaluation process is applied to them. If you have 10 employees, one of them, or you, are going to mess something up, some time. It will affect an employee, a customer, or someone. And since mistakes that inconvenience, disrupt, or harm people add beads to your personal evil counter, you quickly begin accruing evil points.

You might notice there is only one way to avoid this sure path to evil. Do nothing. You can just exist, consume food, produce nothing, hire nobody, try nothing. Eat, sleep, complain, condemn someone for their evils, use the toilet, repeat. A simple, pure, blessed life.

Anyway that was my morning insight. While these saints eat, crap and complain, I'll be over here accruing evil points.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011
So I did a real meditation session, I'm not sure what is the point of this. Do i just go blank in my head and think of things? Don't know how long I did and was just thinking about stuff. Must of been 30 mins or more I'd guess, ( I layed down with my arms out like Jesus and focused on my breath)

This is a process, not an event. This post I wrote after meditating for 60 days straight should explain it better:

G

Guest-5ty5s4

So here's a thing. Some people have a deeply rutted condemnation path in their brains. I see it as a sort of brain damage, but this morning I got some clarity on what causes it.

Here's a brief explanation of the process:
  • Assume that if someone makes a mistake, that person did a "bad thing"
  • If the mistake leads to "suffering" of any kind, even as trivial having to wait 10 minutes for a band-aid, the person "didn't care" and is a "bad person." This manifests in many situations, like employees getting paid late, defaulting on debt, etc.
  • Here's the kicker. If you employ or supervise other people, and THEY make mistakes, the mistakes are your fault. This is called "accountability" (read that with a goofy tone, because real accountability is something different).
  • All such mistakes made at any level down the hierarchy are likely to "cause" at least minimal suffering. Therefore, as a leader of many people, you are inevitably a bad person. Bad, terrible, even evil.
This is the illogical spiral that leads people to declare that all billionaires are evil, all rich people are evil, all employers are evil, all politicians are dirtbags (many are, but for these reasons), all bosses "exploit people," etc.

Yesterday I listened to someone rant about how billionaires exploit people, and the examples she gave were all things like this. It all started with a humorous story about SpaceX engineers who were on an atoll, and a food delivery failed (atolls are not known for their bustling ports). So they declared a banana republic and said they would re-join SpaceX when they air dropped chicken wings and cigarettes. I thought the story was pretty funny, and the 'mutiny' justified (they were actually short on food) but not some dark story of starvation, slavery and abuse from the Imperial age. These were engineers making 6 figures while building one of the first commercial spacecraft on a tropical island... I'm pretty sure they wanted to be there.

Any way, that was just one example of Elon's literal "evil" to this person. Evil! Like go to Hell evil.

And what I realized was that anyone who does much of anything is going to be "evil" if that same evaluation process is applied to them. If you have 10 employees, one of them, or you, are going to mess something up, some time. It will affect an employee, a customer, or someone. And since mistakes that inconvenience, disrupt, or harm people add beads to your personal evil counter, you quickly begin accruing evil points.

You might notice there is only one way to avoid this sure path to evil. Do nothing. You can just exist, consume food, produce nothing, hire nobody, try nothing. Eat, sleep, complain, condemn someone for their evils, use the toilet, repeat. A simple, pure, blessed life.

Anyway that was my morning insight. While these saints eat, crap and complain, I'll be over here accruing evil points.
This is a good point and I see it similarly.

Everyone makes mistakes, but when you’re a nobody, your mistakes only affect you (means you’re “not evil”).

But when you have a significant amount of responsibility, all of your mistakes affect others. So every little time you mess up (you will) is just another reason to make find you “more evil.”

The ones who get around this usually just fake their public image or appeal to certain ideas they don’t actually believe in. Or are super secretive.

Whats funny, as an example, is a guy like the CEO of Boeing. Yes they’ve had some truly horrible screw ups (that I doubt he was directly involved in in any way). But he’s not even the man “behind the curtain.” He’s the fall guy. The really rich guys aren’t active in the company, they’re just shareholders or institutional investors. And yeah, those 737 MAX crashes were the fault of engineers and managers. I doubt the CEO knew the details, which is sad because he could have done more, but that’s a gigantic organization.
————-
Basically, that guy knows a little about everything at his company, but not a lot about anything. The mistakes further down aren’t his fault, except insofar that his job is literally to take blame for stuff other people do.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted78083

This is a process, not an event.

I have come to realize this year that everything is a process. Events don't exist. Or rather, events is buying that "gEt RiCh ThRoUgH rEaL eStAtE" program for 3 easy payments of 19.97.

Wait a minute, i'll go get my credit card...

Edit: I have read and finished the book "rework" by Jason Fried. Full of interesting insights. No need to read it, my notes will do:

You don't need nearly all of the things you think you need to make it work.

Ignore the real world. People will tell you a lot of things that seldom apply.

Learning from mistakes is something, but learning from successes is even better. After all, evolution doesn't linger on past failure.

Planning is guessing.

Long-term business planning is a fantasy. Too many factors are out of your hand. Plans are actually guesses. A business plan is a businsss guess.

Figure out the most important thing you'll do this week, not this year.

Make decisions before you do something, not far in advance.

Blindly following a plan which is not grounded in reality is dumb.

Why grow? Growing is dumb. Try to reach the correct size instead.

Small is a great destination in itself. Big businesses dream to be more agile and flexible.

Workaholism is dumb. It creates more problems than it solves. They dont accomplish more, just create more problems.

Cancel the word "entrepreneur". Be a starter instead.

Make a dent in the universe: do something that matters. The best way to do that is to make something you want to use.

Start making something. The only thing that matters is what you do, not what you say, plan or think.

The real question when it comes to business, is how well you execute.

"No time" is no excuse.

If you don't make the time for it, you don't want it bad enough.

Always have "why" instead. Great businesses have a point of view, not just a product or a service. You have to believe in something and know what you are willing to fight for.

A strong stand is how you attract the world.

Live it or leave it: there is a difference between standing for something and saying you stand for something.

Outside money is plan Z: you give up control, seek to cash out which hinders growth, it is addictive, it is usually a bad deal, you end up building what investors want - not what customers want, raising money is distracting.

Do you really need everything you think you need?

Start a business, not a startup. A business without a path to profit isn't a business, it's a hobby. Building a company without taking care of profits is like building a spaceship without taking care of gravity. So act like an actual business and you'll have a better shot at succeeding.

You need a commitment strategy - not an exit strategy. Would you go into a relationship...planning to breakup?

If you do manage to get a good thing going, keep it going. Good things don't come that often.

Have less mass. Mass is increased by: long-term contracts; excess staff; permanent decisions; meetings; thick process; inventory; hardware, software and tech lock-ins; long-term road maps; office politics.

Less is a good thing: embrace constraints. Limited resources force you to make do with what you got. There's no room for waste, which forces you to be creative.

Build half a product, not a half-assed product. Cut your ambition in half, you can't do everything perfectly. Lots of things get better as they get shorter. Getting to great starts by cutting the stuff that is "just good".

There are stuff you could do, stuff you want to do, and stuff you have to do. Start with stuff you have to do, the epicenter. To find it, ask yourself this: "if i took this away, would what I am selling still exist?"

Forget about the details at the beginning.

Decisions are progress: make the call fast. You can't build on top of "we'll decide later". But you can build on top of "done".

Be a curator. Say no to what doesn't work, keep the best. Constantly look for things to remove, streamline, simplify.

When there is a problem, don't throw more at it (more money, more people, etc) as it makes the problem bigger. Just cut back instead.

Focus on what won't change. The core of your business should be built on things that last. Things people want now AND ten years later. Fashion fades. Don't focus on fashion.

Gears doesn't matter. It's not about the camera, but about the photographer.

When you make something, you also make a sub-product. That's something you can sell. You just need to look for it, and find it.

Get it out there. Launch now. Once your product does what it needs to do, launch it.

Get real: don't do abstractions.

Questions to ensure you're doing work that matters:
- Why are you doing this?
- What problem are you solving?
- Is this useful?
- Are you adding value?
- Will this change behavior?
- Is there an easier way?
- What could you be doing instead?
- Is it really worth it?

Interruption is the enemy of productivity: isolate yourself to get sh*t done.

Meetings are toxic. If you do need meetings, set a timer (when it rings, meeting is over); invite as few people as possible; always have a clear agenda; begin with specific problem; meet where the problem is, not in a conference room; end with a solution whose someone's talk is to implement it.

Good enough is fine: we love solving hard problems with complex solutions cuz it's exciting. It's also dumb. Find a solution with maximum efficacy, and minimum hassle.

Accomplish small victories often and fast to keep momentum going.

Sometimes, it is better to quit than to perserve and be a hero.

Go to sleep.

Your estimates suck. No one can predict accurately what will happen in the upcoming years. The solution? Break the big things into smaller things. The smaller it is, the easiest it is to estimate.

Long lists don't get done.

Make tiny decisions that yield big results.

Don't copy. It skips understanding of the business and understanding is how you grow.

To avoid being copied, make yourself a part of your product or service. Decomoditize your product.

Pick a fight: Under Armor attacked Nike, Dunkin attacked Starbucks, Apple attacked Microsoft, etc. Pick your competitor and if they suck, say so.

Underdo your competition: if your competitor's product has got 4 features like you, don't go to 5. Go to 3. Make less, simpler, cheaper products to undermine the competition. Not the opposite, as this is a defensive reaction, and defensive people don't lead. They follow.

Focus on you, not them.

Say no by default. Use the power of no to get your priorities straight. You rarely regret saying no.

Let your customers outgrow you. Some of your customers will stop using your product at some point because they evolve and that's ok. Make sure you keep your product for your current AND future customers. Scaring away new customers is worse than losing current customers.

Don't confuse enthusiasm with priority.: sometimes you get a brand new idea at night and abandon everything to focus on it. In the morning, the idea doesnt seem as awesome anymore. We get a lot of ideas, but most of them suck despite original feelings about them. So write your ideas on a piece of paper and let them cool off. Look at them again in a few days to see if they are worth pursuing.

Be at-home good: sometimes you buy stuff in a shop and you're excited, but then you unpack it and it sucks. Do the opposite. Make products that make people even MORE excited when they use it at home.

Don't write customers' requests down. They don't matter. The ones that matter will be repeated over and over again and you won't be forgetting them anymore.

Welcome obscurity. It's when no one knows who you are that you can make mistakes.

Build an audience. So when you have something to say, people will come to you, instead of you going to them. Speak, write, blog, tweet, make videos. Share information that is valuable.

Out-teach your competition - don't outspend it. Most businesses focus on selling or servicing, but no one thinks about teaching. Teach others, and you ll have fans quickly. Do like chefs. If you cook, write a cookbook. Don't worry about anyone coming to put you out of business. It just doesn't work like that.

Go behind the scenes: Show people how things are made, they love it.

Don't be afraid to show your flaws.

Press releases are spam.

Don't focus on big publications. Write to specialized magazines, bloggers, etc

Emulate drug dealers. Make products so good that clients come back asking for more.

Marketing is everything and is permanent. There is no marketing department.

The overnight sensation is a myth. No one cares about you. You are not special. Deal with it.

Never hire someone to do something if you have not tried it to do it yourself first. That makes sure you know what the future employee will do, how to hire them, how to manage them. Hire when it hurts.

Resumes are ridiculous.

Don't hire GPAs. Don't hire delegators. Hire managers people that come up with their own goals and execute them.

Hire great writers.

Don't hire on interviews. Hire on work.

Own your bad news. When something goes off, someone will say it. It's better if it is you.

Speed changes everything. Answer your clients right away.

Get everyone in the company to be connected to the customer.

You don't create culture. It just happens. Culture is a byproduct of consistent behavior.

It's not a problem until it's a real problem.

Most of the problems you worry about never happen anyway.

The environment is very important. Build a rockstar environment (trust, autonomy, responsibility).

Act on inspiration, as inspiration has a deadline.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

I have come to realize this year that everything is a process. Events don't exist. Or rather, events is buying that "gEt RiCh ThRoUgH rEaL eStAtE" program for 3 easy payments of 19.97.

It’s like a swim coach told me:

“races are won in practice. You pick up your medals at the meets.”

Xeon

All Cars Kneel Before Pagani.
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
191%
Sep 3, 2017
Singapore

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

LONDON (Reuters) - The majority of global C0VlD-19 deaths have been in countries where many people are obese, with coronavirus fatality rates 10 times higher in nations where at least 50% of adults are overweight, a global study found on Thursday.

The report, which described a “dramatic” correlation between countries’ C0VlD-19 death and obesity rates, found that 90% or 2.2 million of the 2.5 million deaths from the pandemic disease so far were in countries with high levels of obesity.

The study analysed the C0VlD-19 death figures from Johns Hopkins University in the United States and the World Health Organization’s Global Health Observatory data on obesity.

Strikingly, the authors said, there is no example of a country where people are generally not overweight or obese having high C0VlD-19 death rates.

Yet fat acceptance is a thing. I wonder how this whole situation would go even just 50 years ago. Probably 10 times fewer deaths than today and nobody would even notice it.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
370%
May 20, 2014
Ireland

Edit: I have read and finished the book "rework" by Jason Fried. Full of interesting insights. No need to read it, my notes will do:

You don't need nearly all of the things you think you need to make it work.

Ignore the real world. People will tell you a lot of things that seldom apply.

Learning from mistakes is something, but learning from successes is even better. After all, evolution doesn't linger on past failure.

Planning is guessing.

Long-term business planning is a fantasy. Too many factors are out of your hand. Plans are actually guesses. A business plan is a businsss guess.

Figure out the most important thing you'll do this week, not this year.

Make decisions before you do something, not far in advance.

Blindly following a plan which is not grounded in reality is dumb.

Why grow? Growing is dumb. Try to reach the correct size instead.

Small is a great destination in itself. Big businesses dream to be more agile and flexible.

Workaholism is dumb. It creates more problems than it solves. They dont accomplish more, just create more problems.

Cancel the word "entrepreneur". Be a starter instead.

Make a dent in the universe: do something that matters. The best way to do that is to make something you want to use.

Start making something. The only thing that matters is what you do, not what you say, plan or think.

The real question when it comes to business, is how well you execute.

"No time" is no excuse.

If you don't make the time for it, you don't want it bad enough.

Always have "why" instead. Great businesses have a point of view, not just a product or a service. You have to believe in something and know what you are willing to fight for.

A strong stand is how you attract the world.

Live it or leave it: there is a difference between standing for something and saying you stand for something.

Outside money is plan Z: you give up control, seek to cash out which hinders growth, it is addictive, it is usually a bad deal, you end up building what investors want - not what customers want, raising money is distracting.

Do you really need everything you think you need?

Start a business, not a startup. A business without a path to profit isn't a business, it's a hobby. Building a company without taking care of profits is like building a spaceship without taking care of gravity. So act like an actual business and you'll have a better shot at succeeding.

You need a commitment strategy - not an exit strategy. Would you go into a relationship...planning to breakup?

If you do manage to get a good thing going, keep it going. Good things don't come that often.

Have less mass. Mass is increased by: long-term contracts; excess staff; permanent decisions; meetings; thick process; inventory; hardware, software and tech lock-ins; long-term road maps; office politics.

Less is a good thing: embrace constraints. Limited resources force you to make do with what you got. There's no room for waste, which forces you to be creative.

Build half a product, not a half-assed product. Cut your ambition in half, you can't do everything perfectly. Lots of things get better as they get shorter. Getting to great starts by cutting the stuff that is "just good".

There are stuff you could do, stuff you want to do, and stuff you have to do. Start with stuff you have to do, the epicenter. To find it, ask yourself this: "if i took this away, would what I am selling still exist?"

Forget about the details at the beginning.

Decisions are progress: make the call fast. You can't build on top of "we'll decide later". But you can build on top of "done".

Be a curator. Say no to what doesn't work, keep the best. Constantly look for things to remove, streamline, simplify.

When there is a problem, don't throw more at it (more money, more people, etc) as it makes the problem bigger. Just cut back instead.

Focus on what won't change. The core of your business should be built on things that last. Things people want now AND ten years later. Fashion fades. Don't focus on fashion.

Gears doesn't matter. It's not about the camera, but about the photographer.

When you make something, you also make a sub-product. That's something you can sell. You just need to look for it, and find it.

Get it out there. Launch now. Once your product does what it needs to do, launch it.

Get real: don't do abstractions.

Questions to ensure you're doing work that matters:
- Why are you doing this?
- What problem are you solving?
- Is this useful?
- Are you adding value?
- Will this change behavior?
- Is there an easier way?
- What could you be doing instead?
- Is it really worth it?

Interruption is the enemy of productivity: isolate yourself to get sh*t done.

Meetings are toxic. If you do need meetings, set a timer (when it rings, meeting is over); invite as few people as possible; always have a clear agenda; begin with specific problem; meet where the problem is, not in a conference room; end with a solution whose someone's talk is to implement it.

Good enough is fine: we love solving hard problems with complex solutions cuz it's exciting. It's also dumb. Find a solution with maximum efficacy, and minimum hassle.

Accomplish small victories often and fast to keep momentum going.

Sometimes, it is better to quit than to perserve and be a hero.

Go to sleep.

Your estimates suck. No one can predict accurately what will happen in the upcoming years. The solution? Break the big things into smaller things. The smaller it is, the easiest it is to estimate.

Long lists don't get done.

Make tiny decisions that yield big results.

Don't copy. It skips understanding of the business and understanding is how you grow.

To avoid being copied, make yourself a part of your product or service. Decomoditize your product.

Pick a fight: Under Armor attacked Nike, Dunkin attacked Starbucks, Apple attacked Microsoft, etc. Pick your competitor and if they suck, say so.

Underdo your competition: if your competitor's product has got 4 features like you, don't go to 5. Go to 3. Make less, simpler, cheaper products to undermine the competition. Not the opposite, as this is a defensive reaction, and defensive people don't lead. They follow.

Focus on you, not them.

Say no by default. Use the power of no to get your priorities straight. You rarely regret saying no.

Let your customers outgrow you. Some of your customers will stop using your product at some point because they evolve and that's ok. Make sure you keep your product for your current AND future customers. Scaring away new customers is worse than losing current customers.

Don't confuse enthusiasm with priority.: sometimes you get a brand new idea at night and abandon everything to focus on it. In the morning, the idea doesnt seem as awesome anymore. We get a lot of ideas, but most of them suck despite original feelings about them. So write your ideas on a piece of paper and let them cool off. Look at them again in a few days to see if they are worth pursuing.

Be at-home good: sometimes you buy stuff in a shop and you're excited, but then you unpack it and it sucks. Do the opposite. Make products that make people even MORE excited when they use it at home.

Don't write customers' requests down. They don't matter. The ones that matter will be repeated over and over again and you won't be forgetting them anymore.

Welcome obscurity. It's when no one knows who you are that you can make mistakes.

Build an audience. So when you have something to say, people will come to you, instead of you going to them. Speak, write, blog, tweet, make videos. Share information that is valuable.

Out-teach your competition - don't outspend it. Most businesses focus on selling or servicing, but no one thinks about teaching. Teach others, and you ll have fans quickly. Do like chefs. If you cook, write a cookbook. Don't worry about anyone coming to put you out of business. It just doesn't work like that.

Go behind the scenes: Show people how things are made, they love it.

Don't be afraid to show your flaws.

Press releases are spam.

Don't focus on big publications. Write to specialized magazines, bloggers, etc

Emulate drug dealers. Make products so good that clients come back asking for more.

Marketing is everything and is permanent. There is no marketing department.

The overnight sensation is a myth. No one cares about you. You are not special. Deal with it.

Never hire someone to do something if you have not tried it to do it yourself first. That makes sure you know what the future employee will do, how to hire them, how to manage them. Hire when it hurts.

Resumes are ridiculous.

Don't hire GPAs. Don't hire delegators. Hire managers people that come up with their own goals and execute them.

Hire great writers.

Don't hire on interviews. Hire on work.

Own your bad news. When something goes off, someone will say it. It's better if it is you.

Speed changes everything. Answer your clients right away.

Get everyone in the company to be connected to the customer.

You don't create culture. It just happens. Culture is a byproduct of consistent behavior.

It's not a problem until it's a real problem.

Most of the problems you worry about never happen anyway.

The environment is very important. Build a rockstar environment (trust, autonomy, responsibility).

Act on inspiration, as inspiration has a deadline.
Awesome notes. So many resonate.

Can you create a separate discussion thread for this book so we can chatter about it in there?

D

Deleted78083

Yet fat acceptance is a thing. I wonder how this whole situation would go even just 50 years ago. Probably 10 times fewer deaths than today and nobody would even notice it.
Lockdowns were legitimatelly installed to protect all of the people that don't take care of themselves (fat people, smokers, etc) at the cost of hurting....well, everyone else.

Welcome to the tiranny of minorities, or what i call the "Captain America's ideology": endangering the whole group to save one person that doesn't deserve it.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
G

Guest-5ty5s4

Lockdowns were legitimatelly installed to protect all of the people that don't take care of themselves (fat people, smokers, etc) at the cost of hurting....well, everyone else.

Welcome to the tiranny of minorities, or what i call the "Captain America's ideology": endangering the whole group to save one person that doesn't deserve it.
It’s a part of a deep cultural problem where we shift towards utilitarianism with no other morality or direction.

It’s all like “which decision yields the best numeric result” and never “is it wrong for me to be making this decision in the first place?”

Or how about “maybe people’s free will should be taken into consideration.”

Nope. Data in, decision out.

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
1WgO544.jpeg

Thoelt53

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Dec 8, 2016
Boston, MA

Masks reduced the spread of COVID by a whopping 2%. That’s if you believe that statistic.

Either way, let’s shame those who don’t wear masks. As if the few and far between have any statistical significance when talking about an overall 2% reduction.

G

Guest-5ty5s4

Masks reduced the spread of COVID by a whopping 2%. That’s if you believe that statistic.

Either way, let’s shame those who don’t wear masks. As if the few and far between have any statistical significance when talking about an overall 2% reduction.

I’m always trying to work backwards to figure out what the real goal is, if any.

Look at the end result, work backwards, and you can usually tell what the goal was - because it lies in what ultimately happened.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

While you’re at it, don’t let YOUR perfectly healthy kid bring a peanut butter sandwich to school because some, soon to be useless, communist kid with a Karen mom and a beta Karen stepdad, that didn’t tell him not to eat peanut butter, even though he/she has an allergy, might go there.

These people... Instead of this being their F*cking problem... It becomes our problem. Miserable people.

I can’t leave this shithole country fast enough.

Last edited:

Raoul Duke

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
324%
Feb 26, 2016
While you’re at it, don’t let YOUR perfectly healthy kid bring a peanut butter sandwich to school because some, soon to be useless, communist kid with Karen parents, that didn’t tell him not to eat peanut butter, even though he/she had an allergy, might go there.

These people... Instead of this being their f*cking problem... It becomes our problem. Miserable people.

Define "healthy".

D

Deleted78083

While you’re at it, don’t let YOUR perfectly healthy kid bring a peanut butter sandwich to school because some, soon to be useless, communist kid with a Karen mom and a beta Karen stepdad, that didn’t tell him not to eat peanut butter, even though he/she had an allergy, might go there.

These people... Instead of this being their f*cking problem... It becomes our problem. Miserable people.

Sad to see these people's lives defined by the actions of other people. "If you succeed, then I fail, so you cannot succeed because it makes me feel uncomfortable". Talk about fraternity between people, this is the most selfish thought in the history of humanity.

In the same realm of ideas, about 20 months ago you had a bunch of vegans attacking butchers in France, which subsequently went on to be protected by the police lmao

Why can't people just mind their own f business?!

I look at this world like a sane person locked in an asylum (I am not calling myself sane, it's just a metaphor).

This forum is one of the few islands of wisdom that remains.

Kak

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
493%
Jan 23, 2011
Texas

sparechange

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Nov 11, 2016
Canada (Vancouver)

I was at the corner store and some old lady walked in, we chatted for a bit in line and she mentioned being a hospital worker and I asked her thoughts on the mask mandates. She 100% supported the masks and said it's a great idea because Coronavirus is *very* dangerous.....

After I paid for the goods, she asked for 2 packs of cigarettes and couldn't help but laugh, also met another person that supports the mask mandates yet is a chain smoker...

People are amazing :smile: If you are 50-100 pounds overweight, smoke or drink...believe me there is no reason at all to be worried about the virus since a heart attack or brain explosion is much more likely to kill you than the virus.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.